The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bender is Great!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pyro
Pyro

EXP : 430

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Pyro was walking down the road of the Fire Fountain City while drinking a beer and singing his self-proclaimed theme song; "Bender is great, oh Bender is great! Bender, Bender, Bender!" At the end of the song he finally finished every last drop of beer. A cow hippo was eating a bucket of steak outside of a building and there were no people around. The drunken Firebender smashed the empty bottle on top of the animal's dead and knocked it out cold.

Putting a peppermint into his mouth to mask the smell of alcohol as he then began performing magic tricks in the center of the town as soon where the old statue of Ozai used to be as people exited the buildings from the sound of the animal crying out in pain. "Hey, everybody! Watch me!" Pyro stated as he formed a ball of fire in his hands and converted them into doves that flew away.

The shocked citizens suddenly began to clap in confusion to what they had just seen. "Oh yeah, baby! You all love me!" Bender called out and started dancing for no apparent reason. "Woohoo!!! Everybody do the Bender!" Everybody in the crowd gave the drunkard a blank stare as they did not know exactly what to make of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Z. Katara Len

Fire Fountain City was one of the few places in the world that Katara enjoyed. Normally she was much more of one for quieter more reclusive areas, but there was something about this city that would always draw her back. She did know that it was the home of the Raidens, the matriarch of which was a blind master that Katara dreamed of one day learning from, but she was essentially a street urchin with no real connection to any of the higher-class nobility such as Zelgius Sanaki, and so all the two really had in common were that they were blind women and that Katara's middle name matched Sanaki's surname.

A particularly awkward display caught her attention this time, and so Katara drew herself towards it, but did not need to jostle through any crowds. she wouldn't be able to see it anyways. She got close enough just to hear it, but after a few seconds, realized that this guy was completely insane, and so did a 180 pivot on her heel, and turned around to walk the other way, seeking solace, and peace and quiet.
Mood: Neutral
Condition: Surprisingly well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Bender's actions caught the attention of a young girl around his age that he could vaguely make out. She seemed to be turned off by his actions as she turned away and began to walk in the opposite direction. "Wait, where ya goin'!?" Pyro called out as he ran after the girl he seemed to be strangely attracted to. He had no idea that the girl he was chasing down happened to be blind. He ran up behind her and gently grabbed her shoulder, "Don't leave! I haven't even performed my greatest trick yet!"

He pulled out a deck of cards as the girl turned around, he didn't look directly into her eyes as he guided her hand to the deck to grab a card, hold it up to her face, and then place it back in the deck. He then rapidly shuffled the cards in a rapid succession and pulled out the card that she had placed back into the deck. With a huge grin on his face he called out, "Is THIS your card!?" The drunk teen's breath was surprisingly minty.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara found herself getting pulled aside by this same lunatic who was apparently trying to sell himself to her. Well... he was in for a surprise. She went through the motions, her glazed, blind eyes staring blankly forward.

Maybe the cane and her eyes didn't give it away, but she remained silent, not really being one to talk too much. the metal plates on her gloved hands were somewhat cool surprisingly, but her fingertips were hot.
after he pulled out a card, which very well might have been the one she had chosen, she stared at him blankly.
"You do realize that I can't see a damn thing, right?" she quipped in a deadpan tone dripping with so much sarcasm that she almost made a (metaphorical) mess. She followed up with a light whack from her cane, whichi wouldn't be enough to actually hurt, but might sting for a second or two.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm

"You do realize that I can't see a damn thing, right?" The woman quipped as Pyro looked into her eyes. He noticed the scars and her pale eyes. She was blind. Bender was about to facepalm, but was interrupted from doing so by being whacked in the shoulder by the woman's cane and dropped the cards on the ground. It stung slightly, but not enough for the teen to let out any indication of pain. He simply rubbed his shoulder and examined the girl more thoroughly. Her attire screamed Fire Nation while his was a black outfit.

"Oh! I am so sorry!" Pyro apologized while leaning in and hugging the blind girl in the least hostile way he possibly could. "I had no idea that you could not see. I was only trying to impress you because I think you're beautiful. But now that I know you can't see... I don't think there is much I can do."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Z. Katara Len

She gave him an odd, slightly confused look. "Why'd you want to impress me?" she shrugged, "I'm just a scar-faced nobody."
She was not looking for pity. she just preferred being a nameless scarred girl, ebcause it drew less attention to herself, and she preferred being by herself.

