The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maelin Hamachi

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Full Name: Maelin Hamachi
Element: Earth
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
Position: Existing

Personality: Like most, Maelin is a person of contradiction. Maelin is a grounded person, not prone to flights of fancy. She is logical and calculating, and does not allow her mind to stray from the present. She has been groomed, conditioned, whether by herself or others, and finds compulsive traits to be her strongest and most powerful. While at times her ambition can seep through the cracks of the mask she has created for herself, she is predominantly calm. She is caring and hospitable, courteous and kind. The mask is a perfect facade, and while she believes, truly believes, that kindness and patience are virtues, at her core is a boiling frustration, escaping in moments of tension.
She is not stubborn in comparison to some, but firm. She trusts others in all areas but intellect, and for all her virtues, has an open superiority complex.
In her mind, she is flawed. In her mind, she sees herself as mostly compassionate, mostly kind, mostly compassionate, mostly honest. She does not claim perfection, even if she does strive for it. In reality, she is prone to dishonesty. She is naive, and self-deceiving. Her inability to use earthbending has chipped away slowly at her confidence.
She is a person. Her rules cover her nature.

Abilities: Woefully inadequate at bending, Maelin was required to compensate in any and all ways. Trained with weapons, she is capable of using bladed weapons accurately. She was the most adept using a Naginata, and she has adopted one as a constant companion. She carries a dagger at her side, wrapped on to her belt, and a pouch full of loosely packed dirt. Despite her failure at higher-level bending, she has skill enough to throw dirt on the ground and stomp, creating a concealing dust storm. She can use improvised weapons
Her mental abilities are, in her consideration, her greatest weapon. She was taught the art of charm, and of diplomacy, and uses her wiles as she needs them. Her mind is quick, easily developing complicated plans as she needs them.

Appearance: Despite, or perhaps because of her age, Maelin is an elegant woman. She has shoulder-length brown hair that has been lightened by exposure to the sun. It is curly, although often knotted and tangled. Her appearance is one of haphazard dignity. As an Earth Kingdom citizen, she wears mostly greens, browns, and golds. She does, however, have a few garments of different colors, most notably, her prized Fire Nation sash. For the most part, she can be seen wearing a pair of tight-fitted brown pants and a loose, dark green, over-dress. There are slits to her thighs, and long, loose sleeves. She wears a sash around her waist, and a belt over her hips. Unlike most who are capable of earthbending, she consistently wears a pair of shoes. They are short boots, well-worn and mud stained. Her clothes are of good quality, even if she has a paltry collection.

History: Born in a village outside of Ba Sing Se, Maelin was conditioned by her parents to be ambitious and determined. Although not particularly talented in the bending arts, it was apparent to onlookers that her mind was quick and sharp. She became predatory, a mind to be reckoned with, a force of nature quickly accomplishing her agenda.
It was when she became a very old big sister that Maelin found her obstacle. It was no secret that her sister was a mistake, but Amaryllis was loved no less. Thrown back into poverty from the strain of raising an unexpected child, Maelin was forced to sacrifice

Sample RP:
The ground was soft. A layer of silt covered the topsoil, and it was warm and moist from the remnants of rain and good weather. A shadow passed over the grass, quietly, slowly, obscuring the plants, reaching their delicate fingers towards the sun.
She looked up, staring at the clouds threatening to sully the day. It had been lovely, warm enough that she could shed her winter furs. The woman stooped over the ground, her fingers tunneling through upturned soil. Deep, she dug, her fingernails irreparably dirtied, until she hit bone-colored root. Caressing it with a long forefinger, she started to punch the ground. The dirt shook slightly, from wanting of skill, shifting loosely. She grimaced, reaching a stained palm to her belt and removing a knife. In lieu of earthbending, she would employ its less subtle friend: cold hard steel.
It sunk in beautifully, to the hilt, and she carved away a chunk of root. The earthy, floral odor filled the air, saturating the area with a sweet, sappy smell. She sat back, unrolling the worn fabric from her elbows, and cradling her treasure. Her hair was matted to her forehead, the gray piercing through the soft brown with a vengeance.

The village was quaint. It was young, relatively so, and the paths were newly worn. Maelin ducked into her tent, established in the crossroads of the town square, and based on the foundation of four upright pieces of wood. The light was yellowing, casting a holy shadow on her belongings. Her cart stood outside, tethered to the ground next to her dozing ostrich-horse.
"Ma'am?" a voice called. She jumped, her hand flying to her throat, bumping against a small table. Her dress sailed as she whirled around to face the master of the sound. A small boy from the village was perched on a chair.
"Anik," she breathed, relieved but terse. "Your permission here does not extend to frightening me."

Character Box:

Maelin Hamachi

POST WILL GO HERE Smile

Mood: Pensive
Condition: Healthy
Link: N/A as of yet

Last edited by tinyartist18 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 am

This seems finished...
Please change the title if so... or I will sadly have to still have to reject it for inactivity...
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Liao wrote:
This seems finished...
Please change the title if so... or I will sadly have to still have to reject it for inactivity...

Sorry, yeah, I've been meaning to come back to her for a while. I'll change her and hopefully she will be able to get right in there.
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:29 am

Two things:
Your username and character's name must be the same, it can simply be changed atyour profile.

Please fill in your character description.
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/u174 (bottom)

After you've done this I will approve it.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:25 pm

I've saved changing my name for when she was approved.

However, and I will change it, I'm sure you've noticed my sporadic involvement on the site. I'd like to save Maelin, perhaps, because I feel that it's not right for me to be on here when my heart isn't in the site. I've got a lot going on right now, and as well-intentioned as joining this site was, I can't add another complication onto my plate. I'm so sorry, and I'll notify you when, if at all, I come back.

You have a great site here, and I'm sorry. But I don't think it's fair to you, and I don't think I could put my best in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maelin Hamachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelin Hamachi   Maelin Hamachi Empty

Back to top Go down

Maelin Hamachi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Rejected Characters-
Jump to: