The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Osiris Laws

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Xaal Osiris

Three weeks prior, Chief Xaal had ordered for all citizens of the Northern Tribe to gather at the fair grounds on this day. This command had been issued concerning new laws.

As the enourmous crowd grew quieter, Chief Xaal had appraoched the podium. He positioned a few pieces of parchment that were pre-placed on the podium and then started talking. He spoke loud and clear, as the elders would want to hear as well.

"It has come to my attention that our city has grown in criminal activities. The previous chief tried to bring us fortune, but could not accomplish his goal. I will accomplish this goal. I will make us the most fortunate and most powerful of all the four great nations. Now, pay respect to me as I read the newest additions to our policies. We have added a new section to our code, section X-4. Now I will read as proposed:

Section X-4, the Osiris Laws.

1. Any opposition to the Northern Chief or the Government of the Northern Tribe from a tribal citizen will result in cruel punishment. Any opposition to the previous from a non-citizen will result in imprisonment or expulsion to the frozen seas.

2. Thievery and Harrassment will result in beating and or imprisonment.

3. Non-benders and non-citizens must be indoors before 7 o'clock pm. Failure to do so will result in fines and/or item confiscation.

4. All citizens will pay monthly taxes equal to 15% their monthly income. Failure to do so will result in imprisonment.

I have issued these laws for the sake of our people. There will be no questioning the power of the Water Tribe. Thank you."

Mood: Powerful and Worried
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Socialite, Table of Lo leader, moderately powerful bender
Nation: Water Tribes

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Among the crowd of curious civilians a small group of the Table of Lo watch the chief as he declares his new law, the real Kataroka still acting as a guard to the Table takes into account the reaction of the crowd and how this may aid his cause. He notices as many non-bending civilians appear frightened and shocked by these rules. He looks up to the Chief, their eyes meet for a long moment. Kataroka feel as though the Chief's corruption may be easier than anticipated. And smiles.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera had been drawn back to the Northern Water Tribe after hearing that they had replaced the Tribal Chief that had so suddenly "disappeared" shortly before her own departure. She figured it was only proper in her Water Tribe pride for her to attend the coronation of another

New laws were being laid down. Zulera took interest in this simply because she saw it as a challenge. Water Tribe or not, she was not about to be bound down by anyone, especially someone who technically had no control over her.

"what I want to know... she mused, "is how he will enforce these laws. He cannot be everywhere at once."
she had a few ideas of how it could be done, as it certainly was not impossible. However, she remained calm, cool, and collected, and said nothing nor did anything that could have given her identity away. With her dark skin, blue clothing, and brown hair, she blended in with the other waterbenders perfectly. If they didn't notice her, she would wait till it was over, and move on. If they did... well, things might just get fun.
Mood: Challenging
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm

As the vast crowd began to exit the courtyard where the announcement was made, Kataroka sided by his poser began to speak of possible first moves, they had the support of nearly all power hungry men and woman in the nation but that was not enough. They needed military support, and just minor dirty police officers were not enough, though they had paid enough to get away with anything from theft to murder they needed to take a huge step to control. Perhaps temporarily offering their services to the Chief would be wise to game trust. Much was discussed in the few moments they had. But all must be planned as not even the Table of Lo knew the true identity of the ring leader.

"Go." Kataroka assigned to his poser. The fake Kataroka walked further upwards to the palace where the chief stood. But he was stopped by royal guards, two of which were alliances to the table.
"May I have a word with chief?" The poser asked to an uncorrupted guard.
"His majesty does not speak with commoners." The guard replied.
"I insist. Will his majesty speak with me ?" The poser asked. Kataroka, taking the name Koh stood right behind him. "I have a great offer to make ..."
Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Xaal Osiris

"I have a great offer to make ..." said a suspected stranger as Chief Xaal was walking away from the podium. Chief Xaal took great interest in this curious man and so, without hesitation, Chief Xaal appraoched the mysterious man and spoke, "Welcome, my friend! Nice to meet you, I am Chief Xaal. I overheard your..eh...offer.. I am greatly interested. Will you follow me to my quarters?"

