The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keeping cool

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

EXP : 1105

Keeping cool - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:36 am

"Oh, of course." Shi whispered, noticing the way her friend clutched her forehead. I'll make you some st. John's Wort tea with mint. That should fix your hreadache right up." She rolled out of bed and stood. Her body was still a little moist, and she'd like to have cleaned herself up right away, but decided the fire would take a little longer to take a trip to the bath house than to put together a fire.

Completely nude, she moved out to her main room and took a few bits of wood from the basket by the wall. There was still a little bit left from the last time she' gathered. She built a little teepee shape under the grate. Rubbing the sticks against the stone, she managed to create a little spark. She continued to rub until the spark grew larger. Finally, the fire was lit. She went just outside the door and filled the tea pot from the water pump and put it on the grate.

"We'll let that boil," Shi said softly, stepping into the door frame again. "It shouldn't be too long."
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

EXP : 2495
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Vigilante
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

Shanza smiled weakly up at her unclothed friend. She was certainly rather beautiful, and Shanza was grateful for the service she provided (in this case, the remedial variety).

"Thank you," she smiled, "it is much appreciated, and I'll be happy to repay you."
Sure, getting tea wasn't a life debt or anything, but she could at least do a little service to her friend for the good deed she was given. that was just how Shanza was.

She sat there, attempting to get up but then deciding against it, figuring that the best way to amplify a headache would just be to stand up quickly. Nope... none of that, please.

"Thank you." she smiled softly, I can wait."
Mood: Calm
Condition: Somewhat Dizzy
Link: Shanza

Last edited by Shanza on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:24 pm

"Oh please don't worry about paying me back." She said softly, casting a glance over her shoulder to see if there were steam coming from the pot yet. There was, but very little. "This isn't any trouble."

Shi Sen turned from the doorway and went back to where her clothes lay in a pool on the floor. She wouldn't bother with the outer-most layers of kimono, but wrapped herself in the inner robe that separated her from the finer fabric. She then went to a medium-sized box on the far end of the room near the fire. She took from it a few finger-fulls of leaves and a mortar and pestle. Having ground the leaves into a fine powder, she emptied the mortar into the wire asket of the teapot and poured the hot water from the kettle over them. The aroma was thick, steamy and earthy. She set the delicate teapot aside and removed the kettle from the fire, but keeping it close and warming it. She plucked two cups from the box and took them and the pot to the bedroom.

"Here we are." She knelt next to the bed and set a cup on the floor. Slowly and carefully she poured the light tea. "This should help. It's a mixture of st. John's wort and Bay leaves. Perfect for getting rid of headaches."
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

"Well... if you say so..." she shrugged, too dizzy to want to argue it. "Thank you again though..."
As Shi disappeared behind the doorway, Shanza figured it'd at least be decent for her to get up and get her underwear, and so she did. she was a bit shaky, and say back down once she had it back on, and then relaxed as the aroma of tea began to gradually waft into the room. Ah... that smell was a wonderful one. Marian was very fond of tea herself.

"Thank you again..." she smiled softly, gently taking the cup and bringing it to her lips. it tasted like many teas did going down, but the warmth of the liquid going down her throat calmed her down, and she sighed gently. it wasn't like it was ab out to make her headache magically disappear on the spot, but Shanza figured that after a few minutes, she would start to see results.

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

"I do hope you enjoy it. I don't get headaches as often as I used to, but this particular blend always seemed to do the trick in getting rid of them." Shi picked up the pot and filled her own cup again, pulling it smoothly to her lips and sipping quietly. She could feel the somewhat umcombertable moisture and stickiness of her flesh cling to her robe and was reminded why the garment was created in the first place. "I think after this cup, I'll go to the bath house."
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

she took another swallow from the cup. "it is very wonderful... thank you." she said truthfully, "I get headaches annoyingly often, but this is one of many very effective ways for me to calm them down. I appreciate it."

She drained her cup and filled it again as well, enjoying the savory hot liquid as it flowed down her throat. After hearing Shi Shen's idea of where she wanted to go after this, Shanza thought it sounded like a good idea herself.
"Do you mind if I tag along?" she said softly, "I could probably use a bath too."

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am

"Not at all." Shi Sen smiled, collecting a basket from the far side of the room. "It could be nice to have some company while bathing. I'll get you a towel and we can go." She tucked the basket under one arm and went out to the living room. She pulled two towls from a larger basket and tossed them into the one under her arm.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

"Thank you..." she nodded softly, standing up. Her headache seemed to have gone dormant again, and so she was able to get dressed. as fine as she would have been with parading down the street in her skivvies, she knew that it was probably not a good idea.

She followed her shorter friend out with a nod. She was not 100% familiar with this locale, and so she figured Shi would take the lead here...
Condition: Only Slightly Dizzy

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm

The pair took a few corners and passed down several rows of houses and shacks. Finally, they reached a large, stone building with a gate and a stone seat cut into the wall. Above the seat, there was a long rope attatched to a bell. Shi Sen looked here and there, peering through the bars of the gate. She didn't see anyone, so she reached up and rang the bell. A low "doonnnnng" eminating from it.

A man's voice came from behind the wall. "Just a minute!" There was some rustling, then he appeared just behind the gate. He undid the latch and stepped out. A short, thin man with thick grey and white hair and a long curved nose. "Oh! Miss Shi Sen, how are you?"

"Doing well, sir. And you?" Shi Sen bowed deeply to the an and straightened again. "This is y good friend Shanza. We would like to take a bath."

"Oh, excellent. Always glad to have you. Let me call the wife and she'll get you settled in." He turned in the door way and yelled over his shoulder. "Taan! Taan Lee! Shi Sen and another girl would like to use the bath."

A little old woman with steel grey hair pulled into a bun appeared behind her husband. "Of course, right this way." She beckoned them to follow her, but not before Shi Sen dropped four coins into the door man's hand.

"Have a nice Bath ladies." The old man nodded to them as they passed.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

Shanza followed quietly. If she had not still been a bit dizzy, she might have spoken up. She was quite the talker and jokester when she was feeling well.
She figured that Shi knew this place and thus these people, and so she let her friend to all the talking.

As they were let in, she turned to the shorter woman. "so how often do you come here?" she asked curiously. the thought of a bath did sound rather inviting right now, and she was looking forward to it. She was just curious regarding how her friend felt about this place. She seemed to like it, given her acquaintance with the owners.

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:57 pm

"I come here at least three times a week." Shi Sen admitted, leading her friend into the dressing rooms. The older woman that was with them nodded in confirmation.

Taan Lee turned to Shanza and looked up into her face. "I hope you don't mind me asking dear, but are you from the water tribes or the fire nation? I don't mean to pry...." She seemed a little nervous and wrung her hands.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

"Ah." she nodded, "well, I can already see why..."

She smiled when she was asked the question about her heritage. It was always an interesting and rather amusing story.
"Would you believe me if I told you that I was an earthbender from the Eastern Air Temple?" she asked. Yes, despite her Water Tribe appearance and Fire Nation clothing, she was an earthbender (but she was believed to have Water Tribe blood in her), and she had been born and spent her early childhood with the Airbenders in their Eastern Temple.

"...because that's the truth of the matter. It's almost like I'm an Avatar of sorts. No harm done... by all means, ask what you will." she was fine with revealing things about herself. While she was usually calm and quiet during her headaches, when they started clearing up, she was a very open and vibrant woman.
Mood: Playful

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:34 pm

"I was wondering that myself." Shi Sen admitted. "That's fascinating. Was one of your parents from the Water tribes and one from the Air temple? Or does it date back further than that?" As she spoke, Shi began to remove her kimono, first untying the obi and handing it to Taan Lee.

Taan Lee took the clothing handed to her and listened intently to the new girl's explanation. She'd seen the same old faces for so long that this new comer's story was a real novelty.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

"they were travellers." Shanza answered, "always running from one place to the next. they spent a good few years at the Eastern Air Temple for only they know what, but they were both earthbenders. I think my maternal grandmother might have been a waterbender though. Both of my grandparents on that side did have darker skin."

Marian shed her clothes and removed her boots with little other thought to it, and continued. her headache was clearing up, and so she felt much better.
"My choice in red Fire Nation-style clothing was not necessarily even to have influence from the four nations... Red is just my favorite color." she chuckled as she sat back down. She enjoyed speaking and telling stories, and was grateful for how her friend had helped her through her rough time a moment ago.
Condition: Improving

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

(I'm sorry that it's been so long, but I had to go home for spring break. I'm at a friend's at the moment, which is why I can respond)

"Oh my," the old woman laughed quietly. "That's facinating. And red does look very nice on you."

Shi Sen nodded in agreement before something sprang to life in her eyes. "But I bet orange and yellow would look even better." She studied the woman up and down and noted the details of her figure in broad-daylight. "After our bath, there's some place I'd like to show you." A sly gring eclipsed her face.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:09 pm

[OOC--it's all good.]

Marian Sandega Shanza

Shanza smiled. "thanks. I am quite pleased with my appearance." this was not a boast of any kind; simply a statement that Shanza enjoyed the way she looked and did not feel bad about her body or her clothes.

When she heard Shi's remark, she couldn't help but make a joke. "oh, this doesn't have anything to do with my so-called Air Nomad 'heritage' now, does it?" she began to wash herself as she spoke. "either way... you have gotten my attention, and now I wish to know more..."

Last edited by Shanza on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am

"It'll be a surprise." She hinted, smiling up at her tall, lean friend. She began to clean her skin with the cloth she'd brought, washing her face and neck. "As soon as we've washed up here, we'll go into the main bath."

"Well Miss Shi, it appears that you know what you're doing. I'll leave you to it." The old woman bowed and stepped out of the way. When Shi Sen had finnished washing, she tiptoed by her and thanked her as she passed.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Marian Sandega Shanza

"Aww..." Shanza fake-pouted, "now you've got me all curious and then you have to go and leave me hanging like that... meanie." there was a giggle that followed this, and she worked on washing her skin and running her fingers through her hair.

Soon enough, they finished washing, and Shanza got up to follow Shi wherever she was going. she knew this place obviously, and so she trusted that her friend would lead them to the right place. Her mind, however, was still on what Shi Shen's little surprise might be.

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Shi Sen led them to an out-door enclosure surrounded by walls that matched those of the previous room, only there was no ceiling to shield them from the elements. Slabs and piles of grey rock rose and fell in circles around large pools of water. The water itself was still and clear as glass, but a thick steam hovered above it and made parts of the mirrorous liquid look clouded.

"If you think I'm mean now, wait til you see what I have in store.' Shi joined the song of her giggle with one of her own and let the towel around the vuluptuous curves of her body fall. She dipped a toe in the steaming hot water. Allowing her body to get used to it, she let the rest of her body follow.
Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:38 am

Marian Sandega Shanza

Shanza smiled at at the beautifully constructed area that they had just walked into, and admired the crystal clear water, and took a whiff of the steam that surrounded them. Places like this were totally best experienced while naked. As a result, she ditched her towel fairly quickly. Shi had seen all of it anyways, and in a bath house of all places, nudity was practically expected to be seen.

"oh dear..." Shanza gasped with a playful giggle. "should I be worried?" she slid right in, deciding to get it all over at once, and it paid off. she felt nice and comfortable, even letting the hot water run of her face and hair for a moment before her head resurfaced. She stretched, and then relaxed, getting comfortable. She would definitely not be complaining. Still... she wondered what Shi Shen's plans were, and what orange and yellow had to do with it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping cool   Keeping cool - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping cool
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3