The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Kano felt the water move around him as he shifted his weight through the forms of the Aowaka Style. The stream of liquid swam through the air, encircling him and moving up and down. Experiencing these kata was the most peaceful feeling he knew. It was the breath of his life, the most natural feeling he knew. Sleeping wasn't this peaceful for him.

"Oi!" called a voice in the distance. He could tell it wasn't directed at him, but it still drew his attention. "You can't come in here! Only Master Tako can permit entrance."

Kano's eyes opened. He bent the water back into it's pool at the center of the room and looked around. He could see Tonu blocking someone in the entrance. He couldn't get a good look at them from where he stood, but he was the senior student. When his father wasn't there, it was his duty to deal with visitors. He picked up the towel laying on the chair next to him and dried his arms and face. There was no point in taking the time to bend all the moisture out of his clothes. He was going to be back to his practice in a few minutes anyway and he'd be wet again. Dropping the towel on the chair once more, he walked the length of the training hall.

"Hey, Tonu," he said once he was close enough to speak in a civilized tone. "Who is it?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:43 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

A young man had stopped Zulera on her wonderful little walk to... well, wherever she was wandering. she didn't really have a particular destination in mind. She was dressed in thicker Water Tribe clothing better for the cold, but unlike normally, her hair was all down, albeit under her hood. When she was stopped, however, she just chuckled.

"Then tell me child," the woman cooed, removing her hood, "where is this Master Tako? I'd like to see him try to stop his Avatar..."
She remained passive, however, and waited for a response. There was no need to get mean straight from the get-go.
Mood: Opportunistic
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:55 am

"Then tell me child, where is this Master Tako? I'd like to see him try to stop his Avatar..."

Kano placed a hand on Tonu's shoulder and pushed him aside gently. The junior student stepped out of the way without argument. Kano could see it in his face -- he was terrified that he might have angered the Avatar. His gratitude for being relieved by Kano was written all over his face. Kano nodded reassuringly as he stepped back. He then turned his gaze on their visitor.

"Master Tako is not here right now." he said, bowing politely to the woman standing on the threshold of their school. When he straightened up, he was wearing a pleasant sort of smile on his face. "I am Kanoei, Son of Master Tako. People call me Kano. How may we be of assistance to the Avatar?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:59 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera shrugged. "I admit to not really having a purpose, other than that this was where my wandering through the tribe led me." she noted, "although I might be interested to ask a bit about this place, such as what it's used for, who runs it, where is this Master Tako, and such things. just a few curious questions from an Avatar spirit--nothing personal or anything."

her tone was strangely friendly, and Zulera's 5'4" figure wasn't even very imposing. for all the bad rap the Avatar had gotten thanks to some of Zulera's past dastardly deeds, she didn't seem quite all that bad here and now....
Mood: Opportunistic
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:14 am

"This is the Aowaka School of Waterbending." Kano explained, turning and offering the woman entrance into the training hall. Tonu looked around wildly for a second before darting through one of the hall's side doors into the barracks, leaving Kano alone with the visitor. Kano didn't mind, however. He just carried on with his explanation. "Master Tako is the man who acts as chief instructor of the school. He is the current Grandmaster of the style. He is currently in an audience with the chief of the tribe and Advisor Hakano."

He walked back to the center of the hall, bending the moisture from his clothes lazily and depositing the water in the Wolf Fountain, the pool used as a water source for bending practice. It seemed he wouldn't be getting back to his forms for awhile and it wasn't good to walk around in wet clothing in the north, even indoors. He bent the wet towel off it's stool and folded it, laying it on the floor before seating himself and calling another seat over. Most of the furniture in the training hall had small capsules of water somewhere within them, allowing them to be moved with bending.

"Please." he said, indicating the seat. "Have a seat."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:20 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded, listening with an interested sense of curiosity. "I'm amused by the Water Tribes, particularly the north," she noted, "given that I was from the south. whatever the case, thank you for accommodating me."

she sat down when instructed to do so. "so tell me," she asked softly, "what's done in here? Are we waiting for someone?"
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:37 am

"Waiting for someone?" Kano chuckled. "No. I just thought you might like to have a seat while you ask your questions. As for what's done here... Waterbending, of course. This is a school which teaches a powerful style of waterbending, though like all bending, it's only as good as the individual who uses it."

He looked over at the fountain, at the water streaming from the icy statue of the waterbending wolf, age-old symbol of the style.

"This hall is a place of learning. It was built by my grandfather, though the Aowaka Style has been used in my family for many, many years. It's only recently that we have started teaching it to others."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:43 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"it makes sense then," she nodded. "I do suppose that I remain curious. the Avatar is not suddenly blessed with all-knowing wisdom or anything, I can say that much."

