The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

EXP : 8500
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Fire Nation General
Nation: Fire Nation

The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] Empty
PostSubject: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm

General Mei Fong

How could a man be expected to tolerate such abject disrespect from others? How could he sit by ignoring the obvious fact that people hated him? The answer was clear; He couldn't. The explosive rage bottled inside Mei's figure was growing to a pressure to great for even the Firelord herself to stop. The flame of anger, and frustration. The flames that couldn't be extinguished by a simple exchange of soft words.

No, Mei's heart and mind burned, and it was all due to one fatal flaw in everything. The ship he'd been on was back in the Capital, and Xiayu seemed to be at loath to leave him alone in his state. He was fuming, literally, smoke trails and flames spouting from his mouth whenever he breathed. He had few cares in the world, strangely enough, it seemed his duties as General were less a chore than a necessary evil. And Zulera. He couldn't seem to evacuate the image of her burned into his mind.

The torture didn't end there, however. Shula on vacation with a no-name, no-right-to-take-the-Firelord boy, and now he wandered through the Fire Fountain City in a rage, people avoiding his over-heating figure like wildfire. It wasn't just blind anger, it was a combination of so much that all he wanted to do was burn something. Anything would do, really. But he resisted, he always resisted. Never released, never allowed the pain or anger to escape. No tears at funerals, nothing.

He lacked the ability to truly release emotion. What Zulera had seen had been but the tiniest taste of it, barely enough to even touch the surface. Barely enough to calm him down at all.

He walked patiently out of the city, and into the mountains nearby, ignoring the trees, ignoring the scenery, blasting massive, intense flames into the area around him, effectively blackening even the soil. The rage had been built up over 30 years of misery, loss, and pressure, and no flame existed that could match the current, overpowering heat they created. Not at that moment, at least.

Mood: Raging
Condition: Stressed-to-Breaking-Point

Lieutenant Xiayu

Xiayu had never felt unsafe around Mei, not even when he did get angry. He was usually so collected, and calm, but this last pointless endeavor seemed to have caused the solidity of his mind to snap. What with Kai being arrested for attempting to murder the Firelord, no real reprecussions. She feared he may burn down the entire city in his current mood.

She spent pretty much the whole time warning people, keeping hot on Mei's trail, trying to speak, but the words were caught in her throat. He wasn't crazy, she knew how he'd grown up, knew how...unemotional he could be. This was what worried her. Normal Firebenders have releases, have chances to let their emotions go. Mei had bottle all of that for his whole life, and now...now his rage was turning into flames of magma-level temperatures, scalding the earth, turning rock to liquid, burning trees into nothingness.

She shielded herself from the repeated blasts, but was very aware of the massive energy each blast contained, he couldn't keep them up for too long, right?

Mood: Afraid and Worried
Condition: Stressed

Last edited by Mei Fong on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek sat comfortably in his study which overlooked the scenic surroundings of the Zelgius-Raiden estate. He was going through some of his old maps, reminiscing on some of the adventures he had in faraway places over the years. His peaceful afternoon was interrupted by a feint, but strange sound echoing outside. He peeked up and looked through the window to see a pillar of smoke rising just outside of the town. This of course was very peculiar and Tarek immediately stood up and packed away his maps. He was curious and wanted to investigate.

As he left the house he called out to Sanaki. “Sweetie, I am just going out for a bit, there is something strange happening outside of town and I want to take a look!” With that he left, walking down the path that led out of the estate and towards the smoke.

He soon reached the site of the strange occurrence and found that it was none other than fellow General and firebending master, Mei Fong. He seemed to be very angry and was pelting the ground with vicious, rage-fueled fire blasts. Tarek also noticed that someone was with Mei, but he didn’t recognize her. Tarek stepped out, revealing himself, “Mei?" He asked loudly, over the roar of the flames, “by the avatar...what on earth are you doing?”

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm

General Mei Fong

Mei's blasts didn't fail, or faulter, or even grow weaker as time passed. He did, however, notice, that no matter how much of his emotion he poured into the flames, he didn't feel any better. He question if scorching the countryside was such a good idea just as a familiar voice interrupted his thoughts. The burning scenery around him dimmed slightly, and he turned, in the most proffessional of ways, he adjusted his jacket, keeping his gaze on Tarek.

He smiled politely, "Nothing at all. What makes you think I'm doing something?" He hardly moved, as if made of stone. His right eye twitched occasionally, and his hands, arms, and neck were visibly tense. He wasn't the same Mei as he usually was, he had a fire in his eyes that overpowered any emotion, it was just flames, and a void beyond.

Lieutenant Xiayu

Xiayu swallowed worriedly, at this rate, the city would wind being burned down. And the blasts grew no weaker, in fact, they seemed to get stronger. Worst of all was the approach of a man that she recognized as Tarek Raiden. Just what she needed, a man of equal prowess here to investigate the disturbance.

She wanted to usher him away, but wasn't about to attempt asking a Master Firebender anything that might upset him. Instead, she stood there, watching the two with a wide-eyed fear, her hands wringing together compulsively. If they fought here...

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek paused and turned to Lieutenant Xiayu with a worried look; he recognized her of course, as he did all ranking officers in the military, being a General himself. She looked nervous and Tarek gestured with his head for her to step back. He wasn’t expecting any trouble, but something was definitely off about this whole situation. He turned back to Mei. “You are burning everything in sight Mei,” he replied calmly before taking a step towards his clearly agitated friend, “are you okay? What brings you to my neck of the woods?” he asked cautiously, noticing that Mei was particularly tense.

Mood: Cautious

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:32 pm

General Mei Fong

"I realize this, Tarek.", he replied, deceptively calm. His hands were clenched into tight fists behind his back, he was in no rush to get into another spat with Tarek, not after they'd, along with Kako, almost caused a volcano into a premature eruption during their last fight. Messy business. His face held almost no emotion, and the flames around him seemed to fade as he repressed his anger.

"Can you believe Shula would let a traitor off with prison time when he'd been the cause of death to quite a large amount of innocent people? If it had been anyone else, they'd have been killed instantly, but no, he gets to sit around in a prison, relaxing, while some people are being buried right now, because of what he caused."

"I don't know what brought me here, luck. I admit it's a nice surpise, seeing you.", he said, turning, and with a flourish of his hands, he brought the flames back to his body, absorbing them, observing the charred earth before him. He'd have to unleash this elsewhere.

Lieutenant Xiayu

Xiayu glanced at Tarek, stepping back, knowing he was a General, quite the warrior, in fact, but...flames like that could have melted iron. She looked back at Mei, and turned slowly, walking down to the bottom of the hill, leaving Tarek to handle what she could not.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek was pleased to see that Mei was calming down, if only slightly. Regardless, it was a start. He watch the young Lieutenant walk off he couldn’t help but wonder for how long Mei had been feeling like this and what exactly was causing this amount rage to well up inside of him. Soon however, Mei explained exactly why.

Tarek bowed his head and nodded. “You are talking about Kashikoi Kai aren’t you?” he said in a calm tone, he was starting to see what this was all about. Tarek knew the story of course, and unfortunately wasn’t in the Capital when Kai and his men attacked, however it was Tarek who strongly advocated for Shula to keep Kai alive. He looked up at Mei with a serious, but understanding face. “I hate Kai just as much you Mei,” he started, “I fought him in Ba Sing Se, I saw first-hand the sick, gruesome experiments he performed on innocent people and the way he desecrated their corpses.” He said with a tinge of resentment in his voice.

“I know how Kako followed him to Sun Warrior City, where he planned to capture Dragons to aid him in psychotic, genocidal schemes…I know how he attacked the palace, and went after Shula and killed so many of our people…some of them our friends!”
He paused for a moment and stepped toward Mei, placing his hand on his friends shoulder. “So I know where you are coming from…but Mei, for people like Kai, dying is too easy…It’s a way out…an escape from all the vile atrocities they have committed. You saw him when he was captured, he is a broken man and he will live the rest of his days in a dark hole, with the faces of all those he killed forever etched into his mind. He is starved of all companionship, of all comfort and he will have no solace.” He paused and looked up into Mei’s eyes. “Kashikoi *will* die Mei…He will die alone, in that cell. He will not escape, he will not hurt anyone else, he won’t even see another human face apart from his guards again.”

Mood: Understanding

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 am

General Mei Fong

Mei stood quiely, his hands slowly unclenching, eyes closing, breathing steadying. He knew a time would come when he would be able to unleash his fury without restraint, this peace, it was beautiful, but he knew it couldn't last forever, even the strongest damn ever built will shatter eventually. He needed only to wait.

"Yes, the traitor Admiral...", he replied cooly, bringing his arms around, hanging them at his sides. "You weren't trained alongside him, you didn't see the promise he had, you weren't there the day he ran out Firelord through, and then surrendered..." His jaw tensed, "You didn't see him give up rather than face the fate he deserved. He lived his life alone, but he deserved to burn for his crimes."

"He turned his back on his Nation, killed people, only he knows how many innocent lives went to waste because of him. He soiled an already tarnished image of our Nation, spilled blood over our banner, soaked the hatred people still hold for us, still burning from Sozin, and his bloodline's slaughter of the Air Nomads. Don't you realize that someone like him doesn't deserve lonliness, I've had my share of that, but the wounds I recieved on my back hurt more than any amount of lonliness ever could."

"He didn't just hurt himself, he lashed out at everyone, and the least he deserved was to be burned alive for his crimes..." He paused, exhaling softly, a strangely dim flame appearing rather than the usual invisible breath, "But...I suppose there isn't any real justice in that approach...you live around here, eh?", he asked, a sudden change to a lighter topic not unusual for him, especially after a sort of confession.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek listened calmly to Mei as he spoke, nodding occasionally to some of the points he made. Of course, different people had different thoughts regarding the fate of the traitorous Admiral and half-brother of the Firelord, but there was no real right or wrong choice in deciding what to do with him. Tarek smiled slightly as Mei continued talking, he could see that this was an issue close to his heart, and that he had given it a lot of thought. He knew Mei to be a man of strong convictions and although they didn’t always agree on everything, he had always respected Mei for that very reason.

When Mei changed the subject, Tarek decided not to bring Kai up again until Mei wanted to,*if* he ever wanted to.
“I do,” Tarek replied with a smile. He turned and pointed to the Zelgius Estate, which was just visible over the trees, “right over there, just outside the city with my wife, Sanaki and my darling children.” He paused and turned back to Mei, “of which I don’t believe you have met either, you’re welcome to accompany me back if you wish.” He said in a friendly tone, “it would be nice to have some company.” He continued.
Truthfully, Tarek hoped Mei would accept his offer. Of course he knew Mei from work and as a General, but he didn’t really *know* Mei as well as he should’ve, and he planned to change that.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

General Mei Fong

Mei had to admit, although there was a clear difference between Tarek and himself, he liked him. He may even seek to keep him by as a friend if he got the chance. He knew there may have been judgement, he wasn't very good at talking, least of all to someone who had, not only the same power, but more. A word in the Firelord's ear could turn even the most prestigious man into scum, one word, and an entire family could fall. That was real power. Advising a ruler to a Nation.

Of course, his darker, angrier thoughts faded, and he turned a lightened gaze upon the estate. He doubted he'd ever find a more suitable place for peace and quiet for a Firebender, upwind of the city, no doubt, the air fresh and crisp, detached from this world's troubles, but there should anyone be seeking his aid.

A small, serene smile appeared on his face, and his words came surprisingly softer than they had been when discussing Kai, "You've lived quite a fruitful life...", he said, "More than I can say for many others, including myself. Well, seeing as how you took the trouble to come here and talk with me...and seeing as how we've hardly spoken much, or really even know eachother aside from the words of others."

"I would be honored.", he said, clearly moved by having even been asked, even more so by the fact that he could tell that Tarek *actually* wanted his company.

Mood: Calmed
Condition: Honored

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek smiled at Mei’s comments. “The honour is all mine,” he said in a sincere tone. With a grin, he gestured for Mei to follow him and as they walked toward his house, Tarek spoke: “Fruitful? I guess so, though I have not always lived liked this… Although I am somewhat wealthy, I never cared for money, I lived many years as a traveller and scholar with little more than the clothes on my back…my true treasure was knowledge.” He explained, before looking up with a happy, reminiscent smile. "My happiness though, comes from my family, they are my entire world. Without them, I would still be alone, digging in some ruin in the Earth Kingdom.” He smiled. He wasn’t bragging or boasting about what he had, Tarek was a humble man, and he was just sharing his experiences with a friend.

