The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Obsidian Origins

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Obsidian
Obsidian

EXP : 2775

The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Obsidian

The Queen’s kindness warmed Ronin’s heart.  He was glad to have her help, and wouldn’t trust anyone else after what happened with Minato.  He was definitely intrigued about the young earthbender named Isikiro, especially since Meili compared their powers as being equal.  He found himself pondering where such a talent for bending was developed.  

When Meili offered to shape him a mask, he chuckled.  “A plain mask will do,” he insisted, “I think shaping it like a face would be double as creepy!”  
Ronin looked toward the door.  “I am ready when you are my Queen!  Let’s go meet this coal miner of yours.”

Mood: Quickly adjusting
Condition: Recovering

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

"Right then," Meili nodded, forming the metal into a simple and unintimidating mask. "to Dezna's we go! we can get some decent tea in the meantime."

Meiliw as a little wary of the owner--a very obvious Water Tribe man, but he was quiet and unassuming, and it might have just been Meili's paranoia from a few attempts that had been made on her life. besides... maybe she just thought he was shady--he treated them very professionally, and so otherwise was a good actor, and in the years of him and his store being in her city, nothing had happened, or even anything suspicious.

Either way, as they sipped their tea, the oman in question entered and not only ordered her usual jasmine tea, but also sat in the same spot she always did. The queen smirked.
"See that young lady over there?" she grinned, "that's the lavabender I'm talking about."
Mood: Calm
Condition: Perfect
Link: Meili

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:55 am

Obsidian

Ronin took a deep breath as he entered Dezna’s, the aroma wafting around the restaurant was heavenly.  Ever since Ronin had been revived, all he had smelled was fish and penguin-seals, this was a welcome change!  He decided that he would have to come back to Dezna’s once he had his limbs to sample some of the food.  

For now though, he had arrived to meet Isikiro.  Meili pointed the unassuming little powerhouse out and in no time the guards wheeled Ronin over to her.  “Greetings,” he started, “you must be the little lavabender I keep hearing so much about.”

Mood: Curious
Condition: Quickly Recovering

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:02 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili smirked as she watched the scene unfold. This would be quite the interesting little scenario, given that she knew Isi was a bit defensive about her lavabending (and sure enough, Meili was spot-on with that theory), but overall, she was a very kindhearted young woman who was not as aggressive as she looked--even if she was every bit as tough as she looked.

It also pleased her to see him take the initiative. Nothing seemed to be able to crush his spirits, and that was exactly the kind of resolve she enjoyed seeing in her people--and her soldiers.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

EXP : 9600

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 am

Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok

Isi was admittedly fairly used to people coming up to her and trying to sweettalk her. A lot of them were men and/or earthbenders, usually trying to woo the cute little lady, or more often, trying to get her to teach her earthbending. She was theoretically fine with this notion, but wouldn't ever teach them what most of them were trying to learn--lavabending. It was a dangerous and destructive ability that she had no interest in teaching anyone else.

"Ah ain't gunna teach y'lavabendin' if that's what y'er askin--" she paused, turning to see who she was speaking to, only to nearly spit out her tea in surprise at the sight.

"Uh... Ah take it y'ain't here t'ask 'bout mah lavabendin'... erm... howdy. Ah'm Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok... better known as "that l'il lavabender, 'apparently." she chuckled awkwardly, "'n... um... who are ye?" even with the mask, she could tell he was a quadruple amputee, which was rare enough as it was.
"and erm... sorry f'er th'awkward inner'duction here, bah th'way..."
Mood: Happy
Link: Isi

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 am

Obsidian

The way the young bender immediately snapped at Ronin about learning lavabending made him smile.  This girl had spirit!  No wonder she was such a powerful bender, Ronin had no doubt that she was going to prove full of surprises.  
As soon Isi she laid her eyes upon him, Ronin could see she was surprised.  “Actually, I am here about lavabending, though not to learn it,” started Ronin, “A pleasure to finally meet you Isikiro, I am Ronin, and might I say that for someone who wields such great and terrible power…you look as dazzlingly beautiful as the spring morning.” He continued.  He wasn’t flirting or being romantic at all, it was simply a type of chivalry that Ronin exhumed.  "Please excuse my mask, my visage is terribly scarred and I do not wish to display it for all to see," he said politely.

