The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Main Storyline

Go down 
+10
Ryu Tatsuo
T.K.
Katoraka
Zulera
Commander Star
Loki
Xilingshi
Novai
Meili
Liao
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

The Main Storyline - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

It's more like a board of complaints, and while the populous of the website is overly excited on your decision to stay, it also respects your other decision to not contribute your ideas.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Well if you are no longer donating your ideas to the site, then there is no reason for you to remain an administrator.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 pm

not true, given that you do not need to be an administrator to provide ideas for the main storyline. that was the extent of me withholding my ideas.

and Novai, nice try... but no. There is a difference between complaining about things regarding the forum (such as was done in the leaving thread) and having a complaint thread regarding a particular member. But, I'm not here to feed into your argument. I just stated that I'm not giving *story-related* ideas. I never said anything about shirking administrative functions, otherwise I might as well just announce my full-on leave from the site.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 pm

There are complaints in the thread, if you took the time to read them, you'd find out they are about you remaining in the forum as an administrator not just about the forum. As was done in the (leaving thread), the complaints were pointed towards the administrative team, and this thread is just the other side to it.

Part of being an administrator is to contribute *story-related* ideas and understand the ideas that others have, perhaps give them tips on how to improve them or suggest a different route. This thread was a legitimate form of that, perhaps they just weren't pointed enough. Administrative duties will never be confined to simple clean up tasks, or organizational duties, they extend beyond that towards monitoring of players and the contribution as a whole to the community, in whatever way possible.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:43 pm

no matter which way you try to slice it it, they're still different. Posting complaints about a forum because of how the staff or other members act, is different from posting complains about a member and how she acts. The former of these should be made public so the administration team can get with the members and try to step things up. The latter of these should be taken up directly with the member in question, and/or the adminning team. Since said member (me) is an admin, no less, anyone who has complaints about me, needs to take them up with me personally, instead of turning this into an "Official Complaints about Zulera" thread.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Similarly those in the leaving thread should take their complaints with the staff/member in the forum that they are complaining about.

I didn't quite understand:

"Posting complaints about a forum because of how the staff or other members act, is different from posting complains about a member and how she acts"

"Posting complaints about a forum because of how the staff or other members act" = Solution should be to consult the staff/members on their action. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but the forum isn't the problem in this case, the staff/member is)

and

"posting complains about a member and how she acts" = Similarly the solution would be to take it up with the member in question. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Thus, in essence the complaints must be equal, since the solution is exactly the same. We can portray this mathematically as well:

For every number we plug into the function y = 2x +4, we will be given the same solution if we were to plug in for example 1. y = 6, and so for the problem you gave us, and tried to distinguish, the solution is inevitably the same.

Enough of the mathematics, hopefully it helped you distinguish that the number your plugging into the equation is exactly the same so the solution is the same as well. Trying to make it as though the complaints on this thread matter less than the complaints on the "Leaving thread" is not advisory and would warrant more attacks, perhaps not personal as you portray them as, but more...verbal, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:05 pm

TC;AGD

complaining about a member and complaining about a group of members is different, so to touch back onto your little illogical mathematical formula, it's like putting in one number versus putting in 4 or 5.
Because when it all boils down, people make up a forum. without people, the forum dies.

Summed up, it'd be like me saying "I'm leaving this country because I don't like the government". they posted why they were leaving, and I posted why I may end up leaving, as I recall leaving my official departure still as "up in the air".
Seeing as none of the individuals who posted their complaints about me were leaving, that's when the issue became personal. Given that it's one member, it's much easier to take it up with them personally.

So quit making silly incorrect assumptions. I wasn't trying to say that the comments here (about me) matter any less--just that they should be handled via PM, since they're about me personally, and I have an inbox.
Conversely, when a collective community (the forum, if you will) is the issue at hand, it's much less personal, because there are multiple people on both sides. that's something that is easier discussed on a forum or a chat, since those are mediums where many people can talk at the same time. personal issues with one member are better for PMs, given that one of the acronyms for PM is "Personal Message" [the other being "Private Message"].

But, while I am not leaving the forums, I *am* leaving this thread, and will not open it again. further complaints against me can be taken via PM, (or you can continue to talk about me behind my back, Novai, since I know how well you take people talking behind your back)... and if there's a critical storyline element that is presented here, I'm sure I will wind up seeing it get put into play on the forums if it's important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 pm

I know I only just joins and don't even have a charicter yet but, do you mind if I jump in with my two seance? If not I'll delete this post. First, I like the idea of split avatars though though I agree with Novai in the idea if it was a girl/boy one and will add on to that by saying maybe they could be twins. Like maybe there parents split up shortly after they were born. Or maybe one of there parents died after they were born and the surviving parent gave one of them up for adoption or something. That way they don't know there twins. Just a thought there.

While making some sort of system may help Again agreeing with Novai on this one, just because a style is aggressive dose not make it automatically dark or evil nor dose using a softer stile automatically make it light or good. It depends on who is using it. If this keeps up I'm going to start thinking your my sibling or something Novai Smile 

How ever I do have to disagree with you on having a war will bring in players, I certainly didn't come because of any plot that you're currently having. I cam because I found this place by accident while looking for photos of female air benders. While yes a good storyline dose help keep those who do come in, what you really need is some good publicity.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 am

so for starters, here is a somewhat updated and much less messy version of the storyline as we know it.
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1228-the-main-storyline-revised-2013

this conversation is over a year old and has since been dead in favor of slightly more realistic options.
the flaws are numerous with an idea of more than one avatar both because of the way the mythos of the show was/is set up, but also because of numerous terribly overused cliches like orphaned children, "separated-at-birth" siblings, "light versus dark", etc.

Moreover, I hate to burst your bubble, but Novai was banned because of his power abuse, both as an (ex)-admin and as a roleplayer. There is nothing wrong with having a war in a storyline, but it needs to be just that--story-driven. Novai's wars were essentially "I'm bored let's go to war". As an aspiring novelist and a connoisseur of good literature and writing, I am under the firm belief that something that big needs to have a good reason behind it.

We are also a forum that values literacy. We can understand if English is not your first language, but otherwise, proper spelling and grammar can take you a long way, especially if English IS your native language. Don't let that scare you off though. we don't ban people for petty offenses like that. we just encourage literacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Main Storyline
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5