The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To Play Pretend

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylia
Tylia

EXP : 2675

Character Description
Position: Courier
Nation: Earth Kingdom

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Spirit Ahura

The large spirit was nearly prancing down the road, completely invisible, humming a cheerful little tune. While it knew that the Air Temple would be lively, it would be because of a large monster supposedly in the woods, rather than a little human girl with white hair. It would be easy for it to say that it was running from the creature as well - it was like playing pretend, and Ahura loved to play games. Ahura also loved winning games.

Coming to a stop a little ways before the gates of the Temple, Ahura straightened up, casting its illusion as it went, though remaining in its spirit state, invisible. Its preferred form - the small girl with the tanned skin, white hair and mischievous blue eyes - was nice enough to look at; or, at least, that's what other humans used to tell it. Surely none of the monks would turn away a refugee. Ahura had its story all figured out and it was time for a little fun.

Mood: Mischievous
Condition: Invisible

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:01 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Chaos was the unknown and the unpredictable, and those were just the things that Zulera had a tendency to cherish the most in life. She had only one real fear, augmented by spirit-related trauma, but no one else really knew it as she knew quite well how to avoid it. Wild and fierce; passionate and playful... these were some of the adjectives used to describe the world's own Avatar. Some would call her insane, but that was not even the right word either. Other than triggering her phobia, Zulera was very calm, cool, and collected; and even the few times it did get triggered, she just get very edgy and clingy at the most.

Her travels, which had no real pattern to them, soon brought her just outside the Northern Air Temple, where she wandered aimlessly. She did not seem to have a particular reason for being here other than that she wanted to be here. For her, this was as good of an excuse as any.

However, something soon caught her eye--a girl, with obscenely long white hair. Now... that was somewhat strange, even to Zulera, who revelled in such things. So, she curiously decided to approach it to see what it was. her bare feet made no noise as she casually walked, and she put her gloved hands together for a moment to stretch and crack her knuckles.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:34 am

Spirit Ahura

As Ahura drew closer to the woman, its entire body gave a shudder, its hackles rising instantly - even its humanoid illusion had goosebumps. This human was the Avatar. Suppressing a hiss, Ahura kept its expression neutral. It was doing nothing wrong... yet.

"Hello, ma'am?" It began, using its illusion to make the human girl look upset, "Does this Temple take in refugees..? My home was destroyed by the monster in the woods... I have nowhere else to go."

Condition: Visible

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Strange... it was almost as if the girl had known she was coming. No matter though... she had a question and Zulera had an answer. Maybe not the best answer, but an answer nonetheless.

"Beats me." she shrugged, "probably. why not ask them? I'm a foreigner."
She was honest, and while not trying to be rude or unhelpful on purpose, she was actually fairly simple to deal with on a standard level. Problems with the Avatar only came after you dug too deep into her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 am

Spirit Ahura

The Avatar didn't realize that Ahura was a spirit. In an instant, it went from afraid to outright playful. How long could it keep up the charade, without the other knowing? Ahura wanted to find out.

Sending out a tiny spark of its energy in the Spirit Realm, Ahura made the human illusion gasp, its eyes widening. "There! It's right behind you!" It pointed behind the Avatar, where an illusion in the likeness of Ahura's real form had just materialized.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Hearing that something was right behind her, instead of turning around in panic as most people would when being told of a giant monster, Zulera simply swept her arm in an upside-down arc to earthbend a wall behind her. If or when it smashed through that wall, she'd turn around and devise her next tactic, which she was already brewing.

"Problem solved for the moment." she shrugged. "you still doing good?"
it was not a very practical fix, and wouldn't last very long if there was indeed a monster behind them, but Zulera did not often plan that far ahead.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 am

Spirit Ahura

Ahura frowned, though its illusion stayed the same. It would have to keep up two illusions, now... Manipulating the one, to "climb" the wall, it slacked on the human illusion, forgetting to move its lips when it pointed and screamed, eyes widening.

Hopefully putting up a believable fight with the monster illusion would keep the Avatar from noticing. The monster was the same shape as Ahura, but it had made the illusion black, rather than white.

Mood: Irate

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:10 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Had Zulera been a little more spiritually inclined, she might have caught this entity for what it was right off the bat. But, she was not, and that wouldn't magically change overnight. No worries though.
She was an observant lady though, and she noticed it scream without moving its mouth, which was a complete giveaway.

