The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!

Go down 
+3
Tei Kaze
Sanaki
Novai
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:30 am

then you have chosen your fate >:U

WE COULD HAVE BEEN FRIENDS!

nah, just kidding. nothing personal. it just means that I will have to kill you.

EDIT: as I was retroactively modifying my character's history, I learned that I not only mentioned who Meili's parents were, but I also even named them by name and that they were both still alive, and both from the Earth Kingdom.
And if I think about it, it would in fact make a bit more sense for a pure-blooded earthbender [or at least Earth Kingdomer] to be next in line for the throne anyways, but... I am open for other suggestions if they can fit, and I'm not saying that everything I have is set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Meili wrote:
then you have chosen your fate >:U

WE COULD HAVE BEEN FRIENDS!

nah, just kidding. nothing personal. it just means that I will have to kill you.

EDIT: as I was retroactively modifying my character's history, I learned that I not only mentioned who Meili's parents were, but I also even named them by name and that they were both still alive, and both from the Earth Kingdom.
And if I think about it, it would in fact make a bit more sense for a pure-blooded earthbender [or at least Earth Kingdomer] to be next in line for the throne anyways, but... I am open for other suggestions if they can fit, and I'm not saying that everything I have is set in stone.

Well if both your parents are from the Earth Kingdom, that means Xue Xui's father was the water bender. If you were her sister, she'd have to be an Earth bender. You sort of limited her to being your daughter, nothing wrong with that but first ask Xue Xui how she wants to be related to you.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:27 pm

yeah, I noticed that, and it does make slightly more sense given how much older Meili is.
If she doesn't want to be my daughter though, maybe Meili can be an aunt or a cousin or something. I need to nag her about that, or need to tell someone to tell her to nag me if I'm not around when she shows up next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:55 pm

>.> I don't think we have a Northern Water Tribe Leader yet sadly, so if it is alright with everyone I'll make one? Let me know if anyone has a problem with that or thinks it is a good idea! ^0^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Half Sisters is what I had hoped them to be. Xue's father she had never met, and lived in the Earth Kingdom - could have had another wife, could have had an affair with Xue's mother. Xue isn't full Earth Kingdom - but if your character is, it would be fine. /wanders on chat/

Kaji, if you make a leader - Xue will have known you! I am looking forward to see what you create.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:25 pm

that could work, but that still leaves a 22-year age gap between them, seeing as Meili is 41 and the oldest of 7 children [full-blood siblings, from both the EK parents].

just something to think about. *wanders onto chat*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Meili and I have chatted on the forum. Woo.

I have rewritten Xue's profile to better suit an avatar. Also - Xue's mother is no longer missing. I have switched the position of Xue's mother to Xue's father - and that he has gone missing. Xue's mother is Meili, Queen of the Earth Kingdom.

Profile: https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t399-avatar-xue-xui#2439

For commentary on Xue's heritage (tldr):

Xue's father, Lu Xui, was an ambassador that fell in love with Meili when he was doing his work in the Earth Kingdom. Meili, a Dai Li under an alternative name, got preggers with a biracial child and denied it to be her's due to her own Earthen pride. Lu Xui, with no choice, returned to the Northern Water tribe with a new born baby. Years later, Lu went looking for Meili, now the Earth Queen, and was captured by the Dai Li upon following her trail. He has been missing for five years. The assumption is that he has been killed by Meili or her Dai Li agents.

Xue is looking for her father, and will eventually (probably) be lead to Meili, her mother.

As Novai said - I think now that we have the ball rolling a bit, everyone will get to choose a side. I am playing Xue as a non realized Avatar, until something sparks the avatar state, or she exposes that she knows two bending arts - Water and some Earth. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else reacts to the war.

An activity check might be something to think about?
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:07 pm

definitely an activity check. Other than that, I approve of what is going down here.

Although really, if nothing else, and everything else came crashing down around us, you and I could still make a decent enough story on Xue meeting her mother, and that could become a plot of its own, BUT, I see that as something to resort to only if everything else falls apart in a worst-case scenario.

assuming that all makes sense anyways. that's how I see it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I would still like to keep this storyline.

The main storyline, now, I am quite confused about. How are we going to change things around with a split avatar spirit?
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:39 pm

it's still a confusing mess, no doubt.

I think we've pretty much green-lighted almost everything though, and so what I'm doing is just getting my show on the road. It's not strict enough that it will make other stories impossible either--Meili is a multitasker.

If you want your storyline to continue, I'd suggest dropping me a line or two about it owing to Meili's involvement in it. Let's see how well Meili can work with political scandals on more than one front, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3