The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escape [Zevran]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Celaena
Celaena

EXP : 1075

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Celaena Sardothien

Running. Have. To keep. Running. Was all that Celaena thought as blood pounded in her ears and her muscles screamed for her to stop. But she couldn't stop. She had to keep running. They were after her, and only by quick reflexes was she staying away from the arrows that they shot at her.

She had just done what everybody thought impossible, escape from Endovier. Endovier was a salt mine. Or more accurately, a war slave labor camp. No one had lasted a month inside, and she had lasted a year. And then when no one had gone three steps, she had ran the full three hundred meters to the wall.

They were after her, forced to go on foot as Celaena went into thick woods. She couldn't stop. they would kill her if she stopped. She had to keep running.

And then she was falling.

Down a steep hill that suddenly dropped down. She hit the ground and rolled down the rest of the way, cutting and bruising all over. Not like she wasn't already cut and bruised from the abuse in the mines. She rolled to a stop in a small clearing near a large creek. Without looking around, she rushed for what could easily pass as a small river. If she could get across and hide, she might lose them.

Mood: Scared
Condition: Weak and Exhausted
Link:Celaena

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

EXP : 10980
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Water Tribes

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:01 am

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran rather enjoyed the forests of the world, feeling right at home in the trees, despite his native Water Tribe home. Maybe it was how he felt because of the lack of trees in the South Pole. Well... there was the Everstorm Forest, but that was just a hazardous series of blizzards up until recently after Avatar Zulera had calmed the storm, and Zevran had not been back to that locale in years. It was far enough outside of the cities that he didn't bother.

But out here in the wilderness... well, he found peace of an oddly spiritual variety, which he quite enjoyed. The serenity remained with him for quite some time, until he heard a commotion. He was tucked away in a little valley formed by two steep hills, and so it was kind of an out-of-sight, out-of-mind sort of thing.
Well... naturally he was a bit surprised when a young girl came barrelling down the hill and took off right past him towards the nearby river. He could tell she had seen better days, but even through all that... well, she wasn't too hard on the eyes. He had met enough women in his life to know when one cleaned up nicely.

Whatever the case, as he got up to pursue her, he heard commotion from behind her. So... some schmucks thought they could harass or have their way with this poor girl? Zevran thought not. Whipping out his trusty daggers, he waited in fairly plain sight, hoping to ambush whoever was coming for the girl, who, hopefully did not run too far from here. Zevran would make sure that none of them reached her, but he could only do that if she stayed fairly close.
"Time for a little bloodletting, I see..." he smirked. He was ready, and they were going to pay--whoever they were.
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Perfect
Link: Zevran

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Celaena Sardothien

Fire Nation soldiers with strange uniforms and armor rushed down the hill, carrying spears and bows and swords, fixed on the girl. Some saw the man standing with his blades out, but they kept running after the fugitive. They figured that he was probably drawing his blades out in response to the girl who came running, not them.

This fugitive was already half-way across the river, moving slowly but doing her best to get across. Celaena looked over her shoulder as one of the guards lifted his bow and knocked an arrow. She took an audible gasp in panic, and lurched to the side, trying to dodge the arrow.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:09 am

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran wasted no time in diverting their attention. While the girl was fleeing, Zevran was actively attacking them, and so they would need to stop him before he went and killed them off.
The fight was fairly interesting, given the experience of these archers, combined with the masterful techniques of this lone assassin. some headed for the fugitive while some attempted to stop him. the one that thought he could take this lone man down met an early demise, Zevran's sword connecting with his head before his sword could even be properly swung. The rest, knowing that this was no mere joker, knew that he would have to be handled with caution, but also knew that their quarry couldn't escape.

The archer was the biggest threat, and so as he focused on firing another arrow at the girl, Zevran launched a knife into the back of his neck, dropping him quickly. The remaining two men turned to Zevran with their spears as the swordsman briefly hesitated before turning to the assassin. a failed target was better than losing his life, and it was clear that Zevran intended to kill them.

They were better than the first two that he had managed to surprise with his attacks, and so Zevran resorted to fighting swift and a bit dirty. He was not bound by conventional or "honorable" means of combat--he was an assassin who worked for the highest bidder regardless of morals, and simply did what he could to get the job done. his hands swung his daggers with deadly efficiency, although the men were no pushovers either, causing steel to clink and clank against steel for a bit as Zevran fended off his attackers to prevent being surrounded. it was quite a spectacle. as he feigned a flinch, he pivoted around and plunged his daggers into one of the spearmen's chest, before kicking the swordsman away for a second, to gain enough leverage to dominate the other spearman and take him down. In a one-on-one fight, it was a lot more focused, and he and Zevran went at it for a few more minutes.

