The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Abasi Khuchtei

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abasi Qorin
Abasi Qorin

EXP : 1065

Character Description
Position: Dai Li
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Abasi Khuchtei Empty
PostSubject: Abasi Khuchtei   Abasi Khuchtei EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Full Name: Abasi Qorin Khuchtei
Element: Earth
Birthplace: Gaoling
Position: Dai Li agent
Training:
Earthbending: Master Level
Metalbending: Expert Level
Lavabending: Intermediate Level
Hand-to-Hand: Expert Level
Seismic Sense: Intermediate Level

Personality: (460)

Abasi is by no means an altruist. While he believes in justice and the preservation of public safety, he still often finds himself using his abilities for his personal gain. Even as a Dai Li agent, he still maintains some degree of autonomy. He is perhaps most well known for his ability to react with a cool head in stressful situations. In fact, he has shown himself to do better when operating under pressure. He doesn't react much when insulted, rarely getting upset over mere words.

He adheres to a strict moral code that has been molded by the many experiences in his life. While he doesn't consider himself an excessively violent individual, he does believe that violence is justified in certain scenarios such as self defense and promotion of the greater good. Also, he feels that some crimes or offenses warrant a violent reaction.

Although he doesn't enjoy when people do it to him, he doesn't believe that lying is a subject worthy of scorn. After all, it's a product of human nature, and he feels that it should be treated as such. Call him a hypocrite, but he thinks that lying can be a useful tool for getting one's desires.

Abasi has abandoned the belief in any form of divinity in favor of a strict hedonistic stance. He believes that life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and that all decisions a person makes are due to a conscious or subconscious measure of the amount of pain and pleasure one will receive as a result. It is because of this belief in hedonism that he is an advocate of polyamory. He feels that anyone should have as many sexual/romantic partners as they so desire. Whatever it takes to maximize pleasure.

He has a strong distaste for the rich and noble. Those people that have a sense of entitlement and exhibit snobby behavior. Part of him is grateful that the death of his parents saved him from such an unfulfilling existence. To Abasi, one may only boast about their possessions and wealth if they put in a sufficient amount of work to achieve them. Inheritance is for the weak.

His years in law enforcement have desensitized him to the world due to the violence he's seen. Things that previously triggered an emotional response no longer have an affect. His sense of humor--while still present--is quite dark. He tends to be very private and quiet about his business and personal affairs. He likes to think of himself as a cultured individual. He enjoys reading and delving into other 'scholarly' pursuits, but his favorite hobbies by far is playing Pai Sho. All the games he played with his old master really ingrained a love for it within him.

Abilities: (423)

Growing up Abasi was a natural at earthbending. He first demonstrated the ability to manipulate the earth(albeit in very small amounts) as an infant. Due to the sheltered upbringing brought about by his parents' lifestyle, he never really developed his bending abilities as much as he should. It wasn't until his move to Ba Sing Se and his subsequent enrollment in the local earthbending academy did his abilities really begin to flourish. Abasi was praised the most for his uncanny ability to grasp and master new concepts after hearing them for the first time. It was at the academy that Abasi was taught the principles of Jing. He learned and mastered the Southern Mantis style implored by some benders as well as the traditional Hung Gar variant.

His penchant for reading had him spending whatever time that he wasn't at school or in training at the library. He was absolutely obsessed, and this led to the unparalleled understanding of earthbending and all of its workings that he has today. His style is a very unorthodox one. This is mainly because he believed that the only way he could create a truly perfect style is by incorporating techniques implored by each of the four elements. It is for this very reason that Abasi is very unpredictable when in battle. The combination of these different techniques grants him with  greater maneuverability and evasiveness in combat.

Metalbending: Abasi is especially proficient in the specialized art of metalbending. He usually uses the metal ball necklace around his neck, which he shapes into a myriad of shapes to suit his needs. He is able to bend metal to the point that he can form armors of it to protect himself, as well as bending metal without physical contact.

Seismic Sense: Through his heightened seismic sense, Abasi can visualize where people are, their relative distance to him, and even their physical build. This allows him to predict the attacks of his opponents and react accordingly. His ability to detect if someone is lying based on subtle fluctuations in their pulse has led to great success throughout his career.

Lavabending: An advanced form of earthbending that allows him to phase-change earth into lava and back. This liquefied earth can be bent into forms like a shuriken, which he uses as a powerful offensive weapon, capable of striking opponents as well as easily cutting and burning through wood and other materials without losing power. He can turn large patches of the ground into lava and otherwise manipulate lava with great dexterity.

Appearance:
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 187 lbs
Eyes: Maroon
Hair: Dark brown
Skin: Light brown

Abasi Khuchtei Lava_bender_2_by_toviorogers-d7z7chs

(267) Abasi is a considerably robust male with dark skin, low cut brown hair, and a pair of maroon eyes that bear all the ferocity that lies dormant within him. He is a mesomorph by nature, and stands at a freakishly large six-foot-five inches. Despite his seemingly cumbersome size and impressive musculature, Abasi has no trouble in the dexterity department. He's managed to out-pace people who are twice as small as he.

