The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Killer's Apprentice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alxina
Staff Admin

EXP : 2065
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Unofficial Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 am

The little girl shook her head slowly, taking in the woman's appearance with wide eyes. Her clothing seemed to be made of...skin. "I come here to be alone. I know how to get home," she said, finally finding her voice. The woman looked mysterious, and Alxina's curiosity was peaked.

She normally didn't talk to strangers, since that made her momma mad, but this lady was too interesting to ignore. Being a child, she didn't realize that nosiness and curiosity could get her harmed. She pointed at the woman's clothes, saying as she did so, "How'd you get your clothes like that, lady?"

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Wed May 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Alxina looked up at her with her big blue eyes. They widened as the woman told her to run, and Alxina's lip jutted out with a small pout. "Why would you want my skin?" She said, not fully realizing the danger she was in, but also knowing that no skin would be really painful.

"I'm all small, anyways. My skin won't be much." She said, thinking fast. She concluded that someone without skin can't live, and she didn't want to die today. "Please, lady. Please let me keep my skin, I'll do what you want if you do. I could...bring you people. Just please let me keep my skin. I like it on my body and not on yours..." At this point, she really didn't care what was asked of her.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 am

Alxina nodded at the lady before saying, "I have the perfect people to bring to you...can I meet you back here later on tonight?" She asked.

"Fine, kid. But if you're not here by then, I will come and find you. And I will take your skin." The woman answered. Alxina nodded, running back towards her house with the skin hat in her hands.

She burst through the front door, where her brother and sister were performing, showing off their airbending to her parents. "Momma! Look at this pretty hat!" Alxina said happily, placing it atop her head. Her mother gave her a look of disgust and horror, before her father said,
"Where on earth did you get such a ghastly hat, Alxina?! Take it off, now!" Alxina knew she finally had their attention, and she smiled cheekily before shaking her head. Her brother attempted to blow it off of her head, but she was ready, and held it down. When he finally stopped, she turned and ran out the door, knowing that they'd give chase.

They might be airbenders, therefore making them faster than she, but she knew these streets better than anyone. She ducked into a large alleyway, and waited until the big gust of air told her that they were gone. She quickly stepped out and saw that they were heading in the wrong direction far too quickly. She whistled before sticking her tongue at them and running off. Her brother was slowly closing in, and she made a sharp right, causing him to blow right past her. Her sister was much smarter, and climbed along the wall so as to not lose speed and keep up with her.

Alxina's breathing was becoming more and more labored, but she knew that she must keep going until the sun was beginning to set. She had told the woman that she'd be there tonight, but it was still late afternoon. She pushed herself harder, and then ducked under some bushes, hiding herself efficiently. It was a good thing she was so small. She felt the wind rush past her again, and was satisfied that they'd be gone for at least a few minutes. They'd no doubt figure out pretty quickly that they weren't chasing her and double back, and by then she'd be running the opposite way.

She focused on her breathing, regulating it slowly.
"Oy! This way, Ma!" She heard her brother's voice. Well, time to get going. She snuck a peak at the sun, and saw that it was almost halfway under the horizon.

She ran out, her brother close on her heels, and hurried to where the woman was waiting. She'd just brought four large fresh prizes for her. This would surely prove that she was useful, and she'd be allowed to keep her skin. Plus, her family problems were now solved. No more bullying siblings, no more controlling parents. She was finally free. She smiled to herself as she ended up in the same area that she'd met the woman in.

The woman wasn't quite there yet, which was perfect, as her brother was still about two minutes away, the rest of her family a little farther behind. She'd keep them busy with a silly argument about the hat, and then the woman could deal with them herself...

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

"You brought me your own family? I like the way you think, tell me your name, child. I shall be your new mother." The woman said with a voice like silk. The small girl gave the lady her best smile. She was proud of herself, and was glad that she'd gotten the woman's approval. "My name is Alxina," she said. She looked down at her dead father, lying in a growing pool of his still warm blood, then turned to look at the rest of her family. Her sister's eyes grew wide and pleading, while her brother looked at her stonily. Her mother was staring at the ground, small tears in her eyes.

She sneered at them all and turned away. She didn't want, nor need them. She had a new mother, a new family. Someone who was exciting, and could teach her so much more than the buffoons she once called her family could. She took one last look at her mother, who was now staring at her with terror-filled eyes and tears falling along her cheeks. She shook her head, and turned to the lady, her new mother. "And they're not my family." She added.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Alxina nodded at this, and moved her hands around with the claws on them, getting used to the feel of them before approaching her brother first. His jaw was clenched tightly, but she could see the fear shining in his eyes. This was her chance to get revenge on him, for all those times that he hurt her, and pushed her in the mud, and called her names. All those times that he made fun of her at school for not being able to bend.

She began to remember the times that he let her fly with him though, but she quickly hardened her heart. He was not her brother; he was a boy who hated her, perhaps even more than she hated him. She got down on her knees, staring into his eyes with a cold hatred. He stared back up at her, the same look in his own eyes, but much less intimidating because of the fear in them as well.

She placed a claw near his temple, taking a deep breathe. At this point, her brother was almost trembling, tears coming to his eyes. She knew he would never break though, not for anything, and she enjoyed seeing his fear.

The once fearless man-boy reduced to tears. This brought her a great deal of satisfaction, and she ran the claw from his temple down his cheek, leaving a trail of blood. A small thrill of excitement ran up her spine, and she knew she could do this. She stabbed the claw into his temple, and it slid in as easily as butter. He gave a small gasp of pain, and his eyes snapped shut and his head drooped, blood flowing freely from his head. She pulled the claw out, knowing that killing her mother would both be easier and harder.

Easier because she's managed her brother, but harder because she was her mother. Her hands were a little cold, and she wanted this over with quickly. Ice claws tend to chill the skin after a little while. She came to stand over her mother, who was looking at the bodies of her father and brother. She clicked the claws together impatiently; her mother's head snapped up to look at her.

Alxina had the sudden desire to hear the last pleas of her mother. All too often, when she was spanked for doing something wrong, she had begged her mother to stop. Her mother never did, and only stopped when her father told her to. Her father had been quite a controlling man, and her mother had feared him more than she cared for her own daughter. The other two were never spanked; she had always blamed this on the fact that she couldn't bend.

She snipped the gag in her mouth off of her mother and waited for her to speak. Her mother didn't for a moment, and then opened her mouth.
"How could you, Alxina?" was all she said. She didn't even have the decency to plead for her own life! Alxina shook her head at her disgrace of a mother before stabbing her through the chest, right into the heart.

She stood up, and looked at the lady. "Did I do well?" she asked, as the only thing she cared for now was this woman's approval.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Alxina smiled as her new momma hugged her tightly. She hugged her back, her little arms holding her tightly, and then they let go. She watched as her new momma approached her sister. "I have decided to let you live, you have three options. Run home and tell everyone what happened here, stay here and be killed, or join us." She said.

Her sister looked up at her new mother with fear showing plainly on her face. Her sister was all about survival and self-preservation, even if it meant being cowardly or backing down from a fight. Her sister shook her head, and Alxina hurried over and took the gag out of her mouth. She did not do this out of love for her sister, she did it out of love for her new mother.

"N-No," her sister said, her voice trembling with fear. "I..I just w-want to go home, p-please."

Alxina looked to her new mother, waiting on her decision. If her sister were allowed to go home, it would mean that she could never return to the city. Bah, who cares about some silly city anyways? she thought. She had a real momma now, one who wouldn't ignore her just because she couldn't make a bunch of air move.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Alxina payed special attention to how her new mother took the skin from her father's body, barely even blinking. She was lead to her brother, and then the ice claws were back on her hands, and she was copying the motions her momma had used, effectively peeling the skin away.

The skin wasn't nearly as well cut as her new mother had done, but she did get a few rather large pieces that were alright. The only negative thing about the strips she gathered was that the lines were jagged, while her new mother's had been straight and precise.

