The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Best Noodles [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

EXP : 750

The Best Noodles [Open] Empty
PostSubject: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Minami Sato

It was a normal school day for Minami Sato like most others, until she got home. The usual routine was to; wake up, go to school, come home, train with her father, eat dinner, maybe an hour or two of reading and homework if it existed, and eventually bed. Today, when she got home, she saw a note and a small pouch left on a counter in the kitchen. It read:
"Mina, I will be home late. No training tonight. I have left some money for food in the pouch next to this note.
--Dad"

How typical of him, to be out late but with no explanation. He hardly missed training, but when he did there was never any clues left as why for his daughter. Minami opened the pouch to find more than enough to grab a bite to eat wherever she liked to go. Money was something that her family had plenty of, with her father's high-ranking military status, so in her daily life most things were provided for. At times like these when they weren't, her father was always generous with coins. Did he try to buy her love? No, not exactly, but he was rough around the edges.

The young teenager took the pouch and left her home after nearly just arriving. She began to walk to her favorite restaurant which was a lengthy distance but worth it in the end. As she walked on, she thought about the rather boring life that she led and her aspirations for the future. Her biggest goal is to travel the world after schooling is complete and her bending is more refined. Granted, this is not a normal wish for a girl of her class and nation, but what Minami seeks most is knowledge, and knowledge knows no bounds. Sometimes she thought perhaps she was meant as a nomad, but that is a story for another time. A story she would tell to her father before setting out on her travels someday.

For now, she was just happy to break up the grind and have the night to herself. Although she loved training and learning, it is necessary to relax from time to time. She was headed to a nice, traditional spot that she had accidentally found the last time she had gone out to eat. It was a hole-in-the-wall spot, something with only a few seats. One could pass right by it, if they were not paying attention.

There was a sign outside that read: "The Best Noodles in the Fire Nation!" The bar was set up with six seats or so, and they only did noodle dishes. Minami found she was before the crowd, and so she took up one of the empty seats at the bar. The stools were rather basic, and the bar itself looked not much fancier. The last time Minami was here, she questioned how something so clearly opened by a low-class family could survive in such a nice area. Once she took her first taste of the dish, the answer was clear. Good food speaks for itself.

"Good evening and welcome to Ramen Katsuri! Can I get you started with a drink?" The chef came to greet the teenager after a moment, joyous and welcoming. He looked older, perhaps in his mid 50s or so, with a belly that showed he had certainly ate some amazing things during his years. His warm smile was enough to light up the room, and Minami smiled back.

"Yes, please, I'd love some water." Minami answered back, and the Chef turned away. "This is going to be great!" She looked over the menu excitedly.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Hungry
LINK: N/A

Last edited by Minami Sato on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed issue with image)
Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

EXP : 625

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

Kazuto slurped down his noodles. Since arriving in the Fire Nation, this was the first place he had gone to grab some noodles. His companion said for him to wait here, so he bought some food while he waited. And holy crap it was worth it. A Young teenager came and sat next to him, roughly his age. She was cute, and from her muscle tone, she was a fighter, like him. Kazuto wasn't one to chat up people a lot, so he kept to his business. If she wanted to talk to him, she would.

Condition: Eating
Link:Kazuto

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Minami Sato

The Chef returned with the glass of water she had ordered, and she asked for the spicy noodle dish. She had a taste for spicy cuisine, something that made a small fire in her mouth. Last time she had not been brave enough to order the item, so she promised herself next time she wouldn't hesitate. She took a sip of her water as the Chef walked to the back again, this time to prepare the food. For the first time since she sat down, she took in her surroundings with her golden eyes.

Minami Sato had come into the shop in such a rush, she hadn't noticed the boy who was sitting next to her quietly. She looked over to him as he was eating, seemingly enjoying, his noodles. He hadn't said anything to her, but perhaps he was just quiet. The teenage girl was always looking for a new friend, so she spoke up first. "Hello, my name is Minami Sato. Are you new to town?" Her voice was feminine, but not softspoken. She had never seen the athletic boy before, and he looked to be not much older than her, so she was curious about him.
LINK: N/A

Last edited by Minami Sato on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed issue with image)
Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

The voice almost caught him off guard, as he was not really expecting her to speak up. He almost choked on his noodles, having to hit his chest before they went down. He coughed once before saying, "I'm Kazuto. And yeah, I'm new. And I intend to stay here." He wouldn't tell her the full details of why he was here. Just that he would be here for a long while. "Who are you?" He asked back.