“So I learned long ago, that a selfish life can never truly be fruitful. Only a life shared or spent with someone you love will bring that ever elusive bliss we all search so hard for, into our grasps.” He paused, “Well that’s my view anyway.” He continued with a chuckle. “We all see the world differently.”

“Sorry if I tend to go on a bit,” he smiled, “I tend to just keep going once I start! See why I don’t just pull people over and start chatting during work time?” he chuckled, referring to the fact that they never talked much before. “Also, I have always been worried you decide to randomly attack me again for no reason,” he joked, referring to the recent fight with Kako. Tarek hardly ever held a judge, and he grinned at Mei indicating that it was just good-natured teasing.

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

General Mei Fong

Mei found himself smiling, to any sane person, it'd seem like Mei's ability to recover emotionally was unmatched. "Physical gold is hardly comparison to having people who love you.", he said, having been one who lived with nothing but physical wealth. "Ah, yes...quite the archeologist, I've heard."

He walked alongside you, nodding, "You're quite right, I think. The world's hardly worth living in without having people beside you. Significant others." He faultered slightly as the soft warmth of Zul's image brushed into his mind, and he decided, that, after he'd finished responding, he'd ask for an opinion. Who better to ask than a man who was familiar with what love felt like.

"I don't mind it, to be quite honest, I'm usually a better listener, than speaker, especially on issues I have a weak opinion on. One would have to have had experience with such things to actively discuss them." He chuckled lightly, "Well...I'd like to apologize for that...again.", he said, knowing, full well, he was joking, but he felt it was necessary, "I'd had a bad day...and...strangely, of all things, it was the way the light from the lava caught on your head that set me off...I rather regret that action."

"I had a...run in with the Avatar recently...if you don't mind it...I ws hoping you won't mind giving me some advice, seeing as how you're...well, in a stable relationship..."

Mood: Calmed
Condition: Honored

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Tarek Raiden

Mei seemed to have recovered a little, and was soon calmly responding to Tarek’s comments. Tarek smiled and nodded as he spoke, agreeing with what he said. When Mei explained why he had attacked him however, Tarek couldn’t help but chuckle. “The light from the lava?” he asked in a slightly confused tone, stopping himself for going on, deciding that he probably wouldn’t get it. “It’s no problem…we firebenders sometimes need to let off some steam no?” He continued with a grin as they kept on walking.

Mei’s next question actually made Tarek stop. “Wait, you are in a relationship with the Avatar?” he asked curiously. Of course he didn’t disapprove of it in any way, but the avatar was arguably the most important person in the world and so Tarek was understandably a little surprised. “Well, I am honoured that you would ask me advice on something like this, and I’ll be happy to help you however I can Mei,” he said sincerely.

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:16 pm

General Mei Fong

"It's hard to explain.", he said, chuckling, "I'm rather surprised we didn't end up killing one another, considering how much kick we all kept putting into every attack...glad we didn't though." He nodded in agreement, "Definately so, it was you who said a Firebender who can't control himself can't truly control his bending, right? Heard that comment mentioned alongside your name a few times."

Mei paused alongside Tarek, "Well...yes, engaged to her, actually.", he said, somewhat proud, not of the fact it was the Avatar, but just to be engaged to such a beautiful woman at all. "Of all people, I'd least expect myself of ever finding someone...but I'll be damned if she doesn't make me happy..." He nodded, "Well, to be honest, and as you surely know...I don't own a home of my own, my salary has just...well, stacked up over the years...surely this wasn't the only estate you looked at before you purchased it and settled in...I was hoping you might have some advice about somewhere else..."

He actually seemed to have what may have been described as butterfly-moths in his stomach, "Somewhere we can expect snow every winter."

Mood: Happy
Condition: Sheepish

Back to top Go down
Arashi
Arashi

EXP : 809

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Arashi

“Perhaps I can help with that?” A smooth voice echoed as it approached them. The Count gave a short bow to the two. “Ah! Tarek! A pleasure to see you again! Under cheerier circumstances as well!” he said as he bowed once more. It seemed that his daily walk was going to be far more productive than ever before. Not only was a highly decorated general to be married, he was marrying the Avatar it seemed. This was a moment he could not hope to pass up.