When Isikiro apologized, Ronin let out a friendly chuckled. “You have no need to apologize; it is wise of you to keep lavabending safe from those who would try to learn it, I know from experience that power can corrupt even those with pure intentions...but that is another matter entirely. The reason I am here, Isikiro, is because I am in need of your help…”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:14 am

Isikiro couldn't help but blush at the compliment. She was used to more crass remarks, such as how sexy she was, or how she had a really nice ass (even though both of these were true to an extent, it was how they were said that got on the little lavabender's nerves), but when an actual chivalrous remark was thrown her way, she was a bit flattered. Besides... this man didn't look like the flirty type--there was no telling how old he was, or what he looked like considering he wore a mask. As he explained the reason for said mask, Isi nodded slowly.

"at's a raht shame" she frowned, "but Ah hope y'haven't lost too much confidence. y'seem t'be alraht t'me." she smiled a moment later. she had once struggled with confidence issues herself, mostly pertaining to her voice (although her grimy, sometimes bloodstained appearance had not helped--luckily that was all behind her now)

"Anyhoo... whatcha need mah help f'er?" she asked curiously, "Ah mean... lavabendin' ain't 'xactly th'most practical of things, 'nless y'need it f'er defense... but Ah dun'xactly see how it'd work without no arms 'r legs... no 'fense 'r nuthin." she was a very blunt and frank woman, and now she was curious. What could this man want with her lavabending, if not to learn it?

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Obsidian

Ronin bowed his head graciously at Isi’s remark.  “It’s quite alright, my confidence does not stem from my appearance.  I have learnt who I am long ago, and my physical condition does not change that…and thank you for the compliment.” answered Ronin with a smile.  

He then gestured towards Meili with his head.  “The Earth Queen and I are on our way to a legendary smith in the middle ring with the rarest form of metal, meteorite ore.  We are going purify it and fashion it into a metal of which the likes have never been seen.  The star metal will then be crafted into my new limbs, which I will control through metalbending…and that’s where you come in.  We will need more heat than any forge is capable of producing for the smith to work the metal.  Short of the Fire lord…only a lavabender could generate the heat we need” Ronin paused, “I have nothing to offer you for this…but I humbly ask that you help me to regain my limbs.”  It was visibly clear that he wasn’t used to asking for help, but he certainly wasn’t proud enough to ask when needed

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 pm

She chuckled at his early remarks. "well, 'at's cer'nly good then, yeh?" she smiled, "Ah betcha have a tun'o stories t'tell..." she was curious about them, but perhaps another time. She was not about to try and change the subject.

Isi listened with an interested expression on her face to what he said next. It all made sense, and she was intrigued to hear of this project.
"Star metal, huh... Ah think that stuff's bendable at a high 'nuff level..." she was only saying this because she could bend it (with enough focus and concentration). "But Ah dunno; Ah ain't seen no one else doin' it..." Perhaps another funny thing about Isi's level of mastery was that she was not sure what was a "common talent" and what was exclusive to her (besides lavabending of course).

"Alraht," she smiled. "Ah'm in on this thing 'en. when d'we start?"
Mood: Understanding

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:52 am

Obsidian

Ronin chuckled, “Oh I have a few stories.  As I am sure you have as well.  I’d love to sit down and hear more about you when we get this business of ours behind us.” He said sincerely.  He really did find this talented young woman quite interesting indeed.

When she made her statement about Star Metal Ronin nodded in agreement.  “It is because it so difficult to bend that I desire to use it.  I can’t have anyone controlling my limbs when I fight.  I can’t even have anyone slowing me down while I fight.  This is why I want the smith to use heat to craft my limbs and eliminate any and all impurities from the Star Metal, which is already extremely pure.”

“Thank you young lady,” said Ronin as she offered to help him, “you are giving me a chance to live a normal life once more.” His tone was sincere and full of gratitude.  It was obvious that he was very thankful. “We can start right away if it pleases you?  Meili will lead us to the smith whenever you are ready…” he said as he looked back at Meili and gave her a nod.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Isi chuckled. "Ah'm sure y've got more stories'n Ah do tho..." she admitted rather humbly, "Ah'm just a kid." it was true that Isikiro was one of the youngest master in the world of any element), although given her work ethic, her long-time attachment to the earth, and who she was taught by, it did all kind of make sense in retrospect.

"'at totally makes sense." she nodded understandingly, "Ah maht still wanna see i f Ah could bend it when all wuz said 'n dun, but Ah think if Ah couldn't, tha'd be a surefahr' sahn of y'er success, y'know?" she chuckled, definietly not trying to demean him or anything. there was a competitive streak in Isikiro that had developed sometime in her life (possibly from the streetfighter in her) and it was this spark that gave her that curiosity.