Perhaps his most identifiable feature is the tribal tattoo that covers much of his right forearm. It depicts what appears to be a chief or some form of royalty with sunflowers serving as the backdrop. He puts a great deal of stress on personal hygiene, evidenced by his well kept hair and face. He also has a pair of teeth that are as white as porcelain.

He is often seen wearing a necklace made of twelve metal balls, each about the size of a baseball. He uses the balls if he ever needs to call upon his metalbending since bendable metals aren't very common, and it's even more difficult to extract them from the earth.

As expected because of his stature, Abasi has very large hands and feet. The palm sides of his hands are covered in callouses. While most consider them to be a unsightly, he's actually glad that he has them. To him, they are a permanent sign of the struggles he's had to endure in his life, a sign of the hard work that he's done to get where he is today. He prides himself for such an abundant amount of callouses even.

History: (1025)

Abasi lived a comfortable life to say the least. His parents were much wealthier than most of the other kids, and because of this, he never knew the hardships that so many of the Earth Kingdom youth had to deal with. Unfortunately, this luxurious lifestyle was robbed from him on the day of his eleventh birthday. Abasi was headed home from school that day. Upon arriving, he noticed that the doors to his house were agape. A peculiarity, but he thought nothing of it. He was just eager to find his parents. Every year they took him out to a restaurant of his choosing.

When he set foot in his parents' bedroom, he was stunned by the sight of his parents murdered in their bed. A note sat sat in-between them, detailing the motive behind the murder and the perpetrators. As it turned out, the killings were a result of gang violence brought about by their involvement in the city's crime underground. Abasi was in shock, and he sat in his parents' room for hours until his grandparents arrived. Luckily for him, they had planned on visiting him to celebrate his birthday. After discovered the bodies, his grandfather and grandmother alerted the authorities. Afterward, they took Abasi into their household in Ba Sing Se.

He soon learned that his grandparents were not as well off as their children. Also, because of their old age, Abasi was forced to do much of the around the house much to his chagrin. He often fought with his granddad because of his refusal to do much of the work. He eventually came around though. The revelation of his parents' involvement with Gaoling's gangs helped foster a deep abhorrence for crime and a desire for justice within him. Because of this, he made it up in his mind to fight for the spread of justice. The first step do achieving this goal was to improve his bending skill. He'd always been naturally good at it, but he never took the time to really hone his skills.

Abasi's grandfather managed to get him enrolled in the local earth-bending academy because he was friends with the headmaster. All of the headmaster's lessons came natural to him. Abasi began to advance so quickly that he was often paired with the older students. It didn't take him long to graduate from the academy because of his ability to learn at an unusually fast rate. Subsequent to his graduation, Abasi enrolled in Gaoling's police force. It was here that he could work to put away criminals like his parents and the men that killed them. Things were difficult at first. No one trusted him, but that didn't come as a surprise. He was the son of what turned out to be two of the biggest crooks in the city. For all they knew he could be working for a mob or something.

The first few weeks of his job consisted of nothing but paperwork. Being condemned to a desk job was not what he had in mind. He knew that he needed to prove himself somehow. The opportunity presented itself days later when a fire-fight broke out between the police and an up-and-coming gang known as the Phoenix Sons. Having underestimated the juvenile gang, the police chief and his men were pinned down. All active officers were either with him or tending to other matters. Upon hearing of the incident, Abasi raced to the scene. He used his bending prowess to dispatch of enough of the gangsters so that his fellow officers could begin pushing back. With his help, the police successfully apprehended the gang members and avoided certain death as well. The following day Abasi was rewarded with full officer status. From that point onward he slowly and steadily rose through the ranks of the force, earning himself numerous rewards as a result. His exceptional skill and hard work led to an offer to join the Dai Li, Ba Sing Se's elite police force. This was Abasi's biggest aspiration made manifest yet he still declined.

He explained to the monarch how he felt that he didn't have the necessary skill to be a member. She was very understanding, and agreed to reserve the position for whenever he felt that he was ready. Abasi set out to find the world's greatest earth-bending teacher, a man by the name of Lao Bei. There was only one problem: no-one had seen him in years. Abasi didn't let this discourage him, however; he was determined. His search led him to the furthest corners of the Earth Kingdom. One day, Abasi received a tip that a man living on a remote island off the man's coast was a friend of Lao Bei, and knew where to find him. That was all he needed to here. He packed up everything he needed for his trip and set sail, arriving there about a week after his departure.

The old man welcomed Abasi with open arms. He was a stubborn one, refusing to give direct answers to any of his questions regarding Lao Bei. He quickly grew impatient with the man's games and demanded that he tell him Lao Bei's whereabouts. In response, the old man presented Abasi with a deal. If he could beat him in a game of Pai Sho, he would tell him where to find Lao Bei. Of course, Abasi agreed. The first game resulted in a loss, as did the second, third and so on. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned to months. As time passed, he became more and more familiar with his opponent. One day as they played, Abasi called him out, accusing him of being Lao Bei. It turned out that he was correct, and the man agreed to train him. His regimen was harder than anything he'd ever endured, but it was worth it. It was here on this tiny island that Abasi became a master of the art of earth-bending. He also unlocked the ability of metal-bending, and lava-bending subsequently. Feeling that he was now ready, he returned to Ba Sing Se to assume his position as a Dai Li agent.