"No hard feelings about the whack, right?" she put her cane back on the ground, still gripping it in one hand, "I'm not exactly well-versed in handling "suitors"..."
as dry as her voice had been earlier, she was not intending sarcasm with this either. More than anything, her tone sounded like a worn out girl who had been through too much for her age and had seen far more in her life than she was able to properly handle.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Letting go of the girl; Pyro looked into her blank eyes. The girl seemed to be down on herself. She was quite beautiful, somuch that the scars did not even bother him in the slightest. He had honestly seen much worse in their life. "How could you say that? You're the prettiest one out in this entire city! He stated with total honesty in his voice. He truly felt this way and he wasn't simply trying to get laid like many of the people in the area began to assume.

The girl placed her cane back on the ground after asking if there were any hard feelings. "Of course not!" He smiled "I got hit harder than that every day in training while growing up." He took her by the hand and gently led her over to an ice cream stand and bought the two vanilla ice cream cones. He then placed the cone in the girl's hand and smiled. He hoped she would enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was not exactly sure how to handle compliments. "I... erm.." she scratched her head, "surely I'm not the only one. what REALLY got your attention. it was the scars, wasn't it? or my eyes?"
She might have also suggested that it might be the color of her skin, but she was blind, and so she did not know the color of anyone else's skin either. the wounds on her face were pretty gnarly. they looked like bloodied gashes that had never fully healed.

"good to know we're on equal ground then." she shrugged. after he bought her an ice cream cone, she looked confused again, especially after tasting it.
"What's... what's this for?"
It was not that she had been abused or neglected. there was trauma in her past, but that was beside the point. Mostly, Katara was just fond of being left alone, and so was not used to receiving things.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Bender could not refrain from laughing at her suggestion that the scars on her eyes is what pointed her out of the crowd. "If I had noticed your eyes, do you REALLY think I would have tried to show you a magic trick?" He laughed. He honestly thought the scars looked "neat" in terms of diversity and unique beauty. She then asked what the ice cream cone was for. He grabbed her free hand and led her to a bench to sit down as he licked the ice cream off of his own cone.

"It's a gesture of kindness from somebody who wants to be your friend." He stated while sitting down with the girl and forgetting to let go of her hand.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Z. Katara Len

"people can have scars on their eyes without being blind." she shrugged, "I happen to just be both."
It didn't really bother her anymore other than her not knowing what she looked like. Pretty, ugly, scarred, colorful... she remembered these words, but she was not sure if people were just pitying her or if they really meant it. She was slow to trust people, as it had been people that had put her in the state she was in now. it would be a difficult relationship to patch up.

Katara's hand was mostly covered, the cool feeling of metal combined with the texture of the gloves themselves, with her hot fingertips poking out of the ends. she crossed her legs, but only at the ankles. She had on a pair of large, pointed Fire Nation boots as well.

"well... why do you want to be my friend?" she asked somewhat curiously. She was mostly asking because she was not sure about it, not being used to social company.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 pm

"Because... You're an outcast, like me. And us outcasts need to watch each other's backs. Because if we don't look out for each other, nobody else will." Pyro shrugged as he continued to eat his cone of vanilla ice cream while still holding the girls hand. "You should probably eat that, before it melts." He stated with a slight laugh of amusement.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I chose my exile." she shrugged, "I... I could go back..."
she contemplated visiting the home that was technically now hers since her remaining family was no longer there to live in it. That was back in the Fire Nation Capital though, and she didn't want to go back there.

After he mentioned her ice cream, she downed it in two bites, spewing a fine stream of steam from her mouth from the cold and the heat meeting. it made her burp, and she reacted to it by wiping her mouth with her arm. She was not the most hygienic girl in the Fire Nation, but she didn't smell bad either. She could probably use a bath, however.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 pm

"Oh?" Bender asked while taking another bite off of his cone. "Well where are you from?" he asked with a mouthful of ice cream. The girl took two bites of her cone and burped out a mist to show her cool breath. Her antics made Pyro chuckle. "It couldn't possibly be worst than my family. I said good riddance to those bunk of circus freaks." he laughed once again as he released her hand, stretched, and performed the lame arm over shoulder tactic while scooting closer to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Capital," she shrugged, "though I'm usually found here or in Si Wong in the Earth Kingdom, or somewhere between here and there. What about you? what's your name even?"

"I could take a beating if it didn't mean that I lost my eyesight and my family." she shook her head, "Still. that does suck. you had friends of some sort though, didn't you?"
she did not immediately react to his not-so-subtle movements, but she did seem to be wary of them.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Pyro shook his head at her question. He actually had no friends while growing up. Performing for the circus meant cutting all ties with anybody while living on the road and moving from place to place. This made it that much easier to say goodbye. It was probably why Bender acted the way that he did. However, he seemed pretty happy with his life. So that was always something to smile about. Seeing as he had just recently got out of "reform school".