"but surely I must have interrupted something? were the two of you busy? I was just following my toes, and seeing where I'd wind up, to be honest. there's no need for me to be interrupting your games and lessons."
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:53 am

"The water isn't going anywhere." Kano said with a smile. "As for Tonu... Nothing ever interrupts him, mostly because he's never doing anything but spreading gossip. It's kind of his thing. As a matter of fact..."

He peered around at the doors into the barracks, the side building where the bedrooms were. Many of the students of the school lived in those rooms. Sure enough, there were more than a few curious eyes peeking into the practice hall. Kano shook his head.

"We have an audience." he said. Typical. Tonu ran off to get everyone together to spy on their conversation. Kano had an idea. "You know... an audience isn't much without a show. Care to give them one?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:09 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "fair enough points... it makes sense enough."

she smirked when she noticed the audience.
"well, if your friend wanted to spread news of the arrival of the Avatar, then I suppose I can provide." she glanced around, making her way to a nice open space.
"this is bending." she explained, before beginning to kick, flip, swing, and spin, creating a dazzling display of fire, water, air and earth. sometimes, being the Avatar was simply to put on entertaining bending displays for younger children. this was one of those times.
Mood: Amused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:23 am

Kano watched the demonstration along with this others. He remained in his seat, his arms folded. It was interesting to be sure. He had seen many of the techniques she was using in scrolls or books, but not many air, earth, or firebenders made their way this far north.

As she concluded her display, the whispers being exchanged between them became audible. The grumbling of earth, the howling of air, and the roar of fire had masked it up until then. As the whispers continued, Kano stood and clapped, casting a sharp glance at his fellow students to do the same. Avatar or no, a demonstration from a master deserved more respect than whispers afforded. Slowly, they joined in. The applause was short-lived.

"Most impressive, Avatar." Kano said once the clapping stopped. He stepped forward. "It may be presumptuous of me, but I wonder if you would do me the honor of a friendly sparring match? It isn't often I have the opportunity to face benders from the other elements."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:39 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera definitely liked the attention and was pleased to see the students impressed. however, after Kano issued his challenge, she wasn't about to decline.

"I'd be happy to." she smirked, "although I must ask if you want me using only a particular element, or if you wished to go against me using all four?"
She knew the solid answer if his choice was the latter, and if it wasn't, she still was probably the more likely individual to win the spar.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:49 am

Kano smiled.

"Who am I to restrict the Avatar?" he said, bending the chairs and towel into the corner. "Use all four."

Tonu and the other students didn't bother hiding anymore. The came out into the training hall. They at least had the good sense to bend a wall of clear ice between themselves and Kano and the Avatar to keep from becoming collateral damage. Kano, however, wasn't paying attention to them. If they wanted to come out into the line of fire, that was their business.

He walked out and squared up on the Avatar, assuming the opening stance of the Aowaka Style. He couldn't help but have a smile on his face. How many people got to spar with the Avatar?
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:05 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"fair enough." she warned, "although I cannot say that this will be easy."

she took a stance that looked like a cross between a rigid earthbending stance and slick waterbending stance.
"at your ready," she cooed, bowing lightly to signify the beginning of the match.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:11 am

Kano smiled broadly. That was what he liked to hear. If he wanted easy, he'd have stayed in bed that morning. They stood there, facing each other for a moment in silence, and then...

Kano stamped his right foot on the ground, bringing a massive ball of ice up from the floor behind him. It wasn't, strictly speaking, a technique of the Aowaka Style. He'd developed it years ago by studying an earthbending scroll. The trick was modifying the movement of the ankle to provide the fluidity that waterbending demanded. With the ice chunk at his command, he sent it flying at the Avatar.

He was starting off slow. He didn't dare to believe that she was an easy opponent, but he wanted to see just what she was made of. She wouldn't be the first bender he'd seen who was all the rage when it came to demonstration but pathetic in practice. The Ice Boulder always showed them for what they were.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:27 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera was definitely one who was probably good with earth and poor with air. she attacked the ice block head-on, surrounding her fist with stone and punching through it, and following up by slinging the loosely assembled rocks back towards her opponent as a slew of projectiles.

if she was fighting to kill, she would have slung several more follow-up attacks, but she didn't, because even she wasn't about to stoop low enough to kill in a sparring match.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:39 am

Kano dove at the ground as if into a pool, liquefying the ice as he went. The stone projectiles passed over harmlessly. As soon as they did, he rocketed himself upward through the floor, freezing the tunnel he had formed as soon as he emerged, landing on the newly refrozen ice.