Eventually, Zevran found his opening and finished him off with a "TOO SLOW!" and a chuckle. Not that he was a serial murderer or anything or that he enjoyed death... but death happened. When he got paid for it, death happened more.

Once these assailants were gone, he turned to the girl across the river. Sheathing his blades, he glided across the river surface using waterbending to briefly freeze the top. with his swords away, he hoped to send a message that he wasn't trying to chase or hurt her--but he did want to know what was going on.

"You certainly don't seem in the best of shape," he pointed out once he was in hearing rage, stepping calmly towards her, "if it's my place to ask... what was that all about, dare I say?" his voice was calm and suave; he did not seem hostile, despite the way he had just done in his enemies.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:53 am

Celaena Sardothien

Celaena had grabbed the arrow once it flew past her. It was the first sharp thing she had since her escape. She wasn't letting it go. She got to the other side of the river, ignoring the strange clashes of metal on metal. She reached the other side and clambered up the bank, and hid behind a tree. Her eyes widened by the sight she saw across the river. Someone was fighting for her. Someone she didn't even realize was there.

After all the fighting was solved, she watched carefully as he walked across the river, freezing the water under him. She took out the arrow, pointing it at him like a small spear with one hand. "What do you want from me?! Stay back!" She knew she had no chance of fighting this guy off, not with what she had and her weakened state. It was hard just to stand up. Her legs were shaking.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

AS the little girl got defensive, Zevran put his hands up with his palms out, to show that he was not trying to secretly do anything. Well, he could technically still kick up a sly water attack--that was one of his favorite dirty tricks to escape captors, but he was not about to beat up an already beat-up, dirty little starving girl.

"I want nothing," he replied to her concern, a light smile appearing on her face, "other than to make sure you're alright. I do not know the entire story behind who those men were or what they wanted from you, but I don't imagine there was much to gain from someone in such a saddening condition. Are you okay? I would not feel right about just leaving you here, but perhaps I should clear up your worries before going on."

He was now standing in front of her. "I am Zevran Arianna Takeo; Jack of many trades." he beamed, "healer, assassin, master of lovemaking and witty retorts, and famous for making any lady's dream come true." Sure it made him come off as a braggart, but in truth he was a man who could back up all of these claims.
"I can help mend some of your wounds... or if you would like, I can take you to someone who could." there was a town not too far from here if he recalled correctly--though it made him wonder why she had been coming from the other direction. Most people knew there was nothing out there... but he dismissed that thought.

"the choice, milady... is yours."

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Celaena Sardothien

Celaena stood there, listening to him explain himself and who he was. He seemed like he was on her side. And a fellow assassin like herself. Her legs gave out and she slumped to the ground, dropping the arrow. If he really was one that wooed the ladies, then maybe putting up a feminine approach would be good. Although he already offered to help... Couldn't hurt. "Please, help me. Anybody to heal me would be good." Although she was slightly acting, it was true. She needed a healer before she got even more scars. And a place to rest and eat and build her muscles back up. "I'm... Lilian Gordain. A Jewel Theif." It wasn't like she was just going to spill everything to this guy. He may see the bounty for returning her to Endovier worth more than caring for her.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"well then... can you walk?" assassins were also often thieves, and Zevran was not exactly innocent in this regard. despite his lack of morals in some places... if he had known that she was an escaped slave, he might have actually wanted to protect her more, because he frankly despised that sort of notion. But, he was no mind reader and so he was just going to have to go with what he DID know.

"can you walk okay?" he had a feeling she could not given that her knees had been shaky and had just buckled. "if you are okay with a man performing the actions, I can probably help patch you up at least a little." some women obviously were a bit aversive to a man's hands on them, and so he asked. After all, she *had* been running from several strong, armed men before this. As much as he loved women, Zevran knew to watch his boundaries, which was part of why he had a dreamy reputation, instead of a creepy, perverted one.

"so... what say you?"

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Celaena Sardothien

"I don't think I can walk at all. And I don't care who heals me." She looked up at Zevran with a sort of puppy eyes. If he tried anything, she would claw his face off.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"Alright then... let's get you laid down. this will not take too long... hopefully." he was not sure the true magnitude of her injuries, but he did honestly want to help. He slowly began looking over her body and under her clothes to check for injuries, and he did notice some. She did not seem to be very reactive at this point, clearly showing a lack of strength or energy.

"I'm just going to help clean these injuries..." he removed her outer clothing, and true to his word, he got to work on a professional level, using his waterbending to clean out the rather filthy wounds. He was frankly surprised that none of them had gotten infected yet--or maybe they had, but if so, he did not see any symptoms just yet.

