The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!

Go down 
+3
Tei Kaze
Sanaki
Novai
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Missing family and political scandals. Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 pm

All right, lovelies! This is my first plotline idea, and I would like to include as many people as I can. I am very interested in the characters on this forum, and want to get my chance to meet as many as possible! Make many enemies and friends! Maybe make some new threads?

Here are my devices:

Xue Xui is biracial. Her mother is from the northern water tribe and her father is unknown. I had an idea that her father was from the Earth Kingdom, but he can be from anywhere really. Hell, he can be dead - that is fine. But what I am looking for is perhaps a half-sibling or family. If you would like to become family to Xue - consider it. She can be half of any other kingdom really. This could be a good tension if a war does indeed break out. Ideas?

Xue's mother is an ambassador to the Northern Water Tribe. She has also gone missing within the last five years. This, in my mind, was something to do with a political scandal. I am a little unsure who is at war with who - but would anyone want to kidnap an ambassador of the water tribe? This is especially directed anyone who needs a device for their own war plot. Xue's current goal is to find her mother and the only thing she is concerned with right now.

Lastly, I am hoping that I can use Xue as the Avatar. I applied originally for her to be the Avatar, but will have to prove myself to be active first. Xue is simply a skillful waterbender with the ability to tap into the spirit realm via water reflections. This will one day, I hope, build to her being the Avatar. This will only happen with the support of others. This is a path I would like for Xue to forge for herself, and I would like to support other's plots and ideas by doing so.

Ideas?

If you have any comments/thoughts/questions I would like to hear them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

From my understanding, the Fire Nation has allied with the Water Tribes and plan to wage war on the Earth Kingdom and Air Nomads. Sounds interesting enough to me considering the Air Nomads are a peaceful people and fire and water are opposites. If this war did happen, then the Fire Nation would have complete control over the oceans, boxing the Earth Kingdom in unless they did receive assistance from the Air Nomads.

If anyone would want to kidnap an Ambassador of the Water Tribe if would most likely be the Earth Kingdom. If Xue's mother was speaking with the Fire Lord about plans to wage war on the Earth Kingdom, then they would want her out of the picture to delay allied talks.

If Xue's father was from the Earth Kingdom and alive, this would probably throw the biggest twist in the plot since not only is the Water Tribe at war with the Earth Kingdom, her father would be somewhere in the large continent and she would have to figure out how to find him without getting caught.

I personally think that she should try to find her father in the Earth Kingdom when she goes on the search for an earth bending master if she turns out to be the avatar. It would build the plot and give the Fire Nation another reason to want to remove the Earth King from power as soon as possible - so Xue would be successful in reaching her avatar potential. It would also give the Earth King a chance to try to hold a pawn against the Fire Lord by capturing the avatar, showing that they could not attack if they wanted to keep her alive. They could use her father as a pawn to keep her from running away as well.

These are just my ideas and input. :] I'll let you know if I come up with anything else. <3
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

I like the plot twist that Kaji brought up, that would be an amazing storyline for us to follow. It would be intriguing to see Xue race through the EK to find her Father, OR perhaps her father IS the Earth King :O. Damn, that would be intense, since both sides think she is a threat.

As far as the Fire Nation comes into play, I'm the only commander of any Fire bending forces, and since practically all of the Water Tribes are inactive. I suggest that we find someone who is active to play the Water Tribes side of the war.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 pm

If we need an active member to play someone from the Water Tribes, I'll be more than happy to oblige, provided I'm given time to cook up another character, and we're allowed to have more than two already. >.<
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 pm

I'd say we need new Air Councilmen, Water Tribe Chiefs, and an Earth King, and were set to wage war!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:03 pm

To summarize, xD we need everyone except the Fire Lord and the Avatar. Anyone up for the task?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Earth King as the father would be interesting. Hmm~

We just need to see who is active! Do the Air Nomads have an alliance with Earth? Why would they wage war? /curious/
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Thats what I was thinking about in the beginning, whether the Air Nomads are the kind of people who would get involved, but then again, I'll be bringing the war to their doorsteps.