"Nah, can't say that I have. Always been kind of a loner. Even while attending school here, I never had much use for friends." He explained, "I just like to keep to myself. You know what I mean?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I prefer solitude. and peace as well. I do not like to draw attention to myself. that's where we differ."
She was one for the peace and quiet, and despite her great power, she did not often flaunt it, preferring to remain small and quiet and unknown to the world. her life was not their business, just as she knew the world was not her business. it was a fair trade in her mind.

Even before her PTSD, Katara had always been rather introverted. after the trauma in her life, she became somewhat antisocial, although eventually matured and calmed down to the point where she was now.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:32 am

"Well, you got me there." He admitted. "I'm not really one known for subtlety. But then again, I was raised as a performer. So being the center of attention is really the only thing I am good at." He shrugged while keeping his arm around the blind girl. The Firebender then finished eating his ice cream cone before letting out a burp of his own. However, his burp let out a small flame that escaped his mouth.

Looking over at the girl; he smiled "I'm not really one known for manners either. So how did you lose your eyesight anyways? Was it a training accident?" He asked plainly. He wasn't trying to be rude. It was just his natural curiosity getting the better of him.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I guess whatever puts bread on the table." she shrugged, "I couldn't do something that required me to be the center of attention. so... kudos to you."

Katara snorted. "I wish it was just a training accident. It would have made my life so much easier. one thing is certain though... it's not something I openly talk about."
She did not like to relive those events, as horrifying as they were. it had been the end of her eyesight, but more importantly, the end of her childhood; the end of her family--the end of her life.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm

It appeared he had unintentionally struck a nerve by asking the girl something so personal. He felt like he should apologize, but found it unnecessary. The girl seemed tough. Somewhat timid, but still tough enough to get over something that was obviously not done on purpose. His arm was still around her shoulder, which even he had forgotten at this point as it remained there.

"Well, you know..." Pyro began to say while pondering if the girl enjoyed being blind or not. "You could always get your sight back if you wanted to. You would just have to take a journey to the Northern Water Tribe." He explained while looking at the girl, "They have this special water there that has the ability to even bring the recently dead back to life. So I am sure restoring eyesight would be no problem for the healers up there."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Z. Katara Len

she mumbled a bit. "I am not sure I want to."she indicated, "at least not with all the shit I've dealt with. but... can it heal something so scarred? it's not like my eyes simply stopped working."

the gashes on her face went right over her eyes, and so while it may not have looked it much, her eyes had sustained damage before she had gone blind.
She sighed softly, not sure if this miracle water was actually real or just talked about in legends. it did sound intriguing, especially for the girl who had not seen her face in several years... but at the same time, sounded more like a reassuring myth, at best.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Bender shrugged at her question "I don't see why not." he stated plainly, not sure what else to say. "But just for the record, you look pretty badass with the scars." he admitted with a smile. "They seem to compliment your beauty. However, I am sure this water can heal both the scars and your eyesight. Anything is possible in this world" he reassured her and then gave her a hug
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

she shrugged. "I'll keep it in mind." she shrugged, not exactly wanting to make a great and legendary trek up there just yet. She hadn't even mastered her powers of bending yet. she was not ready for any kind of healing ritual, even if it worked.

she sighed calmly, surprisingly not reacting when he gave her a hug. normally she was very aversive to being touched, in fear of getting hurt again, but this had lowered her guard enough that she let it slide, but did become more wary again.

"what was that for?" she asked timidly; a bit curiously as well. it was not to say that she didn't like it. but rare was the occasion when she received a hug.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm

"Just showing a sign of trust." the Firebender answered plainly as he released the woman. "Just keep in mind that not everybody is out to hurt you. There are still kind and decent people in the world. Sadly, I am neither of these. I am just able to act kind on rare occasions." he admitted as he then gave her a kiss on the forehead.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara shook her head. "they'll catch up to me sooner or later. people always do."
she folded her arms, leaning forward a little.
"I'm not out to get people, but when they drop the act to come at me, I take them down. It's nothing personal. It is just necessary to ensure that those who died do not do so in vain."

she did seem perturbed by the idea that she had perhaps been played, but she kept her calm for the time being.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pyro
Pyro

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Bender stood up and apologised to the girl while giving a respectful Fire Nation bow, even though she would be unable to see it. "I am sorry for deceiving you. I just saw a beautiful girl with the look of a warrior and I knew I had to get to know her." He explained as he took her by the hand and began walking her into a shop.

"Here, let me make it up to you." The Firebender smiled as he ordered the two each a bowl of ramen noodles. This was the greatest noodle shop in the Fire Nation, and Pyro was paying for everything. The two were seated in a booth and brought their noodles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bender is Great! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bender is Great!   Bender is Great! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bender is Great!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next