As the master waterbender, and also the chief, waited for a reply he inspected the man. Suspecting this man of great mischief. The Chief started to walk away before giving the man time to reply and motioned for the stranger to follow him.

Mood: Powerful

Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Water Tribe Guard

A tribal guard with a hidden face and a spear had approached the lady standing in the crowd. She seemed to be normal and very well...blended in. The guard spoke with the lady saying "Maam. I am going to have to ask you to follow me."

Mood: Brave

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

How interesting. it seemed that someone had weeded her out for some reason. Zulera's interest piqued, but she gave none of her emotions away.

"Oh?" she exclaimed, "and why is that?"
She did not show any signs of putting up any type of resistance, so she was willing to follow the soldier and ask questions as she walked. "have I done something wrong, perchance, by standing in that crowd?"
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Water Tribe Guard

As they made their way through the large crowd, the woman spoke "have I done something wrong, perchance, by standing in that crowd?". The guard was simply annoyed by this question, as it was policy that the guard could not answer any questions that she had. He told her "Save your questions".

They continued to make it through the crowd and finally reached a large icy door. The guard bended the ice away (as water) and they made their way through until they arrived at a door. "You may enter when you are ready, maam. Have a seat if nobody is in there.

Mood: Brave

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 pm

((The fake Katoraka will be written in red, he is posing and a puppet to the real Katoraka who is posing as a trusted guard. the real katoraka will be under the name Koh))

"My great lord the chief, I am Katoraka, and this is my humble servant guard Koh, I am truly in awe to your glory my lord, I can tell on behave of my organisation that you will be of sure greatness." The poser smiles blissfully. "Now to my offer, I am man of great power my lord, this I assure, I am no mere peasant and have not come to bide your time with foolish promises. I adore your law. And I believe in it. But you are not far enough, watching over the none gifted is not enough, we must surveillance them and try to covert them to the spiritual greatness known as bending. They are sick. They have disabilities. We have to babysit the none benders to ensure that they are well taken care of and suitable to live in our nation. I have an organisation known of The Table Of Lo, with the exchange of your graces trust and support I will assign them to up keep the law and bender purity."
Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Xaal Osiris

"Now to my offer, I am man of great power my lord, this I assure, I am no mere peasant and have not come to bide your time with foolish promises. I adore your law. And I believe in it. But you are not far enough, watching over the none gifted is not enough, we must surveillance them and try to covert them to the spiritual greatness known as bending. They are sick. They have disabilities. We have to babysit the none benders to ensure that they are well taken care of and suitable to live in our nation. I have an organisation known of The Table Of Lo, with the exchange of your graces trust and support I will assign them to up keep the law and bender purity."

The stranger spoke convincingly. But not enough for Xaal. Perhaps if Xaal had any clue who this stranger was, it may have traveled further into Xaal's mind. Xaal had not been sure of this strangness. He was wanting to give this man the ability to carry out his offer, but were there any risk? Was this man planning anything? Xaal would have to decide for himself......

Xaal though it over for a moment, the worst thing that could happen would be a Usurp. However, the Fire Nation would be contacted before that could happen...and Xaal would be forced to die in battle if necesarry. However, Xaal had not planned for this to get any further than him removing the Table from the chain. Xaal had made his decision.

"Katoraka, or whatever your name may be...I am giving you authority to place up to 50 of you members around my city. Any mischief will put an end to your Table. Your people have only the ability to enforce my laws. Failure to do so, or any aw breaking themselves will result in YOUR punishment.." he looked at Koh (who was actually not Koh)..."And you. You are one of my guards. Follow me to my quarters. I have an important meeting with someone special"

Mood: Suspicious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"fine then." she frowned.
when they got to the door, Zulera felt no need to wait, as she was ready whenever the clowns on the other side were. she stood up, crkced her knuckles, and pushed the doors open, waiting to see who was inside--and what they wanted.
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm

((Xaal that was aaamazing :p))