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Minami Sato

Minami watched as the boy had a struggle after she spoke out to him. She momentarily felt bad, especially as he had to hit his chest. She bit her lip in regret, but then a smile slowly formed after he introduced himself. Kazuto, sounds like he's just moved here. He didn't say much, keeping his mysterious vibe alive. 'Here to stay, huh?' She thought, hoping that meant he was looking for a new friend. As he asked who she was, she did not hesitate her response.

"My name is Minami, it's nice to meet you." She bowed her head respectively, and then continued on. "New to town, huh? Well you've already found the best spot to eat." She smiled, hoping that he wouldn't think she was weird for chatting up random people in a ramen shop. The food here was worth the wait, she thought as she awaited the arrival of her perfect spicy noodle dish. It was still in preparation for a few more minutes, most likely.

Last edited by Minami Sato on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed issue with image)
Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

"Well, always nice to meet new people. Especially cute ones." Kazuto takes another bite of his noodles. "And yes, this place is the best place to eat." Kazuto wasn't one looking for a girlfriend or anything, but he thought the credit was due. To both shop and her. "So, I'm waiting for a friend. What about you?"

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:54 am

Minami Sato

Minami Sato smiled at the compliment, and was flattered. The boy took another bite and agreed that this place was good, and Minami took a moment to appreciate the small things, like grabbing a bowl of ramen. He then continued to state his business here and ask her the same, and Minami spoke up. "Well my father is off being mysterious, and left me some money for food." She gave shrug and continued. "If you ask me, I bet he probably has a date."

The Chef popped in to deliver her spicy treat, and she thanked him graciously. On the inside, her thoughts continued. 'Or some stupid official stuff that he can't tell me about. I hope wherever he is, he's safe.' She focused on herself and the beautiful bowl of ramen in front of her. With her chopsticks, she took a bite and all of the worries were silenced by the peaceful, and fiery, parts of life. She took a sip of her water and continued conversation casually. "So, I guess after this meal I'll go take a short walk and train."

Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

He watched her eyes light up as she got her food, and take a bite. Her father doing mysterious work? He thought. I wonder what he does for a living... "Train?" Kazuto asks, swallowing his mouth full of food. "How do you fight? If you don't mind me asking. I use my twin broadswords." Kazuto voiced, shrugging the blades on his back, crisscrossed and in a spot easy for him to reach.

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 am

Minami Sato

Minami heard the boy speak of his training, and his weapons as she took a bite. She slurped her noodles up and then leaned back to get a look at the swords she had only had a glace of before. The swords were in a proud crossed formation on the boy's back. "Wow, cool! I don't fight with any swords, at least not yet. I mostly train in martial arts." The girl was intrigued and excited to meet someone so strong, always carrying around the two swords, and mysteriously from somewhere else. The only way to interest someone of this quality, was to be mysterious as well.

"If you ever want to know where the best spot to train is, just ask. Actually I know I few good spots." What she said was true, she knew of a few places within town, dojos and such, and of course outside the village. Her favorite place to go was anywhere near water, really. With nature was the best, away from the worry of elites and officials eyes. Not that they were all bad, just that there was something empowering about being alone with only the sun watching.

Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 am

Kazuto Yakamashi

"I may take you up on that. Also, do you use firebending with your moves? Or can you not bend at all? And Martial Arts isn't that bad. Pretty cool if you ask me. You don't need a tool to fight. Just your body." Kazuto looks around, as if someone might see him. "Actually, you think you could show me some moves?" He asks before taking another slurp of his noodles, almost done. "I get into a few fights every now and then, so It would be nice to know how to fight without my blades."

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:43 am

Minami Sato

Minami continued to eat, as Kazuto began to open up to her. She swallowed her noodles before answering his questions. "Yes, I'm a firebender. Are you by chance?" As she spoke she looked to him with her golden eyes. She saw that he could very easily be trouble, getting into fights and all, but if anything that made her more curious.

"I could show you some things with your hands, but I'm not a master or anything. Actually I'm still learning everything myself, I haven't been in a real fight." She smiled and let a small giggle. What good was it to spend all this time practicing for something she did not do? Perhaps it made no sense, at least not yet, but it was one of the only things that made her feel accomplished and truly happy.

