The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Past, Present and Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Past, Present and Future Empty
PostSubject: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:19 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek stared out upon Fire Fountain City from the balcony of his bedroom. It was a lovely day.  The sun was shining; birds were chirping, and a cool breeze gently swayed the tall pines that decorated the Zelgius-Raiden estate.  His usual calm demeanour was masked by worry and it was apparent that a great burden lay upon his heart.  He let out a deep sigh.  Memories of the past flooded his mind, memories of a better time.  Like the time he met Fire Lord Shula, and helped her root out and destroy a band of assassins after her head.   Or the time he met his best friend, Spymaster Kako, and the good work they done for the Fire Nation.

But alas, Fire Lord Shula had disappeared off the face of the earth along with the Spymaster, and despite Tarek’s best efforts, they could not be found.  That left Tarek, the chief advisor and most trusted General of the Fire Lord, to try and maintain order along with the other Fire Nation Generals.  But the citizens of the Fire Nation were scared, and crime and chaos had been on a steady rise.  Law abiding citizens were beginning to complain and murmur, some of them even protesting and causing riots in the streets.  

Tarek sighed again, “When is this nightmare going to end?” he thought to himself as he leaned forward onto the railing of the balcony.  

Mood:  Troubled
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Crime and intrigue had always been something inherently connected to Sanaki. While she was technically no criminal, many had died by her hand, and she had the weaponry to prove it, down in her basement armory.

And yet she had laid dormant for many years, never telling her 5 beautiful children of these troubles, or of her past life. All they needed to know was that mommy was different now, and that she loved and cared for them more than anything else in the world--for that was entirely true.

And yet, there was unease in the world today, and not just the Fire Nation,e ven if that was what hit home the most at this point. There was unease in her husband Tarek, and Sanaki knew why. Still... she was prompted to ask as she stepped out onto the balcony. She could not see what he was seeing (or anything at all for that matter) but with the graceful and elegant way that she carried herself, one wouldn't have ever known.

"is everything okay, love?" she asked softly, putting one of her dainty and nimble little hands on his shoulder. She knew the answer, but wanted to hear his thoughts on it.
Mood: Concerned
Condition: Perfect
Link: Sanaki

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek felt encouraged when he felt the soft tender touch of his wife on his shoulder, as she always brought him relief from the world’s troubles. Sanaki and his family had always meant the world to him. He turned to Sanaki with a smile, though trouble still creased his brow. “I am troubled my love,” he whispered, looking back towards the horizon, “The greatest nation in the world,” he continued, “abandoned by its leaders, and falling into chaos and destruction.”

He turned and scooped up Sanaki’s hands in his. “After Shula and Kako vanished, the rest of the Generals and I tried to restore some semblance of order. But there is too much infighting and bickering, and the best interests of our nation are being ignored. The people are beginning to revolt, crime is higher than ever before, the Fire Nation is lawless and leaderless. Is this a place for us to raise our children?” he asked worryingly.

He honestly didn’t know what to do, but he knew he could tell Sanaki anything that was on his heart. She was always there for him.

Mood: Troubled

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:27 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Love had always been about give and take... about supporting one another and that sort of thing. Granted, Tarek's distress was a very valid issue and it was one that Sanaki was not immune to even if she wanted to be. The well-being of her home country was fairly important to her, since she could not just pick up her mansion and float it all the way to the Earth Kingdom.

"I'd almost say that Zulera was behind it," she suggested, referring to the Avatar, "she seems fond of chaos and not too fond of rulers and governmental figures... but on the other hand, I heard that she and Shula were very close friends, so that doesn't make sense."
"No..." she shook her head, agreeing with him fully, "this is no place to raise our babies like this. They deserve better. They deserve the Fire Nation that we lived in after the war ended. we should do something... surely you and I are both people of significant enough rank that we could make a difference... right?" she suggested. She was a noble before she had married Tarek, and Tarek was one of the highest ranking Fire Nation generals and so they both commanded pretty considerable authority.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:58 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek’s eyes widened at the mention of the Avatar.  He was no fan of Zulera and her ways, but he still respected her as the Avatar.  He knew Sanaki had history with Zulera, in fact Fire Lord Shula had as well, one that Tarek definitely didn’t endorse.  “Avatar Zulera is indeed an agent of chaos, and is unpredictable at best.  Though what you say is true, she was close to Shula.  Where did you get this notion that Zulera was involved from my dear?” he asked.

