The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Desert city-state

Go down 
+3
Kei
Shi-Hao
Cyrad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrad
Cyrad

EXP : 3355
Birthday : 1993-08-12

Character Description
Position: Smith, Merc, Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi everyone so I have an idea for a long term plot, basically Cyrad and a few other key benders would form a city state in the Si Wong desert.  This city would pay no alligence to any nation and basically be under its own rule.  The ideal number of founders would be six and each would have complete domain over their own section of the city, which would be cut by walls into pieces pizza style, though the number can go up or down according to how many people like this idea.  Because it isn't associated with any nation it would be similar to republic city where all type of nations mingled though would have a obviously higher number of earthbenders and a decreased number of waterbenders.  

The city state would be run by the founders who would convene to make all city wide rules and then control the minor ones in each respective district individually.  The founders themselves would need to at least 18 and the younger ones would need to prove themselves more to the older people probably, of course all should be skilled.  The districts shouldn't be a waterbending, earthbending, airbending ect. but instead be like residential, military, commercial, entertainment ect.  

The founders should be willing to devote to several threads from building the city to solving problems like water or outside aggressors, possibly foreign nations.  Also they should be ready to discuss the direction of the city, does it just want freedom or does it want more territory than just the desert, of course it won't have full reign on the sands.

So anyone who wants to proceed down this past reply here and know that what I've mentioned above are ideas, Zul can swing through and override any of them if she so pleases.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

EXP : 8416

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Shi-Hao isn't a sand bender, but I think she'd be up for this. Especially if she could run the entertainment district. She's of age and does have some experience working with politics (at least pseudo, rich-people politics); plus she brings funding to the table.

I was hoping to start using her in RP again, so I thought this would be fun. Smile Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:57 pm

I could see Kei joining as he could see potential in the city-state being a step forward to making a less corrupt world.

With that thought in mind, I would be glad to join you in your goal. I don't really care what division Kei gets, but keep in mind that his long term leadership may suck.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:23 am

Funny thing is, is that I've honestly considered making Zulera form a city called "Zulera City". I could totally see her being in on something like this.

or maybe she'll start an independent city somewhere else. I hera the Fire Islands are nice this time of year. :B
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:00 am

Possible district ideas and key points, any other ideas or variants, also Zul not captivated by the name but if everyone else was cool with it then it doesn't irk me much

District 1-Government
-government housing
-council hall
-international relations
District 2-Military
-military housing
-police head quarters
-judicial courts
District 3-Entertainment
-various theaters
-colosseum
-expensive housing
District 4-market
-various shops
-middle and low class housing
-various taverns and inns

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:46 am

nah, I've decided that Zulera City is going to be something completely different.

also totally suggestions right here
District 1--Luxury
District 2--Masonry
District 3--Technology
District 4--Fishing
District 5--Power
District 6--Transportation
District 7--Lumber
District 8--Textiles
District 9--Grain
District 10--Livestock
District 11--Agriculture
District 12--Mining
District 13--Nuclear

but no, on a more serious note, Zulera City is actually an ambitious technological project that Zulera will be working on after she gets back from her upcoming spirit world journey, and to top it off, it will be on one of the Fire Islands. All interested parties are welcome to attend.
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 1:24 am

So I want to wait until after the expodition plot runs it's course, or at least most of it before I start this, so we'll go with whoever is down then and we can accept other founders in the first few threads until the city is built. And fine leave Zul we didn't want you anyway haha jk.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:33 am

it's not so much that... just that Zulera had a better idea and wanted a better location for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

EXP : 705

Character Description
Position: Drunk Inn Owner

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 am

If you don't mind having me, I'd like to join. Also, my long term leadership might suck also.
Back to top Go down
Yumi Ai
Yumi Ai

EXP : 520
Birthday : 1992-06-21

Character Description
Position: Leiutenant of the Phoenix Core

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Hmm Well, Korri would be in. He wouldn't necessarily stick around, but he'd help found it. He's a waterbender.
Back to top Go down
Bo Li
Bo Li

EXP : 388

Character Description
Position: King of Omashu

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

I'd be up for something like this. I'm getting more free time so I should be able to pick up my activity.
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Like I said all are welcome and I'm starting to brainstorm ideas and I'll put a more detailed plan here and then start a thread once we get near the end or complete the expedition thread.
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:11 am

So I totally got bored and started the thread even though I said I wasn't going to til after Kei's thing ended lol.

https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1637-meeting-the-kings-of-the-new-era#17457 <
Though this will still be where we brainstorm for the city which I'm welcome to any and all ideas, especially about the direction the city plans to go after it is formed. Beacon of hope, anti-avatar city, anti-nation(s) city, land of the rich/poor, good idea that ends up bad, aggressive war state, slum of depravity or other such ideas
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Kei thought of the name Xin Shuguang so that's what I'm going to go with

https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1681-founding-of-xin-shuguang#18297

I started the thread but if anyone wants to throw the name out in the tavern thread be my guest and we can wrap up what's going on there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desert city-state Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert city-state   Desert city-state Empty

Back to top Go down

Desert city-state
Page 1 of 1