The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Push [Oghren]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

EXP : 3090

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:30 am

As Oghren would approach the city, he would come across a defensive line of soldiers. There was about 30 of them, formed behind a line of wooden stakes, sandbags, and trenches. About 500 or so meters away towards the Village of Makapu was an approaching line of Dark Spirits which numbered easily in the 200's.

One of them the Soldiers approached Oghren. From the rank on his uniform, the soldier was a captain.
"Hey," The Captain spoke, "Don't tell me you're the reinforcements Queen Meili sent us. We said we needed at a least a full platoon down here. I don't think we'll be able to last long if don't get one."

---------------------------------------------------

Tseng [Ex-Captain Water Bender] exited the spirit portal and made his way to the front of the town avoiding whatever fights were currently going on in the city. Upon arriving at the front of the town, Tseng saw the small defensive line the remaining soldiers formed and sighed in relief. It was good to see that they weren't in the middle of trying to fight off dark spirits and hoped it would remain that way. It would mean less deaths he would later have to atone for.
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

EXP : 488

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Oghren

As Oghren entered the city he began to doubt if there was even a beerfest in the first place.  Well, it certainly wasn’t the first time he made a mistake when drunk and it certainly wouldn’t be the last.  In any event, it looked like there was a good fight or two lined up, so at least he had that going for him.  

When the Captain addressed Oghren he saluted, force of habit from his days in the military.  “I ain’t with the Queen’s troops Cap’n.” started Oghren, “But I have a big giant axe that thirsts for a little battle, figure you could use all the help you can get.” He continued, raising his massive axe up.  “Just point me in the right direction and things will die!”

Mood: Gassy
Condition: Drunk

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:42 am

The Captain shook his head, "Seriously I don't know what's up with you people. First the young girl with the heavy accent and now you. You people must eat rocks for breakfast because you must have a stone hard will if you are willing to head into that chaos on your own..."

The Captain paused for a bit, then continued, "Well alright then, I've got too much to worry about to stop you. Just head towards the town. I assure you that you will have no trouble finding spirits to deal with, just please, don't get yourself killed."

With that, the Captain let Oghren pass. As Oghren would approach the Village of Makapu, he would come across a long line of Dark Spirits. Every single one of the Spirits have lost their calm, peaceful way of thinking and have become vicious. As Oghren would get closer to the town, the Dark Spirits would begin charging Oghren with every intention of reducing him into mere dust while in the meantime, Tseng would watch from a distance as a single man takes on the entire horde of Dark Spirits alone.
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:21 am

Oghren

Oghren creased his brow at the Captain, “Of course I eat rocks!  It’s great roughage on those days I have trouble releasing the chocolate hostage if you know what I mean…behehehe,” laughed Oghren as he pushed past the captain, “don’t worry about me Cap’n, whatever is ahead can’t be worse than my ex-wife!”

As Oghren pushed forward, he was met by a large group of angry spirits unlike any he had ever seen.  His large hands tightened their grip around the hilt of his axe which glistened in the sunlight.  “Whooey! When you guys fell out of the ugly tree, did you all hit every branch on the way down?” he laughed as he twirled his axe in his hand and rooted his feet firmly into the ground.

The staunch Earthbender braced himself for the incoming onslaught and with all his might he flung his axe into the fray.  The heavy axe whirled around at an astonishing pace with its keen blade whistling as it cut through the air, arcing towards the spirits that stood in the way.  A few spirits immediately broke from the main group and viciously sped towards Oghren, slicing his armor and exposed skin as they darted back and forth, but they were naught but flesh wounds to the tough as nails earthbender.  After all, if there was one thing Oghren was good at, it was taking punishment.

Wasting no time Oghren stomped his foot, allowing a massive boulder about ten times his size to dislodge itself from the ground before him.  The boulder floated it the air before Oghren and with an earth-shattering punch, Oghren launched it straight towards the main horde of dark spirits.  Next he quickly lifted a large pillar of earth up from under his feet, launching himself high into the air, far higher than the buildings of Makapu.  As the earthbender fell back down to earth he laughed heartily, clearly enjoying himself as he landed amongst the spirits, creating a large crater as he smashed his fist into the ground, shooting dust and debris in every direction.  The earthbender now engaged the spirits bare-handed, punching at them, head-butting and even kicking a few of them in their crotches.  He wasn’t sure if they even had the same weakness as men down there, but he still thought it was pretty funny. “Come at me you swishy bastards!” he shouted as the brawl continued.  He was completely unaware, that he was being watched.

