The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Empty
PostSubject: Romance of the Three Kingdoms   Romance of the Three Kingdoms EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am

Wikipedia wrote:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms, written by Luo Guanzhong in the 14th century, is a Chinese historical novel based on the events in the turbulent years near the end of the Han Dynasty and the Three Kingdoms era of Chinese history, starting in 169 and ending with the reunification of the land in 280.
The story (part historical, part legend, and part myth) chronicles the lives of feudal lords and their retainers, who tried to replace the dwindling Han Dynasty or restore it. While the novel actually follows literally hundreds of characters, the focus is mainly on the three power blocs that emerged from the remnants of the Han Dynasty, and would eventually form the three states of Cao Wei, Shu Han, and Eastern Wu. The novel deals with the plots, personal and army battles, intrigues, and struggles of these states to achieve dominance for almost 100 years. This novel also gives readers a sense of how the Chinese view their history in a cyclical lense. The famous opening lines of the novel summarize this view: It is a general truism of this world that anything long divided will surely unite, and anything long united will surely divide (話說天下大勢,分久必合,合久必分).
Romance of the Three Kingdoms is acclaimed as one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature; it has a total of 800,000 words and nearly a thousand dramatic characters (mostly historical) in 120 chapters. It is arguably the most widely read historical novel in late imperial and modern China.

I'm not much of a reader. I haven't read any books out of free will in the last 6 years. Recently, I found out why I don't like reading: I don't like reading in Dutch. I've always been a great admirer of the Chinese history, and a Dynasty Warriors (game about the Three Kingdoms) fan. So I decided, hey, why not check out this book.

.. and so I did. Read 1 chapter. 119 more to go. Oh man. Books seems very interesting... though I won't finish it, most likely.

Anyone else ever heard of it?
EDIT: Oh, and here you can download it: http://www.kongming.net/novel/dl/rotk.zip
(shhhh... :3 Each chapter is saved as a HTML file, you can open it with Chrome or Firefox for example)
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms   Romance of the Three Kingdoms EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 am

I'm more into Greek mythology and ancient Persia, but hey, Dynasties sound nice too.
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms   Romance of the Three Kingdoms EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

Seems interesting, too. I know a bit about Greek Mythology.. but nearly nothing about ancient Persia, though.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms   Romance of the Three Kingdoms EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 am

I was pretty interested in Greek Mythology only because it seemed plausible to me at the time, Gods meddling in human affairs. Persian history is only interesting because of their constant conquests and massive battles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms   Romance of the Three Kingdoms Empty

Back to top Go down

Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: General :: Off-topic :: Chatcorner-
Jump to: