The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Go down 
+4
Loki
Meili
Matsu
Akhet
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico Empty
PostSubject: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico Ast

Full Name: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico
Element: Water
Birthplace: City of Arviat, Southern Water Tribe
Position: Warrior; Healer; Brother of the Avatar
Training:
Waterbending (Expert)
Healing (Expert)
Combat (Intermediate-Expert)
Artistry/Design: (Expert)
Engineering (Basic/Intermediate)

Personality: (229)
Similar to all of his older brothers and his older sister, Akhet is a confident, formerly somewhat cocky young man, but has the skills to back it up. Unlike his sister, he cares a little bit more about people, but is not afraid to flaunt his good looks or pull ridiculously crazy stunts just to prove that he can. He is strong, but like the rest of his family, is a bit reckless, and so while he has the skills, he is still able to get whooped in a fight just like his Avatar sister does. When it all boils down, Akhet has a good sense of humor and is somewhat flirty. He also has the same calm, cool, and collected personality that his mother has, which means he is very slow to anger.

Akhet is cool and also relatively humble nowadays, not seeing a need to boast in his skills, instead preferring to show them. He is also very caring towards people he befriends and trusts, as has been seen with his lover, Minali. He is similarly very family-focused and is very good with children. While a very playful and flirty young man, he respects the boundaries of people deeply, especially those of people he loves. He is a hard worker and because of his calm and cool demeanor, he is generally very easy to get along with.

Abilities: (233)
Akhet is a talented waterbender, known for his powerful attacks and swift movements. similar to Zulera, his focus is more along the physical lines of bending, which gives him an edge in some situations and a disadvantage in others. Because of his physical activity, his body is well-toned just like his sister's, and he is also a brawler skilled at hand-to-hand combat. this ties in with how he and his siblings have always excelled at physical prowess, but were somewhat lacking in spirituality.
Despite being more physically geared than spiritually so, Akhet is a very competent healer, being well-versed in human anatomy as well as the manipulation of water to help work as a catalyst for the process. He is continuing to study in this field in hopes to improve his skills. Similarly, he works with hand-to-hand combat and combat bending to keep his skills in those departments from getting rusty.

Akhet is also a reasonably talented artist, being very good at sketching and painting and the likes. He is also a hard worker and if he starts a job, he will not stop until it is finished. Coupled with his smooth voice and soothing words (and singing voice), and he has something of a charm to him that runs in the Tallarico family, so perhaps it is also safe to say that he is endowed with good looks. His main weakness, similar to Zulera, is that his potential almost seems squandered by the fact that he does not have any long-term plans for the future, unless perhaps his relationship goes somewhere.

Appearance: (214)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 164 lbs
Eyes: electric Blue
Hair: Thick, dark brown, neck-length waves, with twin small beaded braids on either side of his face
Skin: Brown
Unlike his sister, who seems to have gotten a stint in her vertical growth, Akhet is tall like the rest of his family. standing at 5'11" and weighing in at 164 lbs, he is sturdily built, but is also fast. like most Water Tribe citizens and the entire Tallarico family, Akhet has electric blue eyes, brown skin, dark brown hair, and dresses in blue. he wears a loose tunic, thick pants similar to those his sister wears, heavy boots, and braced gauntlets. his hair, which is rather spiky, is neck-length, wavy and rather messy. of particular note, Akhet has  Water Tribe tattoos onto his right bicep and on his back, similar to (but not the same as) her sister Zulera. He also has a set of small marks on his right cheek.
Similar to most of his family, Akhet's face is calm and cool, and it is clear that he is a Tallarico not just from his tattoos (since they are mostly covered when he is wearing clothes), but also from his calm smile and his electric blue eyes. He has a couple of small braids on either side of his face, extending to about the bottom of his jawline, and they are held together by small sets of blue beads on both sides.
[and this is a picture of his face. xB]

Weaponry & Other Gear:
Akhet carries a few books on healing, as well as water skins of course. Otherwise, he mostly goes unarmed, using his hands and feet as weapons.

History:(525)
Akhet was born the 7th of 7 children to citizens of the Southern Water Tribe. By the time he came into the world, his sister, Avatar Zulera, was already 11, and aware of her bending abilities. As the youngest of 7 children, the eldest of which was the Avatar, it seemed he had quite the reputation to live up to.
However, he failed to get lost in the shadow of the Avatar. he remained a powerful bender throughout his life, and was even able to beat his sister in some of their spars. While in truths, defeating Zulera in a fight is not as difficult as it sounds, it was still an accomplishment, especially for a girl 9 years his elder. He did shoot up like the rest of his brothers, and they are all significantly taller than their older sister Zulera, something they all like to tease her about because of how she reacts. He grew close in his friendship with his sister, and the two were probably the siblings with the closest bond, despite their large age difference.

