The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Air Councilman's Grand Tour

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Air Councilman's Grand Tour Empty
PostSubject: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 am

There is a knock at his door. The room is comfortable, but probably small for him. A bed, a desk two chairs with a small table between them and a large double window. Another, slightly louder knock.

If he opened the door, he'd find Mei Jen on the other side, standing at attention, smiling. "Air Councilman, are you ready?" She is dressed in a sky blue bikini under a sheer linen top tied at her waist, and short dark blue shorts. She holds two towels, neatly folded, in her arms.

Last edited by Mei Jen on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:38 am

Koeten Tarea

Koeten comes to the door with a gourd of Sake in in hand. Pulling at the shorts she had provided. His mature manly cut chest with no robes, no kimono looked awfully.. bare and odd to him. He picked up his pink kimono and put it on his shoulders slipping his hat on and grabbing his staff. He would leave 90% of his normal robes behind as well as his swords as he answers the door and takes all of his will to keep his jaw from dropping. He feels himself blush, which is a new thing for this Air Bending master.

"Wow... this is what all women of the fire nation wear to the beach?" He absolutely and obviously has no idea what to wear, but he knows what to bring to drink.

Mood: Chipper
Condition: Perfectly Healthy

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 am

Mei Jen

She stands at his door, her face faltering for a moment as she looks down over her clothes. "Well, yes? What else do you wear at a beach town?" She shifts, noting his hat and kimono, then bows. "Air Councilman? We are supposed to swim!"
Mood: Relaxed
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 am

Koeten Tarea

He looks at her clothes again feeling his face heat up "Erm yes swimming, we should get to that then. He honestly has no earthly idea how to swim but that didn't matter anymore. He nodded to her as she lead him out of the beach house and onto the beach. Looking around he could see all manner of young grils and boys and their families playing in the water and making sand castles. Then he spots something, surf boards. He grins immediately getting an idea but that is for later."So what now?"

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Mei Jen

"Do you want to swim, or would you like to take a walk along the beach first?" She catches a small pack of young girls giggling at his odd clothing behind him, and can't avoid a small smile. She would certainly have been giggling too if she were one of the girls. She turns and looks down the beach, colorful umbrellas and towels covering the sand in loose groups as far as the eye can see. The tide is in and the beach is rather narrow at the moment. She breathes in the warm salt air, and watches the sunlight flicker off the water.
Mood: Relaxed

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Koeten Tarea

He looks back at pack of cute girls and sighs sheepishly,wondering where this beach had been all his life. Of course why look at those girls when he had a dark skinned beauty showing him around. He looks around again then looks down as the warm sand and smiles seeing the kids on surf boards out there." I have an idea, but I'll need one of those boards.." He points at the wooden long surf boards.

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Mei Jen

" I have an idea, but I'll need one of those boards.." She looks at the guys surfing, and nods. "The waves are pretty good right now, and the water's nice and glassy. An excellent choice, Air Councilman! There's a rental hut just up this way, by the food stalls. Stay right here." She trots off towards the vendors after setting their towels on the sand.

She signs a slip for a board, and Koeten would see her motioning towards him, then the rental attendant nodding and picking out of the longer boards propped against his hut. She takes the board under an arm and walks back, her ponytail swinging as she navigates the sand at a brisk walk. She stops in front of him, and stands the board on end next to her. "Do you surf often, Air Councilman?"
Mood: Pleasant

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Koeten Tarea

He takes the board shaking his head. He looks the board over carefully for a second then looks at her motioning to a spot on the middle and on the right side of the board."Can you burn a 2 inch diameter hole in the wood here, all the way through please Mei?" After she would finish obliging him he motions her out to the water removign his kimono but leaving his hat on. His staff is oddly enough still in his hand as he walks with her to the water then lays the board in about 2 foot of it. He opens his gliding staff and slides one of the ends of the wing struts into the hole and it stands inside the board on its side. "Get on the board pretty Mei we are going for a litte ride.

>

Last edited by Koeten on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Mei Jen

She stares at him for a moment, considering his request. She didn't want to offend him, but she knew the rental attendant would charge her for the board if it came back with a hole in it. Her curiosity gets the best of her, and how much could surfboards cost, really? "Of course, Air Councilman."