"a'ighty," Isi gave him another friendly nod, "jus' lemme finish m'tea here 'n Ah'll be raht with ya. y'kinj go 'head 'n let th'queen no." she cocked her head towards said individual, giving her a smile and a nod.
Mood: Understanding

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili smirked again as she saw Ronin and Isikiro getting along well enough. When the two of them met back up with Meili, she nodded. "I see no reason to linger around here then..." her eyes briefly met Kada before she dropped a generous tip to keep him quiet, "let us move on."

The journey was short, but it took them to Makusei's shop, which was located nicely in the Middle Ring. they could see the forges blazing in the back, and Isi seemed a little awkward around this place. a little note indicated to knock on the front door if they wanted the smith's attention.
"Welp, Ronin... want me to do the honors?" since he couldn't exactly knock on the door himself.

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:29 am

Obsidian

Ronin nodded at Isikiro.  “By all means, I’d like for you and the Earth Queen to test it.  If I can keep both of you at bay, I will know that no other metalbender will be a threat when it comes to my new limbs.”

It wasn’t long before the trio of earthbenders were making their way to this smith that Meili spoke so highly of.  Ronin carefully observed his surroundings, he could feel the heat from the blazing forges and his senses tingled as he felt all the metal in the area.  He also sensed the Star Metal under a tarp nearby.  Meili’s men had obviously already delivered it while they were at Dezna’s.  Ronin nodded his head at Meili, letting her know that he was ready to meet this Makusei, and get his new limbs.

Back to top Go down
Makusei
Makusei

EXP : 1500

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Makusei Zhaoyin

Ai-Mei might have been nobility, but even she was surprised to see the queen at her friend's doorstep. she too had heard of the old Ronin and the legends surrounding him, and similarly about the little lavabender that lived in Ba Sing Se, and so with a smile and warm welcome, she invited the three of them in.
"Let me go get Maku then... I'm sure that's who you're wishing to see."

as the queen wheeled Ronin inside, she and Isikiro also sat down waiting for the man of the hour to show up. He did not keep them waiting long, coming back inside through a side door.
"Well..." he chuckled, lifting his mask, "I didn't expect to see you here of all places, Queen Meili." he gave a respectful bow, "it's an honor to have you though... and... who is this?" he did not recognize Ronin from his remains or what was under the mask. he did recognize Isikiro, but both of them just kind of stared awkardly at each other for a moment.
Link: Makusei

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Obsidian

Ronin bowed his head in greeting to the young smith.  “I am Ronin,” He began, “I have heard many good things about you Makusei, and it is an honor to finally meet you.  We have all three come to you for your aid.  What we want to try is completely unique, and it is the first time something of like has been attempted.” continued Ronin before gesturing over to the star metal under the tarp.  “We want you to craft the finest set up prosthetic limbs you can, out of pure meteorite ore.  Think it’s possible?”

Back to top Go down
Makusei
Makusei

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Makusei Zhaoyin

Maku listened to the request with interest. "well... I could give it a shot. I would need an intense amount of heat for that though, and I'm not sure where I would get it..."
he paused.
"...unless it's why you brought this little spitfire with you?" he chuckled. Even though it was clear that he and Isi had had an awkward meeting or relationship somewhere nearlier in their lives, Makusei was a chill guy who didn't dwell on it, and it didn't seem that Isikiro did either. In truth, he was just a number to her.

"I'm not entirely sure if it's possible since I don't ever recall it being done... but I reckon we can make history today by changing that. what do you say?"

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:30 am

Obsidian

When Makusei mentioned the heat he would need, and guessed that it was why Isikiro had come along, Ronin nodded.  “Indeed.  Meili provides the metal, Isi provides the heat, I provide the measurements and you provide the magic.” He chuckled.  “I am eager to begin.  I’d also like to request that you make a mask and armor of the same material…as well as a Katana.”

With that, Ronin leaned back, ready to watch Meili, Makusei and Isi at work…And more than ready to try on his new limbs and armor.

Mood: Eagers

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

As if this was her cue, Meili beckoned for them all to head outside, which they did. A moment later, Meili hefted what was probably a several-ton meteorite towards Maku's forge. Using precise earthbending strikes, Meili broke it apart into various-sized pieces, calculating about how much metal each piece of the armor, as well as the mask and weapons, would take.

"And don't worry, Maku dear," Meili reassured him, "I'll make sure you are compensated fairly for this." Otherwise, her job of hefting the unrefined metal was done, and now it was Isikiro's turn to apply the heat. Meili stood back, knowing what this might entail, but all three of them seemed to be deliberately giving Ronin the perfect view so he could watch his armor come to life.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 2:02 pm

With the metal in place, now it was Isi's turn. She stepped forward, cracking her neck, spitting on her palms, before rubbing them against her jacket. She intertwined her fingers to crack the joints, before turning to the others. "Ever'un stand back!" she warned. Not that she doubted her control over the lava--just that if it was hot enough to melt the tar-metal, it'd be hot enough to cause all but Maku (who was dressed for the job) great discomfort form the heat. Isi would similarly be fine because she would be at a distance once the forge was running.

she brought up a large slab of stone, compressing it together to shape it into a forge--she didn't want Maku's forge damaged by the lava, which might have happened considering that it was not built for lava the way Isi's hand-crafted one was. A moment later, she clenched her fists and lava flowed into the forge, super-heating it rather intensely.

"Welp..." she stepped back ,"Ah've dun wut Ah kin do... th'rests' up to you, Maku."
Mood: Cool

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makusei
Makusei

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Makusei Zhaoyin

And thus with a deep breath, the master began his work. It was a long process, and he did have to call Isi back a time or two to re-heat some of the lava, but that was because he was going to waste no resources since the Queen herself had put her up to this task, even if the final product was not for her.

But, soon enough, several pieces began to take form--pieces of the limbs, with joints to put it together like a building set of sorts, with the prosthetic attachments all connecting to one central chestplate piece that would likely be the "center of operations."

"They're probably still hot," he warned after he had finished the final piece--the mask--several hours later. "but otherwise, just let 'em cool a bit, and we can put it together. Otherwise... I hope it exceeds your expectations."
Mood: Proud
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Obsidian

Ronin watched in utter awe as Meili, Isikiro and Makusei each done their part in crafting his new limbs and armor.  With each strike of Makusei’s hammer, Ronin feel the star metal vibrating, pulsing even.  

After hours of work, it was finally ready.  Ronin shut his eyes and using all his concentration, the star-metal suit began to levitate, floating towards him.  Piece by piece, the suit interlocked and came together, for a split second Isikiro and Makusei would see his scarred face as his Meili’s makeshift mask was replaced by a new one.

Once the suit was on, Ronin slowly rose to his feet.  He looked down at his new metal limbs before lifting his arms and examining his hands.  He open and closed them a few times, turning them side to side.  “This is amazing” he started, “I…don’t know what to say…”
He looked around and reached out for a glass that Makusei had been drinking from to stay cool, it shattered instantly in his hand as he picked it up.  “Sorry!” he said quickly, “I guess I still need to get use to them…I would very much like to test it out more though…”

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:54 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili watched the spectacle unfold in front of her and was admittedly impressed by Obsidian's control. She and Isi could move the metal with enough focus, but knew that Obsidian would be able to resist and keep it in his control given its closeness and contact with him.

"Well... that certainly looks fine and dandy." she smirked approvingly. "I can reimburse you for that glass, Maku," she chuckled, before turning back to Obsidian. "other than that... I think you should be fine as long as you don't piss me or Isi off..." she took a swig from a hip flask, "but I doubt you'd do that. But now that begs the question--what are you going to do from here? where are you going to go?"

she didn't have any hints or implications, and was just going with this at face value. wherever Obsidian chose to pursue his destiny was up to him. Meili would be there if he ever needed her, but she was pretty sure he was back on his feet at this point.
Mood: Impressed

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Obsidian

Ronin was still examining his limbs when Meili spoke.  It was a strange sensation.  Even though they were just prosthetics, he could almost feel through them.  Every vibration rippled through his arms and I gave the sensation of touch.

“Minato,” said Ronin in response to Meili, “I am going to find Minato.”  His mind was set on this course, and he planned to set out immediately.

He bowed low before Meili. “My Queen, I cannot thank you enough.  You have shown me great kindness, and I am always at your service.”

He then graciously scooped up Isi’s hand, kissing it ever so gently.  “Thank you for your help and for our conversation…perhaps we will meet again and tell each other some of those stories yes?”

Finally he held out his outstretched hand for Makusei, careful not to crush it.  “Your master work will not be squandered.  It shall be used to save lives…the first one it saved…was mine…and for that I thank you.”

“I am sorry I cannot stay long.  Minato would already have a head start, and it is my duty to stop my old team before they hurt anyone else.”  Said Ronin with a final bow.  “Thank you all again, I am eternally indebted to you.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Obsidian Origins   The Obsidian Origins - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Obsidian Origins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2