Minami looked down to the boy's bowl of noodles, and noticed he was almost finished. She looked back to her own and saw barely a dent. She took a moment to remember that he said he was going to meet a friend, and realized that she didn't know how much longer they would be. "But you should only ever use martial arts in a self-defense situation." She quoted her father's favorite line. He had said that before they ever began training, and almost every day since. It was most important to stress, everything else was just fighting, which this boy said he was familiar with so he most likely would catch on quick. 'What a day. . . No matter how this ends, I'm glad it happened.' She thought to herself, lightening up again.

Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

Kazuto nodded at her question. "Yes, I'm a firebender. I'm no expert, like you, but I like to pride myself that I know how to use it pretty well." For the first time, he realized her golden eyes. "I only use my fighting abilities for self-defense. Kind." Kazuto looks away a little bit, a tint of sadness and.. determination, filling them, before going back to normal and meeting her eyes again. "I'll teach you some fire techniques if you wish, or what to look out for in a person with dual-swords." He offers. Info for info. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Minami Sato

"I don't know if I'd call myself an expert. . ." The girl's voice wandered off as she had just piped up as to not hold high expectations for what she was capable of. While she had been training at firebending for years now, her father held her back and was always almost overly cautious so that she did not hurt herself or others. Even to this day, some lessons are more or less about learning the flow of chi in the body. While in practice, it seemed fairly boring, the concepts were vast and interesting to the teenager.

She saw that he seemed hurt perhaps, or maybe just had something he didn't want to discuss, as he insisted that he only used his fighting for defense. She nodded, and felt bad for how her words might have come across. She was often one to speak without thinking of how her words might affect those around her. Minami's eyes met Kazuto's again and she smiled as he seemed back to himself. He said something about showing her of those who fought with his style, the blades, and she felt relieved.

"I think I'd like that." She said happily. She then noticed her noodles, like a never-ending bowl staring back at her. She took another bite, and felt that she was indeed getting full on only a portion of the dish.

Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:49 am

Kazuto Yakamashi

"Ok, Well, when you've finished those noodles, do you wanna start?" Kazuto asks, finishing off his noodles and pushing the bowl to the edge of the table, the cook quickly picking it up. "And, I was trying to say that neither of us were experts." He added awkwardly.

Condition: Full

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:05 am

Minami Sato

Minami saw Kazuto push his bowl away, and she followed suit. She whipped out her pouch, left by her father, and threw down a few gold pieces before the boy had the chance to. "Sure, this one's on me. Will your friend be joining us?" She switched topics to the one that was still on her mind. Kazuto had said he was meeting a friend, and perhaps they didn't show or perhaps they were yet to arrive. She stood up, nevertheless, and walked out of the small shop, done with the meal and ready to head onto the next location. If that meant they were to wait for someone else to join them, she would do that too but she wanted to at least be up and moving, and not sitting and eating.

"Whenever you're ready then, it's a bit of a walk." She was ready to go, and stretched casually as she awaited a response from the boy.
Condition: Leaving

Back to top Go down
Kazuto
Kazuto

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Kazuto Yakamashi

Kazuto got up off the bench after her. "Nah, I'll catch up with him later. He'll understand. I don't even know why he left me there." Kazuto said, following her. He really didn't, and didn't know when he would be back. Could be in an hour, could be in a few seconds. "I'm ready. Walking is good exercise." he says, stretching his legs.

Condition: Full

Back to top Go down
Minami Sato
Minami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Minami Sato

Minami was glad that Kazuto had followed after her, and although she had wanted to meet his friend, she was also happy that they met and were spending time together tonight. Alone time with a cute boy you just met, what could go wrong right? Thankfully, due to their quick eating and overall early meal, they still had a few hours of sunlight left, and it would only take about half an hour to walk to the outside of the city from here, where all the true training spots are at. Of course, Minami was not taking the two of them on a trip to the beach, which would be probably the most lengthy of walks, but instead she was going to a spot she knew with a great view of the city.

"Well then, let's not waste any daylight, shall we?" She said and gave a smile before she turned to the road, and started to walk.
Condition: Leaving

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Noodles [Open]   The Best Noodles [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Noodles [Open]
Page 1 of 1