The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is fate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress
Nation: Water Tribes

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Renayu

Renayu had been in the earth Kingdom taking a quick trip to the Foggy Swamp to see the life of the Swamp people their. She was so glad she lived in the South Pole because that swamp was crazy. She was just on this ship heading to a different dock to get on another one to take her back home.

Withing the past two years, She had become the new Southern water tribe after the death of her father. The Tribal council came up to her a few days ago and told her that if she hadnt married within the next two years, the Southern Water Tribes fate would rest on her choice. She grew up with alot of the people in the Tribe so marrying one of them would not be something she wanted to do. The Air Nomads were beyound her mind to even think of, and she hadnt talked to the Northern Water tribe in a long time. So that left either someone from the Earth kingdom or the Fire Nation.

Renayu sighed as she leaned on the railing of the ship.

Mood: Tired and thinking
Condition:Heathly

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Hakota-Zai

Name:Lee Hakota-Zai
Alias: Dead-Eye Zai, The Vagrant (Mercenary)
Abilities: Swords(Master); Chi-Blocking(Expert); Earthbending(Intermidiate); Fans(expert)
Mood:Indifferent.
Condition:Fit and Well.

The dreary ocean, so extensive and infinite, yet so plain and common in all directions. The Vagrant Mercenary saw no reason the the unusual awestruck that others saw in the ocean. Then again, they hadn't spent a good portion of their lives traveling about it's waters as Zai had. He was used to the pulsations of the aqua, the salty bit of the winds as it fluttered his loose, old, warn Kiyoshi clothing with the traditional leather armoring over, but in the stead of a dress he wore near-black pants for comfort. He sighed as his one good, grey-blue eye gazed over the endless horizon of blue reflected from the sky.

Now the sky was another detail entirely, but Hakota figured it was because -just as others weren't so used to the sea- he wasn't used to the skies. They were the only place beyond his reach. He was no pilot, nor airbender, so it'd forever be a mystery to him. Though as he gazed upwards, the strong oceanic winds threatened to remove the thin, black cloth that wrapped his head, hiding his black-brown hair and the right upper half of his face from sight. It covered his scarred flesh, the hideous sight from judgement of others. While the aptly named (for many a reason) Dead-Eye Zai cared little for judgment as such, it did make people uncomfortable around him, and made him that much more easily identified. Still, though, he often wished having it shown wouldn't make people approach so awkwardly, but then again he found himself wondering if he really cared so much as his cloth-wrapped hand rubbed the stubble of his sharp chin in thought.

It was just about then that he noticed a woman leaning against the railing, just as he, not far from him. She sighed, making the mercenary shift from his pensive notions. One could note that Hakota-Zai -even with a sword sticking from beneath his black, ratted, torn cloak- didn't look very threatening. In fact, he looked just as his common alias as a mercenary suggested, like a Vagrant. His clothes were all ragged and withered, and most of all his clothes were dirty with dust and dirt, seemingly not from lack of washing, but rather from constant travel.

Something itched about the woman, was all. As if Zai knew her from somewhere. Perhaps a leader he'd forgotten? A diplomat, probably. From the looks of her, she was Water Tribe, and headed south. It made sense what with her being in the Earth Kingdom and all. This was the one boat presently outbound from the nearest port to the Foggy Swamp.

So Zai figured she was a diplomat of sorts, completely oblivious to her true status. After all, he hadn't been to a tavern to get news from about the globe for a while. In his new bout of boredly staring out to the distant waves, he took up whistling an old sea-chanty.

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Renayu

I heard whistling to my left. I looked to see a man dressed in Kyoshi attire whistling an old salors tune. My father used to whistle the same tune when i was a kid. I didnt know why, but I joined him in the tune. I looked at him for a bit then back to the ocean. I proped my head up on one hand while using the other one to messly water bend a fish into a sphere. As I ended the tune, i let the fish go.

I backed away from the railing. i was dressed in a light blue tank top, dark blue pants with fur on the inside. My taned boots went up half my calf. I walked over to the gentleman. I placed one hand in my palm before bowing to him.
"Hello sir. My name is Renayu. I am the Chief of the Southern Water tribe. It is a pleasure to meet you." i informed him. I was always kind when i met new people. I looked at him and awaited his response.

