The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Game is Afoot [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daikon
Daikon

EXP : 1180

The Game is Afoot [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Daikon

The Crimson Spirit was a name that weighed heavily on Daikon’s mind as he made his way through the great gates of Ba Sing Se.  Months of meticulous planning flew right down the drain as a result of the mysterious vigilante and her ‘heroic’ deeds.  It had gotten so bad that Daikon had to intervene.  It was bad enough that he had to prematurely cancel his ‘fun’ in Gaoling to come and deal with the grinding halt of his operations in the capital city of the Earth Kingdom, but now he had to also find a solution to a very annoying pest problem.

Truthfully though, Daikon wasn’t sure if he was pissed off, or intrigued by this new player in his little game.  For as much as he knew the Crimson Spirit would be a thorn in his side, he also knew that at least things wouldn’t be boring.  After all, there was nothing Daikon despised more than being bored.  

Behind Daikon’s frightening mask lay the mind of genius despite his madness.  For in Daikon’s case, genius and madness were two sides of the same coin.  It was this fact that made him so dangerous and unpredictable.  
His mind was now set upon solving a puzzle.  “What to do with the Crimson Spirit?”  That was the question.   He could kill the vigilante of course, but he got the feeling that it would be easier said than done, besides where would the fun have been in that?  No, Daikon wanted him alive.  He wanted the thrill of the chase, the stimulation that only someone his equal could provide, and so in the depths of his mind, a scheme began to form.

It wasn’t long after Daikon had past the gates of Ba Sing Se when he arrived at one of his warehouses, where he quickly put his plan to action.  He gathered a team of expendable goons and organised a heist of the Bank of Ba Sing Se.  He needed the Crimson Spirit to fall for it, so it had to be authentic.  What he didn’t tell his henchmen though, was that he had equipped them with rigged outfits, stuffed with pouches that contained a strong paralytic gas which he created himself.  He also did not mention that they were just bait to catch the masked vigilante and that he expected them to fail, like so many of his underlings had already done at the hands of the Crimson Spirit.  He knew they would take a beating and he knew that the paralytic gas that would be released would overcome them, the attacker and anyone else in the immediate facility.

That evening his thugs began their heist in earnest for Daikon sat unmasked nearby.  Watching and waiting, with an almost childlike excitement.  He definitely wasn’t bored and couldn’t wait to meet the mysterious Crimson Spirit for himself.

Mood: Inquisitive
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

EXP : 2200

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

As usual, Noriko was fully concealed in the guise of the Crimson Spirit, patrolling the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se. The night had mostly been quiet, which she actually found disconcerting; it gave her a bad, uneasy feeling - something that she had learned, back in the military, to never ignore. Coming across a standard bank heist, she thought, explained the feeling. She knew that the evening was too quiet.

Falling upon the scene from an adjacent rooftop, the Crimson Spirit rolled to break her fall and then attacked. A jet of fire burst forth from her hand, coming between the thieves and their escape. The thugs panicked, predictably - some scrambled, while others threw themselves at Noriko, hoping to be the one to take out such a high profile vigilante.

Though the fight was short, Noriko realized that something was wrong. Her body felt heavy and difficult to move... that wasn't good. Trying to get out of the street and out of sight, the Crimson Spirit stumbled into the closest alleyway available, hoping to fight off the strange affliction before anything else could happen - but to no avail.

Mood: Concerned
Condition: Paralyzed

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Kei

Kei had continued to stay in Ba Sing Se for a while even after he had met Noriko the Crimson Spirit. He continued patrolling the city at nights, searching for those who were connected to Daikon in some way. Tonight however, Kei wasn't searching for criminals, he was instead looking for Noriko, who had let him stay in her apartment for the past few days. He wanted to let Noriko that he had eaten all of the MRE's and that they needed more food.

Upon hearing a commotion of some kind, Kei hurried to the location of a Bank Robbery. Kei didn't intervene however, as the Crimson Spirit had already descended down upon the criminals and swiftly dealt with them.
Somethings strange Kei thought as he was watching the entire scene play out from the rooftops.

It seemed his intuition was right and as Noriko had defeated the criminals a gas was released from their bodies. Noriko stopped moving after being engulfed in the gas and collapsed to the floor. Kei watched as other people emerged from being hidden in the shadows and take Noriko away.

