The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Policies and Police [Kumani]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maranzano
Maranzano

EXP : 4210

Policies and Police [Kumani] Empty
PostSubject: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:45 am

Salvatore Maranzano

Zano was taking his usual walk in the park, when he came upon an unusual sight. Kumani, the 'Steel Justice', some knew her as. Apparently, she made the journey to Zulera City. He knew a few things about her, but not everything.

This event was quickly giving Zano ideas, how he could use this to his advantage. Not her simply being in the city, but her herself. She could help a lot of people. Including him. Quickly formulating a plan, he changed his path to intercept with hers, coming to start walking right next to her.

"Lovely evening, no?" He smiled and looked at her. "Isn't it a shame that it has to be ruined by the knowledge that the only thing keeping the evening lovely is the few half-dozen vigilantes?"

Mood:Calm
Condition:Protected

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

EXP : 2495
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Vigilante
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 3:54 am

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

Evenings were an interesting time for Kumani. On one hand, they were usually quieter and more peaceful, but on the other that was also usually when more crime was committed. The darkness made no difference to her--for she did not see by using light. Like justice itself--Kumani was blind.

her thoughts were interrupted by a man, who caused her head to turn. she had been aware of his presence, although it was not until he spoke that she had turned.
"A true sentiment if I ever heard one--it's a shame that we have to be dealing with so much crime in the undercity at all. Still... it's hard to deny that the avatar helped construct a prosperous city." She either had no idea what he was getting at, or most likely knew, but was not about to offer any assistance without first being asked. She would need to get to know this fellow better first.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

He sighed, as if he was actually saddened by what he had said. "If only Zulera City had a Police Department, or some sort of organized crime fighting force. Then older folk like me could enjoy the place without constantly looking over our shoulders. I can see that you're not old like me, but wouldn't you agree?"

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:45 pm

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

Kumani sighed. "I do agree it would make things easier, but none save the Avatar has that kind of authority to establish that here in this city. I can continue my vigilante work, which has in fact gotten the Avatar's blessing, so to speak, but I am no no rightful place to set myself up as the Chief of Police here or anything."

She paused. "why do you ask? or were you suggesting something else entirely?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

Maranzano sighed. "Well, if you think about it, Vigilantes and Police are the same. The only difference is that Vigilantes are individuals, and Police are a group. You could still have a police force and pass as vigilantes. Uniforms and all. All you need is a bit of funding." Zano rubbed his hands together to get them warm. It was starting to get a bit chilly. "Speaking of money, I have more than enough to make a humble contribution to get the very thing I have cited running. But, I'm to old to be running those things." He looked down at the ground as he walked and continued to rub his hands together, leaving Kumani to pick up her end of the conversation.

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:28 am

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

"but would it be legal?" Kumani asked, knowing that technically it could be, "and even among the vigilantes, there is still a lot of differing opinions as to what constitutes crime and what does not. No side is either right or wrong... all I seek is for the prevalence of justice."

the blind woman sat down, making no hinting or implications of her disability. Even the way her white-grey eyes pointed at Zano was one of the talented ways she hid her ailment.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:04 am

Salvatore Maranzano

He sat down with her, not missing a beat. "A vigilante has no more 'Authority' than you do. And you say the word 'Legal' as if there was law in Zulera City. Fact is, there isn't. There are only peoples morals to go by. Right and Wrong. Mere Opinions. If you see something that will help bring justice, Right, peace to the common people, then why should it be hindered? Why would it be hindered?"

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:58 am

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

"Hmm," Kumani chuckled lightly. "I suppose that it would likely be hindered for the same reason that we work to stop the crime bosses. Zulera City Police would simply be seen as another organization, for good or evil.And, like any other organizations, there would be enemies. The problem here then, is that even with funding... unless we invested in some of the avatar's mecha tanks--assuming she even produces those still--we would eventually be outmanned, simply because we would, by our very nature, be pitting ourselves against every criminal organization under the sun. Unless we had powerful masters like the Avatar, the White Lotus, or people like that construction company's boss on our side, I fear that we would not get very many participants that are not already hard at work."

"Unless..." she mused aloud, "you had another suggestion or solution in this regard as well?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

Zano sat and thought for a moment. Then turned to her and said, "Well, I know some talented benders that share some of your beliefs." Of course, he was speaking of his own men. But they were talented, although they didn't share love for justice like Kumani did. "Perhaps I could persuade them to join your cause?" He suggested. Saying 'her cause' made it seem like the whole thing was more her idea than his. And maybe it was.

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:39 am

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

"But what is their cause?" she asked, for she was unsurprisingly very resolute on her demand for justice. She was not dealing with being wronged herself or anything, but she simply wanted the world to see justice--for those who had wronged others to earn their 'reward', and so forth.