A little over a quarter of an hour later, though, Alxina had all of the skin from her brother's body, and she carried it to her new mother, her clothes and face spattered with bits of blood. She wondered how her new mother had managed to do everything so neatly, but she was sure it was just something that came with a lot of practice.

She smiled up at her, proud of how well she had done, and hoped that her new momma would be pleased.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Alxina hugged her back happily and watched as her new mother collected the skin off of her old one. She then turned and looked at her, saying as she did so, "Let's go to your new home." Alxina smiled. "Okay!" she said happily, collecting as much skin as she could carry in one of her little arms, and then held her momma's hand with the other.

She was a lot happier now, having murdered her own family and skinned them, than she had ever been before. How sadly ironic that was.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Alxina smiled at the little hut, thinking it looked just like something out of a fairytale. Her mother then began to tan the skin that they had collected, explaining that if they didn't, the clothing would rot. Alxina paid attention once again, memorizing every word and action that her momma did.

She then left to go get her brother's body, and Alxina laid out his skin the way her momma had shown her, and when her brother was brought to her, she cracked his skull open, and then used the brain matter to prepare the skin the way her momma had shown her. Her already bloody hands now became even messier, and her clothes were soon completely trashed by the work. Her mother still looked perfect though, no a single spot on her clothes except the blood on her shirt, which Alxina had left there when they hugged.

Eventually, she finished, and showed her mother the work she had done. It wasn't as neat or clean as her momma had managed, but good enough. She looked at her hands and wrinkled her nose at them, then wiped them in the grass to clean them a little bit.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Alxina helped her momma prep the bed, and then went outside for a moment and came back with little plants in her arms. She smiled and said happily, "I found dinner!" She used to eat the little plants at home, her old mother had cooked them in a delicious potato stew.

She set the plants down and began pulling the leaves off, one by one, the way she used to do at her old home, where she didn't belong. She set the leaves in a pile, and when she was finished, threw them outside underneath some trees. The only part they would want to eat was the stalks of the plants, because that was the part that wasn't poisonous.

She looked up at her momma and asked, "Where do you want me to put them?"

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Alxina nodded and did as she was bid, first setting the stalks of the plant where her momma had indicated, and then running outside and collecting every single leaf she had tossed away, before bringing them in and dumping them on a table.

She then went and sat on the floor near her mother, watching her chop her brother to pieces and put the chunks into a big pot. A few moments later, her tummy rumbled loudly as the scent of the food wafted around. "What can I do to help?" she asked, feeling quite useless just sitting there.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Alxina ground the leaves, one by one, into a thin paste. She continued at this, and when she finished, she went and collected more of the leaves to use. Having finished grinding the leaves just in time for dinner, she smiled at her momma and ate the food. It was delicious, the best thing she'd ever eaten!

Grinning, she finished the food quickly, trying to slow down to savor it but was so hungry that it was all she could do to just scarf it down, and since they were both still hungry, her mother put the rest of her brother's meat into the big pot and started cooking that too. She smiled, and went outside for a little while to play. She climbed a few trees, found a small creek not too far from the hut and played with some of the fish in the water, picked flowers for her new mother, and collected more of those leaves for later, so that they wouldn't run out of the poisonous paste.

She then went back inside, her normally pale cheeks pink, and smiled at her momma before placing the flowers all around the hut, setting a few red ones on her momma's pillow and smiling around the place. It looked much more pleasant now.

Last edited by Alxina on Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 pm

"Well, should we throw in your old mother as well?" Momma asked. Alxina nodded, finishing the last bits of her brother off. She hadn't realized that she was so hungry, but now that she had eaten, she realized just how ravenous she had been. Maybe that, or maybe it was just the way her momma cooked food that made her want more.

It was dark outside now, and she yawned. She felt tired, but fought against the fatigue, struggling to keep her eyes open. She didn't want to sleep yet, the day had been so exciting. She was also terrified of the nightmares that plagued her every sleeping moment. She realized that her new momma probably wouldn't know to sing her a lullaby before sleeping, and she felt the first pang of sadness for what she caused herself to lose. But she quickly steeled herself, reminding herself of all the times her own family hurt her.

