The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Further Training

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Further Training - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet watched and asked for certain things to be performed, and in most czases, Jurishe was able to perform them. He did sort of raise the bar a few times to see just what she was capable of, but when there was something the young woman was unacquainted with, Akhet simply nodded understandingly and mentally noted it so that he could teach her it later. If he just had her demonstrate the basics, he wouldn't know what other levels she was on, and so going above her skill level was necessary. He didn't seem upset at all though.

"You have a very sound understanding of the basics and a few other rather practical skills," he smiled approvingly at her, "some people I've met didn't even know that and they claimed to be at a higher level than you were..." he shook his head. "I think you've done fine."

He paused for a moment to let her take that in before continuing. "I think what I will start by doing though, is teaching you the different chi flows of the various other benders. Your friend is a firebender, yes? the others are not too much different from waterbenders and nonbenders, but there are enough differences that you have to vary your technique juuuuust slightly in a few ways to maximize effect. What do you say?" Assuming that she wanted to learn this sort of thing first, Akhet would continue. Obviously, she could have a say in what she wanted to learn first (provided she was at the appropriate level to learn it, of course).
Mood: Calm
Condition: Perfect
Link: Akhet

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Thankful when Akhet approved of her current skill level, Jurishe smiled, standing up from her place on the floor next to the healing dummy. While there were a few things that she couldn't do, apparently they were either not expected of her current level, or were something that she would be learning soon. The accomplishment (and slight praise) boosted her confidence, however, which was very important for a healer to have.

"She is, and that sounds wonderful," Jurishe agreed, "I know that the basic first aide would be the same, in theory, but I'd like to know more... for the more complicated healings that might arise." She didn't want her friend to be hurt, of course, but Katara had already sustained injuries that were difficult to heal. Jurishe would like for there to be less of those difficult moments, and more solutions.

Mood: Confident
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet understood the importance of someone's emotional well-being (Minali had helped teach him that whether she had intended to or not) , especially for a healer, who would need confidence when working with someone else's life on the line and such.

"Alright then... we'll start with firebenders." he smiled at her.
and thus the lesson began. Akhet explained that firebenders had higher concentrations of chi in their hands and feet near the wrists and ankles, which thus gave them the more forceful moves. Waterbenders, by contrast, had more equal flows throughout the body, better symbolizing the element of water. He'd get to airbenders and earthbenders later.
He thus explained what pressure points were more crucial to firebenders, including one near the throat, since firebending was controlled by the breath. Every now and again he'd have Juri demonstrate a technique here or recite a concept there to ensure that she was still with him [more to make sure that she was understanding what the heck he was saying, rather than trying to prove she was competent], and so overall, this was definitely going to be a productive lesson. Obviously this stuff wouldn't just magically become part of Jurishe's skillset overnight, but it was a good thing to start learning.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Everything that Akhet told her about the chi flow of firebenders made sense with what she already knew from trying to help Katara, and so it was easy for Jurishe to remember and emulate the technique when she was shown. She was also an eager student, so that likely made Akhet's life a lot easier too. Of course, he was a good teacher, which made her life easier as well.

When it was time to leave the clinic for the day, Jurishe gathered her things and bowed her head respectfully to her new mentor. "Thank you so much, for everything," She told him, meaning every word, "I'll speak to my friend Katara this evening, to start introducing the idea of meeting you in your home, for a session."

Mood: Tired, but Happy

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet did enjoy an eager student, and Jurishe fit the bill. For one, his mother had instilled in him a fondness of learning and of sharing knowledge, but also, uit was good to see that he was skilled enough to teach others. He would help Jurishe a few times when she needed small corrections, but he stayed polite and professional, just wanting to make sure she got it perfect so that there was no discrepancy in her techniques.

Akhet returned a respectful nod, and smiled. "you're welcome. I'm glad that you are able to benefit from my knowledge. I shall also speak to my wife about it tonight, and perhaps tomorrow we can share our results so we can determine the best plan of action." and tomorrow, he might introduce the different chi flow patterns of earthbenders (definitely much more common than airbenders) as he expanded on the concepts for firebenders, which would be his primary focus for a while.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Thank you so much," Jurishe told him again with a smile and another bow of her head, "I really appreciate everything - thank you." This day had definitely been interesting, both for meeting new people and learning new things; and tomorrow it would happen again, though she'd learn different things, of course.

Taking her leave, the young trainee made her way home, to the small flat she was sharing with Katara for the moment, to tell her friend all that had happened. Little did she know that she'd be hearing all about it as well.

Mood: Tired, but Happy

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:56 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet smiled. "you are most welcome. I think I will enjoy working with you." He meant this exactly how it sounded. There were no hidden undertones or suggestions (although some of the other nurses probably wished there was, and that he was talking to them) here; just Akhet speaking his mind. He'd expand upon his teaching every day, and he of course was still learning some things, which meant that he would be able to teach her for a long time.

Akhet also took his leave, and only followed Jurishe for a block or two before waving to her and parting ways (which just meant he lived one way while she lived a different way) to head home to see how his beautiful wife was doing. He'd be in for a surprise after learning who she had met today.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Further Training   Further Training - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Further Training
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2