Kei wasn't sure whether they'd be linked Daikon or not, but either way, he decided he should probably rescue Noriko.

So Kei began trailing the criminals who had taken Noriko in a stealthily manner from the rooftop and followed them as they led himself to their base.

Mood: Serious
Condition: Healthy and Hidden

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 am

Daikon

“Oooh!  Right in the daddy bags!” exclaimed Daikon excitedly as he watched the Crimson Spirit gracefully decimate his would be bank robber thugs.  He gleefully rocked back and forth, swinging his arms as if he was fighting too; mirroring Noriko’s punches and jabs in an almost comical fashion.  “Look at these goose bumps!?” he said lifting a sleeve to show one of his nearby guards.  “Oh he’s good!” whispered Daikon with an impressed look on his face, “better then you lot for sure!  No wonder you fools failed all of your duties so miserably!  You are all completely out of his league!  You can be lucky that little old me arrived to set this matter straight before any more of you were maimed beyond recognition by our lovely new friend here.” He cackled, still enjoying the show.

Eventually, and after a valiant struggle, the Crimson Spirit succumbed to the paralytic gas. Daikon took that as his cue to slip on his mask and make his way to the paralysed vigilante. He stood over his prey and stared for a moment behind his terrifying mask before speaking. “The Crimson Spirit I presume,” said Daikon in an eerily friendly voice, “Hi…I’m Daikon,” he continued as he gave a small bow.  Suddenly he lunged forward, kicking the vigilante squarely in the stomach.  “DID YOUR MOTHER NEVER TEACH YOU TO STAND WHEN YOU ARE GREETED?!” He roared at the top of his lungs before grabbing the Crimson Spirit’s collar and pressing his face almost right up against helpless vigilante’s mask.  “Now now…” he whispered in a sickening tone, “...I'm not going to hurt you...much...I just want to talk. Do you mind coming with me? I know the perfect place!”  He continued, standing up.  With a simple nod, two of Daikon’s guard’s immediately lifted the Crimson Spirit and followed Daikon to one of his safehouses, where they proceeded to tie the vigilante down to a chair.  They were very careful to tie the Crimson Spirit very securely as the paralytic gas wouldn’t last much longer at all, and no one wanted to face her wrath if she got loose.

Daikon sat and watched her, waiting for her to stir.  He stared and stared at her from behind his horrific mask in a way that would have made anyone uncomfortable.  As soon the effects of the gas began to wear off he grinned.  “Wakey, wakey…” he whispered softly, “don’t worry about the nauseating feeling, it will pass soon…but in the meantime…Welcome to my humble abode!  I know it really doesn’t look much, but then again you have been very thorough at bringing my business here in Ba Sing Se to a grinding halt.  So décor is not really a priority on the budget if you know what I mean?”  
Daikon stepped towards her now and started circling as he continued.  “You know there are easier ways to get my attention.  You could have sent a nice post card or an invitation, instead of repeatedly bashing my henchmen’s skulls in…that’s my job you know!”  He sighed, “no matter though, let bygones be bygones am I right?  I’m here now and you have my undivided attention.  Please, say what you will, I’m a GREAT listener.”  He said with a chuckle as he pulled up a chair and sat directly in front of her.

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 am

Noriko Tatsumi

The worst part about being paralyzed was that, even though Noriko could see the kick coming, she could do nothing to avoid it - and that she was unable to express the pain, once it had happened. Being dragged away was no fun either, particularly since she couldn't tell where she was being taken from the position she was held in. Thankfully, her mask was still in place, and she could tell (once she was strapped to that chair) that they had taken her to a warehouse, of some kind.

Noriko tried to keep quiet about the paralytic gas wearing off, but it seemed that the psycho - also masked, which was a new one for her - knew about the time when she should be regaining control.

Bile was rising in her throat; she wished that she could spit it out, but the mask that hid her identity for these few more precious moments inhibited her ability to do so. Swallowing instead - eww - Noriko considered the other mask before her. He wanted her to talk, hm? Alright then. She would talk. "Quite the reception," She ground out through clenched teeth, though the feminine note to her voice was impossible to hide completely, "None of the drug lords put this much effort into things."

