The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fleet Descends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelekar
Nelekar

EXP : 2130

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Nelekar

The Fleet Descends 2w20k82

“Land Ahoy!”

The Admiral’s gaze flowed slowly upwards at the words, settling on the crow’s nest from whence it came. A man stood within it, barely visible to Nelekar’s eyes. He looked back down at the sea, walking over to the railing to glance out.

Up ahead, an island was looming. It was huge – far bigger than most of the islands that he had seen during his travels across the seas. He took a few slow steps up to the prow of the ship, gazing at the quickly growing island. A smirk crossed onto his face, and he spun on his heel, turning to face his ship.

”Prepare to anchor. Send out the word to stay close,” he shouted, and several of the sailors below him moved away quickly, several of them running to a strange contraption at the back of the ship. Lights flared from it, travelling backwards as a signal to deliver Nelekar’s message.

Behind the Admiral’s ship, the entire Water Tribe Fleet followed at speed. Hundreds of huge ships cut through the waves with ease, and began to turn inwards slightly as they received the signal. The Chieftain turned back to look at the island, clicking his neck as he did so.

”Zulera City. It’s time we had another chat, Avatar.”

{***}

The flagship pulled up to the harbour smoothly, and one of the sailors threw a heavy anchor overboard, using waterbending to seal it completely in place. The Admiral nodded to him before walking over to where the gangplank was being lowered, just as one of his lieutenants ran up beside him.

“The Fleet is ready in case you need her, Admiral.”

”Good. See that she stays that way,” he said, before walking down the gangplank and onto the harbour, followed by a small contingent of Water Tribe soldiers. As soon as he stood on solid ground, he glanced around.

”I am here to see Avatar Zulera.”

Mood: Ready
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Zulera City had been good to Akhet Sumatra Tallarico and his wife Minali. they had been able to shift the family business down there and make good on the notion of building their dream house exactly how they had envisioned it. There were problems with the city, but not as many as in the other nations--at least not on the outside.

Still, today was somewhat different, considering a commotion coming from the port. Akhet headed up to one of the city's lighthouse towers to get a closer look. Sure the glimmering lights of the city at night were enough for most, but it also helped sailors see where the city lights began versus where the land of the island began. There was, after all, still ample amounts of open land on the outer fringes of the island.

What he saw was rather surprising, and caused him to race back down the tower, hop in his car and drive back to Zulera's Workshop to alert his sister of the news.
The entire Southern Water Tribe fleet (or what seemed like all of it) was coming their way.
Mood: Concerned
Link:Akhet

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825

Character Description
Position: Avatar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Akhet's warning did not fall on deaf ears, and instead, it simply caused Zulera to smirk. "so... Nelekar wants to flex his muscles in front of my city? Fine then. I'll give him a warm, loving welcome. You can come with, unless you'd rather take your car."

Akhet decided to take the car, but that did not stop Zulera from manning "Big Zuzu" as she called her most famous mecha-tank. It stood about 25 feet high, and was a mechanical effigy of herself, even down to the hairs being long brown cords of some sort. Perhaps they helped power this machine somehow?
whatever the case, she arrived on the scene (and how!), before shutting down her machine and hopping out of it.

"Chief Nelekar," Zulera held her arms out as if expecting a hug or something, "what brings you to my fine and glorious city? I certainly hope this is not an attack of any sort... that would be most unfortunate for you, old friend." she chuckled at this to show that the mood was light and that she was not actually accusing him of this, but did want to know what brought him here.
Mood: Happy
Link: Zulera

Last edited by Zulera on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

Nelekar

As the huge mecha-Zulera landed in front of the Chieftain, he took a half-step back. The suit was certainly a sight to behold, but Nelekar let no sign of his doubt cross his face. He rose back to his full height, crossing his arms across his chest as Zulera hopped from the machine.

”I think you know why I am here, Zulera. You have established your own city-state here, far from the machinations and treaties of the other four nations.” His voice was deep and loud, utilising the same tone that he used when he had to make a speech to the military. ”I am here to determine whether or not your actions here are against the world at large, or alongside it – and if we are allies, then treaties must be written. I understand the Fire Nation and Air Nomads have their own ambassadors within the city, and the Earth Queen has given her own support for the project. The only person that seems to be missing from the equation is myself – whether by overlook or intention, this is the case.”

Nelekar took a step forwards, effectively cutting down the distance between himself and the Avatar. ”Do not forget your roots, Avatar Zulera. You of all people should not have overlooked the Water Tribes. Your omission of the Tribe from your city could be seen as some kind of rebellion, but I do not see it as such. Even the Avatar is human, and it must have been a mistake – correct?”