"Ah-HA!" she laughed. "I know what you are, spirit!"
She had no idea why it was here or what it was doing, but at this point she knew it was a spirit. Or, either way it was something unnatural, and to Zulera, that meant spirit.
She had not turned around yet, and at this point was doubting the illusion... or maybe she should consider it. Either way, she'd find out. It wasn't like she was afraid, since her bare feet were solidly on the ground.
Mood: Shrewd
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Spirit Ahura

It had been caught, so soon. Well, this wasn't any fun. Dropping both illusions, Ahura stood before the Avatar, careful to look unassuming and innocent. What it didn't realize was that the human illusion was still partially in place, making it look like a rather hairy human with funny blue and black eyes.

"No fun," It complained, knowing that it couldn't just fade its way out of this. The Avatar could follow into the Spirit Realm, after all.

Mood: Disappointed

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

This actually made Zulera smile. Not necessarily out of triumph, but out of interest.
"Fun?" she raised an eyebrow, "tricking people, keeping them guessing, and playing random games if fun to you then?"
She seemed more interested than skeptical.

"If that's what you are about, spirit... then I think I might end up liking you. You're speaking my language."
Yes, Zulera might have played a joke like that too if she could have. She didn't see a reason to end their 'relationship' quite so soon.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Spirit Ahura

"A - hu - ra," The spirit told the Avatar, motioning at itself, "Ahura is me." Then, with a smile, "Yes, playing tricks is fun. You play tricks?" It tilted its head to the side, and since part of the illusion was still active, the neck looked awkward and a bit freaky.

Suddenly realizing that its illusion was still active, the spirit took two small steps backward before doing a sort of flowing backflip, resting its hands on the ground before its feet lifted up. As it flipped over, it was dropping the illusion, suddenly growing rather larger, becoming fluffier, taking its true form. Shaking itself out a little, it sat back on its haunches, watching Zulera.

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Zulera." she pointed at herself, not really seeing a need to introduce herself as the Avatar. If this was really a spirit (and Zulera was pretty sure it was) it would know who or what Zulera was.

"I do indeed play tricks." the Avatar grinned proudly. "I'm not entirely sure our tricks are the same, but mine too tend to involve surprise and trickery that leave people guessing."
That was her goal anyways. She was not exactly trying to impress the spirit per se, but if they were on the same page in some regards, Zulera wouldn't quite mind that.

Even when it transformed, Zulera was not fazed. This monster was not heights, so she had no reason to be terrified. She did have to sort of crane her neck to look up at it though, as Zulera was a short gal.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Spirit Ahura

Clapping, the spirit bounced a bit, showing its glee. "Trickery is good! Surprise is good!" It spoke happily, "The game is to stay undiscovered for a long time!" This spirit was definitely not a vindictive one.

Tilting its head to the side, this time looking a bit more like an overlarge cat with a mask on its face, it asks, "Will the Avatar play a trick with Ahura? Help Ahura go undiscovered in the Air Temple?" Its jaws barely open when it talks, showing a hint of teeth, but nothing so scary as when it opens its jaws wide and threatens to eat someone.

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I tend to do the same." she nodded. "often see how long I can go before someone figures out I am the Avatar. I like to keep people guessing."

Zulera just liked having fun essentially. She was not afraid of this creature's imposing appearance, but instead found it interesting and amusing.
"I can do that." she nodded. "although... you might have to go back to being the half-naked girl again." she laughed, "I don't think going in as a giant spirit monster would fool a great many people."

a wacky little sense of humor this girl had. Such was Zulera.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Spirit Ahura

Grinning broadly, Ahura placed its hands down, rolling forward on the ground. When it came back up from the somersault, it had taken up the illusion again, but it was still grinning. "This is good, yes?" It asked in a bright voice, "Small human females are not threatening?"

It spoke in simple terms, mostly, almost like a child. Though, other times, when it was something it was familiar with speaking about, its words would be more complex.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled, finding the form-changing quite interesting. It was not necessarily surprising to see a spirit be able to do such a thing, but it was certainly cool.
"Aye... most small human females are not very threatening. Only a few are."
This was a direct reference to herself, as she was called "small", "short" or even "stumpy" all the time.