Like most of his family, Akhet travelled extensively, usually between the two Water Tribes, but also dropped in on parts of the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom. Akhet's travels aren't nearly as vast as Zulera's, but he is far from ignorant about the rest of the world.
While Akhet is skilled, he knows that there is more for him to learn about bending and about combat. like his brothers, he was educated in the ways of the warriors, although unlike them, he followed the path of his sister Zulera, preferring to use his fists and feet when bending wasn't an easy option.

During his travels, he made money as a temporary healer, or by doing odd jobs here and there, as his physical strength and stamina helped him look good. The rest of his "resume" was the fact that he was a dilligent, dedicated, and hard worker who would not quit a job unless it was literally impossible or life-threatening, or until it was done (the latter of which being much more common).  

With the exception of Zulera, most of Akhet's siblings are married or in relationships, and it does not seem that he will remain single much longer either, especially given his flirty and humorous nature. Obviously, the nature of his family was one of similarity, which was why Zulera and the others have all pursued similar interests, and therefore also had similar backstories, other than the obvious fact that they grew up together. While his parents have settled and remained in the Southern Water Tribe as of lately, Akhet, his sister, and his brothers, have all gone off to travel, and wander the world.
He recently found love in the form of a young engineer from the Fire Nation, who, while lacking in bending skills, had produced weapons that could emulate such things, with varying success. Having cared for her after healing her of some severe injuries, he soon fell in love with her, and the two are set to be married in the very near future if things continue to go well.

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP:

Character Box:

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

It's Zul of course. You all know me.
Mood: Amused
Condition: Content
Link:

Last edited by Akhet on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Approved, just wait for two more approvals.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Nokomi approves.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 pm

and this makes 3!

to which I say huzzah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Meili... this is one of your characters... I don't think that it would be right for you to approve him.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 pm

I approved Matsu, and she's my character. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the char, Gysu. Leave her be.

~Noko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:35 pm

... I know that there is nothing wrong with the character... but approving your own creation just seems a tad bit off to me
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Plus she approved Varsha on her own too, so who cares.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:05 pm

You shouldn't be able to approve your own creation, but mods/admins have done it anyways, who cares... a new rule can easily change that. The only issue is that you cannot approve a character with only 1 approval, you need 3 approvals.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825

Character Description
Position: Avatar

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I admit to "Speeding up the process" by virtue of the fact that I usually do these things deep in the night when few others are awake.

however, I also leave the disclaimer that if there is something wrong with the character (AKA if there is something that would have earned disapprovals instead of approvals) that people are welcome to bring it up and I would change it if it was reasonable to do so.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Fair enough, for future reference just avoid "speeding up" the process, it lets the other staff members read and understand your character to a greater degree.

Even if you provide a disclaimer, which I'm happy you did, it doesn't give anyone a free ticket to simply approve and begin RP'ing, that's the whole reason we have a 3 staff member approval system, to avoid this kind of stuff from happening.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Well.... I missed this discussion as well.

Anyways, to stop any further debate/argument, I
Approve of this app. So you have three undeniably official approvals.

As far as approving oneself goes, I think it's just a matter of moral. I mean I wouldn't even feel right enough to approve my own character.

But I can also understand the haste some believe approval needs. So with that in mind, I will simply advise (Despite my slight lack of authority among you all) that we, though staff, should indeed wait on the approval of others staff before proceeding with a new character.

Just like any new idea, it's obvious we support what we advise, but should definitely require the proposition (Character in this case) to be run through other staff before. Otherwise, we have some fundamental chaos. Such has been seen even in my time here, where an individual or two will decide something major for the site/plot and not run it through majority of the staff. I know that character approval is much smaller, but it's still opening a gateway to abuse, is all.

As for hast, approval only takes a day (If that). We have 28,563 of them. Patience. ^^;

Back to top Go down
Zefira
Zefira

EXP : 2695

Character Description
Position: Pirate Queen

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 am

BUMP.

updated it to fit current expert-tier standards and to be more in-line with current events and stuff. Essentially just made it better without actually adding anything new in terms of abilities or stuff (just elaborated his appearance/history/abilities, and mentioned his relationship <3 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akhet Sumatra Tallarico   Akhet Sumatra Tallarico Empty

Back to top Go down

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico
Page 1 of 1