Koh and Poser Katoraka looked at each other with unsure eyes, they were not this prepared, and Koh would now have to leave the side of the Table, possibly now only using it as a back up, but Koh was cunning. "My master, the chief his grace has asked me to join him. Am I free of your service?" Poser Katoraka was unsure what to answer, but assumed based on the expression on Koh's face that he would have to actually take control of the Table. "Yes Ka- eh- My servant, you are free, and my lord chief, there is no greater honor to serve you." A great uncertainty lies ahead. Koh is know separated from his men, but is now much closer to the chief than ever imagined. He knew that this would not be easy. Koh's greatest error was that he sometimes failed to read people, well now everything was real, he was moving ahead with his plans to forge a common ground empire with no chiefs and authority, just people. But he would have to use the prejudice towards non-benders to grow even closer to the chief. As he walked towards the chief's side he thought for a moment of his dead father, though Koh was mature he was still only 19, a young man who was confused, and for the first time he was second guessing his plan. He thought for a moment the posibility of telling the Chief at some point of his intentions. Would he join him? Or would he have to quietly corrupt him similer to the Di Li to the now past Earth King? Either way he was sure that it was too far in to back out.
As he stood by the Chief's side he realized that the Chief's age was younger than expected, he could use this to his benefit, but a strange parental authority was in him, this too he could use, to please the Chiefs fatherly being Koh stripped his expression of all power and seemed a mere boy lost and fearfull. "My Ch-Chief the Lord- Uh- Sorry- The lord my chief. I have no where to stay if not with my master. As you have taken me in as your servent guard, am I to live with you aswell?"
Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Xaal Osiris

As the two walked down the hallways, the young guard spoke, "My Ch-Chief the Lord- Uh- Sorry- The lord my chief. I have no where to stay if not with my master. As you have taken me in as your servent guard, am I to live with you aswell?".

The Chief was quite annoyed by this question, apparently the boy needed to be sent back to training. However the Chief had more important matters to worry about than to demote lowly guards. "Don't be silly boy. You are to live at your current residence. This is a one time thing, for you are lucky to have been assigned to guard a place near me."

They went further down the hall to see a young woman push through his office doors. He strode past her into his office. He stepped upon his desk, trampling all his paperwork, and jumped into his chair. He slouched back and pressed together his fingertips, then set his legs up on the desk. He spoke.

"Welcome Zulera. Just the woman I wanted to see...Zulera, don't be nervous around me, we both know what you did. I know what you did, though I will not mention it infront of this boy. The previous chief, as he passed I took power, thank you Zulera...anyways, I need you. I need you for my "assistant". I can pay heavy prices, as I just increased the taxes. INfact, I already have a mission for you...What do you say?"

Mood: Lika Boss

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

(( Now that he's alone I'm re-addressing him as his real name , Katoraka ))

Katoraka stood in absolute awe, he knew he would have to take the defensive and use as little demonstration of his ability as possible to ensure the chief saw him as a casualty, though the chief overlooked his title as slave he would have to further reinforce his powerlessness to gain the Chief's pity. To demonstrate a fake fear he took a step backwards, and two steps ahead to show his again fake loyalty. "My past master would mainly make me cook and clean but he trained me to fight and I will loose my life for you my great chief!" He ignored that Xaal knew this woman- this would add to the Chief's impression that Katoraka's was immature and quick to act.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Welcome Zulera. Just the woman I wanted to see...Zulera, don't be nervous around me, we both know what you did. I know what you did, though I will not mention it infront of this boy. The previous chief, as he passed I took power, thank you Zulera...anyways, I need you. I need you for my "assistant". I can pay heavy prices, as I just increased the taxes. INfact, I already have a mission for you...What do you say?"

Zulera chuckled. "I am hardly what one would call nervous," she chortled, "although I am interested... what have I done that we both know I have done? or perhaps I should ask... how do you know it was done by me?"

She was interested to know of what evidence she had left behind for whatever crime she had committed--so she could do better next time.

"so tell me more," she cooed, "more about this offer anyways. What am I to do...and how should I go about doing it? Details on payments and instructions and the likes would be nice. I like details. They make the avatar a happy girl."
Mood: Amused
Link:

Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Xaal Osiris

He had seen the naive boy acting foolish. The Chief was getting annoyed by this. "Whatever kid. You may sleep in the room down the hallway.

"more about this offer anyways. What am I to do...and how should I go about doing it? Details on payments and instructions and the likes would be nice. I like details. They make the avatar a happy girl."

