The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alohi
Alohi

EXP : 125

Character Description
Position: Waterbending Expert
Nation: Water Tribes

A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Alohi Wakui Oikimai

The moment the other water bender had noticed Alohi, a smile had spread across his face like butter on toast. He waved at Pal and was about to greet him when pal had beat him to the punch. Alohi had lost his train of thought and forgot the mans name. It was utterly embarrassing so he hesitated a bit before actually greeting the man. he wanted to bypass the whole phase of awkwardness so he decided to take the initiative and introduce himself instead.
"Hello, I'm Alohi. You probably already know who I am. I just moved here not to long ago. I live in my grandmothers home after she passed,"
He looked at pal with a smile and stuck his hand out waiting for him to shake. Whether he shook it or not Alohi moved on to a new topic. "So I see you are getting in an early morning excercise," He then looked at Pal's arms and saw them shaking, "And by the looks of it, you must be training hard," Alohi said smiling as he was about to make a remark but decided not to.

A gentle chill breeze would sway its way in the two's general direction as Alohi looked off into the horizon gazing at the snow, ice and water.
"How a place like this managed to stay the same after so long is still something I hope to understand one day," He placed his hand on the snow and began to concentrate. he blocked off all outside distractions and the snow began to mold and form into that of a large bear. Once the ebar was compelte it toward over the two and looked down at them as it plopped it bottom on the snow beneathe it sitting down. "Making snow creatures is a specialty of mine," He said, "I know every water bender can do it, but I do it more than others," he smiled as the ebar still stared.
Mood: Mellow
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Alohi on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pal Li Jeon
Pal Li Jeon

EXP : 75

Character Description
Position: Southern Water Tribe Member and Scrimshaw Carver

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Pal was usually the first one up in the mornings when their parents were out. Allegedly his father and mother had both decided to go on an overnight seal-hunting expedition, but he had suspicions better not thought of when his mother almost forgot her spear on their way out the door and his father was grinning ear to ear. It had been about a month since their last seal-hunting expedition so he couldn’t really object too much to being left to mind the hut and family. His three younger sisters were still asleep, rolled in their sleeping furs. Piaka was drooling in her sleep, Pakoda was asleep face down and only the top of Pira’s head was visible in her bundle of furs. Yes, everything was very normal. Pal rekindled the embers of the tiny fire in their hut and put the kettle on for tea. Piaka could get the actual breakfast together, she was fourteen and more than old enough to do some household chores like breakfast.
Satisfied that he had done what was required of him for his family for that morning- for now at least, Pal decided it was probably a good idea to get some waterbending practice in, nice and early in the morning- especially before Pira woke up and decided that she wanted to ‘practice’ too. That thought in mind, he quickly got dressed and left the family hut.
Outside the city’s wall he had hoped to find a nice deserted stretch of icy shore to work on but he wasn’t the first person that morning to decide to get a little practice in. A short distance down the shore from him was someone practicing, and Pal couldn’t help but notice that they were making snow animals despite the fact that even at this distance the someone in question looked like he was a bit older than Pal. You’re just jealous that his snow animals actually look like something because the last time you made snow animals, Pakoda asked why you made a badger-mole when you were going for a lion-turtle… Pal’s subconscious chided. Pal sighed. His subconscious had a point. Jealous wasn’t going to make his bending skills any better, only practice would. “Today’s lesson….” He muttered to himself. “Lift water straight up from the ocean, until tired.” Not for the first time he regretted giving up more formal lessons but the decision hadn’t been all his.
Pal sincerely hoped that the other bender wouldn’t notice (or worse, laugh at) his limited attempts as he began doing the rather unglamorous waterbender equivalent of push-ups.

Mood: Sleepy
Back to top Go down
Alohi
Alohi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Alohi Wakui Oikimai

Practice makes perfect, is the phrase that repeated in Alohi's mind like an echo in a tunnel or the motion of a metrenome. His eyes would open and close slowly as he continued to focus on creating creatures from the water. It was truly a process at times because it requried deep concentration and the slightest slip up would ruin the whole entire focus trans. Looking down at the water you would be able to see the remnant of a creature being formed. What creature might it have been you might ask, well if you take another glance at it you would be able to see that it was a dolphin. The dolphin quickly jumped out of the water as flicked its tell in the air, its body when bent was shaped like the crscent moon, beautiful and majestic.

It was then when Alohi heard water splash behind him did the dolphin disperse into water and fall back into the ocean. He turned around to see where the noise had been coming from when he quickly spotted another water bender apart of the southern water tribe gettign in a little early morning training before the day truly started. Alohi would have been upset but, that wasn't in his nature, he was actually quite happy to see some life in the southern water tribe that morning, so by instinct he decided it would be ebst if he just walked over to where the person was and politely meet and greet with him.