Reasons Why You Believe You Deserve a Master-Tier Character/Position:
Commitment has never been an issue with me. I actually look forward to the amount of dedication that is required of me in order to maintain a character of a master-tier position. In addition, I believe my knowledge of the Avatar universe and everything within assists in my cause. Also, I enjoy having major roles in plots and the world, and I feel having a master tier-character will make that much easier to accomplish. Finally, I have been writing/roleplaying for nearly a decade and I feel like I'm proficient enough to properly play a master level character.

Character Box:

Abasi Khuchtei

(699) "Alright...nice and slow." Abasi advised himself while staring at the ground. A bright orange pool of lava bubbled precariously at his feet. Beads of sweat rolled down his forehead and off the bridge of his nose as he readied himself. He could see the waves of heat that distorted the air in front of him. He wasn't used to this kind of things. He was, after all, an earth-bender.

Abasi began, his hand poised so that the palm faced toward the sky as it swept in a northward arc. The lava was stubborn at first. It rose just a few centimeters in small globs before crashing down again. Well, that's a start. He took a few deep breaths and repeated the same movement.

Remember what Lao Bei taught you. Clear your mind of everything but the present moment.

This time the lava rose with greater haste to form a spindly tower a few feet high. He took his time, molding the molten rock into any form that came to mind. Minutes later and Abasi was bending, whipping and shaping the lava with ease. He made sure not to get ahead of himself. The last time he tried to lava-bend he nearly burned down an entire housing complex. In retrospect, it wasn't really a good idea to play with molten rock near houses. Proper control over the element required movements that were uncharacteristic of an earthbender. It demanded the fluid motion of waterbending combined with the robustness and power of earthbending. When applied, it provided him with a truly unorthodox style of fighting; one unique to him. On Abasi's command, the lava lurched from the pit and devoured a nearby bush. The heavily viscous liquid clung to the bush without remorse and absorbed the smoldered remains into itself.

"Not bad. You almost look somewhat decent." chimed an unfamiliar voice.

"And you could do better?" Abasi retorted, turning to face the stranger. She was pale as a cadaver with jet black hair combed on either side of her face, whose ends just barely reached her waist. The scarlet robes blanketing her lithe frame was a pleasant contrast to her otherwise dull appearance. She leaned against a wooden post and raised her shoulders in a light shrug.

"I guess I just expected more from Abasi Khuchtei."

He narrowed his eyes in suspicion. How did she know his name? He never forgot a face, and this was not someone he'd met before.  An even better question was: why was she here?

"Why my father decided to let you live I'll never know. I'll have to right that wrong."

That was all he needed to hear. He stomped his foot, firing a long pillar of rock from the ground toward the woman. She erected a thick wall of earth to fend off the attack, and retaliated by firing pieces of the wall in the shape of hefty blocks. Abasi was light on his feet, weaving past the projectiles with ease before launching his own series of counter-attacks.

"I'm not sure who your father is, but he was smart not to come after me." said Abasi. "You on the other hand...."

The exchange went on for several minutes without either party gaining any ground. She was no slouch, he could give her that. However, the tide of the battle changed when Abasi called upon his seismic sense. When he closed his eyes, the blackness that occupied his mind was replaced by a detailed image of his surroundings, painted by the faintest vibrations that panged against his sensitive soles. Every movement that she made, he had already anticipated. The next attack that his assailant delivered was turned against her without hesitation, sending an over-sized boulder crashing right into her dome. She hit the ground with an audible 'thud'.

Abasi approached her with caution. "Pity, I was just starting to enjoy it." he said to himself while pushing her onto her side with his foot. The tattoo on the back of her neck caught his eye. Upon pulling her collar down, he was shocked to see the insignia of the Phoenix Sons. The image of his dead parents slithered back from the depths of his psyche.

Mood: Perplexed
Condition: Perfect

Abasi Qorin
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Abasi Khuchtei Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abasi Khuchtei   Abasi Khuchtei EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 am

Well written, well designed character, I think he will fit right in. I am also happy with him being a master, he reminded me of Tarek in some ways. I gladly APPROVE
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen

Abasi Khuchtei Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abasi Khuchtei   Abasi Khuchtei EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 am

with great power comes great responsibility and stuff.
but yeah, I APPROVE!
Abasi Khuchtei Soa
Back to top Go down
Abasi Qorin
Abasi Qorin

EXP : 1065

Character Description
Position: Dai Li

Abasi Khuchtei Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abasi Khuchtei   Abasi Khuchtei EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 am

Awesome! I can't wait to start roleplaying with you all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abasi Khuchtei Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abasi Khuchtei   Abasi Khuchtei Empty

Back to top Go down

Abasi Khuchtei
Page 1 of 1