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:53 am

The Captain just shook his at Oghren's comment.
Yup, He decided, It's neither bravery nor toughness, it's stupidity that's causing these people to go out on their own.

Because this was the Captain's final thoughts on Oghren, before Oghren went to go face the entire Dark Spirit horde on his own, the Captain was in complete awe at what happened next.

The watched with an open mouth as Oghren tore through wave after wave of Dark Spirits, even resorting to his bare fists at a point. The Spirits didn't stop charging, in their corrupted state, they felt neither pain nor fear. It didn't matter though as boulders would basically come raining down on the Spirits pinning them under it's massive weight.

The Captain wasn't the only one watching Oghren, off in the distance by the town, Tseng was watching. Tseng could tell that the Dark Spirits weren't working on this newcomer and were just proving to be pointless. Sooner or later, the Earth Bender will have defeated all of the Dark Spirits around. Sighing, Tseng got up and began to make his way to person who had been single-handedly fighting all of the Spirits.

"Hey," Tseng called out to Oghren, "I realize that the Spirits can't really keep up with your strength so I came here myself. The Spirits were a detergent to keep unwanted people out of the way so that we could go about our brief business in this town. Since the spirits aren't really working, I figured would just have to go ahead and say it. Could you please leave? We will be gone shortly and you can come back after that. I just think less fighting would be best for everyone, you know?"

Tseng preferred it if no fights took place and everyone got out alive. What more could you ask for? It's a win-win for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:43 am

Oghren

Oghren was in such a battle rhythm that he didn’t even see the mysterious man approach. Only after the spirits began back off did Oghren notice him. Oghren readied himself for an attack, but alas the man just politely asked him to leave. Oghren was literally stumped, it sounded like this man was in part responsible for the attack on the town, yet it seemed like he didn’t want to fight at all.

Oghren scratched his grizzled red beard curiously. “I don’t know what kind of game you’re getting but I ain’t falling for it!” yelled Oghren at the man, “I may know next to nothing about all this weird…spiritual…stuff…but I sure as hell know that whatever is happening here ain’t good!” The stout earthbender then held one hand out to his side and his massive axe suddenly came flying from across the street right into his open hand. “Now keep your sneaky little hands where I can see them, and tell me what’s going on here or your friends will have to scrape what’s left of you off of that wall behind you!” continued Oghren holding his axe ready. Honestly he was only threatening the man because he was so thrown off by his calm demeanour and politeness, usually for Oghren there was never lots of talking involved…just bashing stuff. It just felt wrong for someone commanding a spirit horde to be friendly, and it hurt Oghren’s head when he tried to figure it out. Was it a bluff? A double bluff? A triple bluff?

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 am

Tseng held up both of his hands, as if trying to reassure Oghren that he had no ill intentions. The Dark Spirits stood behind Tseng, making no move to attack.

"No no," Tseng said, "I assure you, I don't really want to fight. I'm completely against it. I'm not here to fight, but rather to accomplish a certain mission. If everything went as I wanted, there would be no violence."

Tseng was telling the truth, he didn't want to fight and would much preferred it if no one got killed. Afterall, that's why he joined the Xuri, to prevent further violence and bring peace to the Earth. Even so, Tseng wouldn't abandon the mission, even if it meant fighting this Earth Bender. Sometimes sacrifices had to be made.
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 am

Oghren

Oghren squinted at the man before him but did lower his axe.  His eyes darted back and forth as he took a moment to observe the host of angry spirits now behind the stranger.  “In case you haven’t noticed there are screaming people all over trying to get out of the city, the guards have barricaded the entrances and exits… on top of that, when I was in the sky a few moments back, I saw great clouds of mist over a part of the city and lava being flung around in another…and then here you are with an evil demon horde at your back…I’d say that there is already a fair bit of violence going on from the looks of it!” snorted Oghren.  

