The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Auron Snow
Auron Snow

EXP : 115

Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE Empty
PostSubject: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 pm

[OOC: Kyorin Here, again. Two characters in a row. Looots of time sitting at the computer, thinking, and looking up thesaurus' and dictionaries.]

Full Name: Auron Snow
Element: Water
Birthplace: Northern Water Tribe
Position:  Bomb Terrorist / Ex-Military
Training:
Explosives (Master)
Escape: (Intermediate)
Fighting: (Beginner-Intermediate)
Waterbending: (Intermediate)

Personality: Snow is as much a philosopher as he is a sociopath. A gentleman artist through and through, he considers his chemically-induced explosions to be of the highest aesthetic and aims to make them as "beautiful" as possible in terms of pure, destructive capability and sound, the latter apparently being the most important criterion based on his keen ear for explosives and his manic enthusiasm for loud eruptions.

Snow's twisted psyche manifests not so much outwardly as in his personal philosophies. Not so much immoral as amoral, he stands as an inquisitive, apathetic observer most of the time, assessing people and situations while throwing out morality and the concept of grey areas as contaminating factors. Driven by such mindsets as "survival of the fittest" and "to the victor go the spoils", Snow takes great pleasure in determining whether the will and/or strength of one person or party is capable of overpowering those of another and genuinely respects people of strong will and unshakable conviction, but cares little to nothing for human lives that are affected or even lost as a consequence of the conflicts that arise. Even his own life is accountable to his warped ideals and he is only too glad to put his existence on the line.

Cool and mannerly, Snow is an avid philosopher and skilled rhetorician who argues his nihilistic viewpoints well enough to silence most naysayers. However, he seems aware that his mindset and actions are not in tune with the popular veins of thought and actively shrouds his sociopathy with gentlemanly decorum and clever semantics. As an analyst of human nature, Auron Snow understands exactly what needs to be said in order to hide his "heresy" from those who would not understand him. He is shown to be a very calculating and methodical man, able to seemingly perceive any and all matters at hand and use this information to better manipulate the situation, making him all the more dangerous.

But don't forget that this guy is short a few fuses. (337/300)

Abilities:

Explosives:

Snow knows just about everything there is to bombs and explosives. He is able to deduce calculations in his head instantaneously for ingredients and angles and fuse length. Ingredients is something he loves to play around with, finding new mixes and compounds and measurements. His pride and joy is one that is capable of leveling a whole building. It’s original design was big and hefty, but Snow figured out how to shrink it and use less material, but create the same explosion. His second favored is one that he doesn't get to build that much, a gas bomb. Using toxic gases from volcanoes in the Fire Nation combined with a small explosion and heavier gases, This thing can incapacitate a whole wing of a palace without destroying it.

Fight or Flight:

Snow is not afraid to fight on his own. He isn't a very good fighter all around, and not really specializing in anything other than knowing his way around a sword from his time with his father. He’s not that great in any department.

Snow is great at escaping and running, keeping himself fit with the old drills his father taught him. Always having a fallback with explosives planted, he usually has the perfect escape. He is a quick person in general, but can be a bit slow when it's time to dodge a punch or a stroke of a blade.

Waterbending:

Snow mostly uses this ability to carefully craft and execute his bombs. He recently figured out a compound that when mixed with water, makes sparks and flames, using this to help set off bombs remotely. He also uses it to bend the ingredients into their casings without touching them. He can use this for fighting, but doesn't know all that much of moves, although his time of carefully using water to help craft his destructive devices has made him a strong and precise bender. (319/300)

Appearance:
Height: 6’ 3”
Weight:  179 pounds
Eyes: Piercing Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair

Snow's manner of dress is usually of two clashing dress codes, giving more into his appearance of a lunatic. In each outfit, his personality seems to drastically change. Along with this, people seem to think he is bipolar, although he is always the same person with the same personality. He just dresses for the occasion, and doesn't want to get his suit bloody. One is nice and orderly, giving the way of him being a business man, and the second more like a punk. Although He is always tall and thin with piercing eyes colored blue.

His first is an all-white suit with a matching fedora and purple tie. He ties his long, black hair into a neat ponytail, leaving two long strands loose in the front. He walks upright and calmly, and is more in a philosophical and gentlemanly mood when like this.