At her next suggestion, Tarek stood completely upright, turning towards his wife.  “Are you really suggesting…” he started, pausing as he processed what Sanaki had just said, “Well, in theory yes, though I hadn’t even considered it.  We do have enough authority and the status to make a difference, possibly even take control.  But introducing a new line of leadership in the Fire Nation doesn’t just work like that.  We would need the blessing of the Avatar…and Zul is not the type of Avatar to help repair our nation.” He said, staring at Sanaki as if in deep thought.

Mood:  Pensive

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:26 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki shook her head. "I do not know that the avatar was involved in this disappearance... I just suggeted that it seemed like something she would do. She has visited the Fire Nation multiple times, but on the other hand, I am not sure when these leaders disappeared or when and where Zulera was, so there is certainly not enough evidence to blame her for this even if it was in fact her."
She was not blaming Zulera, but rather just making an observation based on what she knew of the mysterious and notoriously chaotic avatar.

Had Sanaki not been blind, it was likely that their eyes would have met. She was pretty good at pointing them in the right direction anyways, but even when she did that, she was still blind.
She was admittedly surprised about Tarek suggesting taking the throne. She had not thought that ambitiously, but perhaps she should have slapped herself for not dreaming big enough or something.

Sanaki swung her hands gently, since they were embedded in Tarek's. "well... perhaps we should discuss it with her the next time word of her presence in this nation shows up," she suggested, "I doubt that she would harm or kill us... and so perhaps it's one of those concepts where we have nothing to lose if we try. What do you think?"

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek nodded, he too didn’t believe that Zulera had a direct impact on the disappearances of the Fire Lord and the Spymaster.  The mystery would just have to go unexplained for the time being.  Tarek grasped Sanaki’s hands tightly and allowed his arms to sway with hers.  He felt a confidence begin to grow inside of him because of Sanaki.  His country, and his family was in need, and Tarek himself was best equipped to fill that need.  After all, in the absence of Kako and Shula he basically ran the Fire Nation along with the other Generals and  as the chief advisor to Shula, he knew the ins and outs of Fire Nation politics and governance better than anyone else.

He smiled at Sanaki.  “You surprise me all the time Sanaki, here you are counselling me, the counsellor of the entire nation.  You are truly amazing my dear.”  He said kissing her lips softly.  “I think if Zulera shows up, we should definitely speak with her.  She is unpredictable, but she will not harm us.  She is smart that way.  Nothing she does is really random.  Her mind is chaotic, but she knows exactly what she is doing and she has grand scheme already worked out.”  He paused, “Unless it’s someone else’s plan, someone capable of unleashing her, and guiding her in some way.  Not controlling her, more like aiming her, and letting her loose.”  He whispered, drifting into thought.  Tarek always thought abstractly, he could have been wrong or right, but this was his theory.  “I am sorry love, I lost track of my thoughts.  Thank you for your concern, and advice.  Let us go inside and check on the kids?  These are worries for another day.”

Mood:  Somewhat Relieved

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

While Sanaki had an adorable and childish side that Tarek saw a lot, she was also very calm and wise, having lived many years upon this world, and having seen so many different political schemes and things come and go. She was familiar with the current organization of politics thanks to Tarak's position and his job in the palace, and she had played some of these politics herself anyways during her day.

She smiled at Tarek. "I am glad I can help love." she smiled. "I seek for the well-being of not just my family, but also my nation. we should definitely speak with her the next time she shows up. She does not exactly come in secret even if she does not hail the fanfare that an Avatar might deserve. So while she's discreet about her entrance, she is fairly easy to spot. She's a wild thing..."
She was familiar with at least some aspects of Zulera, at least. But also, she had unique tattoos that often showed when she exposed certain parts of her body. Sanaki wouldn't know this, but anyone who had seen (get it?) the avatar knew she had tattoos, many of which remained hidden under her clothing.

"controlling Zulera?" Sanaki tilted her head. "I heard the only one that she would take orders from would be her mother... and she is usually in the Water Tribes. I do not know much about her at all." but on the other hand, no one did.
"Still... I definitely propose that we speak to her about it... I suppose that if we don't ask, the answer is no from the star, yes?"

She mused about this a while before shaking her head. It would be better to let it go for the time being and focus on more happy things. Tarek had the right idea. "aye... that would be good..." she admitted, letting Tarek guide her. She was concerned about it all too, and worried at the prospect that Zurok or Zulera might be behind some of this madness. She never understood people like that--so amiable and seemingly harmless... and yet so dangerous. She turned and followed Tarek inside.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Past, Present and Future   Past, Present and Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Past, Present and Future
Page 1 of 1