The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Earth Kingdom Ambassador

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Talkato
Talkato

EXP : 775

Character Description
Position: Royal Advisor to Her Majesty
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 am

Talkato

Hakano was a decent person, wise and respectful he was. It was surprising that these powerful people were chief Kanoei's family. "You all must be great people, due to the fact that you're related to chief Kanoei. It's a pleasure to meet you Hakano as well as you Nakkoa, but please there's no need to keep calling me Ambassador. My name's Talkato, and I'm sure we will become friends in a times matter."
At the corner of his eye Talkato saw Kanoei's thumb twitch at the sound of General Yu's name. Although Talkato has not been on the job long enough to know if there was a problem between them, he was also listening to any aggression in Kanoei's voice while he was talking to Star, of course Kanoei wouldn't do that. At least Hakano supported Commander Star's place here.
Talkato agreed with Commander Star and Hakano that they would need to learn a lot more about themselves if they were going to work with each other, he decided he would go first.
"Well as you already know my name's Talkato, I studied at Ba Sing Se University. As you also might know, it takes many years to get to positions like this. I'm a hardworking trustworthy man, and I'm honored to work with all of you in this room." Talkato hoped that this would be a start and others would join in.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Last edited by Talkato on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

"Ah, Ambassador!" Hakano said wryly. "The Blue Palace is a place of business and titles. Outside its walls, such familiarity is acceptable, but in this room, between such distinguished officials, a given name is never enough. Even with my own grandson, to call him by any other name but Chief would be an insult to his station."

"Whatever." Nakkoa snorted. "I'll call him moron whenever and wherever I choose."

Kano laughed. Even Hakano couldn't suppress a small smile.

"My granddaughter's levity aside, I think we should stick to titles while we're here. But know, when we speak of you by rank or station, we speak with a fondness otherwise reserved for the dearest of friends. For what else could our allies of the Earth Kingdom be?"

Kano had to admire how honeyed his grandfather could make his words. No wonder he was an adviser and diplomat of such honored reputation.

"As to the issue of getting to know one another..." Hakano continued in a sort of regretful tone Kano knew to be that which his grandfather often used in times of great misunderstanding. "Given the brevity of this relationship thus far, I do not think it appropriate for us to engage in conversations of such a... personal nature. My meaning when I said Chief Kanoei intended to come to a personal understanding of you, Ambassador, was that he wanted to see just what kind of man you are. At the risk of speaking of things beyond my right... I dare say he finds you an able representative of the Earth Kingdom."

"I do." Kano said, nodding slowly. "In time, we may come to be excellent comrades. But that is something only time will tell. For the moment, you have an embassy to put in order. We've already arranged a facility for you. It's a fine old building. It should serve you well. The Air Nomads chose to maintain a small shrine near the city gates for their embassy. The Fire Nation ambassador has withdrawn from the city, however. It seems Novai is no longer interested in talk."

"We thought that might happen." Hakano said. "It's no surprise. He's never been one for level action. One of the reasons it has come to this is his quickness to vindictive action. The withdrawal of the ambassador was simple the official end to our treaty with the Fire Nation."

"Agreed." Kano nodded. "I'm worried about this delay. They should have reacted to the defeat at the Western Air Temple by now. The fact there hasn't been a counter-attack yet is somewhat troubling..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Commander Star
Commander Star

EXP : 378

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am

Star was amazed at the difference of opinions between the Tribal members and Talkato with herself. The Northern citizens seemed so uptight and formal, while she was very relaxed, and Talkato seemed like he was focused on making everybody happy.

Nonetheless, she spoke "Regardless of what the Fire Nations are planning to do next, or what take are performing right now, we must not allow our actions to be delayed by such. We cannot sit around the entire war defensively, as we must march on the offensive to force the surrender or downfall of the Fire Nation."

"Is the Alliance Council to meet soon about our next act?"
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 pm

"The council has decided to leave the leaders to their own judgments until the combined fleet has finished consolidating in the Central Sea." Kano informed them. "It will be at least another three or four days."

"I imagine that was the reason why the exchange of ambassadors was so rushed." Hakano said, nodding.

"Exactly." Kano nodded in return. "There was concern that the Fire Nation would react quickly. Far too quickly to allow us time to consolidate the fleet. So the decision was made to leave each alliance nation to its own devices until the fleet could gather. That way, there would be more flexibility to react. But it seems that it was an unfounded concern. There's been no sign of Fire Nation aggression since the Battle of the Western Air Temple. Regardless, the Council intends to convene aboard the Brinea once the fleet is ready. We'll decide our first target and act at once thereafter."

"Hm." Hakano nodded slowly. "Commander Star. What is your assessment of the Fire Nation's apparent silence in all this?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Star
Commander Star

EXP : 378

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

"The Fire Nation knows they are greatly outnumbered, they have been defeated once, and that it would be extremely unlikely for them to win again. The Hundred Year War was a near-success for the Fire Nation, due to lack of airbenders, early inactivity by the Water Tribes, and the Earth Kingdom operating as a defensive plan. However, now with the Alliance, we have everything we need to take the Fire Nation down. The truth is, we could destroy the Fire Nation and sink it's cities into the ocean."

"With this said, the Fire Nation must be still devising a plan. I see no viable options that doesn't require important meetings and large preparation from them, the best time to strike is as soon as possible. The earlier we march into their capital city, the less prepared they will be.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 pm

"I'm not comfortable with rushing into the Fire Nation." Kano said, shaking his head slightly. "The fact that we don't know what they're planning gives me pause. I won't waste our upper hand with needless expediency. The fact of the matter is that the Fire Nation knew they could come under attack from large enemy forces before they attacked the Western Air Temple. For them, this war started a long time ago. They could be ready for us."

"Agreed." Hakano nodded.

"And more to the point, Commander." Kano continued, fixing his gaze on Commander Star. "This isn't a war of destruction. Our goal here isn't to obliterate the Fire Nation. Our goal is to bring its current ruler to justice. I won't stand for unnecessary damage to the Fire Isles or the culture which inhabits it. The people of the Fire Nation are not our enemies. Its leader is.

"The faster we move, the more likely we are to make a mistake. And in war, the mistakes get bloody. The last thing we need to do right now is give birth to generations of hatred with unnecessary bloodshed. This alliance gives us the power we need to force the Fire Lord into submission with our presence alone. I intend to capitalize on that fact."

"But we mustn't move too slowly either, Chief Kanoei." Hakano said. "The Commander's argument for swiftness isn't entirely without warrant. Just as rushing to combat may lead to mistakes, so too does lengthy battle. This could escalate into a multi-generational war if we are not careful..."

Kano sighed. It was a difficult decision to make. Of course, it would take the council's vote to make it. Now was the time to figure out where he stood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earth Kingdom Ambassador   Earth Kingdom Ambassador - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Earth Kingdom Ambassador
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2