He waved an arm behind him at the assembled fleet, and a scowl crawled onto his face. ”The fleet is here to support the needs of the Tribe, as it has always done. I brought them along as an insurance option, in the unlikely case that you would not be susceptible to writing a treaty and became hostile. But, I am certain it will not come to that, Avatar Zulera.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:12 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera remained calm as she listened. "well, if it is an ambassador you want, then by all means I am sure that it can be arranged. Fire Lord Tarek's actions were voluntary, as were Earth Queen Meili's. This city was founded not to topple the world, but to improve it. We welcome any and all to this fine metropolis--old, young, male, female, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, or Air Nomad. All that is required are the skills and smarts to be able to survive in such a fast-paced environment. Zulera City is as dangerous as the woman who founded it, after all." she chuckled.

"But... let it not be said that I am not a benevolent woman," she continued in her sweet, motherly voice. "what are your demands... terms, conditions... I cannot say that the city will follow them, given the nature of it being run by the people... but I will do my best to accommodate to reason."

it was true that Zulera technically had no real control over the city herself either, other than that people respected her authority as the Avatar. Once she died, she didn't know what would become of her fine metropolis, but she'd worry about that another day. For now, it was time to focus on the man in front of her, and whatever it was that he would request or demand.

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:22 am

Nelekar

”I do not have demands, Avatar Zulera. I am willing to treat your nation as exactly that – a separate entity equal to the other four. However, you know that such a thing cannot exist without certain pacts. And so I extend to you the same agreement I have with the other nations – a pact of friendship and brotherhood, a peaceful treaty and trade rights. That is all I ask, Zulera – all I ask is peace.”

He turned around and clicked his fingers. One of his contingent stepped forwards, handing him a scroll that was tightly bound with a light blue wax, bearing the symbol of the Southern Water Tribe. He spun around once more and handed it to Zulera, nodding. ”Feel free to take as long as you need. You know where to find me,” he said, before turning back to his ship and beginning to walk up the gangplank. He had a date with a large glass of whisky, and didn’t want to be late.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:28 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera gave a soft sigh before chuckling. "Come now, Nelekar, dear... just because 'demands' sounds like such a harsh word does not mean that I think it to be one, or was even implying such. You should know by now that more than anything I am an advocate of reason. I will give any and all requests or otherwise, a fair chance."

"Zulera City is designed to be a peaceful city," she continued, "it has defenses put in place in case someone in the future tries to take it from the people, but otherwise,it is a city of trade and economic prosperity and opportunity--not a battleground or a fortress."
She politely took the scroll, opening it on the spot as her electric blue eyes began darting down through its contents to see what it contained. She figured that when all was said and done this would end in a deal of some sort, and figured that the large Water Tribe population here would be more than happy to do business with their southern kin.

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:39 am

Nelekar

”Take some time, Zulera. When you are ready, come to my quarters – we can talk more privately there.”

He finished walking up the gangplank and stood on the deck, with all of the sailors around him stopping and saluting him. He waved a hand for them to stand at ease and walked to the back of the ship where he entered a door, walking into his quarters.

They were sparsely decorated, but had a few home comforts that Nelekar favoured – old maps and several animal heads hung around the walls, and the sword he had received upon promotion to Captain hung behind his chair. He walked over and sat in it, pulling a bottle of whisky out of one of the drawers at his desk. He also took out a glass and poured himself a healthy measure before sitting back and waiting for the Avatar to come. However long it took, he would wait – his patience was boundless.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:55 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Alright then..." Zulera chuckled. While she was a cool and cunning thinker, she did not often spend too much time hesitating. When the time came, she would act. this time would be no different.

And thus, after ensuring that her large mecha was secured (with a set of keys, no less) she made her way up Nelekar's ship and into his quarters, her bare feet making only light taps against the wood and metal of the vessel. She knocked on the door for politeness' sake, but otherwise, entered.
"I'm here to finish the discussions," she said sweetly, I am not really one much for hesitation."
She was thus ready to begin whenever he was--and maybe share the whiskey?

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:57 am

Nelekar

At the knock on the door, Nelekar couldn’t help but smile. Zulera certainly didn’t wait around. He pulled a second glass out of his drawer and placed it on the desk just as she entered, and motioned for her to take the chair opposite him. Waving his hand, he moved a measure of whisky into the second glass before pushing it towards the Avatar.

