The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meili Mitali Zalika

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Meili Mitali Zalika Empty
PostSubject: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika Mmz
Full Name: Meili Mitali Zalika
Element: Earth/Metal
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se, Middle Ring, Earth Kingdom
Position: 55th Earth Queen; Leader of the Dai Li (former?)
Training:
Hand-to-Hand: Expert
Earthbending: Master
Metalbending: Master

Personality: (354)
Meili is a schemer when it comes to politics, and in combat, she thinks about the fight, and thinks about diplomacy and general talk later. It's easier to bash heads in now, and ask questions later. She is not known as a woman with very high moral standards, but she is not an evil woman. She generally understands that good is better than evil, but it is her own advancement that matters most to her. She does not actively seek out the suffering of others for her own benefit; she just does what she wants, and whatever happens... happens. In the world of war and politics, she will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means to resort to unfair or amoral tactics. A good way to describe her would be "True Neutral", advocating neither Good nor Evil; neither Law nor Chaos.
Meili enjoys a good party and a good drink. She has been known to share profound wisdom while drunk, and often shares tales of her escapades (all true)  during this time. She is fairly honest outside of politics, and even then, she's usually pretty straightforward.
Meili is brave and fearless, willing to tackle any situation head-on without concern for the consequences. She is also a no-nonsense fighter and has no patience for the weak and the stupid, who in her mind, deserve to fall by the wayside. It does not necessarily mean that Meili is ruthless, but she is definitely badass. She has a wicked sense of humor, and will laugh at a great many things, including at the expense of stupidity.
Despite her slightly eccentric nature and other oddities though, Meili is also very cunning, and is skilled at what she does, which includes leading people. She was a clever and resourceful leader of the Dai Li, and retains these talents as the current Earth Queen. She is very confident about her abilities, and sometimes playfully arrogant, but the only time she brags about her abilities is if (or when) she whoops someone in a fight, where she usually tells them "You should know better than to attack me."

Abilities: (334)
Meili is a powerful earthbending master with skills in metalbending as well. She carries two slabs of metal that she sometimes bends into swords, but this is more just for intimidation than for actual combat. When she fights with her "blades", she more just swings them wildly--almost stupidly. Her true power comes from her fists and her feet. Meili sacrifices speed of defensive girth and raw power. She'll fight offensively or defensively, but when she fights defensively, she becomes a wall. Thus, defense is her preferred tactic, and she utilizes her massive amount of stamina to keep herself breathing while her enemies wear themselves out. She does not have the keen, precise "tremor-sense" that Toph has, but her keenness at locating earth (such as through metal) has given her some lesser form of this ability. She continues to train and to grow more powerful as a result, honing both her 'tremor-sense', as well as her earthbending tactics, and she works on innovative and powerful ways to augment her metalbending skills.
Hand-to-Hand: Meili's stocky and sturdy stature gives her a powerful set of fists and feet. She has a muscular build and tends to act like a brawler. She is an expert at close combat, so even without any earth or metal around, she is still a deadly opponent unarmed.
Earthbending: Meili fits the build of an earthbender in so many ways. She is strong, resilient, stubborn, and proud. her moves are powerful, and her cunning skill with the earth around her shows through her movements. She has a certain fluidity to her moves that allow her to link them together with ease, but her stances are rigid and strong.
Metalbending: Meili is an expert metalbender because of her forceful, blunt nature in so many things that she does. Her mastery of earthbending also included skills in metalbending as well, and this has worked to her advantage on many occasions. She considers herself a master metalbender given that she can bend metal with a few simple movements.

Appearance: (276-293)
Height: 5’2” (155cm)
Weight: 124bs (62.3kg)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Long, waist-length wavy brown hair
Skin: Tan/Light Brown

Meili has messy, long brown hair, tanned skin, and a short, muscular frame that has been very well-toned due to large amounts of physical activity. Like most earthbenders, she usually wears shades of greens, golds, or browns, and because of her social class, they are usually the golds and greens. She wears shoes and sometimes gloves, built similar to those of the Dai-Li, thus they are made of rock.
Meili's eyes are a brilliant shade of green, though sometimes her hair covers them a bit. She has a few prominent scars on her face and body, but none are remarkably noteworthy in their origins--they were just battle-scars. The most prominent of her scars is on her face, but this too just came from some unnamed bender hitting her with a rock or something--Meili does not remember the exact time or place, nor does she care. Even after being placed on the throne, Meili is more often seen in her warrior's armor as opposed to the royal finery, simply because she has definitely not gotten rid of her warmongering nature just because she succeeded the last Earth King. She often wears this armor (be it in shades of green or black) as somewhat of a precaution, since there have been assassination attempts made on her life. She usually is able to put it on through metalbending, but there are a few secret ways to make it pop right off if one knows where to look.
Underneath all that armor, Meili is muscular and still has a relatively smooth figure. Age has not taken its toll on her just yet, and she is still quite pretty.
[essentially, This is her.]