“Now, tell me what exactly you are doing here that needs you to enlist those miserable creatures behind you…what is your mission?” asked the stout earthbender as his huge hands tightly gripped the hilt of his axe, “failure to do so immediately will of course cause me to whip a whole lot of that violence that you so despise.  This is your last and only warning, don’t make a berserker mad…it usually ends badly for everyone present!” Threatened Oghren as he spun his huge axe around and settled it behind his neck with both his arms hanging from it lazily at the wrists.  

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:20 am

Tseng had a sick taste in his mouth when Oghren mentioned all the destruction that was going on. Tseng didn't like it just as much as the Earth Bender did, but he had no choice. It had to be done.
"This violence..." Tseng said slowly as he clenched his teeth, "I don't like it. I absolutely hate it. Yet, I have no choice, it has to be done in order for us to achieve what we want. Once our goals are complete, I will willingly take whatever punishments the gods have in store for me, I deserve it."

"What we seek is change." Tseng replied with confidence, "Corruption, violence, hatred- all of it has evolved turned the human race into something dark, evil. It's come to the point where peace is nearly impossible. The Xuri wish to restore this peace. Sure, it will cost a few lives along the way, but those are sacrifices that I would be willing to take for the good of the majority."
Tseng truly believed this, he had to do what was necessary, even if it would cost him his humanity. But then suddenly doubt crossed his mind, was all this violence necessary? Could some of it have been avoided...?
Tseng pushed this thought away, he couldn't doubt himself this far in. He has devoted himself down this path, one that there was no turning away from.

"I'm sorry, but please, just turn around. I beg of you, don't burden my shoulders with any more deaths." Tseng sincerely said.
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Oghren

Oghren was a very straightforward person. If he wanted to drink…he drank. If he wanted to eat…he ate. If he wanted to bash something…he bashed it. The man in front of him, however, sounded confused about what he was doing and his motives for doing it, and Oghren just couldn’t wrap his head around it. He seemed like one of those “philosophical types” although to Oghren, it was more like one of the “touched in the head types.”

“Look pal,” started Oghren with a sigh, “I may not be the smartest or most spiritual guy around, but those things behind look pretty dark and evil to me. So let me get this straight…You want to save the world from evil…by allying with evil spirits? Am I missing something? Because it sure feels like I am!” Said Oghren as he brought his axe down and started walking towards the strange man and his spirit horde, with his axe dragging behind him. “Now…I am going to wipe out every single one of those butt-ugly spirits behind you, either you do what you say you want and help me get rid of them, or your punishment from the gods is going to arrive sooner than expected! It matters not to me!”

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:33 am

As Oghren began to approach Tseng and the Dark Spirits, the Dark Spirits began to take a more battle ready stance, growling as the Earth Bender approached. Tseng simply stood in the same spot before, but this time, he raised a hand, facing his palm towards Oghren.

Instantly, at least 50 swords and spears of different shapes and sizes materialized behind Tseng. Each of the weapons were made of ice and gave off a crystal-like appearance. The ice blades hovered above and behind Tseng's head, and each one was pointed in the direction of Oghren. This was Tsengs unique ability; creating weapons out of air. Pulling the water molecules out of air with amazing speed and skill, Tseng can create shapes with ice that are very sturdy and tough.

"This is your last chance," Tseng told Oghren, "Turn around and leave."
Back to top Go down
Oghren
Oghren

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:13 am

Oghren

Oghren was impressed by the man’s display of power. About fifty ice weapons materialised out of thin air behind him. “So he’s a waterbender then,” thought Oghren to himself, “that’ll explain why he is bat-shit crazy at least.”

It looked like the man just wouldn’t see reason and Oghren sure as hell wasn’t leaving. The stout earthbender smirked at the man and chuckled lightly before he suddenly vanished into the ground. Oghren tunnelled unseen and with great speed towards his foe, shooting up blocks of earth randomly to try and distract Tseng. When he finally emerged, he shot out of the ground behind the waterbender, swinging his massive axe downwards, ready to cleave his foes head in two.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Push [Oghren] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Push [Oghren]   The Push [Oghren] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Push [Oghren]
Page 1 of 1