In this dress, Snow's personality is significantly less gentlemanly and more menacing. His character is more openly sadistic and acts more often out of sheer pleasure, rather than towards any particular goal. Additionally, he seems to enjoy blood and death more than explosions, actively incorporating them into his combustive artistry rather than thinking of them as byproducts. His appearance is more thuggish as well, with his black hair left unkempt on top while his ponytail is wrapped almost entirely in pale yellow ribbon. Snow wears a white tank top underneath a black T-shirt, all underneath a large blue overcoat with white trim. He normally rolls up the sleeves. Some believe that this is his old military uniform, as it looks streamline and official. Although it hasn't been confirmed.
(271/260)

History:

Auron Snow was born of goodly parents in the Northern Water Tribe. His father was in the Military, even though at the time of his birth had no point. No wars were going on, no conflicts. But Nations always keep armies in case of attack or trouble brews up. Auron grew up well, hitting his growth spurt  at the age of thirteen. At the same age his parents discovered that Auron had the gift of waterbending. His father was proud, and tried to teach Auron how to fight, but Auron didn't much care for it. He got the basics down, but he would rather go into his room and tinker with the machines from across the seas.

Auron loved taking things apart and putting them back together. But after witnessing the soldiers making sea mines, Auron was instantly curious on how that would work. He toyed with chemicals and ingredients, much to his mothers disapproval. She thought that he was going to blow himself up. But Auron knew what he was doing. His father knew something was wrong when Auron planted a bomb in the side of the city wall. It took out a large chunk, sending it crashing to the ocean and people into panic. Auron was severely reprimanded for it. When asked to give an explanation, he explained that, “I was testing out my new toy, seeing just how BIG and LOUD the explosion would get!”

All of his equipment and tools were taken away, and Auron became a little depressed without them. They were what he did day and night. They took up every bit of his free time. He became angry with his parents for taking his equipment away. His father tried to train him again as a fighter, giving him drills and teaching him the importance of physical exercise. Auron took hold of the exercise bit and kept that up, but dropped the sword after only a few months. It wasn't until he was much older, about 28, when the War of Tipped Scales began. Auron immediately applied for the army, but in a different area than a foot soldier. He wanted to be an engineer. His father was fearful of Auron returning to his old ways, but was reassured by his mother that Auron had left that behind. He hadn't.

He gathered equipment and worked underneath other senior engineers, but Auron always thought he had better ideas, better ways of thinking, and it was true. It wasn't until he was 29 that he made his own first device for the Water Tribe. It was a three feet by three feet package, and instructions were to leave it at the base of a large building with a lot of weight, like a tower, and light the fuse. Auron, now going by Snow, was pleased to hear that it was able to level an entire watch tower. And everyone in it. He started to get orders for specific bombs throughout the war, and Snow delivered to the letter. But they weren't FUN anymore. After designing a new bomb, Snow asked to go with the raiding party when they used it. To, “See the results and make improvements.” In actuality, it was a gigantic explosion, taking out a whole city block of Fire Nation Troops. Two men had snuck it into the camp, lit the fuse and ran. They didn't know how far it would go, and they got caught in the fireball. This was the first of many incidents.

Snow also started to get orders from other people, high up people. Not in the military or government, but criminals. And Snow gladly obliged them. It was exciting going behind peoples backs and sneaking around. But after a while, he started to make the military bombs just as catastrophic. He has also learned that with the right ingredients, water can make fire. Usually small sparks, but enough to generate some heat. He isn't sure how this works, or why, but he takes full advantage of it in his specialty bombs. He was visited by the General at the time, Kanoei. Snow was arrested and trialed for his actions, and was sentenced. His crimes were worthy of complete confinement, but his father, now older and respected, pleaded for his only sons freedom. So, they granted him a lower level prison.

After almost a year, and the war passing by, the prison was turned to ash and melted snow. Everybody was presumed dead. Presumed, because they couldn't read the bodies well enough to tell who they were. Everybody assumed Snow did it, but the corpse in his cell suggested that the bombs went off early, and Snow was caught within them. But that was all a rouse, to clear his name off of the list. Where he is now, no one knows, but still sells his explosives to buyers, although they are very expensive devices, and you also had to pay for services.