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Hakota-Zai

Alias: Dead-Eye Zai
Abilities: Swords(Master); Chi-Blocking(Expert); Earthbending(Intermidiate); Fans(expert)

IT took The Vagrant a moment to realize the woman began in on the tune, which wasn't entirely unsurprising since he was sure even a Tribe Child had seen just as much of the ocean as he. She approached him after their chant was complete. It was nice to be around those who prided themselves Water Tribe. He found it intriguing.

Th woman's dress was unassuming, and Zai found her bow misplaced, even more so once she granted him an introduction. "Err... I don't think it's fitting for a Chieftain to bow to a lowly warrior, miss Renayu," he said in his smooth voice, light in nature as if sourly used. He wasn't one to forget his mannerism, however, and he bowed with his hands together as such only those of bending or martial arts did. "I am Lee Hakota-Zai. Some call me The Vagrant Mercenary. It's my pleasure to meet someone of nobility on agreeable terms." He had been quite wrong on his assumption of her. He hadn't thought that the Chieftain would ride so humbly aboard a boat.

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Renayu

The Vagrant Mercenary? he didnt look like a mercenary at all, but yet I didnt look like a Chief in my current attire. The man looked suprised at the way I approached him. "My father always bowed to the Southern water Tribe warriors. He was a very kind and gracious man." I informed the man.

He introduced himself as lee Hakota-Zai. It was a mouthfull.
"Why, of someone dressed like you and a person like you doing on this ship? Are you doing some type of work?"

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Hakota-Zai

It was sad she referred to her father in the past tense. But Zai understood. "I'm sure he was a great man, then. All great men respect those under their authority." He spoke with respect, thinking perhaps he'd have liked to meet this man. It would have been an honor, indeed.

She begged a question on why someone as him were on this ship. It somewhat confused him, though. "Err. Someone dressed as I? Well I am no Kiyoshi warrior anymore. These garments, though, are all I care to wear. I am used to fighting in them. Used to traveling in them. Almost as if they were a part of me.. Maybe it's just me being nostalgic of my own past. As far as why I'm here, yes, I'm at work.. Well looking for it, rather. I think I may have found it, though. Rumor has it that the Southern Water Tribe could use some workers, and I assume now that it's because you are the new Chief."

"But what could bring the new Chief so far from home? Visiting your sister tribe? One would think the Chieftess would be needed home in these times."
As he spoke, he leaned backwards against the railing, elbows propping him up. He was gruff and carried himself confidently, but silently.

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Renayu

I listened to everything he had to say. Kyoshi warriors are respected through-out the Southern Water Tribe due to the former Cheif Sokka's wife was a Kyoshi Warrior. I learned about them while in school. I let him finish before talking myself.

"I have completed my tour to both of my sister tribes, The Northern Tribe and of the Swamp people here. I am on my way back home now. I let my warriors go right home before I stopped in the Fire Nation to sign up for the Bender Battle Tournement. I do not know what type of work you are looking for, but if you wish to see what you can do, then come down to my tribe. I would stay in my tribe, but I have to hold out the duties of a chief and a chieftess. Thats the only reason i leave the Tribe, that and for any types of meetings with the leaders of the World." I informed him.

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Hakota-Zai

Zai turned to look back out to the ocean once more. He listened as contently as he always did, even though to some it might seem he was preoccupied with whatever he laid eyes upon. But losing an eye had it's perks, quirks and habits. Anyone missing one or both could say as much.

"I work to do damn near anything these days, it seems. Whatever keeps me sated, hydrated, and anywhere but behind bars.... A Bender Battle Tournament, huh? Don't suppose they have hand-to-hand and other melee events? Is there a prize?" While not excited by the concept, he seemed intrigued at the news. He really needed to stop by taverns to get updated some more. He'd work on that later, though.

Usually, there were many job opportunities as far as Leaders were concerned. They all could use a man of Zai's caliber of skill. In some way, shape, or form. But this girl hadn't been in power long enough to hear of Zai and his exploits. Perhaps that was a good thing. The leaders tended to... Shy away from someone who would have killed them for money a decade ago.

Either way, the Mercenary's cold eye glanced the Chief again, brow raised in expectations of details to this tourney. Perhaps she could even use a partner in some competitions. It wasn't uncommon for such things to have team tournaments. Maybe he could even convince her to pay him for the chance at glory if there was no prize. Or even if there was one, for the chance to win it. He saw the opportunity for money, but needed details before he could put the chance to trial.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is fate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is fate?   What is fate? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is fate?
Page 1 of 1