History: (834)
Meili was born in an upper-middle class family. She was well-provided for, and unlike many individuals in times like this, her family is still completely intact. Meili is the eldest of 7 children born to Sizoko and Kozue Zaliki. Meili's eyesight sometimes appears to be questionable, but she is not blind, and she can read just fine, so it might just be a cover-up. However, she is almost complete deaf in her left ear, and slightly hard of hearing in her right ear. Despite these hardships, they did not get in the way of her bending prowess and physical activity, and much of Meili's time was spent training in bending and participating in contests and legal bending tournaments. Well, most of them were legal anyways. She won some, she lost some, and she usually had a new scar as a trophy even when she won.
Meili was friendly and easy to get along with as long as no one tried any nonsense on her. Just because she could not hear you if you were standing to her left did not mean she did not know you where there. However, as long as someone wasn't trying anything on her, she was more than content to get along.
One of Meili's biggest problems was that she often times did not stop to think. She was a smart woman; but slightly lacking in common sense. However, any time she had one of these 'doofus moments', she usually made a joke of it. One of Meili's intellectual fortes was her sense of humor, which was difficult to top.
Meili was a convincing woman. If her words couldn't sway someone, perhaps her physical stature could. She did not need height to be imposing. Her short, muscular figure could pull a pretty convincing argument all on its own.
Meili's talent and ambition earned her a place in the Earth Kingdom military for many years when she was a young adult, and even now, there are rumors circulating that she never really left the ways of the army behind. At 41, Meili is still quite attractive and in good physical shape, because at least one thing is certain--regardless of if she has actually left the military or not, she has undoubtedly not given up her training. Her philosophy of "Whatever happens, happens" still clearly stands, however.
Meili continued to slowly work her way up the ranks, to the point where she was set to become the successor to Earth King Lei, 54th King of the Mighty Earth Kingdom. After his sudden death, she took the throne, and began what some would call a revolution. She took control of the Earth Kingdom at a dangerous time, given that her predecessor had attacked the Water Tribes unprovoked. Whatever the case, Meili kept most of the succession story under wraps, as it consisted of things "that people did not need to know."
The fall of Earth King Lei brought about a brief power struggle during which there was a lot of confusion, and what exactly went on inside the walls of the Palace wasn't exactly clear, even to most of the people *IN* the palace. However, shortly after 54th King Lei's death was made official, the individual to take the throne was female, and Meili Mitali Zalika became the 55th Earth Queen.
There was a lot of trouble in the early years of her reign, mostly from idiots like Firelord Novai and a man nicknamed "Gysu the Godmodder" for his terrible skill of ruining good stories. She made quick work of both of them, ending Gysu in a swift but glorious move that was publicly displayed for all of the Earth Kingdom to see. And there was much rejoicing.
Ending Novai's reign of terror took a bit longer as he launched relentless assaults on the Earth Kingdom in his quest for overpowered glory. However, Meili would have none of this, and with her might, and with the help of a conniving Avatar, they severed the Fire-Water Alliance quickly. Avatar Zulera gave the Water Tribes plenty of problems of their own to deal with, and almost did the same in the Earth Kingdom before she was captured and reprimanded by Meili. The two promptly battled, and Meili royally kicked Zulera's ass.
Her reign of awesomeness did not stop there, nor did it confine her to the walls of the palace. Meili continued to have numerous adventures, including many a crazy one in the Fire Nation with friends Kako and Tarek, and she also met a Guitar Sage who later became a Guitar God. Her affairs with this entity are not exactly clear, but she has at least one son from the matter, whoi is now in the custody of Kako because this son was a pansy and Meili basically disowned him.
So where is Meili now? She is busy rocking faces up and down the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes from pole to pole. Rocking faces in the Fire Nation is totally a given.

Reasons Why You Believe You Deserve a Master-Tier Character/Position:
Because I am Zulera, the Leading High Goddess of New Chapters, and am equal to or greater than all but the founder himself. That, and I've had this character for ages with no complaints.