(741/720)

**Required of ALL Master Tier Characters**

Character Box: With Sample RP within (500 words minimum, must be from applied character's point of view)

Auron Snow

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land... this land that's governed by death... I will paint it red with this shred of time that I have been given." I said to no one in particular. I stood on the side of a cliff face, looking over a Fire Nation Army camp. It had been the first of my many uses in the War. And I had seen it with my own eyes. Fire flared up from everywhere from the camp, the tents all but gone and the men on the ground, cooking. It had been a magnificent explosion, but I was to do more. Stronger, harder, better bombs with faster results.

~~~

“Well, if General Kanoei came here in person, then I may be in for a treat.” I said as I leaned stood up from my metal work desk, an unfinished bomb on the table. My various tools all sprawled around. It was close to completion, and was highly dangerous. “What do I owe the pleasure?”

“We've come to  talk with you, Lieutenant Colonel.” I smiled at the name of my rank. I didn't have any men under my command, but I was given this rank due to my literal instrumental work with my devices. “About this, things, that you make.”

“You mean my toys that I make for you men? Yes, very nice. What would you like to talk about?” Iknew that this visit of Kanoei’s wasn't to be pleasant. I narrowed my eyes as Kanoei spoke next, his bodyguards looking ready for a confrontation. We were in one of the higher floors of the Northern Water Tribe Palace. I was placed in a higher floor as a precaution if my bombs went off accidentaly while being made. They would go harmlessly into the air, other than bring the foundations of the palace down with the shock wave.

“We know that you have made them far deadlier than we asked. Innocent Women and Children are dying from those things. And those that don’t die are deaf for life or gravely injured beyond any healer. You make them too lethal.”

“Ah, but then what is the point of bombing them? Casualties are Casualties.”

“And not only in the Fire Nation.” His words stopped me dead. I narrowed my eyes more. He knew.
“No, you have gone too far Snow.” His men draw their swords and clubs. “You will no longer sell these weapons to Pirates, and you will no longer make them for anyone. I’m placing you under arrest.”

“You-..” I paused, gabbing a small carving knife. “You can’t throw me away! You need me! Who else will get rid of fortifications with the snap of fingers? Who else will win you this war?”

“The men who fight, I suppose.” He responded. “Cuff him.”

His men move toward me, talking me to calm down, to put the knife down. But I wouldn't have it. If I wasn't so close to making this blasted bomb, I would set it off and escape. But setting it off would just kill us all. “No! Stay back!” I swiped with the knife at one of their faces, getting a small cut on him before the other grabbed my collar and threw me to the ground. A hand snatched away my knife, and two others forcefully cuffed my hands. They hauled me to my feet, carrying me away.

~~~

Months. It had been months. And I was so close. So close to getting myself out of this prison.  Kanoei instructed the Warden to keep me away from any chemicals or kitchen duty, but the Warden himself didn’t know exactly could be mixed with what to create materails that I needed. They also raided my cell every week, making it almost impossible for me to keep anything that I could get my hands on. But they always searched the same places. Always. Eventually the guards became bored with it, and were doing half-ass jobs at it. It became easy to keep things from them after a while.

It had taken me some planning and some thinking, but I had done it. From various food oils and meat greases, strings and threads from beddings, and various other things that I traded with other inmates for.  It had been constructed. It was crued as hell, but it would work.