Back to top Go down
Pal Li Jeon
Pal Li Jeon

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:38 pm

At first, Pal was able to lift what he considered to be a fair amount of water, maybe about the weight of a large penguin. But after a few repetitions, his arms started to shake. Ok, lift less… he thought, frowning in concentration. And that worked, again, for a few repetitions. Maybe if I focus on lifting less water altogether, just lifting with my fingertips? Ten points of water coming up from the sea. Can I do that? It was worth a try… Pal’s frown deepened as he tried out his new idea. It was working! Pal grinned- and immediately the water dropped back into the sea. He sighed in frustration. “Concentrate already…” he mumbled to himself. His head hurt from all the concentrating he’d already done.
Motion out of the corner of his eye caught Pal’s attention and he turned to see the other waterbender heading in his direction. Even at a fair distance Pal thought he recognised him as that swampbender who’d come to the SWT not that long ago. Pal didn’t remember his name though, which was a little embarrassing. “’Morning,” Pal called when the other man got closer, but he didn’t wave. His arms were tired.

Mood: Awake
Back to top Go down
Alohi
Alohi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 am

Alohi Wakui Oikimai

The moment the other water bender had noticed Alohi, a smile had spread across his face like butter on toast. He waved at Pal and was about to greet him when pal had beat him to the punch. Alohi had lost his train of thought and forgot the mans name. It was utterly embarrassing so he hesitated a bit before actually greeting the man. he wanted to bypass the whole phase of awkwardness so he decided to take the initiative and introduce himself instead.
"Hello, I'm Alohi. You probably already know who I am. I just moved here not to long ago. I live in my grandmothers home after she passed,"
He looked at pal with a smile and stuck his hand out waiting for him to shake. Whether he shook it or not Alohi moved on to a new topic. "So I see you are getting in an early morning excercise," He then looked at Pal's arms and saw them shaking, "And by the looks of it, you must be training hard," Alohi said smiling as he was about to make a remark but decided not to.

A gentle chill breeze would sway its way in the two's general direction as Alohi looked off into the horizon gazing at the snow, ice and water.
"How a place like this managed to stay the same after so long is still something I hope to understand one day," He placed his hand on the snow and began to concentrate. he blocked off all outside distractions and the snow began to mold and form into that of a large bear. Once the ebar was compelte it toward over the two and looked down at them as it plopped it bottom on the snow beneathe it sitting down. "Making snow creatures is a specialty of mine," He said, "I know every water bender can do it, but I do it more than others," he smiled as the ebar still stared.

Back to top Go down
Pal Li Jeon
Pal Li Jeon

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Alohi, that was it, Pal thought after the man introduced himself. He felt stupid for forgetting the man’s name previously. Pal hadn’t shaken hands, lifting his arms was difficult, at the moment but he hoped the man hadn’t thought he was being rude.

Pal watched intently as Alohi created the large snow-bear, trying to get a good idea of how he was doing it.
Quote :
"Making snow creatures is a specialty of mine," Alohi said, "I know every water bender can do it, but I do it more than others.”

“I’m not so good at it,” Pal admitted, sitting down as well. It was a relief to sit down after some hard training. “I’m Pal,” he said. It seemed reasonable as the other man had introduced himself. “About the… lack of change, I guess, down here… I’ve heard it said that water is the element of change but my gran said it’s also the element of contradictions. So, if there are places that change a lot there have to be places like this that don’t change as much, even if you wish they would,” he added wryly, biting his lip.

It would be nice to have a change, to leave the Southern Water Tribe where he was just a below average water-bender and go somewhere different. “When did you start learning how to bend?” Pal asked. “I did when I was about eight but I’ve never been much good. Is water bending really different where you’re from?” He hoped he wasn’t being rude asking so many questions. Since he usually preferred for people to not bother him for questions it was a little against his nature to talk so much, but it was early in the day still.

Mood: Curious
Back to top Go down
Alohi
Alohi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) Ikki-anime-guys-3037410-499-789
Alohi Wakui Oikimai

It was only for a brief moment but the look on Alohi's face seemed to be in amusment of Pal. Alohi smiled and chuckled a bit as he looked around. He then focused his attention back on Pal. "I've been bending since birth, not literally but you get the point," He smiled, "With me, the water is like my friend. I feel as if I can talk to it and it will be sure to respond back to my call," He turned tot he vast ocean that stood before them. "Its almsot as if the water is my real birth mother. Like I was born somewhere out there, and not in the Swamp." He turned back to pal. "As strange as that may seem if you where in my shoes, you would feel the same exact way,"

Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t693-alohi-wakui-oikumai-complete
Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

EXP : 450
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Runaway

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Xue Jing

Xue was attempting to be secretive. She was visiting her brother, and trying to avoid being seen by her mother or father, who would probably smother her to death. Xue simply wanted to talk to her brother, and then planed on visiting an air temple or two, because she had heard that they were pretty interesting.
The best way for Xue to visit her brother undetected was in the early morning. Xue had talked to her brother, but as the sun began rising, Xue knew that her parents would be out and about soon. So it'd be best to leave.
While Xue was making her way at the edge of the water tribe, she saw a waterbending class. The teacher seemed to be better than her own, old master. He seemed to be more... patient with the students. Xue stood and watched for a minute, wondering if she should continue leaving the water tribe, or to participate in the group.

Mood: Sleepy
Condition: Cold

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)   A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

A day in the life of Alohi (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1