They hurt her more than all of the bullies at school, but she supposed that this was because they were the people she had cared for most and they didn't care about her. No, she would not allow herself to feel sad for what she had supposedly lost. Because she had gained so much more, something so much better than what her old family could've provided her.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Alxina poked her full tummy, impressed that she had eaten so much. It had been so delicious, though, she couldn't help herself. She looked up as her mother spoke, "Tonight is your first night in a new home, why don't you sleep with your new mother? Just for tonight, so as you can get used to sleeping out here."

Alxina smiled at this and nodded. She was glad that her mother had said this, because she really didn't want to wake up screaming. If she slept with someone, at least she could be sure that she won't scream when awakened. She's definitely still wake up repeatedly, but at least the fear wouldn't be so much.

She yawned, big, and her eyes drooped heavily. Today had been so busy, what with running from her family and killing them, then skinning them and tanning the skins, and then going outside and helping with dinner. She yawned again, not able to help herself. Perhaps I'm so sleepy that the nightmares won't come, she thought happily before yawning for a third time.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Alxina put on the sleeping gown that her momma gave her and snuggled up next to her, falling asleep almost the moment she closed her eyes. Her breathing evened, and it seemed to her that she automatically entered the dream state.

She was running through the streets, a replay of this afternoon's escape from her angry family. But this time, her airbending family was not alive. They were skinless corpses, large pieces of their meat falling through the streets. Their mouths were haggard and open, and their eyes were empty sockets. Despite their horrid visages, they were running at the same speed as before.

She ran to the same place where her new momma and she had killed them, but instead of her beautiful mother stepping from the shadows and tying up her old family, she looked the same as the corpse family: large, gaping eye sockets, no skin, bleeding everywhere. They all cornered her, coming towards her slowly, pulling out daggers and knives, her own new mother forming her ice claws. As her momma's ice claws first touched her skin, she gasped and sat up, shivering.

Tears began to run down her face, and she cuddled closer to her mother, sniffling in the night until she fell into another restless sleep.

-------
"Wake up my child, it is a lovely day today." Her mother's voice acted like a rope, pulling her out of the dream world. She woke with a small gasp, and opened her large blue eyes to see her mother standing over her, wearing a kind expression. She sighed in relief and stood on the bed to reach her new mother. She then hugged her tightly, burying her little face in her shoulder, fighting the sniffles and tears that were threatening to overtake her.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

"What's the matter child? Do pray tell. What is it? If it was a nightmare than don't worry about it, I used to have them all the time when I was your age. They are nothing to be afraid of. Let's go make you some clothes, okay?" Her momma said, before pulling away and giving her a kind look. Alxina smiled at her, rubbing her eyes with her fists. She hopped off the bed and landed on the balls of her feet, noting that instead of landing with the lightness of an airbender, she landed with the lightness of a gazelle.

It was still a light landing, but odd for Alxina, and she looked down at herself to see that she must have gained a few pounds during the night. Guess meat off of someone else's bones will put meat on your own, she thought, shrugging. Maybe the slight weight change would help her get a little taller, since she was a tiny little thing, standing at only four feet and 3 inches tall.

She nodded at what her mother said, before saying, "After we make the clothes, can I take a bath?" She was still slightly dirty from yesterday's work, and didn't like the gritty feeling on her skin.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Alxina nodded and went inside, putting her old clothes on. They were definitely tighter, especially around her tummy, but she really had no intention of eating quite so much again. It was delicious, but it was probably unhealthy for her, especially at such a young age, to be eating so much. She then took them off, putting the sleeping robe back on. It was more comfortable, as it was looser.

She went back outside to help her momma, saying as she did so, "They're much tighter." She wandered off for a bit, looking around the hut and the area near it before ending back up with her momma. She then looked up at her, awaiting her instructions.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 am

The small girl did as she was bid, but in the end her clothes were not nearly as nicely done as her momma's. She was upset with herself at this, and pouted at the clothes which were slightly too long on her short little body, and stitched sloppily.

