The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuel For Thought

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

EXP : 12380

Fuel For Thought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Minali Otoyome

Mina just hadn't wanted to grab at Katara's hand without asking (that was something she might have done before Akhet helped her become less socially awkward, though), and so now that she had permission, however unspoken, she leaned forward across the table, taking the glove - and Katara's hand, by extension - carefully in both hands. Lightly tapping on the metal with her fingernails, Mina tested the density and then leaned in close, checking the heat tracts that remained from the shaping of it.

"Ah think 'e's usually home late, when 'e works at th'clinic," Mina mentioned, almost absently, as she continued to inspect the glove, "Sometimes 'e comes home before midnight, but sometimes 'e's out 'til th'early mornin' hours."

Mood: Interested
Condition: Working

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara let Minali take her gloved hand (her left one, to be exact), and... didn't necesary 'watch' her, per se, but she was definitely paying attention. "you can take it off if you need to." her gloved right hand was just in her lap, her legs crossed in the chair as she sat next to Minali. Her feet, unlike her arms, were bare, however. it seemed that most of the heat went to her hands.

"Alrighty..." she smiled. "well maybe we can meet tomorrow or something? or the next time he's off?" she was just throwing out a suggestion rather than trying to actually organize something. "I definitely want to come back... if you can actually make something for me that would put all that heat to use... well, that'd be awesome." Otherwise, she'd let Minali analyze her hand (or just the glove, if Minali decided to remove it), as long as she needed.
Mood: Attentive
Condition: Warm
Link: Katara

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 am

Minali Otoyome

"Ah wouldn't mind ya comin' tomorrow," Mina allowed, letting go of Katara's gloved hand, for now, "D'ya think you can find yer way back?" She wasn't sure how good the young blind woman was with directions, after all. "Ah can tell ya how t'get here, 'n you can tell yer friend - she'd be able t'find it, yeah?" It wasn't meant to be offensive, of course.

Though the gloves hadn't told her too much about how to pull this whole thing off, the metal had been interesting - Mina was pretty sure that she could build off of that, given enough information about firebending. Of course, that would be Akhet's expertise, his contribution.

Mood: Interested
Condition: Working

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:50 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "Aye... I think so. I was gonna meet up with her and then she'd take me home. if you don't mind telling me what to tell her though, I will." she didn't realize that it wouldn't be necessary, but there was no realistic way she would have known that Jurishe had actually met this woman's husband, so she played the safe route.

Katera analyzed her gloves as Minali released them, curious as to what the other woman might be thinking about what she was going to do with that sort of knowledge, but she had faith enough that whatever she built probably worked (a far from true theory, but Katara was optimistic, okay?), and so she was dreaming of how it would improve her life.
"thanks for everything, by the way." she smiled, slowly rising to her feet, taking up her cane again.

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Minali Otoyome

"Yer welcome!" Mina beamed at the younger girl, also rising from her spot at the table, ready to help show her guest out safely to the street, "Ah'm sorry Ah bumped into ya in th'first place, but m'glad Ah could help fix ya up a bit." The rips had been mended, at least, so that was good - thankfully Katara herself had not been injured in the accidental collision.

Taking great care to give the blind girl directions, Mina decided, partway through, that it would probably be best to write them down, along with the name of the store and the street number. Fishing up some paper and charcoal, she wrote the information out far more quickly than she would have been able to explain it. "Here y'go!" She nodded, folding up the paper and handing it to Katara, "Just don' lose it on yer way, a'right?"

"Y'gonna be okay gettin' back t'yer place on yer own? Been here long enough t'know th'way real well?"

Mood: Good
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:26 am

Z. Katara Len

"Nah, it's fine," Katara smiled, "those rips were old anyways, so thanks for fixing them. She was still a bit warm, but that was nothing that Jurishe couldn't help fix for a bit, and otherwise was completely happy and unhurt. She fingered the patching job (well, it wasn't even patching at all) and she could almost not tell the difference. She was glad too, because these clothes held a significance to her.

Katara listened, and then shrugged when she suggested writing it down. it wouldn't do her any good, but she could give it to Jurishe for sure. Thus, she waited patiently and calmly, and upon receiving the slip of paper, she stuck it in her shirt so that she'd get it later, and smiled. "I won't." she promised. "don't worry."

"and aye..." she nodded, "I think I can find it. "we're just gonna meet up a few blocks down and go from there." she explained truthfully, heading for the door, her cane in hand.

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 am

Minali Otoyome

Mina nodded and opened the front door, not wanting to coddle the blind girl and end up offending her for said mothering. "A'right... be careful though, y'hear? Ah'll see ya and yer friend tomorrow!" Though Katara couldn't see it, Mina would wave until she was out of sight across the market square. She liked her guest, and was curious to see what Akhet would say about the heat-problem...

There was no doubt in her mind that she could do something - as she'd said, the human body was just a biological machine - but Mina wasn't quite sure what, just yet. It would come to her in time, she knew, like all things did.

Mood: Good
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:39 am

Z. Katara Len

"Alright... I'll catch ya soon then too!" she smiled, waving in Mina's general direction. she might not have known that the curly-haired girl had waved back at her, but she knew that this was usually the time when people would wave. She was excited, and hoped to be able to tell Jurishe all about her new friend, and that she was making her some cool new gloves that might improve her bending and her lifestyle, actually.

And thus, she wasted no time getting to their old rendezvous point, waiting patiently for Jurishe to arrive so they could walk the rest of the way home and talk about their days. She hoped that Jurishe had had as exciting of a day as she had.
Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel For Thought   Fuel For Thought - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel For Thought
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2