”So, what do you wish to discuss? Do you agree with the content of my agreement?”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:31 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera gave him a nod as if to say thank you as she took a swig of the whiskey from her glass. She did like a good strong drink to help her loosen up--even if she knew that she was not about to get tipsy or anything.

"Well... most of what I read seems reasonable..." she began explaining, "although as you probably know, Zulera City functions much differently than any other city or nation of this world, considering that there is no central authority figure. I can act as its representative while I still draw breath, but it is run by the people.
I am sure many, especially the Water Tribe Locals that call Zulera City home would happily provide themselves and their talents to the tribes should they be threatened, but it might be scanter than the proportionate amount of arms and citizenry, simply given the sheer amount of diversity that Zulera City entails--if that makes sense."

"On the other hand..." she smiled, "I'm sure merchants of all walks will be happy to expand their businesses--and as always, I will do what I can to maintain the peace and stability of the city--without forgetting my roots. How does that all sound?"
It wasn't like she was trying to rewrite terms here or anything--she just wanted him to understand that while she had great influence in the city she founded, that she did not have as much control over it as Nelekar did over the Southern Water Tribe--or say, as Tarek did over the Fire Nation of Meili over the Earth Kingdom. As long as that aspect was understood, coming to a deal should not be difficult, Zulera figured.

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Nelekar

The Chieftain reclined in his chair, hands folding across his chest. His finger tapped lightly on his upper arm as the Avatar spoke, and he found himself agreeing to what she said. He hadn’t expected anything more, of course – he had sent several scouts into the city itself only a few days ago to gauge the atmosphere and leadership.

”I find your terms agreeable,” he said, before reaching forwards and taking his glass. After taking a long swig of the amber liquid, he placed it to the side of the desk and then extended his hand for the Avatar to take.

Once she shook it, he gripped his glass once more. ”To the friendship and alliance between our two nations – or nation and city, if it please you,” he said, slight grin on his face. He drained the whisky in one gulp and slammed the glass back onto the table, sighing contentedly as the liquid warmed his insides. He had abstained from alcohol on the journey there in case things had turned hairy, but now that they were resolved he found that his desire to drink was once again returning.

”Since I brought the fleet all the way out here, I am planning to run some training drills just south of here – I hope such an event will not be adverse to you in any way?”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Lovely..." Zulera purred in an almost attractive way, but her voice seemed to always have that sultry tone to it. She naturally shook Nelekar's hand when it was offered, both to seal the agreement and to respect an old friend. She took another swig of the whiskey, finding that she rather enjoyed it. She might not have been a Meili or a Korra, but she could hold her liquor fairly well.

"I suppose that training drills and such things would be tolerable," Zulera indicated, "there is not much land nearby apart from this island though, unless you wish to hit the Fire Nation or Earth Kingdom. As long as whatever you're doing does not rile the people up, I say go right ahead." she smiled.

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 10:37 am

Nelekar

”Oh, we won’t be needing land,” he said, smirking to himself. It was a well-known fact that the Water Tribes commanded the best navy in the world, and Nelekar intended to keep it that way. ”But thank you none the less.”

He transferred more whiskey into his glass and took a sip before starting to speak once more. ”Oh, and I also bought you a gift in recognition of our alliance,” he said, before standing up and walking over to a nearby cabinet. He opened it and withdrew a crate, which he placed on the desk after he walked back there. Grabbing the top of the box, he gave it a yank and pulled off the lid, revealing a selection of bottles within.

”These are the finest bottles of whisky that the Water Tribes have to offer,” he said, glancing admiringly at the bottles. ”Each of them had been aged for over twenty years from the finest ingredients. They are yours now to do with as you will – I would recommend drinking them, but they would be equally good as gifts for any nobles that you may need appease. Everybody enjoys a good whisky, after all.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"well... the good news is that the ocean floor around this area is very stable thanks to a certain someone," Zulera added with a chuckle. When she had risen up Zulera Island out of the ocean, she had used avatar-level earthbending and waterbending to ensure that the tectonics of the place did not result in massive earthquakes striking Zulera City and bringing it to ruin.

Upon receiving the box from Nelekar, Zulera's eyes lit up. "hmm... perhaps I could share them with some very old friends..." she said aloud, "although at least one of them has this supply at his disposal." she winked at him to indicate both how she felt of Nelekar and who she was referring to, "but in all accounts--thank you. You may hear from me again regarding Zulera City soon."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fleet Descends Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fleet Descends   The Fleet Descends Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fleet Descends
Page 1 of 1