She touches two fingers to the board where he directed, and burns a perfectly circular hole through the wood. She traces a finger inside, nodding at the lack of rough sides. Stepping back towards the water she watches him remove his kimono, letting out a small relieved sigh, and then is shocked as he connects the staff to the board. An even mix of concern and excitement occupy her mind as she climbs onto the board.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Koeten Tarea

Koeten climbs on behind her and moves his right hand in a circular motion as his left wraps around her mid drift. His feet are planted firmly on the board and his bending kicks in as he grabs the glider and they take off like a shooting star the amount of air he used ti take off at 45 miles per hour blew up a small sand storm leaving a wake 5-6 high behind them as they take off. He laughs loudly as his head is sngled just a bit down and the air is blowing over his hat. His pony tail blows in the wind as he looks down at Mei for a second as they speed over the waves getting a little bit of air time."This was my idea!"

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Mei Jen

Hanging on for dear life, her hands clench the staff as they fly off the beach. Opening her eyes after a second or two, she's amazed at how fast the water is moving by underneath the board. She starts to laugh, then suddenly lets go of the staff, and leans forward, her weight held by his arm around her waist. "Amazing!!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Koeten Tarea

He sighs one of relief as she finally seems to be relaxing. He turns as the have gone out far enough and blasts back towards the beach turning on a wake tha vaults them into the air for a second then he turns again. He slows down the amount of power for them as they ease into the beach with quite a few people staring at them. Him with his hand around her waist and her seeming to enjoy it. He seems to be oblivious to the stares as they ease into shallow water and he ops off removing his glider from the board carrying both onto the beach and retracting his glider into its staff state then hovering his hand over himself air drying his body to its perfect cut dry hairiness. We will have to do that again later don't you think Mei?"

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Mei Jen

"Absolutely... Can we go higher next time?" She runs and grabs her towel, leaving his on the sand. Drying off, she laughs brightly, then heads back over to him, wrapping the towel around herself. Squeezing the water from her hair, she looks around the beach. "I might have to stand in line, though. It looks like a lot of other people are interested in... windsurfing. That's something you don't see everyday."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Koeten Tarea

He looks around laughing. "Your the only lady I'de wind surfing and expect to survive Mei." He walks back over to his kimono and slides it on his shoulders picking up his gourd of sake blowing cold iar into it to insta chill it then drinking and holding it out for her"Would you like a drink? It's cold."

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Mei Jen

She takes the gourd and bows her chin. "Thank you, Air Councilman. I promise I won't spill any this time." Holding the gourd to her lips, she takes a drink, looking over the crowds around them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Koeten Tarea

He takes the gourd back looking around wondering where the most scrumptuos Fire nation food was to be found then shrugs."What do you say we go find some thing to eat Mei and also, please you can call me Koeten, no honorifics are needed. " He waits for her and grabs the surf board anf ties the gourd to his sash and begins walking dropping off the board and paying for the damage himself. Then continues on down the beach. If only there was a travelling chef with some sort of food stand on the beach.((Hint hint Yoora))

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Mei Jen

"Of course, Koeten. And, yes, we should see who's cooking this season, the food here is always great." She takes off the towel, putting her shorts and top back on, then folding her towel, she runs over and picks up his. Standing up, she smooths her hair and takes a deep breath, grinning as she walks with him. "I can almost smell it from here."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Koeten Tarea

He raises his arm and sniff's his arm pit making a joke. "I smell that bad eh? Well You will have to show me these hot spring baths I hear about so much then. But thats for later until then Lets find some food. My treat of course, a lady should never pay for a couple to eat." He throws her a sly wink trying to throw her off her game as they walk the beach

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Rou Lui

"COME GET THE YOUR NOODLE SALDA HERE!" the sign on Rou's cart had said. She had made good progress today, she thought. It was a favor from her father that had gotten her the job of taking over the noodle cart of an old family friend on Embre Island. She had learned all there was about noodle salad and after finally getting Sifu-Chou's permission was allowed to put her own flare into the food.