He'd work at her body for severeal minutes--almost an hour, in fact, as long as she did not object. On the other hand, her wounds would sting less, and would be much cleaaner. He was not a walking hospital or anything by any means, but he at least had the supplies and abilities to clean her up a bit. After that, he handed her ragged clothing back to the younger girl with a gentle smile and asked, "how are you feeling?"

If she was feeling well enough, he would help her get back to the nearest town (and proper hospital) and probably be on his way, unless she wanted something else from him--but apart from healing, he couldn't think of anything else that would need done right now.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Celaena Sardothien

She complied easily, taking her clothes off and laying down. If he truly was a wooer of women, then he had seen breasts before, and she wasn't wearing a bra. She was too weak to care, and her breasts weren't really anything to speak of with her malnourished state. They were practically gone, to her misfortune. She did everything he asked, from roll over to move her arm or whatever. Everything started to hurt less and less as he healed and cleaned her up. She gladly took her clothes back, no matter how dirty they were.

"I'm feeling better, thank you. But My legs... I ran so far, and for so long, I think I may have used them all up.." She was pretty sure she wouldn't walk ever again, from the pain in her calf's and thighs.

Mood: Calmed Down
Condition: Weak but healed

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

Zevran had in fact seen breasts before, both those of the really voluptuous women, and the opposite, (as well, of course, as anything in between), and so it did not in fact bother him at all. He continued his work, making sure that nowhere got missed or ignored, and soon she was at least free of potentially infectious wounds.

When she addressed her legs, however, Zevran's ears perked again. "if you wanted I could help massage them, or if you were wishing to move out to a safer locale, I could probably carry you fairly easily." he did not mean that to be offensive; just that she was as skinny as a rail and therefore was assumed to be considerably light. The choice was hers. Zevran was being a gentleman here, caring about Lilian's health, hoping for little more in return than perhaps a smile and a sense of gratitude.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:36 am

Celaena Sardothien

Celaena looked around and at the bodies on the opposite shore. "Take me away. There are sure to be more men coming soon. And we need to leave. They'll find the bodies and assume I came this way." It was logical for them to think that, and they were not the only men coming after her. If her guess was correct, and entire legion would be after her. Nobody escaped Endovier and lived. "Please."

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:04 am

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"No worries then," Zevran nodded after hearing the story, "Zevran is uncatchable, and so you are safe with me!" he hoisted her onto his back, putting her arms around his shoulders and gripping her knees over his elbows, before taking off in a steady run. some of his soft, dirty-blond hair might flutter in her face as he ran, but he was graceful in his movements and swift on his feet, putting rather considerable distance between them and the massacre.

"only a few minutes till we reach town. would you like me to find you shelter there, or do you think you can handle it?" Zevran's kindness and generosity were some of the reasons a lot of people would not be willing to turn the man in, even if he was wanted by some major organizations (and criminal organizations) for a pretty decent sum. Those that *did* try to turn him in often ended up dead or grasping at empty air. Zevran was elusive when he wanted to be too.

Depending on her decision, he would either try to find refuge in this town, or see if he could hitch a ride out of town quicker--whichever was more convenient.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Celaena Sardothien

She didn't object to being lifted onto his back, or that his hair whipped up into her face. They were going fast, but she could tell that he was strong enough to carry her this fast. When it came to the decision of being left in town alone or staying with him... it was easy.

"I don't... exactly have many friends out there. More enemies than friends by a long shot. Do you mind staying with me?" It was quite a lot she was asking of him, she realized. But he had already gotten involved when he killed for her.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"mm." Zevran nodded as she spoke, "I think I could--at least for a while. What do I owe this favor to?" Yup. it seemed that Zevran thought being able to stay with a pretty lady was a favor by itself.

Zevran did seem to have connections, and got them a room without much other incident. sure this girl didn't look like much right now, but Zev knew a looker when he saw one, and if she could get a better life without falling back into whatever practices had put her in this state, she could probably become rather alluring.
And so, such was Zevran--a friend to most women; enemy to the corrupt. He did not mention that he too had a lot of enemies, but he knew that he could fend most of them off, if needs be.

Once they were settled in the room (which had two single beds, mind you) Zevran turned to her again.
"So if you do not have many friends out this way... what were you doing out this way, if it's not out of place for me to ask?" he was just curious, and his tone showed this. He just wanted to get to better know the girl he had just 'saved', apparently.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Celaena Sardothien

"You want to know why I'm sticking with you?" She asked. "Well, it's because you're the only person who hasn't tried to kill me yet after getting out of that place..." She stayed silent the rest of the way, and didn't speak again until they were in the room and she was laying down, resting her legs and arms. "I didn't mean to come out this way, it was just a straight line that I took after getting across that wall. I don't even know where in the Fire Nation we are."