I think Tei Kaze is an active Air Nomad
Back to top Go down
Tei Kaze
Tei Kaze

EXP : 10282

Character Description
Position: Air Council
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 am

Yeah I'm still here, just don't have a reason to post lately. All of your ideas sound great and I'd be happy to participate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 am

Hey what about me. Considering that my character is already interacting with the hopefully soon to be avatar, I think that it would be great to be the bystander who accidentally starts the war by finding her mother in some horrid prison camp.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am

Fire Lord Novai wrote:
I'd say we need new Air Councilmen, Water Tribe Chiefs, and an Earth King, and were set to wage war!

I'll cook up a Water Chief if that's okay with people.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:35 am

Gysu Lee Frike, I don't want to force you into any position that you don't want to participate in. But your the only Earthbender left, either you could become the Earth King, or we could find someone from outside the forums to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 am

It would be lovely to see an Earth King with a backbone. Or an evil one to boot. But it will all have to be decided by the player. Ask your friends? Could always be an Earth Queen.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:52 am

I think an Evil Earth King would be nice, since I don't want everyone thinking the Firelord is the antagonist again...

An Earth Queen could also add to your story line Xue Xui, your mother was perhaps a spy who killed the Earth King but fell in love with your father an Earthbender and decided to stay. She however was in a position of power after the assassination and thus became the Earth Queen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 pm

I would prefer not to be the earth king. Though if push comes to shove, I think I might do it. Although we need somebody to teach the possible avatar earth bending. though I could get another character and make him the Earth King. But yea or nay on the prison camp ideal.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:03 pm

The prisoner camp thing sounds good too, I rather like the idea that you (Gysu Lee) could be the Avatar's master in the storyline. Unless Xue Xui already knows all of the elements o.o

And a yea or nay on the Earth Queen Idea?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm

The Earth Queen ideal also sounds good. And if she already knows the elements I'd like to be like a traveler that goes along for the ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm

I like the prisoner camp idea. And the Fire Lord not being necessarily the "bad guy". Why don't we wait and see who shows up? We can give them a position to fill. Explain that we need perhaps an evil character.

I don't have Xue knowing all the elements, since she is not the Avatar yet. I had her knowing minor Earth bending and that was it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:05 pm

Alright I could teach you my characters awesome and very different earth bending skills.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Can I be your partner in crime Xue? I wanna be your awesome snarky companion. Razz
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Fire Lord Novai wrote:
Gysu Lee Frike, I don't want to force you into any position that you don't want to participate in. But your the only Earthbender left, either you could become the Earth King, or we could find someone from outside the forums to do it.
If he's the only earthbender left, what does that make me? D:

I'll run the Earth Kingdom if no one else steps up. [and if someone *does* step up, it should be a gripping struggle for power of epic proportions.]

Fire Lord Novai wrote:

And a yea or nay on the Earth Queen Idea?
...which obviously means that I say "yay" to that idea.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:26 pm

I don't mind you becoming the Earth Queen, Meili, as long as your active.

Also how about that idea of the Earth Queen being the Avatars mother?
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 pm

well, Meili is 41, so to have an Avatar between the ages of 16 and 21 would be believable.
Granted, I'd have to do some SERIOUS re-writing of Meili's profile, (namely her history), but I might have to do that anyway to fit the Earth Queen part in.

I am also curious to know who my predecessor was. was Lei active enough to be counted as someone, or was he like the last Avatar, who showed up for a day or two and then went AWOL?

also--I thought the dad was the earthbender, not the mom. correct me if I'm wrong there.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Lei was active for quite a while, he already put the EK in an antagonizing position, he raided and killed the Southern Water Tribe Chief, so the Water Tribes would obviously want revenge and side with the FN.

So far that is all I know of Lei.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:15 pm

do you know why he did it?

in the default stance, Meili would expect some aggression from the Water Tribes, but she would not back down in her adamant defense of her nation. if the FN got involved, she'd be a little more WTF about this, and then she would probably crack down and wage war.

also, if by popular vote I am made the mother of the Avatar, she and I should probably get in touch. :B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing family and political scandals. Please read!   Missing family and political scandals. Please read! Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing family and political scandals. Please read!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next