The cart had a place to store cool drinks, and two stoves. One for making spicy tea and the other for frying up some flavors for the salad and making the occasional noodle soup. Lunch time rush had just finished and Rou had caught an interesting show "Windsurfing". It was an over all good day. She didn't feel the need to pack up as quickly as some other food carts for the day, and was content with watching people pass by and offer tea to the wondering eye.

Speaking of which...

"Hello sir. Could I interest you in some authentic Ember Island noodle salad or some cold tea?" Rou asked politely.

Mood: Excired
Condition:Healthy but Hot

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Mei Jen

She laughs at his joke, getting used to the looks they were getting as she walked next to the tall and flamboyantly dressed man. He was definitely not one to get lost in a crowd. "...My treat of course, a lady should never pay for a couple to eat." She starts to respond, then smiles at the woman at the cart they were passing, stopping as she addresses Koeten. She looks over the food, breathing in deeply, impressed with the tidy setup.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Koeten Tarea

He stops as the woman adresses him and takes a deep breath of the spicy food in the air. Noodle salad sounds divine miss, But I already have some Sake to drink thank you. Also add whatever my pretty guide here wants as well onto my bill" To be honest he didnt even know what noodle salad was but if it was the spicy stuff he was smelling it has to be good. He gives Rhou a smile then he remembers that this isnt the Air temple and adds on."Also miss if you wouldnt mind making me one with no meat please I'll throw in a good tip I promise."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:56 am

Rou Lui

No meat, huh? This will be an interesting challenge.

"Of course." Rou said. "I'll get started on it right now while your friend decides."

Lets see... I can't use the fish sauce, so I guess I'll have to make a sweet, salty and spicy dressing.

Rou pulled out a hot pepper from the fridge and a bottle of lychee juice. She gathered some of the other sauces that people tended to like to garnish their meals with. She quickly made a simple dressing, adding a few green onions.

She brought out a bowl, filled it with noodles, added a large amount of the mixture of vegetables and poured the sauce on top. She garnished it with a few nuts before handing it to the man.

"Here you are, sir." She said. "If its not to your taste you can garnish it the way you would like with the sauces and peppers over there." She pointed to the end of the cart where a few sauces, a bowl of peppers and limes, chopsticks and napkins were.

"What would you like, Miss?" Rou asked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 am

Mei Jen

"Hmmm... well I'd love some cold tea, and I know I want something with fresh seafood. What is your favorite? Yes, please make me your favorite, I'll take that." Rocking back and forth on her heels a bit, she still stands very straight, holding the towels in front of her, watching Rou work. She'd always loved to watch people cook, yet another wonderful use of fire. And this cook seemed quite young to have her own cart, so she must be very talented. "Was business good today?" She makes small talk while Koeten takes his bowl. She watches with interest to see if he adds anything to it from the condiment tray, or eats it as served.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 am

Koeten Tarea

Koeten takes his bowl and leaves the food as is as he nods in thanks to the cook. Sitting down on a bench close to the stand (about 10 ft to its right) he happily digs in listening to the small talk between the girls as he makes happy nomming sounds. He swallows for asecond."This is delicious!" he exclaims then goes back to nomming.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Rou Lui

"Sure," Rou said as she got the woman a cool cup of tea. "I personally like the owner's grilled fish, and it goes well with anything. But today I put my own spin on it, when I was grilling it."

Rou got the fish out and warmed it up with her fire bending. "Business was pretty good today. The lunch time rush ended just a little while ago, when the windsurfing was happening. You guys put on quite a show; the most exciting thing I've seen on the beach ever.

"Today was the first day I actually got to take the cart out myself. And my Sifu even let me put my own twists to his dishes that I've been trying out; though he made sure I ask the regulars if they wanted to try my dishes first. So it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks tomorrow." She said as she grabbed some noodles and vegetables in a bowl and topped them with the warm fish.

"My name is Rou, by the way." She said before she dug around the fridge looking for the fish sauce for the salad, and found it. She sprinkled enough on and poured some extra into a little side bowl.

"Here you go!" Rou said proudly. "Enjoy."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Air Councilman's Grand Tour   The Air Councilman's Grand Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

The Air Councilman's Grand Tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next