"that in mind... I suppose I am ready if you are." She raised a curious eyebrow, seeing if Ahura was expecting Zulera to make the first move or not.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 am

Spirit Ahura

Without waiting, the spirit began to approach the Air Temple, disguised by its illusion. It was strange, but the less it concentrated on its own illusion, the better it was; but, to the contrary, the more it concentrated on a separate illusion, the better it was, but the worse its own illusion became. Now that it only had itself to worry about, Ahura was doing much better.

"You are here for why?" It asked, questioning Zulera, "So we can be for the same reason."

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:47 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera observed its illusion, half-admiring it. at least it was the illusion of something cute. She wanted to play with its hair, in all honesty.

"I am simply here because I wander a lot." she confessed with a shrug. "so essentially, as far as anyone needs to know, we are just travellers looking for a place to rest our weary legs for the evening or whatnot."

it was a simple excuse, but often simple excuses worked better than elaborate ones. most people were more likely to believe that you were here to see the temple than to buy that your house got eaten by a dragon, or so Zulera figured.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:54 am

Spirit Ahura

"Resting from travel..." Ahura echoed, giving a nod, "Okay. This is good." The spirit strode right up to the front gates of the Air Temple, looking straight up at them. In fact, it leaned so far back that anyone else would have fallen over backward; it looked a little unnatural.

Turning back to look at Zulera, it questioned, "How do we get inside? There are no humans here, outside."

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:19 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Glancing up at the massive gates in front of them, she paused, analyzing them for a moment. she knew of three ways to get in: Airbend them, fly over, or knock really loudly. Perhaps option 2 would work.

"I think I know." she nodded, blasting a powerful burst of airbending through the pipes, which in turn made various noises before the gate began to open. Zulera may not have had the finesse of airbending down yet, but she could create powerful gusts and the likes with ease.

"Welcome, my friend... to the Northern Air Temple."
she hardly expected to know what they'd come across either, as she often did not visit these temples, but she didn't mind a little surprise or two in her own life either.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:08 am

Spirit Ahura

When the gates started a racket, it jumped back, startled; the illusion opened its lips in a hiss. This spirit really was like a large cat sometimes. Though, once the Air Temple was revealed, it settled once again. Moving through the gates, its head was on a swivel, looking this way and that.

The area was much the same, to Ahura's delight. The large gong had not moved, nor had the tower, or the small sand garden. "It is calm," the spirit mentioned, still glancing every which way.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The noises did not faze Zulera at all, and so she just chuckled slightly at the spirit's surprise. entering in alongside it, she looked around and it felt very much like any other Air Temple. they had been rebuilt quite well since the 100-year war that had resulted in a huge genocide, and was back to being a nice spiritual place that was also very serene.

"Well." she quipped, "I am glad you like it then. I approve of it too."
It didn't mean she wouldn't be above a little mischief, but she enjoyed the calmness.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Spirit Ahura

Moving over to the sand garden, the spirit bounced and clapped its hands. The illusion did a twirl, and all the lines in the sand were smoothed away in a long sweeping motion. In reality, the spirit had pulled its furry body over the designs, wiping them all away. Giggling, it rejoined Zulera, a slight spring in its step.

The gong was in its sights; it was planing a good deal of mischief with that, too. For later, though.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera watched the illusion twirl, and it inspired the Avatar to do the same thing, and she twirled for a moment as if dancing. Despite her build and her huge hands and feet, she was actually surprisingly graceful.

afterwards, she began to follow it over towards the large gong, already with a string of thoughts running through her head, most of them playful and/or mischievous. She didn't feel a need for words regarding what would happen here.
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Tylia
Tylia

Character Description

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Spirit Ahura

Rather than ring the gong, which was the obvious mischief, Ahura moved without its illusion, untying the ropes that kept the gong in place. Once it was lowered to the ground, the spirit gave a mighty push, sending it across the courtyard like a toy. It spun and twirled, occasionally spinning before finding its momentum once again.

"Get it, get it!" It shouted gleefully, rejoining its illusion to clap and watch the gong spin away.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Play Pretend Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Play Pretend   To Play Pretend Empty

Back to top Go down

To Play Pretend
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next