The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Not-So Triumphant Return

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

A Not-So Triumphant Return Empty
PostSubject: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Elegys

It felt like a long time since Elegys had been to the place he had once called home – the Southern Air Temple. As he walked through the large main gate at sunrise, he could feel the eyes of the gathered monks upon him. He looked to each side in turn, making eye contact with several of the Airbenders that he recognised. One stepped forwards in an attempt to stop his path, but was held back by one of the elders.

The monk stopped in the middle of the courtyard and started to turn on the spot. He reached into his bag and withdrew a small scroll, which he threw to the librarian. He caught it with ease, his face remaining the stoic expression that it had when he had first arrived.

“Why have you returned, Elegys?”

Elegys turned round to face the voice. It belonged to one of the elders, whose face was grave. Elegys stepped towards him, and several other Airbenders took a step forwards as if to protect him. The monk simply snorted, taking another step without fear. ”My quarrel is not with you, brothers. I come here to make you an offer – join me in the new world order, help me to cleanse the world and make it as it should be. Together we can make a difference, brothers – join me.”

“And here we thought you were coming to receive your tattoos, Elegys. We understand that you achieved Mastery recently, without the help of a fellow Airbending Master. Is this true, brother?”

”The spirits offer much in the way of enlightenment. Together with them we can reach our full potential – alone we will crumble, but together we will strive.”

“We do not recognise your Mastery, Elegys,” one of the Masters said – a dark bearded individual who was more of a warrior than the others. Elegys stepped towards him then and raised a hand. The man flinched backwards, and the monk grinned. A torrent of air grew around the man until he was at the centre of a small tornado. He brought his hand back in and the tornado compressed, lifting him off of the ground.

Ten feet above the other Airbenders, he looked down. ”I do not need your recognition! I will become something that none of you could ever hope for. I will become a saviour .”

The tornado below him dissipated and he landed softly upon the ground. ”I will give you one final chance to join me – embrace your destiny or abandon it.” He looked around at all of the gathered monks as he spoke, looking each in the eye.

Mood: Scheming
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

EXP : 820

Character Description
Position: Cook

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Daichi

Daichi had finally arrived at the southern air temple. It was one of his all time favorite temples he had read about. Bison flew around in the air along with lemurs. Not as much as the Eastern Temple but still. Daichi felt different. He was not bound by worldy concerns and he could travel the world at ease. His meditations became much more intense as he could sense the world around him.

Daichi's trance was broken as he could hear two Airbenders talking. It was Elegys and some other Air Nomad. Daichi wondered what Elegys was doing at this temple. Daichi began to look up to Elegys. Back at the Eastern Air Temple Daichi learned an importamt lesson. Detatch yourself from worldly concerns. Daichi sprung up in the air from the rock and approached the two. "Elegys so good to see you! What brings you to the Potola Mountains?"

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Elegys

The monk spun on the spot when he heard a familiar voice behind him. He recognised Daichi immediately, and couldn’t but smile to himself. He took a step towards the young man, ignoring the glances that the other Airbenders sent his way.

”I came here to return an item I had borrowed, but also in the search of allies. I am headed into danger, and who better to watch my back than a fellow airbender?” He glanced around at the other monks that stood watching the pair. ”Unfortunately it seems our brothers don’t see things my way. It seems I must continue alone; a path I know I must walk.”

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Daichi

Daichi was blissfully unaware what was going on. He would lover to help Elegys but he just didn't know what was going on. "I would love to help! It would give me a chance to practice my airbending,meet new people and do more traveling! I'm in!" The tension in the air seemed thicker than before. Even the bison up in the sky and over by the bodhi tree were acting odd. It was an odd situation.

Daichi could sense something in Elegys. He didn't know what and he couldn't put his finger on it. Still he couldn't give up the opportunity. All the other monks seemed concerned and Daichi frowned. He was concerned too. One of them was looking at Elegys as if "Why are you dragging this poor kid into this?" In a way. "What exactly are you looking for Elegys? Why are the other monks looking concerned?" Daichi said.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Elegys

The Nomad couldn’t help but smile as Daichi agreed to go with him. He thought the young monk may be willing to help, but he hadn’t expected such enthusiasm. At his last question, Elegys shot a dark look at the other monks.

”Do you not feel it, Daichi? The world is changing – the spirits are increasing in activity, and our brothers are scared of it. I mean to harness the winds of change, and ride them to victory; I search for people who are willing to sacrifice everything for the greater good, to make the new world order a viable thing. Do not join me lightly, Daichi; this will not be a pleasure cruise.”

He glanced back at the elder monks, who were all still staring at the pair. ”But I can teach you, Daichi – not just Airbending, but true spiritual enlightenment.”

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Daichi

That's what Daichi had been feeling! It had to be the spirits! The change it was all around them. Nations budding heads,the Avatar and her journey's and others. Daichi could hardly turn down the offer for spiritual enlightenment. If the spirits needed guidance, Elegys would be the one to help the spirits out. Elegys had a spiritual air about him.

"Alright I understand now. Daichi said. He grabbed his glider in his hand. "To bring balance to the world. I know thats the Avatar's job but you seem just so much different than normal people. I would be glad to accompany you on your spiritual quest."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:16 am

Elegys

Elegys stepped forwards and placed his hand on Daichi’s shoulder. ”The Avatar’s job will soon be unnecessary – I’ll be seeing to that. Your company will be welcome, my friend – we have a long way to go.”

He turned and glared at the monks that stood around them. ”If you are not with me, then you are against me. Next time I come here, it may not be under a peaceful banner. Remember that, and remember it well,” he said, before turning to the gate and attempting to steer Daichi towards it.

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Daichi

Daichi realized what Elegys was saying. The elmination of the avatar. Thousands of years of unbroken history and good that was done for the world. Bad too. Kyoshi created the Dai Li and was blissfully unaware of what would happen.

Daichi was at a crossroads in his life. He could feel it. A new world. One without the Avatar. Daichi trusted Elegys. Elegys was a role model for him. Daichi was still childlike and did'nt know what to finally say. Daichi had an odd look in his eye. He flipped his glider out and spoke. "I think it is time for us to go Elegys."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Elegys

”It certainly seems that way, Daichi; It seems I’m not welcome here anymore.” Elegys placed his hand upon the younger Airbender’s shoulder and began to guide him out of the courtyard.

”Our journey is ready to begin; Let’s get started.”

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Daichi

Daichi was ready to help Elegys. This was to be the ultimate journey of self realization. He couldn't wait to help Elegys. It felt like a had a brother or something. Daichi was wondering what his plans truly were. The world without the Avatar . . . It would be an interesting concept. Elegys must have a plan to bring balance without that strong central figure.

"What do I need to bring brother?" Asked Daichi as he held onto his glider. The Two Airbenders walked towards the housing area of the temple. Daichi looked into the mirror and made a decision. "I don't think I need this anymore." Daichi pulled out a razor and shaved his head. He threw a bunch of his books about gourmet cooking onto the open flame. "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." Daichi said. Daichi put on a straw hat to cover his bald head. He grabbed his glider. "I'm ready."

Mood: Excited

Last edited by Daichi on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Elegys

The older monk followed Daichi into the housing area, standing beside the door and crossing his arms. As the young male moved around, shaving his head and collecting his belongings, Elegys couldn’t help but smile. ”Guru Laghima was certainly a wise man. ‘New growth cannot exist without first destruction of the old;’ A motto by which I plan to usher in our new era.”

He opened the door and motioned for Daichi to step through it. ” Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong. Don’t make this decision on instinct, young one; your decision must be your own.”

Mood: Ready

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Daichi

Daichi smiled. He knew that he was doing the right thing by taking up a monastic life. Elegys was going to be impressed. Guru Laghima was Daichi's hero. He could quote him by heart. Daichi still had questions to ask Elegys. How would balance be maintained with out the avatar? What of Raava and Vaatu? Will we open the portal to join us and the spirit world?

"Once the Avatar is gone what happens to Raava and Vaatu?" Daichi asked. "You also need a way to keep the balance steady in the world. These two spirits have been fighting since the beginning of time." Daichi took in a breath of Air. "I trust in you Elegys. If anyone knows how to maintain balace in the new world its going to be you." Daichi stated.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Elegys

”Raava and Vaatu will exist as they always have – in both harmony and discord. They will both exist together until the end of time, as they always have. However, you are correct that I must maintain balance – and to do that, I need power. I am making connections with various spirits, and they will help me to keep it. I have considered the possibilities, Daichi; everything has been thought of.”

He stepped out of the door and looked at the young monk. ”It’s time we were leaving; we have a long journey to make.”

Mood: Ready

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Not-So Triumphant Return   A Not-So Triumphant Return Empty

Back to top Go down

A Not-So Triumphant Return
Page 1 of 1