Many prisoners that I personally killed, all wrapped up in their beds, all armed with bombs around their chests. Some I had been a good saint and let them live, but was forcing them to sneak out of their cells at night, just for this. I told them that I would tell their family that they were heroes in the war, and I promised I would. All lies.

~~~

Fire, Gas, and sound shook and filled the prison block within mere seconds. The guards didn’t know what happened before they were smoldering husks, coughing on the poisen gases, or covering their bleeding ears. Blood was everywhere as my small bombs erupted, killing dozens and my larger, body bombs set off near the gates and guards. I made sure to leave one body in my cell that looked similar to me. He was no more than the guards now, but it made it seem as if I was dead. Holding a handkerchief around my nose and mouth, and large amount of lossened thread stuffed into my ears, I walked out of the burning prison. It was all ice, but that didn’t stop the flames that fed off the burnables and people.

Mood: Malicious
Condition: Perfect. Just, Perfect.
Link:

By typing your Forum name below, you acknowledge that your Master-Tier Character requires a considerable degree of activity(to be judged by our staff), and that you are subject to removal from your position of your Master-Tier Character if site staff unanimously decide you are not fulfilling this required level of activity in an undue respect. This judgement will also apply if abuse of this position occurs, whether in or out of character (IC or OOC). [u][u]

Type Forum Name Here: Auron Snow
[/u][/u]

Last edited by Auron Snow on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Okay this looks like some good work; the only thing I don't agree on is the level of Waterbending, Escape and Fighting

For the Waterbending, you mention that Auron trained with his Father from the age of thirteen (which is quite late) and only ever got the basics down. You say in the abilities section that he uses waterbending to set off his bombs, but mention a lot of times in his history about fuses, and other people setting off his bombs, which seems to suggest that they are set off like regular bombs, with fuses lit by fire. I would suggest dropping the level down to intermediate, which would show the control needed to move ingredients into casings - think of Katara around half-way through Book One.

As for Escape, the only thing that you mention about any kind of escape is in the final part of your history, which is escaping from the jail through use of explosives. It seems that you tried to expand on this particular ability in your "Fight and Flight" section in Abilities, but from what I can tell the abilities of Auron to react quickly would be better suited under the title of "Agility" or something similar - and even then, there is little evidence to support that he would have such agility. Being stuck inside tinkering with explosives for years wouldn't give him the speed to be able to evade attacks with ease - on contrary, it would in fact make him slower and more sluggish in fighting. I think this would be better changed to a different title and lowered significantly, potentially to Intermediate, or removing entirely.

With Fighting, there is nothing mentioned in your history to support it at all. You in fact specifically mention that he joined the army as an engineer rather than a soldier, so there wouldn't have been any kind of potential for him to learn while he was serving his time. I know it is nice for a character to have some kind of fighting potential, but not all characters have it. I think that it should be removed, or your history needs to be clarified to tell us where he learned to fight.

As with all characters, make their abilities fit their history, don't make the history fit the abilities that you want them to have. You can always learn how to do these things after your character has been made, so you don't need to fully develop their abilities in the join form.

If you make the changes above then I'll approve it - but if Zul wants to come and approve it before that, it is of course her prerogative.
Back to top Go down
Auron Snow
Auron Snow

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:11 pm

I believe that I have done what you requested. I also put in about his father continuing to try to make him into a fighter after his first incident and the wall, teaching Snow about the importance of physical exercise. Snow keeps this up, but I still dumbed down his agility aspects in his Fight or Flight. I also lowered Waterbending to Intermediate. I realized after you pointed it out that it being Expert was absurd since he only uses it to build or set off, something that doesn't take much expertise in the style. Hope he fits your liking.
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:15 pm

The Waterbending and Fighting levels look good now, but I still think that Escape needs to be lowered, since he never exactly trained in it, and simply used it once to escape a jail.
Back to top Go down
Auron Snow
Auron Snow

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:33 pm

I was keeping it Master because of the fact that he could do all of that with the material that you get from inside of a prison, not from the fact of him doing it a lot. But, if it needs to be lowered, I will lower it.
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:51 pm

I think that would show his ability to create bombs, since he seems to be able to make ones from the most basic of materials. Using the bombs to escape wouldn't make him even an expert in escaping - by that logic, you could say that, for example, Toph was a Master of escape since she metalbent her way out of her cage. Escape in your case seems to be a secondary skill derived from his explosives talent, and as such I would be inclined to remove it.

You can of course keep it if you so wish, but I would like to see it lowered to Intermediate since he doesn't have a great deal of experience.
Back to top Go down
Auron Snow
Auron Snow

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:10 pm

I see your reasoning. Lowered to Intermediate.
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:11 pm

That's all of my concerns addressed.

Approved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE   Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE Empty

Back to top Go down

Auron Snow, Demolitions Expert, DONE
Page 1 of 1