“I have some property up in the mountains I am not using. Perhaps you can take if off my hands? I’ll give you a fair price of course. I’ll throw in my maids and butlers I have there if you wish! I’ll even pay for your wedding, I love parties! It saves your hard earned gold, and the exposure it would bring all of us would be extremely beneficial!”
With a smile, he raised an eyebrow. “Oh my apologies, allow me to introduce myself. Count Arashi Atsushi of Arashi Industries, restaurants, and owner of various local places of nightlife. My name tends to precede me, but my face is yet to be as widely known.”

Mood:Glad
Condition: great
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:25 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek let out a chuckle. “True, we were really going at it…though I honestly believed you and Kako were guilty of murdering that archaeological team. I’m glad we got it sorted out in the end though.”
He nodded. “Yes, I did say that, unlike most other firebenders, I do not use the powerful emotion of rage to fuel my bending. Even though it produces great power, rage clouds our thinking, and it also limits our bending severely or at least that is what I have found.” He explained, if Mei wanted to know more of Tarek’s philosophy, he would gladly elaborate. He knew many ancient secrets and techniques, and wasn't afraid to share them

Tarek smiled sincerely at his next comment. “Congratulations Mei!” he said patting Mei’s back, “that’s great news! I wish you all the best of course…when did this happen?” he asked curiously.

Tarek looked up towards the estate with a smile. “Oh, we never had to look for a home or purchase one," He said in reply to Mei's next comment, "the estate has been part of Sanaki’s family for generations. She’s a noble you see, as well as a brilliant actor, dancer and singer....she is quite famous in these parts, perhaps you will even recognize her from one of her plays,” he smiled. “But I digress, in essence, we just moved right in to her family’s mansion and started out lives together.”

Tarek did pause and gave some thought to Mei’s question though, he was a world traveler and knew of many places he could recommend to Mei. However, before he could answer his friend, a familiar voice rang out, and a suspicious look suddenly came over Tarek’s face. “Count Arashi,” he said with a short, but respectful bow, his eyes meeting Arashi’s, wondering what the man who he had interrogated not long before under suspicion of slavery, prostitution and hosting illegal fighting matches, was doing so close to his home. “This is my fellow General Mei Fong,” he said politely, keeping things professional, after all, this man had donated much wealth to the Royal Family, and to the Fire Nation in general. “What brings you all the way out here?” he asked curiously.

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki's hearing was often underestimated or overlooked due to the power of her motion sense. however, she was very aware of things going on around her because of the sounds and likes taht she heard. in this case, she was simply wandering the house when she heard traces of conversation outside her door. perhaps her lovee was nearby?

she stepped out to find Tarek, as well as General Mei, and a man she didn't recognize other than knowing that he was a noble of the shadier variety.
"oh..." she said softly, "did I intrude upon something?"
perhaps this was a gentleman's conversation, but even as silly as she could sometimes be, Sanaki knew fully well how to act proper and look dignified. over her beautiful body was her brilliant kimono, her long black hair flowing down her back. she waited to see who would respond.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

General Mei Fong

When Tarek responded, Mei smiled lightly, "I still can't believe Kako did that.", he said quietly, shrugging. "I'll never fully understand why he does many of the things he does. Sometimes his reactions and actions baffle me terribly, or just make me angry..."

"I try to live by that philosophy...but I find that, even when I'm angry, my Chi control is still well above the average man. The only problem is heat control, I'm practically blasting out magma when I reach my breaking point."

He chuckled softly, "Thank you, you'll be the first person who knows, aside from her and myself, of course." He paused thoughtfully, "I want to say a week, but the time I tried to get Kai sentenced more severely...it may have been longer. She's busy, I'm busy. It's rather funny how accepting of that I am. She's got her duties, and I can't expect her to drop everything, especially considering she's the one holding us, the world, I mean, right now."

"Famous actress? You are a very lucky man, Tarek, I look forward to meeting her in person. I wish I could say I might, but I haven't had much experience in thespianism, or art, much. My favorite song was played for Iroh's funeral when he passed, so I can't say I'll recognize her for sure, but I'll be honored nonetheless."

Then, as quickly as their exchange had started, another, rather sly sounding, almost politcal voice appeared in his ears, and it gave Mei pause. Pay for their wedding? Sell his house to them? What he said seemed far too good to be true, but that name was so...familiar. "Count Arashi.", he bowed his head, "General Mei Fong, it's a pleasure to meet you." He gave a thoughtful pause, "What you're offering is far too good to be true, I'd rather not take advantage of such...", what was the word, "...charitability without first asking why you would be so inclined to offer me anything when you don't even know me. Not to say it's not a tempting offer, but...such generousity is rare."

