The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hyouka

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hyouka Empty
PostSubject: Hyouka   Hyouka EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Full Name: Hyouka Yuuen
Element: N/A
Birthplace: Jang Hui
Position: runaway

Personality: Hyouka is somewhat of a withdrawn character. She does not speak often, and tries to stay out of people's way as much as possible. As a result of her mother's murder, Hyouka is sceptical of people with power, and even gets anxious around firebenders, since a firebender was responsible for her mother's death.

Though she does not suffer from an inferiority complex, Hyouka will go above and beyond to convince people that she is not worth the attention, and that people who believe in fortune tellers and 'gifted children' are lazy and irresponsible. During these discussions she can get very emotional, which can be a bit of a shock for those used to her usually more calm and distant demeanour.

Abilities: According to the Fire temple, Hyouka has the ability to 'see' both future and past events, which is the reason that the Fire nation wants her to return to the capital. In Hyouka's eyes however, her abilities have many flaws, and are no use on a large scale. For instance, she can only see past events that are bound to her personally, or to the people that she cares about.

Seeing the future is something that Hyouka regards as 'hyped up' by the Fire Sages, as her predictions become less accurate over time, meaning she can only confidently predict things that will happen a few seconds later. Even that ability puts great strain on Hyouka's body, rendering her unable to move if she uses it for a prolonged period of time. Most frequently, she uses her abilities to flee her pursuers, or in order to trick innocent women out of their money by pretending to be able to predict their love life.

Appearance: Unlike most people, Hyouka has dark skin, which is accompanied by rather badly kept blond hair. Her usual attire consists of a red kimono-style shirt, black loose-fitting satin pants, and soft brown sandals. Her somewhat bright appearance is in sharp contrast with her personality, and Hyouka frequently wears a black scarf that covers her blond hair, in order to escape the stares. She doesn't see herself as beautiful, mostly due to the fact that she is still a child. Most people who meet her say that she looks slightly strange, but that she has cute freckles.

History: Hyouka Yuuen was born in an old farmhouse on the edge of Jang Hui, as the seventh child and only daughter of Mala Yuuen. After all her brothers passed away in a neighbourhood conflict, Mala took Hyouka to the fire nation capital, where she hoped the two of them could lead a better life. Instead, they were constantly harassed by members of the fire temple, who believed that Hyouka was a special child with spiritual abilities that could benefit the fire nation. Not wanting to lose another child, Mala refused to send Hyouka to the temple in order to have her abilities assessed, and instead kept her at home, where she was taught basic reading and mathematics.

When she was twelve Hyouka’s mother was murdered by a rogue firebender, after he challenged Hyouka to ‘tell’ him what he would do next. By the time the she figured out the bender's intentions, it was too late. The event left Hyouka with permanent scars, and a general loathing for both her own, and other people’s abilities. Now that her mother is no longer protecting her, the Fire nation has been (unsuccessfully) tracking the child’s whereabouts for almost two years. Desperate not to have to go back to the capital, Hyouka lives her life as a runaway, fleeing from all four corners of the world in order to keep her freedom.

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP:

Character Box:

Hyouka Yuuen

The young girl stared at the woman that was sitting opposite her. She had a good face, one that was beaming with anticipation. Hyouka wondered what to tell her. It was vital to keep it vague, as vagueness was equal to success in this business.

''You are quite a young one.'' The woman remarked.

''You've seen people like me?'' Hyouka replied.

''Fortune tellers? Yes. I've seen my fair share,'' she laughed, ''all promising me a happy life with plenty of children. I never grow tired of them I guess.''

She was one of them. Someone that had been unfortunate in love, and was desperate for that sign that her luck would change. Hyouka tried looking for the reason. It did not lie in her appearance. The woman was slender and looked about twenty-six, with high cheekbones and soft hands. They looked like the hands of someone who could afford the luxury of drinking tea inside extravagantly decorated chambers. An arranged marriage perhaps?

''So? What's in my future?'' The woman interrupted. Hyouka realised that she had been staring in the distance for quite some time. Trying to figure out people's life story was not part of her job description. She had to focus.

''What's your name?''

''Sumire''

''Well, Sumire,'' Hyouka whispered, ''according to the spirits...''

Mood: sad
Condition: healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

EXP : 2700
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Murderess
Nation: Fire Nation

Hyouka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyouka   Hyouka EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm sorry to say this, your character is beautiful, but placing the power to see the future in someone's hands is just far too OP and risky. Therefore, you are rejected.

Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Hyouka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyouka   Hyouka EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

This character is interesting, and has the potential to be...accepted.

That being said, rework your characters abilities -

Perhaps you could make it so that Hyouka has brief visions that often times have her faint or blank out. These visions could be a glimpse of the future or could be often times irrelevant, sort of like Alice Cullen from Twilight (yes I saw the movies).

Well unfortunately rejected for now, until you can either change or rework your character.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Hyouka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyouka   Hyouka EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Rejected for the reasons seen above.

Until further notice, will be moved into rejected characters. Sorry, Hyouka! I know it'd be too much to ask you change your character so drastically as advised. Please try to make another character, perhaps. We never -want- to reject applications, but some simply do not fit well into the site.

Once again, I'm sorry, please try some other time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hyouka Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyouka   Hyouka Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyouka
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Rejected Characters-
Jump to: