The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shi Sen Tao

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

EXP : 1105

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Full Name: Shi Sen Tao
Element: Earth
Birthplace: a suburb of Ba Sing Se
Position: None
Training: Bending: intermediate, Dancing: expert, acting: master, singing (we don't talk about it)

Personality: (60)
A clever, cunning and highly intellectual artist. Her bending is a direct result of her dancing and, despite the usual heaviness of earthbending, manages to retain its graceful nature. Although she can manage to keep a lady-like calm, there are a few topics that can raise her ire to an almost outrageous level.  She does tend to look down her nose at people who aren't as well educated or as cultured as she is.  However, she is not above the simeple pleasure of a full-belly and a place too nap it off.  She enjoys her luxuries, but if necessary, she will begrudgingly throw them to the side.  

Her methods in problem solving are somewhat Machiavellian, but not in the popularly misunderstood sense of the word.  It just means that she tends to favor the means justifying the ends more often than not.  She is willing to do just about anything to satisfy a goal or an ambition, whether it be a solo want or a group need.

Abilities: Her style of dance is based in part on the Kyoshi warrior stance with the same sort of sweeping motion of the feet and hands. Her fans, though not deadly, are extensions of her arms and sometimes serve to aid her maneuvering in the dark. Considering she has limited vision, she feels her way around with her feet and fans in places that aren't well-lit or have uneven terrain. Aside from that she makes a mean cup of tea and arranges flowers by color, height and smell.

Appearance: She usually wears a fairly long embroidered green kimono with the obi tied in the front.  Her hair is elaborately styled, but firmly anchored around her head to avoid loose strands in her face.  She is fairly short and a little stalky with a larger bust, but utilizes her low center of gravity to not only help her bend, but dance as well.  Her eyes are a dull grey with a tinge of blue. They are seldom focused in the same direction as she is truely looking. It may appear that she is looking to the left of you when she's actually looking directly at you. Her hair is a vibrant red with tinges of orange in sunlight. She keeps it well ornamented, but nothing too ridiculous.
Height: 5ft 1in
Weight: 172lbs
Eyes: grey-blue
Hair: Red-Orange
Skin:palled, with white makeup it's even more so.

History:
Born to wealthy land-owners outside of Ba Sing Se, Shi Sen was the oldest of two children .  Her younger brother died at birth and sadly claimed the life of her mother as well.  Distraught, her father chose to focus a mixture of positive and negative attention on her.  On the positive side, he showered her with love and even a few gifts every now and then.  He sent her to school, and took an interest in her studies.  On the negative side, she had to replace the wife and son that were lost to him.  Aside from doing some of the more complicated chores  that part-time servants weren't trusted to do, she was to attend school, learn her crafts, garner good marks and, most important to him, find a husband.  Although she was well suited to do most of the tasks her father set before her, chores and marriage were not her top priority.

When she grew too old to be pushed around by her father, or rather, when he grew too old to push her around, She left her home and moved permanently into Ba Sing Se.  She'd been to parts of it very frequently over the years to participate in lessons and dance practice, but the time had finally come for her to live there rather than just visit. It is there that she works with a performance troupe and (in much quieter circles) a courtesan.

Neither actors nor courtesans are exactly smiled upon in the public, family oriented socity, and she often wonders why she goes through the trials and tribulations associated with her career choices.  But then she is suddenly on stage and forgets that she ever questioned her lifestyle.  The same is true when she is dancing privately or serving tea to a wealthy patron who just wants someone to keep them company and satisfy an need or two.  More often than not, there is minimal physical need and maximum emotional service.

Last edited by Shi Sen on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 pm

so judging by abilities, I would wager that you're shooting for an intermediate character.

totally fine and stuff. You just need to flesh out the fields a bit more. add a few more words to them to reach the appropriate limits (minimum 140 for personality/appearance/abilities, and 320 for history). What you have so far is good though; you just need to add more to it.
(also. nothing wrong with a little meat on her bones. not everyone is thin and petite. I like that)
Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Sweet, I'll change that around.  I chose an intermediate bender because bending isn't really her primary go-to skill.  She's a great bender, but an even better liar.  I've been role playing for a while, so I'm not too worried about playing with others who aren't beginners or intermediates.

I fixed it up a little. Just let me know if I need to tweek it a little more.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:40 am

it's almost there. just a little more on appearance, and then flesh out her abilities a bit more (140 words I believe?). if you need ideas as to what to include there, elaborate a bit on what kind of style(s) of bending she knows and uses, and that sort of thing.

you're almost there. =]
Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Alrighty, I think I've got her abilities flushed out and I added more to her appearance. And I'm working on a portrait of her for the bio and a character image for the avatar (Ha!) So hopefully things are looking better. Thanks for being so patient.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 am

and now the criteria are met. APPROVED!
Shi Sen Tao Soa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shi Sen Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shi Sen Tao   Shi Sen Tao Empty

Back to top Go down

Shi Sen Tao
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: