The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evil Avatar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

EXP : 785

Character Description
Position: Bodyguard/Butler/Personal Assistant for hire
Nation: Fire Nation

Evil Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Evil Avatar   Evil Avatar EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 am

I am completely new to the forum, so I have no idea if this has ever been proposed before.

Inspired quite a bit by the second season of the legend of Korra, wouldn't it be interesting to have a second Avatar? One whom is destined to be the Agent Smith to our Neo, the Sith to our Jedi, etc...

You could have all kinds of plots spinning from this;

1. religious wars; Who is the true Avatar?
2. Earth-shattering battles; Which Avatar will win?
3. Tough team-ups; Who can help the Avatar (either of them)
4. Team-battles; team avatar versus team avatar.

Of course there are many ways to imagine the evil avatar. I personally did not like the take LoK took on it by introducing an old man with an established life. I'd imagine the the evil avatar more as an innocent child, who is being raised by  misguided individuals and traumatized by the evil spirit within and the tragical events he/she has to endure. Could be awesome if the Evil Avatar is always born in the opposite element of the True Avatar and also has the opposite sex. Sort of a Ying-Yang thing.

Besides the "evil" avatar could have an interesting message that opposes the 'balance' story of the current avatar. Something about chaotic progress and organic development. Balance also implies stagnation so the 'Evil' Avatar could actually have a message people could be drawn to comprehensively.

I wouldn't want an Evil Avatar hell bend on destroying the world. That'd be just silly and extremely cliché. But a dramatic, intelligent and pitifull creature that is destined to reluctantly oppose the other avatar could be an interesting plot.

Please tell me what you think of the idea, what kind of Evil Avatar you would like. If this doesn't make it to the main-plot, atleast it is a nice thought-exercise Wink
Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Evil Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil Avatar   Evil Avatar EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 am

the idea of an evil avatar has been entertained before, and it's not necessarily a bad idea; just that our current Avatar (Zulera) is more of a chaotic neutral figure with sometimes evil tendencies herself, so it's not like it'd be the noble forces of good versus the vile forces of evil.

And then of course, there's the notion of who gets to be this figure, given that she'd obviously be kind of important and that up until recently no one except me was terribly active (and I'm not one to nominate myself for it)

Incidentally, Zulera herself likes chaotic progress and thinks that balance is silly because there is no progress. "If I didn't stir the pot, life would be boring...", so to speak. She's dramatic, intelligent, clever, and manipulative too, and so she's quite the figure to go up against. If you want to RP with her (me), my inbox is always open (but PM my Zulera account please).

~Zuzu~

Back to top Go down

Evil Avatar
Page 1 of 1