The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe Empty
PostSubject: To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe   To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 am

To The Tribal Chief of the Southern Water Tribe, and whom it may concern,

It has come to my attention that your allies, the Fire Nation, are currently ravaging through my lands with the intent of desctruction. Owing to the lack of any known offenses towards them from the Earth Kingdom, I am led to believe that it is retribution for the offenses against the Southern Water Tribe, particularly those that were caused by King Lei and/or his agents.

I and my people do not wish for the reckless amounts of violence to continue among our peoples, and I would assume that given the traditional and family-oriented tribal values that your cultures hold in high regard, that your countrymen would not wish to see their daughters and sons sent off to war.

While I am obviously not expecting your armies to cease their attacks on me with no retribution, I am sending this letter to propose an alternate solution as opposed to bloodshed and destruction upon my lands, my troops, and your troops and people as well.
During the 54th Earth King Succession Crisis, Lei was removed from power and his life was brought to an end. His treachery will no longer stain our world with blood.

However, deviating back to my original topic, I would like to offer you a proposition. I understand that I cannot bring back the dead, and I would not expect you or your tribespeople to simply let the Earth Kingdom off the hook. Thus, name your price. I, in the name of the Earth Kingdom, will be more than happy to grant your requests as long as they are in reason.

I would however, like to emphasize the point that I am not Lei, and that my death, be it in battle or by other causes, would mean nothing more than slaying an innocent woman for the crimes of another. I acknowledge that by stepping up to the head of my kingdom means that I inherit having to resolve whatever crimes and problems my predecessor left upon my great nation, but I will not be exterminated for his crimes.

I do not wish to be your enemy, and I do not wish to slay your people, and hope you do not wish to slay mine. All of Lei's agents that were in positions of power or importance have been removed from their posts, and while a few were executed according to the law, most of them were imprisoned. If you wish to see them brought to your justice, I will be honored to arrange such.

I do not know what else to do to emphasize the message that I do not wish to continue the war that Lei has started, but I would also like to politely inform you that I and my countrymen cannot simply back down when war is on our doorstep. Like any respectable country, we will fight in our defense to save the lives of our innocent civilians and their lands, and will stop at nothing to keep our nation safe. However, I understand that there are others in this world that hold a similar level of persistence, which was why I sent you this proposition in the first place. I beseech thee, Tribal Chief, that if the shedding of blood has angered your people, let us end it together before more lives on every side get taken. Let us end the violent relationships that are building between us.

With utmost regard,
=Meili Mitali Zalika, 55th Earth Queen=
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

EXP : 538

Character Description
Position: Southern Water tribe chief
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe   To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:10 am

To Earth Queen Meili Mitali Zalika

I am sorry it has had to be this way, but the actions of King Lei have greatly effected my people. What you've said about the Fire Nation is true, i have called for there help in this. It is hard to send off many of our women and men to war, many of them are mothers and fathers and sons as you have said, but there hatred for the past events in which King Lei of the Earth Kingdom killed our chieftess. She was a mother to all of us, she was the greatest chief of the southern water tribe ever known, She was very peaceful she would never harm anyone, Your king murdered her. He murdered someone who would not fight back, what reason was there for that? You should've handed him over to us instead of killing him your self, maybe then we would not be in this mess. I have only done what was best in the interest of my people, the agents involved do not mean much to us but we will take them but this does not end the war, you have still killed the person of our interest. I will make an agreement with you, i would like to meet in person to discuss our deal and talks of peace, i will inform Fire Lord Novai of this and he will halt all his attacks on your lands. I hope you will agree to do this, things will get done faster this way.

Kanaryu Oshiro, Southern Water Tribe Chief.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe   To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 am

To Chief Kanaryu Oshido of the Southern Water Tribe:

I apologize for the pain that my predecessor has caused, and understand that emotional impacts that it must have. I also, unfortunately, cannot bring back the dead, be it your beloved chief for your people to be led by, or King Lei for you to punish. I do hope that you understand that Lei was dangerous enough that he could not be kept alive. Initially we had him imprisoned, but that did not end well, and within a day we realized that the only way to be safe from such a dangerous warmongerer was to execute him, lest he break free of our grasp and continue to wreak untold havoc across our lands and the lands of the other nations.

With that motion aside, I will accept your proposition of peace talks. I am currently En Route to Omashu, and will be honored to meet you there for the negotiations.

With utmost regard,
=Meili Mitali Zalika, 55th Earth Queen=
Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

EXP : 538

Character Description
Position: Southern Water tribe chief
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe   To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 am

To Earth Queen Meili Mitali Zalika

I understand about Lei he was a problem to both of us, but that will be harder for my people to understand there anger is hard to control, Even now they are finding it hard to agree with me on meeting you with talks of peace. But i have convinced them this will be better, It will be much better then losing so many lives. I will meet you soon in Omashu, i have let the fire lord know i will be making my way over there, he will stop his attacks on your shores as long as you promise not to attack him and his men while we discuss our deal.

Thank you,

Kanaryu Oshiro Southern Water Tribe Chief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe   To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe Empty

Back to top Go down

To The Chief of the Southern Water Tribe
Page 1 of 1