Surely the cat was out of the bag, and she'd be revealed now. Hell, Noriko was expecting it, at this point. The Crimson Spirit turning out to be a woman would probably make this psycho's evening, if not his whole week.

Mood: Pissed
Condition: Tied Up

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 am

Kei

Kei trailed the men who held the Crimson Spirit captive back to an old warehouse. When the men entered the warehouse with Noriko, Kei quickly made his way up to the roof of the building by using his weighted wire like a grappling hook. He then stealthily landed on the roof of the warehouses and made his way to an opening in the roof. Laying down next to the opening, Kei watched as the men tied Noriko to a chair.

Noriko didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, so Kei didn't jump in to save her yet. Instead, he simply listened in to the conversation from atop the building seeing what useful information he could pick up.

When the man who seemed in charge introduced himself as Daikon, Kei smiled. He had been hunting down the criminal for a while now, yet it was impossible to find any leads on him. As if it were fate, Kei was practically given Daikon, all he had to do was reach out and "grab" the super criminal and claim the bounty for himself.

Truth was however that Daikon wasn't anything like what Kei imagined him to be. Originally thinking Daikon would be cool and calm, Kei found out that he was seemed to be a bit insane. This caused Kei to be extra cautious as he knew that insane people usually tended to be unpredictable.

Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 am

Daikon

Daikon froze as The Crimson Spirit began speaking; he slowly turned his head towards her with an ecstatic grin on his face.  Despite his mask hiding his expressions, the way he tilted his head made it especially creepy as he said:  “Oooh …. A woman?”

Daikon suddenly slapped his knee and started laughing.  “Oh this is just so unexpected!  Never once did I actually expect that the person beating the brains out of my thugs was a woman!  You’ve got a hell of a right cross you know?!”  He suddenly half leapt onto her, sitting astride her lap and looking directly at her.  “Don’t worry my dear, our next date will go much better, no paralytic gases…unless you want them that is…”

Daikon paused and then sighed, using his whole body to emphasize it even more.  “Drug dealer? Really?  You think I am drug dealer?  Well….you are WRONG?!” He screamed at the top of his lungs leaning right into her face, touching their masks together.  “I’m a psychopath sweetie!  Don’t get the two confused ok?  I couldn't care less about gold or possessions you see.  I am motivated things that you couldn't even begin to imagine”

Daikon paused again, this time breathing heavily as he stroked the Crimson Spirit’s mask in a very suggestive manner.  “I bet you wondering why I don’t take off your mask?  Am I right?  Well, because I am not interested in the boring person underneath that mask.  I am waaaayyy more interested in you this way.  Did you know that disguises are self-portraits?  They reveal so much about our true natures.  Oh, can’t you see it….we are meant to be!?” He cackled, throwing his head back in ecstatic laughter.

Mood: Insane

Last edited by Daikon on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because reasons: Nah I just cleaned it up (was in a rush when I posted it))
Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

"I'll hold you to that," Noriko mentioned almost casually, when Daikon told her that their next date would not involve paralytic gasses (though her teeth were still grit rather tightly together). She could tell, now that she was face-to-face, so to speak, with the mad man that there was something... off. His eyes just didn't look quite right - Noriko couldn't explain it better than that. There was something missing in their depths, and it was the one thing that she found truly disconcerting about him, thus far.

That scream in her face was less than charming, however, though the masked vigilante did find it somewhat interesting that he had misunderstood her so badly. Seemed that Daikon did not like someone thinking that he was any common criminal - good to know.

Surprisingly enough, the next bit made Noriko chuckle ever so slightly, despite the creeper straddling her lap and molesting her mask. "I'm glad we understand one another," She mentioned, before tilting her head to the side, adding, "Though... if you're the psychopath, what does that make me?" It seemed a valid question, in her own eyes; she wasn't motivated by riches or possessions any more than he was, nor did she have motivation that someone else might be able to understand.

Mood: Amused

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Kei

Kei moved from his current prone position to another opening in the warehouse. This opening was located directly above Noriko and he would now have an easier time rescuing her should it be needed.

Kei was laying down in a prone position next to this new opening. Daikon and Noriko were still having their talk, but Kei hadn't learned anything of importance yet. Instead, Kei noted where every man in the warehouse was so he could know what to expect if he jumped in.