Then came the forth voice for him to respond to, and he turned to face a woman he didn't recognize, but who was most assuredly Sanaki Raiden, no doubt. He smiled, and patted Tarek's shoulder, "Very lucky indeed, my friend."

Mood: Cautious
Condition: Healthy, if not surprised

Back to top Go down
Arashi
Arashi

EXP : 809

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Arashi

With another bow, he greeted the woman. She was very lovely, his type of woman, but he saw a ring around her finger and assumed that it was more trouble than it was worth, for now at least. It was probably the wife he heard about from the General. Or just someone who lived nearby, it was not always safe to assume. “Hello miss. A pleasure to meet you. I am Count Arashi.”

When Mei inquired further, Arashi prepped himself for the pitch. “Well, the house is not free as I said, just a good deal for a good locale. The wedding would be free because I would sponsor it. Big weddings for big people mean big attention for me. The publicity would help with increasing my revenue, thus paying me back for my generosity. Simple as that really. I’d pay for the locales, ship your loved ones out for the celebration, and cover the catering. A big General marrying the Avatar is going to be public news, so informing them who helped them with the wedding would reflect well on me. And who know, maybe we’ll end up being friends in the end?”

Mood:Glad
Condition: great
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek laughed. “Indeed, Kako is a complicated man and difficult to understand. When we first met he attacked me before we even shared words, though let me tell you, I have been through a lot with him and he is my most trusted friend.” He said seriously, before letting out a chuckle, “and there is no one I would rather have beside me in a bar fight.”

“Of course! You are a powerful master… even on your worst day you would have more control then the average man, and it is practically impossible to never get angry. In fact, anger can even increase a firebenders power, though rage makes us lose control of ourselves, and when we cannot control ourselves, our flames become uncontrollable, they take on a will of their own. That…is the dangerous part.” Tarek smiled. To Mei’s next remark, Tarek nodded. “Yeah, I can imagine that you both must be busy quite a lot…”

Tarek watched Arashi carefully as he conversed with Mei. He didn’t dislike the man, though he didn’t trust him. He wondered what Arashi could stand to gain from paying for Mei’s wedding and wondered just how long he had been secretly listening to them talk. He cursed himself under his breathe, wishing that he had switched his heat sense on earlier.

Suddenly another voice appeared, one which Tarek instantly recognized. He turned around with a smile to find his stunning wife standing nearby. “Hey Sweetie,” he smiled, taking Sanaki’s hand and kissing her cheek lightly as he gently pulled her closer to him, “of course you didn’t!” he said kindly. “Mei, Count, I’d like you both to meet my wife, Sanaki … Sweetie, this is General Mei and Count Arashi Atsushi,” he said politely, introducing them one by one. Just then Mei patted Tarek’s back, "Very lucky indeed, my friend." He said with a smile. Tarek chuckled softly, “Aye, Thank you.”

Mood: Pleased to see Sanaki

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki did not exactly join the conversation too soon, but did smile and make soft but polite greetings when she was spoken to. she smiled and kept a posture and expression to show that she was willing to be sociable, but she was normally one that would not be terribly vocal unless spoken to or unless she had something meaningful to add.

she wondered why they were here, but she decided just to listen. she knew that her name had come up, and had smiled sweetly after Tarek kissed her. She was really quite stunning today, her nicely toned body covered with a sweeping kimono of dark reds and golds. dainty slippers that adorned her feet were just barely visible below the hem, and her petite hands poked out from the large sleeves of the garment. her face had soft features, her lips were red, and her eyelids were a dark shade of indigo, which contrasted nicely with the pale, glazed golden color that her eyes were. Similarly, her pale skin contrasted nicely with her jet-black hair, which was also long enough that it nearly went to her hips.

Her eyes seemed completely out of focus, and she leaned her head a little towards the sun, as if lining her eyes up with it. She did this fairly often.

Mood: Observant
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]   The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Way of Mei[OPEN, Sanaki, Tarek, Kako, Shula, Fire Nation people.]
Page 1 of 1