He found it interesting that she did not use her native element to deal with the ice boulder. She could have easily liquefied it and sent it back at him. Instead, she called upon earth to do the job.

Blunt force. he thought. Interesting.

He wasted no time in summoning another attack. He brought a surge of water out of the Wolf's Fountain, solidifying it in two barriers of ice, one on either side of him. He shattered the ice into many tiny razors and sent them at her. This was another earthbending trick, modified for waterbending. The Thousand Needles. She'd dealt with one giant projectile with ease. He wanted to see how she'd handle hundreds of tiny ones.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera stamped the ground with her feet to bring up a wall of ice, and behind it, a wall of stone. using airbending, she pushed the wall forward towards the shards and needles, shattering them from the swift impact. the wall itself did not stop and kept approaching Kano.

Zulera always defended by attacking.

She followed up this attack with several rapid bolts of fire, and sent a whirlwind of rock and water towards him as well. there was a perk or two to being the Avatar.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:10 am

"That's more like it!" Kano smiled, springing into action as the wall approached him. He formed a huge ice spike and sent it at the approaching wall like a gigantic bullet. He then bent the ice beneath him to throw him skyward, launching him over the wall as it approached.

There wasn't much room between the top of the wall and the ceiling, but he managed to squeeze through with little more than a scraped chest. Below him, he heard his projectile of ice blast through the barrier. He even got to watch it emerge from the stone backing the ice wall and fly at the Avatar with force. As he fell, he raised an ice pillar to land on, taking note of the watery, earth-filled whirlwind flying toward him. It completely obliterated his ice spike, barely dispersed by the projectile.

The whirlwind blasted toward him, ripping up the floor as it went. He raised a shield of water to protect himself, but it barely held out. His pillar of ice was shattered instantly, blasted out from under him. He fell to the floor roughly, struggling to push himself up.

So this is the power of the Avatar... he thought. He had been too slow about it. He wasn't ready to send another attack her way...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:22 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera was always the opportunist, as anyone who knew her could tell you. the moment she noticed the opening that Kano had made, she swung forward, kicking a sequence of 5 or 6 fireballs towards him, followed by a swooping movement of the leg which scraped some of the ice up, turning it to water, and swinging it towards her opponent as well.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:32 am

Basic training in the Aowaka Style gave four pieces of wisdom for dealing with the elements -- Water is to be bent, Air, to be blocked, Earth, to be cut, Fire, to be quenched. Kano had no time to think but to his most basic training. He brought a thin veil of water up from the ground, drowning the fire in midair before clapping his hands together and thrusting them into the water, splitting it around him.

Before the water even touched the ground, he threw his arms out, forming great fluid motions with them. He brought the water she had bent at him around and shot it back at her in a powerful beam before driving his foot sideways into the ground, sending a sharp, icy razor across the ground toward her, one large enough that it almost dwarfed her.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:09 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

One thing that Zulera enjoyed about airbending was that she could push herself into the air, and see the world from a higher-up perspective given her lack of vertical prowess.
She used it to launch herself over the attacks, and while airborne, launched rocks down towards him, adding some water and fire into the mix, water from one hand and fire from the other. it was time to see what he did when faced with more than one element simultaneously.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:05 am

Three elements! Now things were getting interesting. Kano, however, didn't have time to appreciate it. He had to move, and quickly. He darted to one side and brought up a thick shield of ice next to him, ready to defend against the barrage of elements fired at him. A moment later, he was glad he did. The three elements exploded upon hitting the ground, sending projectiles everywhere. It was incredible.

Kano looked up at the Avatar. She soared overhead like a goddess of power. There was only one option left. With all his remaining strength, he drew a massive amount of water out of the fountain, encasing himself in a huge sphere of ice. It was no easy task. With his shield in place, he sank into the floor...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:28 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she was not about to let him get away that fast. in the air, she drill-kicked towards the groun, her feet slamming against the ice. she was hoping to use enough force to push him back above ground with a combined force of waterbending and earthbending, but she was not sure how well it would work given that she did not know his exact position.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:38 am

I'm not gunna make it that easy! Kano thought as pillars of ice and stone began rocketing up through the water. He kicked his legs hard and propelled himself forward with the speed of a torpedo, using bending to push himself forward at incredible speed. She got close, but not close enough.

After a few seconds' propulsion through water and ice, he rocketed out of the staircase leading up to the school and landed on the street many feet below, sliding to a stop, facing the doorway into the training hall high above. Any moment, she'd come looking for him.

"Hey, is that Kano?" said a voice, making him look around.

"Yeah, what's he doing?"

The muttering continued, but he didn't pay much attention. Everybody in this district of the city was a bender. They didn't need his protection from collateral damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting   The Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next