After hearing this statement by Zulera. He had realized that she was very amused with his job. He figured he would be able to manipulate this to his will, as he did not expect her to be so easy to talk to.

He removed a small pouch from his desk and held it up. "Do you know whats in this bag?". He undid the string and dumped it out onto the desk. It was a piece of paper. The paper had the symbols of the four nations on it. On each nation's symbol, there was a red check mark, and over all the checkmarks read the word "Zul--a".

"You see, Zulera, the last person who touched this paper was the Chief. Not me, the previous chief. You see, my specialist have discovered that before he died, he had written on this painting with his blood. He had check the four nations, symbolizing the Avatar. And, though you cannot read some letters, he has spelled the word Zulera. Thats you isnt it?"

"As for your job, Zulera. I have recently heard of a group known as the Table of Lo. They have placed 50 members around my city to enforce my laws. I want you to find out who they are, get to the bottom of this.". He had noticed the boy was still there, "Boy, you speak anything of this...and it will cost your life.". He turned back to Zulera and dropped a large leather sack onto the desk. THe sack fell open and golden coins went everywhere.

Mood: Geh?

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"You see, Zulera, the last person who touched this paper was the Chief. Not me, the previous chief. You see, my specialist have discovered that before he died, he had written on this painting with his blood. He had check the four nations, symbolizing the Avatar. And, though you cannot read some letters, he has spelled the word Zulera. Thats you isnt it?"
"well, as beautiful as I am, and as my name is," she responded almost nonchalantly, "I'm sure that I am not the only Zulera in the world... though I am the Zulera that he hated the most. I... did kind of make it easy, but that's beside the point. I suppose if you know what you and I both think you know, then I guess I should know what will become of it--if anything at all. it almost sounds as if you are pardoning it..."

she paused, and continued to hear him out. "As for your job, Zulera. I have recently heard of a group known as the Table of Lo. They have placed 50 members around my city to enforce my laws. I want you to find out who they are, get to the bottom of this." He turned back to Zulera and dropped a large leather sack onto the desk. the sack fell open and golden coins went everywhere.
Zulera giggled. For such a rough, husky and tough-looking woman, it almost sounded unnatural to hear such a giggle escape her mouth.
"now you're speaking my language." she replied, "what else can you tell me about them? where should I look, how should I approach them? I'm sure I can run into one of them eventually, but it's a matter of efficiency and convenience, and if I can get to them quicker, I can obviously return the news to you just as swiftly."
Mood: Amused
Link:

Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Xaal Osiris

Xaal heard Zulera's remark about other Zuleras in the world. "Yes. I know. However you are the only one recognized as the avatar, thought not acknowledged by my nation.

"what else can you tell me about them? where should I look, how should I approach them? I'm sure I can run into one of them eventually, but it's a matter of efficiency and convenience, and if I can get to them quicker, I can obviously return the news to you just as swiftly."

You will look wherever you decide. I have no knowledge of their stations and posts. However, you will most likely find them by doing something illegal, and then following them after you have faced the concequences.. Of course I won't take action upon you. And just find out what you can. I don't trust these people.". Xaal looked over at Koh "Boy. Don't think I am going to believe anything you say. Filthy knave."

Mood: Meniacle?

Back to top Go down
Katoraka
Katoraka

Character Description

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Kato found himself with the growing urge to slit the chief's throat in his sleep, how could a man so stupid be elected as chief? Corruption would probably not work- the chief wasn't smart enough for that, he would have to act more brutally to take the government, (murder not being an option) he would need numbers - numbers would be it, Kato didnt want to have to act in such a way but it appeared that would have to be it, he would have to speak with his poser on stretching their ranks while also keeping a low profile. Kato could assume that already with each "arrest" a deal would be made to join the table.

Kato knew that his plans would work differently than anticipated- but they will still work. And as a personal slave to the Chief he may get much more Intel on the inside.

"My lord." Kato speak in whisper. "My loyalties are only to you.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Osiris Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Osiris Laws   The Osiris Laws Empty

Back to top Go down

The Osiris Laws
Page 1 of 1