Mood: Tired
Condition: Resting

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"well. I certainly don't know why I would want to kill you," Zevran chuckled, "or do much other harm apart from maybe get you a good bite to eat."
he rested on his own bed, glancing over at her.
"but where are you going now then?" Obviously they couldn't just stay there forever, but he wouldn't mind the company for a few extra days if that was what it took. He just wanted to know at least a basic idea of what this young woman's intentions were, so that he could plan accordingly. Besides... he would probably try to keep in touch, if that was the case...

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Celaena Sardothien

"A good bite to eat sounds amazing. A bite to eat in general sounds amazing, never mind the 'good' part." I take a deep breath, not remembering the taste of something other than hard bread.

"And, I have a place. In a warehouse in the Fire Fountain City. If we can get there within the next day or so, I should be safe. Being here isn't very safe either. They'll suspect I came to the nearby town."

I looked to Zevran. "You, probably want an explanation for all of this, don't you? Why I'm so skinny, and weak, and running from strange soldiers."

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"mm. I think I could arrange that." Zevran began racking his mind for good places to eat that were not overly expensive. Not that he was a cheapskate, but he usually reserved fine-dining for his dates--and something told him that this girl would not be too picky in her current state.

"hmm... lead the way and I can get you there... tomorrow, anyways. I think we've done enough adventuring for the day, yes?" something told him that there was far more going on that he had not seen, but he would not prod. he usually let his friends and acquaintances tell him what they wanted about themselves. It was another reason he was so amiable.

At her question... well, he wouldn't turn down that offer.
"aye.. that might be nice. Mostly just so I know who I am helping or something. I would hate to be helping some super-criminal that is secretly plotting to kill me or something!" he was clearly joking considering his laugh, and didn't think that she was someone notable. Well... maybe she was, but he was pretty sure that the men chasing her had not exactly been trying to get her home to her parents or something.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Celaena Sardothien

"Yeah, enough adventuring..." She probably would have trouble walking the next day, considering how much they hurt before and now.

"Well, I'm an assassin, for starters. And I can tell by the way you handle yourself you could be called the same, or close to it anyway." She had seen him, how he moved, where he positioned himself, how he swung his weapons, it was similar to how she would have fought.

"I was caught trying to kill a man, a high up noble which I have personal history with. He sent me to Endovier, a slave labor camp that mines salt." She shuddered at the memories just saying that name brought up, especially since it hadn't even been twenty four hours since her escape. "Nobody has survived that place more than a month. I've been in for a year..." She trailed off, staring blankly at the ceiling.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"That I am." Zevran admitted. He was nothing if not honest. He might not have always told the whole truth right away (he didn't feel the need to tell the ladies at his massage parlor that he was an assassin, for example) but he did not say things about himself that were not true.

As he heard her story, it all suddenly made sense to him. It wasn't like he knew exactly what Endovier was, but he had heard rumors and legends of it. Apparently it was a real place if this girl was to be believed.
"So I take it also that your name is not also Lilian?" he chortled, "mine is in fact what I said it was, in case you were wondering. I don't ask anything I am not willing to also provide." he gave her a simplistic smile. If she didn't want to tell him her real name, that was fine too; he was mostly just curious about this enigmatic woman. the life of an assassin was full of mystery.
maybe after a bit more resting, he would get up and grab them something to eat; for now, he was a little winded as well and so would rather relax.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Celaena Sardothien

"No, it isn't. I just, came up with the cover quickly.." Celaena looked away. She wasn't going to say sorry. It was a logical thing to do in her position. "My name.." She paused. "Is Celaena Sardothien." She looked at him this time, not knowing if he had heard of her or not.

Back to top Go down
Zevran
Awesome Member
Zevran

Character Description

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Zevran Arianna Takeo

"It is fine. I am familiar with the world of aliases, after all. You and I are probably not too different when all is said and done." Not that he was trying to hit on her or anything, per se; but they did have their similarities.
When she stated her name though, he repeated it as if racking his mind for where he had heard it.

"Celaena Sardothien... ah. THE Celaena Sardothien... well... I'm sure that we could spend many interesting hours exchanging stories... perhaps we should do that one of these days..."
He would also still get her that bite to eat that he promised; he was nearly rested up by now.

Back to top Go down
Celaena
Celaena

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:48 am

Celaena Sardothien

"No, we probably aren't. Apart from the obvious differences, of course."

"Ah, you've heard of me? I've heard mention of a Zevran from the grapevine, but never got the chance to meet him. I guess I did. You're quite the character." I complement him. Although what had happened just a few hours ago, she was feeling great just, talking with somebody.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escape [Zevran] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape [Zevran]   Escape [Zevran] Empty

Back to top Go down

Escape [Zevran]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next