Of course, there quite a bit of enemies in the warehouse. With Daikon, all of his henchmen, and needing to protect Noriko, simply jumping down there and saving her was a terrible idea. He needed a better one.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:38 am

Daikon

Daikon grinned at the Crimson Spirit’s comment.  “That makes you the one person on this earth capable of keeping up with me!” he laughed.  “I find ways to torture you and the people you love and protect and you try to thwart me!” He grabbed the sides of her head with both hands and looked her right the eye, “and you know what’s the best part?  You won’t kill me because of some misguided belief in justice or some other silly notion, and I won’t kill you…yet…because we are still going to have soooo much fun together!”

Daikon slowly stood up, rubbing her two thighs as he did.  “It has been a lovely evening, really special.  I’d walk you home but then I know you can take care of yourself.  Oh yes, and there is just that matter of you interrupting my plans for Ba Sing Se…it pains me to do this but…daddy needs to teach you lesson…” he said, suddenly kicking her chair, causing it to fall backwards.  “Have some fun with her boys!  Don’t be too rough though…I want her alive…and when you are done, let her go…”

With that Daikon walked to a safe distance where he could watch while still being able to escape quickly if things went wrong.  He always had contingency plans; such was the way his twisted mind worked.  His thugs had already begun to surround her, and were ready to get some payback for all the broken bones they had received at the Crimson Spirit’s hand.  “I would let them untie you for a fighting chance, but it’s more fun to see what you will do this way!” he laughed, rubbing his hands together.

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 am

Noriko Tatsumi

That comment about her 'misguided belief in justice' actually had Noriko laughing, causing her to sound a little unhinged, herself - perhaps she was, all things considered. "Oh, I will kill you," She corrected him, smiling under her mask, the expression reaching her eyes for once, "Don't confuse me for some fantasy hero... I'll watch the light leave your eyes and I quite frankly won't give a single shit about it."

When her chair fell over, the masked vigilante wasn't overly concerned, actually. Any pain she received would only be temporary, and she knew that a nut job like Daikon wouldn't let someone else have the fun of killing her. Still, Noriko flexed her hands, trying to force some wiggle room in the knots that held her there; no sense being hurt if it wasn't necessary.

Unless "some fun" meant rape, at which point Noriko wouldn't be too surprised. Men tended to think about that shit more often than not - she'd seen it plenty of times in the war and was, by now, rather desensitized to it (even the concept that it might happen to her).

Mood: Exasperated

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Kei

When Daikon decided it was time for his men to do as they wish with The Crimson Spirit, Kei decided it was probably time for a quick rescue. Kei stood up from his prone position next to the opening in the roof of the warehouse and grabbed a flash-bang from within his Trench Coat.
Sorry about this Noriko. Kei thought to himself, she probably wouldn't enjoy what he was about to do, but it was far better leaving her to Daikon's men.

Kei chucked his flash-bang through the opening in the roof of the warehouse having it impact the ground next to Noriko. The entire area was suddenly engulfed in a bright white light and there was a loud "Ping!". This would briefly stun everyone around the area including Noriko and anyone looking in that direction would be momentarily blinded.

With a few valuable seconds bought, Kei who was still atop of the warehouse took the end of his weighted wire from his belt and threw it toward the leg of the knocked over chair Noriko was tied to. The weighted end of the wire flew toward the leg and wrapped itself around it securing itself on the chair. Grabbing his end of the wire, Kei began to run away from the opening in the roof causing Noriko suddenly to be pulled upward. Since it was the leg of the chair that was being pulled up, Noriko was upside down during her ascent.

When the chair made its way to the edge of the opening, Kei quickly worked his way back to Noriko, making sure the wire didn't loosen. When he got to Noriko, Kei pulled her and the chair up to the roof and cut the rope that had secured her to the chair. Kei also quickly undid his wire that was wrapped around the leg of the chair and let it automatically retract into his belt.

"Hey," Kei said to Noriko, certain the flash-bangs effect had worn off, "I came to let you know that you're out of MRE's at your apartment and you need more."

Kei looked down the opening in the roof and noticed there was pointing and yelling in his direction.
Kei added, "We should hurry and leave, it seems our position won't be safe for too much longer."

Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game is Afoot [Closed]   The Game is Afoot [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Game is Afoot [Closed]
Page 1 of 1