**Required of ALL Master Tier Characters**

Character Box:
With Sample RP (645)

Meili Mitali Zalika

“So what brings a Firebender here, eh, Kimi?” Meili smirked, “And furthermore, what let you decide that you wanted to talk to one of us filthy, smelly earthbenders anyways?”
“Are you seriously going to get into this conversation again?” Kimiko rolled her eyes, “Besides, it’s not like today is my first day in the city. You’re a few days late on giving me my warm welcome.”

“Come now, Kimi,” Meili cooed, “I’m just wondering why you don’t try to kill me and all of my lawless, mysterious, earthbending kind.”
“Meili,” Kimiko argued, “you know I don’t believe that. You didn’t come here just to take advantage of Omashu's hospitality, did you?”
“Actually,” Kimiko chuckled, “now that you mention Omashu, you know who your man-friend came here with, right?”
“Who,” Meili joked, “your man-friend's sister? She's so manly that she could give the Earth Rumble Champion a run for his money.”

“You really are as stupid as you look, and that says something.” Kimiko laughed. “But be serious—you know who he came with, right?”
“I most certainly do,” Meili grinned, winking, “and so you travelled all this way just to meet up with your man now?”
“Well,” Kimiko confessed, “that was one of the reasons. Keep in mind that I really don’t care about this war. I support the values and tradition of the Fire Nation, but I do not believe that it is a cause worth destroying the world with force over.”

“So you’re one of the few with common sense then,” Meili asked, “unlike me, who is apparently as stupid as I look, am I right?”

“That about sums it up,” Kimiko answered, laughing at Meili’s remark, “Most people these days are pretty damn stupid. With the Kyoshi Warriors here though, things are really shaping up.”
“So if your people take the battle here,” Meili remarked, “which I know they will, then what are you going to do when the fights hits town?”
“I’ll be here,” Kimiko answered, “And I may end up fighting for the Earth Kingdom. This was where I ran into the man I fell in love with many years ago.”
“So Omashu isn't just full of beautiful people,” Meili joked, “but also a city of love? Spirit of my ancestors; where have I been all these years to not know this!?!”

“Koshu would like to hear that,” Kimiko chuckled, “especially since he apparently has you head-over-heels for him, if what he says is true—but that’s not the point. What matters is that the Earth Kingdom is full of good people, and they are worth dying to defend.”
Meili’s eyes popped open. “You really do have the right idea of how things should be,” she exclaimed, “You would be a good example for a lot of people--a lot better than I would, anyways. You've heard of my deeds.”
“I’d hardly consider myself a good example either,” Kimiko shrugged, “I’m just keeping it real.”
“So riddle me this,” Meili took another bite of the meat she was holding, “who is this man of wonders that you met here? I take it I already know, since I do know everything, but you never know. This might be the first time in the history of the avatars that I’m wrong.”

“Zeraio,” Kimiko answered straightforwardly, “but you knew that.”
“I did?” Meili exclaimed, “Well, belch me a lullaby. Either way, I guess I’m gonna split. I’ll swing by here later after I grab me a drink or something at the taverns.”
“Alright,” Kimiko replied, “Just don't accidentally kill someone again. We wouldn't want you to get blood all over your shoes again.”
“Sounds like a plan,” Meili nodded, “I’ll catch you around.”
She took off in one direction, while Kimiko casually strode off in another one. Kimiko had this feeling that Meili was going to be searching for Koshu at that tavern.

Mood: Content
Condition: Healthy
Link:

By typing your Forum name below, you acknowledge that your Master-Tier Character requires a considerable degree of activity(to be judged by our staff), and that you are subject to removal from your position of your Master-Tier Character if site staff unanimously decide you are not fulfilling this required level of activity in an undue respect. This judgement will also apply if abuse of this position occurs, whether in or out of character (IC or OOC). I'm the one signing this thing, not you, sucka.

Type Forum Name Here: Meili

Last edited by Xilingshi on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Revamping it and whatnot)
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

Approved.

Though, the highest rank I will give you is Elite. Though that it still one of the highest ranks people have at the moment.
..or perhaps you could be the first Earth Bending Master? I guess that's where the TBD is for? I'll put you as a regular bender for now, it can always be highered.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

that works. If you happened to catch any of my remarks about taking over the Earth King's throne, they were just jokes anyways. I'll take Earthbending Master if it's being offered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 pm

So lucky :V
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 pm

lol. my character is 41. She has had plenty of time and experience under her belt to become a master. :3
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 pm

BUMP!

character completely revamped and stuff to match up to proper standards and whatnot shizzle.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

I loved it! Approved!
Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Approved. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meili Mitali Zalika   Meili Mitali Zalika Empty

Back to top Go down

Meili Mitali Zalika
Page 1 of 1