The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hanging Fortress

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Chief Strategist, FN
Nation: Fire Nation

The Hanging Fortress Empty
PostSubject: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:32 am

The threat of the Fire Nation invasion had become less immediate and Gen was able to turn his attention back to other matters. Namely, the fortification of the southernmost structures against aerial bombardment. When the Fire Nation forces had come upon them with such swiftness, they hadn't had time to finalize their fortifications. He'd been forced to order that area of the temple to be abandoned. Now that they had some time to breath, he was going to make the most of it.

"Good!" he called out to the team of Air Nomads assisting with the fortifications. "Very good! Be careful with that block! If it falls it'll crush someone."

The monks nodded at his directions, but they seemed to have things well in hand. Or so he thought. As he turned to head for one of the other buildings, meaning to speak with one of the master airbenders about possibly getting more stone blocks flown over from the central temple, there was a loud crashing noise. The block they had been raising into place to fill a gap in the wall left by some long-forgotten battle had been knocked from the airbenders' control by a low overhang nobody had taken notice of.

Instantly, Gen began shifting his weight from foot to foot, making great scooping motions with his arms as sparks began to shoot from his fingers. With an almighty crack of thunder, he sent an immensely powerful bolt across the room. It intercepted the stone and pulverized it into little more than gravel. Had it fallen just a bit further, two men would be dead right now.

He shook his head. Suddenly a voice spoke up behind him.

"Ah," he said. "There you are."
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:03 am

Sister Aamatsu

The Air Council Sister had only just entered the room when the boulder was eviscerated, sent to the ground as dust and gravel, saving the lives of two fortunate benders. It had been quite the years with the renegade soldier here. His outside perspective had been one she'd often valued. It was also quite invaluable to have a fellow military mind about when she needed it.

"Still saving Nomad lives, and earning your keep, my good friend," she stated, more so an observation than a question of any sort. "Convincing the council to take you in was arguably one of my best decisions." She relayed a quick grin at him, her aged face taking the expression quite well for one just entering development of minor wrinkles.

It had been true, that it was her decision that pivoted the Council's decision to accept the treacherous Fire Nation Soldier and the Airbending child that had been with him. The Council man seemed like idiots sometimes, though she knew it was natural for a people so used to annihilation to be mistrusting. She could differ well between extreme and minor risks, though. Asides, Zhou had proven to be far more helpful an asset than any sort of threat he could manage by now. And proved a loyal and trusted friend, too.

"I heard you might need help, so I decided to give a bit of a visit," she stated, patting her comrade on the shoulder, her armored glove clanking as she did so. She rarely bothered to bow, despite such being the more traditional greeting of the Nomad.

Mood:Solemn.
Condition:Pristine.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:21 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi had followed Aamatsu to this point mostly out of curiosity, and because she had heard a smashing noise. she discovered after the fact what it had been. that old firebender had blasted a rock to pieces, presumably either to save someone's hide, or to get it out of the way.

she jumped from her perch and landed next to her superior, twirling her glider-staff to slow her fall.
"Hello, friend," she nodded respectfully towards the man. she felt like she should know his name, but did not. she turned to Aamatsu. "and hello as well, sister." she gave a similar respectful nod. "I do hope you don't mind my presence here, aye? I noticed the commotion and figured there was a way I could help. May I ask what is happening here?"
Mood: Content
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:36 pm

"It seems we're having more trouble with the fortifications than we thought." Gen said, nodding to the two of them. "These people just aren't working with stone on this level. And the worst part is that even if we get this fortress reinforced in time, it'll likely be in tatters again by the end of a good day's battle."

He walked outside and turned, heading across a narrow bridge toward the main temple. His two friends were in pursuit.

"There's only so much we can do with what we have." he said, climbing the stairs up to the bridge. "What we really need is a few earthbenders. A waterbender or two wouldn't go amiss either. We need bending more physically substantial than wind or fire to do these sorts of jobs."

He had spent an entire career doing the impossible with all the wrong resources. It was his entire purpose when he served the Fire Lord. However, this was no simple mission into the Earth Kingdom. Defending a fortress designed for aesthetic brilliance and it's exposure to vast expanses of open air from the Fire Nation was something entirely different. If they were going to win, they had to secure the temple's weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Aamatsu
Staff Admin
Aamatsu

EXP : 75
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Western Air Council Sister
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

Sister Aamatsu

The Council Sister greeted Xilingshi likewise, "Sister Xilingshi. Your presence is not minded in the least. There was merely a minor accident. No casualties, nor damage, thanks to Zhou here," she stated, looking back to her old friend as he stated the situation at hand. Aamatsu listened intently, closing her eyes a moment to think on their conundrum. The answers were easy enough, but she was beginning to think putting out so many messengers would thin the already small numbers of Air Nomads. An idea struck Aamatsu.

"I'll have our sister here send messengers to the earth villages across the channel, and to the new Northern Chief. I'd hate to have our benders spread so thin, but we must for now. And I have a plan to discuss with the two of you in the war room. Xilingshi. Get on sending those messengers and meet us there," she'd say as the trio walked across the bridge into an adjacent inverted pagoda.

Mood:Furious, but keeping her cool.
Condition:Pristine.

[Sorry if it's kinda dull. Needed to post something, at least this way we can hopefully get a bit of planning down on site. ^^;]
Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:45 am

Gen nodded as Aamatsu explained her plans.

"It should help." he said. "However, this threat of ours is close at hand. We need word to travel swiftly. Your people travel as the wind. We need gales if we are to weather this storm. Ultimately, your people are more valuable to us as messengers right now than as warriors. If we cannot bring aid from elsewhere, we have no chance against the Fire Nation. The Tekina-Kaze are skilled and powerful and I have no doubt that they will visit upon the Fire Nation far greater casualties than similar numbers from the latter would visit upon us, but they are still limited in their numbers. We need armies."

He continued across the bridge as he spoke, keeping a pace with Aamatsu.

"Tell me." he continued, holding his arms behind his back. "What do we know of this Chieftain from the North? Is he of mind with Xaal Osiris or does he stand apart? Can we count on his aid?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hanging Fortress   The Hanging Fortress Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hanging Fortress
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Air Temples :: Western Air Temple-
Jump to: