The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]   Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 am

[and as a side note, Serenghe pronounce it "kai". technically, it has its own letter ('qi', or q, as the case may be), since said letter is not used in any other words. just a random note of the hour]

"how familiar with chi are you?" Marcelina asked, "do you humans harness it to manipulate the elements on your homeworld?"
she paused. "that's what chi energy is used for here. it's the basis of most magic including the art of elemental forming. we manipulate this chi into the elements of our various affinities, and then can control them. the elements can be converted from chi energy into elemental energy, and vice-versa. it's a dangerous substance all by itself, but is also a key ingredient in various forms in various magic rites and stuff. where have you heard it before? what did it mean and what was it used for?"
this was a curious session, given that both of them were exchanging information like this. it had young Marcelina curious.

"the thoughts of many people concern me," Zurok cooed, "or perhaps I should better word it that they interest me. I care about people, and while I do not intend to give a sermon, it is one of the reasons I am liked."
Zurok was very shameless--nothing she said, no matter how awkward, or how bad of a reaction it garnered, ever fazed her.

various thoughts ran through her head at the moment, and it was very difficult to tell what she was doing. her eyes were shut, and her usual grin was replaced with a simple smile instead, which meant her teeth were not showing. perhaps she was scheming, perhaps she was simply enjoying the outdoors, even if it was in the middle of an urban setting. If asked about Zurok, most Serenghe would simply say "the only constant about Zurok Takamatzu is that she's most likely two steps ahead."

she observed Ontanias' words, and her face remained unchanged.
"Do not provoke us, and there will be no need for us to provoke you." she replied sweetly. "it's a simple concept, really."
she personally did not intend any harm, but she was going to remind them whose home this was, and who got to call the shots. Zurok never played by anyone's rules but her own, and while she was known for manipulating people into playing by her rules, it was never a direct or forceful approach. this time it wasn't a matter of playing by her rules, but playing by Mencu's rules.

she stamped her feet briefly, which brought the stone section of the damages structures around her back into position. it was just a temporary fix until she could get around to funding some builders to finish it back up with the Aether cores, but at least they would have 4 walls around them once again. her gaze then returned to the Awkwonai in front of her, where she tilted her head back to glance at her face, her usual smile back on her face.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]   Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:43 pm

[Huzzah, short post! Well there ya go. Be happy. xp]

"Well.. Chi... I'm not sure on all the details, really, but it never worked for us. It's from an ancient culture of my people. They used to think that it brought out the inner energies in themselves, but none of it mattered after the first bombs dropped. Don't think it worked, anyways.... 'N I don't think it's the same thing we're talking about," he shrugs as he picks up a small, awkward block of metal covered in strange materials. It seems aged and rusted, the very problem he seems to address as a small chisel-like tool seems to extend from beneath his fingernail, beginning to remove the rust on the device.

"Still, though..." His carefree tone seemed to diminish as he seemed to avoid a line of thought. "The culture from my home... Doesn't matter so much anymore. But your Chi sounds real awesome. I wish I could tap into that." He gave a false grin, trying to lighten his own mood again. "Tell me more, yeah? About ya people. I'm in'rested, now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Worry not.. I'll attend to your rules.."

Ontanias was off, turning about a far corner of the small pass into the streets of the town. She didn't seem to care of Zurok's display as she repaired the damage the Awkwonai herself had caused.

The proud warrior was in shame, putting down her visor to hide her face as she hid her limp and mounted the folding battle staff to her forearm. She began ambling around, quiet, through the middle of streets. Her steps were loud and her build held broad. It was obvious that she didn't intend to stop for anyone, nor slow if anything but children or stalls barred her path. It didn't seem she were looking for anything, only ambling aimlessly, contemplating to herself. She honestly had no care if any began following her, or turned a strange look her way.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]   Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 am

[well still. it took ya long enough xP]

Marcelina nodded as she listened.
"War's never a pretty thing." she agreed, "although chi... chi can be very beautiful."
she had noticed the way he trailed off when mentioning his own culture. either it was a grim place, had a grim fate, or some combination of both. But... she decided not to press what might be a sensitive subject.

"Chi is the basis for all things magic in the world." Marcelina began explaining, "it's a core part of even the society of this place. those with greater power and skill are generally more respected than those without, which, for most people is enough of a reason to hone one's skills. power, wisdom, and courage can take a Serenghe far in society, particularly the former two."

she aused, thinking of what to say next.
"Chi is also the core of a Serenghe's forming abilities. it is what gets injected into the various elements to enable us to manipulate them. elemental energy and chi energy can be converted from one form to the other, and is more or less the main way that most Serenghe fight. the fact that few of us can be disarmed is just another reason why war ends up being a futile effort on either side, because neither side will be able to fully subdue and disarm the other. y'know what I mean?"
she mostly asked to see if he was still with her on it.

Zurok decided to quietly follow her, not to be sneaky, but if nothing else, to ensure that there was no further damage done. her small size and graceful step did not enable her feet to make much noise as they touched the ground, but Zurok continued to casually stroll. it was a completely normal walk--just that a 39-pound woman did not make a very large impact on the ground which she walked on.

The older woman was already busy processing a myriad of things in her head, musing about this thing or that, keeping her thoughts secret for the most part. still, she was curious, and wary of various possibilities, and this was something that she would always keep in mind as she calmly walked behind her target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]   Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zul & Zai's title-less crossover RP [Non-Canon with New Chapters]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2