"I am unwaveringly bound to the cause of justice, wherever it may be found." she clarified, just to ensure that the man knew what her own cause was. She kept professional eye contact, not giving away a thing.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

"Well, they aren't as die hard for justice as you are, as you rise above just about everybody in that regard. But they share the dislike for the crime in this city. They too, like me, ran away from the mainlands to be here, a place to start anew." Not missing a beat, Zano was making this up as he went, as he was a very convincing liar. He had to be. "They will surely help you get the momentum you need for people to join your force. Trust me, they really are quite good." Zano added, complimenting the two officers he had in mind for this job.

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

Kumani listened and pondered this advice. "Perhaps I can look into it. If nothing else... I suppose that if they were to be double-crossers of any sort, I could readily bring them to justice myself. I would not like to have to turnj on people that I thought I could trust, but anything that would keep the peace and promote justice doled out based on what people deserve--good or evil----is a worthy cause in my books."

Kumani was something of an extremist, but at the same time, she tried to play as fair as she could, rather than using her own sense of justice to dole out punishments where they were due. The problem with people like her was that they had produced a "survival-of-the-fittest" type of lifestyle in Zulera City, where only the toughest criminals could slip through the cracks, and thus be much harder to find and apprehend.

"So that begs the question--are they loyal? And would they be loyal to me and to the cause of justice?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

Maranzano thought for a moment before replying. "Like I said, they are my friends. Nothing more. I won't speak for them in the sense of unwavering loyalty, but You can be assured that will no doubt follow orders." He looked deeper into her faded grey eyes. Sure, she was looking at him, but... There wasn't the same light of intelligence in them, the slight movements of the eyes taking in details. It didn't take him long to come to the conclusion of why she had grey eyes.

He sat there all the same, just watching her and waiting for her reply.

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

"I always repay people with exactly what they deserve..." Kumani indicated, "and thus they shall be rewarded accordingly."
The lack of honesty in the world was the main reason Kumani was so devoted to justice in the first place. Well, it was one of the reasons. Another prominent one was because of the rife exploitations going on in Zulera City and the world, which Kumani wished to rid it of. But, every task had to start somewhere.

"And do you expect anything in return?" Kumani delivered the kicker, "I would find it odd that someone would so readily volunteer some of his finest contacts for a nigh-endless task."
She might be a little curious and suspicious if there was no catch, but she would not react worse either way, as long as the demand (assuming there was one) was reasonable, that is.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

"Yes, it would seem odd if I did that and not expect something in return. In actuality, I do. I am the CEO of a large company, Cabbage Corp. I have many service buildings and diners around Zulera City. I would like it if these got a slightly higher priority of protection. They will be what funds your entire department, after all." He cleared his throat and sat up a bit straighter. "So, are we in agreement?"

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

Kumani nodded. "That is a fair enough bargain, as long as they are willing to operate fairly and lawfully. I understand that there are technically no real laws here apart from the Golden Rule, but there are some things such as common courtesy that I would expect to be upheld. I imagine someone running such a profitable business, however, has no trouble with that."

She put her hands together, shifting her feet lightly on the ground. "Apart from that, I think we have an agreement, as long as you are okay with my terms and any potential grounds for termination, aye?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

Zano stuck out his hand for her to shake. "Yes, I am alright with your terms. I look forward to working with you." He smiled.

Back to top Go down
Kumani
Kumani

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 2:54 am

Kumani Zonza Ikegami

"Very well then." Kumani smiled as they sealed the deal. "I hope that we can continue this cooperation and similarly, our arrangement to work together. It will benefit everyone including ourselves to see a more proper justice system in this city. I am honored to be the one spearheading the effort."

She rose to her feet, assuming that most of their conversation was done, but would stay around and listen if there was more to it.
Mood: Content
Link:

Back to top Go down
Maranzano
Maranzano

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Salvatore Maranzano

"As you should be," He replied as he stood up with her. "I bid you farewell, Kumani. You will be hearing from me very soon." He turned around, and without another word, began to walk away. The deal had been struck, and Zano would soon be the only one in Zulera City's streets.

When the Department was constructed, anonymous tips came in every now and then, all in different forms. Letters, slips of paper under the door, or someone refusing to say there name at the front desk. All these tips and information were all of Robin, Maya, and Tamiyo. Names, Addresses, associates, rumors, rough schedules, how they worked, ect. Always little pieces, but eventually they stacked up. Hopefully, Kumani would use these tips to her advantage. All the while, Surrake and Alphonse worked inside the Department, acting as Kumani's number twos. They never had a problem following orders, and did them well, always seeming happy when a job was done.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Policies and Police [Kumani]   Policies and Police [Kumani] Empty

Back to top Go down

Policies and Police [Kumani]
Page 1 of 1