"They look yucky," she frowned, her lower lip jutting out in a small pout. "I did bad, Momma. I'm sorry," she said, thoroughly disappointed in herself. She had been doing well, but it was apparent that she lacked her momma's skill with a needle and thread.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:47 am

Alxina giggled at the horrid mess her mother brought out to show her, suddenly happy with the way her clothes had turned out. She rolled up the sleeves a little bit, but they still fell far past her wrists. The over-large clothes were quite adorable on her, especially as she began to walk, and tripped because of her pants.

She smiled and stood, and rolled those up, as well, before looking at her mother happily. "Now, it's bath time!" She said, in a demanding nine-year-old voice. "And then we have lots to do! I'm not sure what it is, but we have to hurry! The whole day shouldn't go to waste!" She declared in her best impression of a mother, before grinning at her momma.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 pm

"So, how's about we go hunting? It doesn't have to be a person this time around." Her momma said as Alxina wrung her sopping hair out with her hands before braiding it with small, capable fingers. She'd learned to braid watching her older sister do it, and decided that if she were going to be doing a lot of learning today, she'd best keep her hair out of her face.

She nodded at her mother's suggestion, excited for what the day would bring. Hunting semed to be quite an exciting prospect, and now that she knew how to hunt humans, she really should learn to hunt animals as well--although there wasn't much difference between the two.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:47 am

Alxina watched her momma slay them both with an intense sort of pleasure, and then smiled as her mother inquired which she'd enjoy for dinner. "A small bit of both, perhaps? And then we can save the rest for later." She said, clambering through the brush to reach her mother and examine the deergoose with fascination.

"How will we get them both home, though? They look heavy." She asked, curious as to how they would drag both the deergoose and the man back home.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 am

"I think, we can just eat all of them, without waiting." Her momma said as Alxina watched and helped silently. She looked up, and opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again. She then opened it again, this time saying, "That's a lot of food for just two people. But whatever you want, Momma," she said with a sweet smile.

She had always been a bit of an argumentative girl, but she knew that if she stepped out of line, her momma would barely hesitate before punishing her for it--most likely permanently. The only thing she really wanted at the moment was to pull a prank, though. Her hands were itching to try her new skills on people--her elaborate pranks had always given her a good laugh, but perhaps she would be able to do something to please her momma at the same time.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 pm

As her momma cooked the meal, Alxina applied a technique she'd learned in her old home to the remaining meat. Her old, false mother would salt the meat, and then wrap it in a thick cloth. Alxina went and found all the salt she could in the kitchen and began to rub the salt into the different meats, to draw out the moisture and preserve them.

Her mother then said it was time for dinner, and Alxina happily ate the man and the deergoose. She preferred the man's flesh to the deergoose's, but the deergoose was good too.

They then went to bed, and little Alxina was so tired that she for once fell asleep--without nightmares.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Alxina nodded at her mother's question and smiled, "I like the deergoose, but the humans taste much better," she said before taking another little bite of the man.

"What are we doing tomorrow, Momma?" She asked curiously. She would really love to go into town and show her momma that she could bring people to her, instead of ambushing them, but she didn't state this. She simply waited for her mother's answer with happy anticipation.

Alxina
Staff Admin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

She looked at her mother with her big blue eyes as she stated that she'd get some claws of her own, and Alxina couldn't help but feel extremely pleased with the information. Her own claws? It was as though this was the greatest gift she could ever receive in the world, and she barely heard the rest of what her mother said. She hurried and hugged her momma as she said that she would be making breakfast for them, and then turned and went outside to play. She was still a child, and all children loved to play.

She hopped around for a bit, playing a game with some stones and scribbled squares in the dirt. The objective was to jump in the squares and avoid the one with the stone. She then went and found a few small twigs under the trees and tied some together with blades of grass, making small little twig people. She built them dirt houses and giggled at how silly she made their lives. When her mother called her in for breakfast, she ran to the stream and washed her hands. Then Alxina picked up the little twig people and hurried inside before stashing them near her bed, and then sat down with her momma to eat.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Killer's Apprentice    

Back to top Go down

A Killer's Apprentice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next