The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Hunger for Knowledge

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Elegys

The corner of the nomad’s mouth curled upwards at the woman’s thanks. He took another sip of the drink and then put his glass on the table, eyes still locked on Isi. ”It is my pleasure, Isikiro. You’re most certainly worth it,” he said, smiling sweetly at the woman. ”Thank you for coming with me, Isi. You company is very welcome.”

The waitress looked over his way from the other side of the room, but Elegys gave her a slight shake of the head. ”It’s a good job we managed to get a table here. If not we would have been back at that café where we met!” he said, chuckling. He picked up the menu from the edge of the table and placed it in front of Isikiro, his face remaining constant.

”Anything catch your eye? Or would you like to take… A chance?” he said, winking at Isikiro.

Mood: Flirtatious
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

EXP : 9600
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok

"So... are y'really that a'tracted t'me already?" Not that she was skeptical, just that he seemed especially nice to her. She'd love if it was real, but it almost seemed like something out of a fairytale.
"...r's this just friends so far?" The way she worded it made it sound like she was fine either way, and her next words verified this. "Ah mean... Ah'm fahn if we're jus' friends so far, since we jus' met 'n stuff.... but hey, if this date keeps goin' lahk this, maybe we kin' git t'know each other more?" While some might have suspected innuendo behind this, Isi meant it at face value.

"ey... there ain't nuthin' wrong with Dezna's... but this place is certain;y a good sev'ral steps up... from basically ever'thin though..." she chuckled, taking another sip of her drink. She took the menu a moment later.

"mm... somethin' with meat... maybe sum' seafood on top 'r sumthin'..." she sniffed the air as if mentally envisioning the entreé in front of her. "but really... ever'thin' looks so good that Ah think Ah'd be satisfah'd with jus' 'bout anythin'." she smiled up at him.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Lovely ^^
Link: Isi

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Elegys

Elegys smirked. ”Well, you’ll just have to wait and see,” he said with a wink. As she looked through the menu, he attracted the attention of the waitress, who arrived just after she finished speaking.

”Two of the chef’s specials, please – something with meat and seafood, make it delicious,” he said, smiling up at the waitress. ”Thanks,” he muttered as she walked away. He turned back to Isikiro, still smiling. ”I hope you don’t mind.”

He glanced out of the window, admiring the view. ”Beautiful, isn’t it?”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Isi nodded to affirm that she wanted what Elegys had ordered, but otherwise simply smiled and did not say anything, not feeling like anything else needed to be said. She might have looked like nobility in her fancy black dress and heels, with her hair smelling all pretty and a few piece of jewelery on her ears and neck, but she knew she'd never be one of those rich girls--and she didn't want to be. She liked being the humble but powerful Isikrio Sherazi Anazalrok.

Glancing out the window at his invitation, she smiled. "it is..." she nodded, "t'day wuz a good day... 'n it wuz nahs t'meetcha. We 'kin probably train again later t'morrow, 'n then Ah'll hafta see m'schedule, but Ah'm sure Ah could arrange anuther meetin' shortly after tha..."
she took a deep breath. "mmm... damn it smells gud in 'ere..." she sighed.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Elegys

”It was nice to meet you too, Isikiro,” he said quietly. ”And as for training tomorrow, we might have to make it quite late with all of the drinking that we’ll end up doing… Unless, of course, breakfast is on the cards.” He winked at her suggestively, a suave smile growing on his face.

The waitress appeared at the table like a shadow, placing a plate in front of each of them. “The hors-d'oeuvre. Salade Nicoise to begin.”

Elegys picked up his smallest knife and fork and took a small bite of the salad, letting out a slight groan of pleasure from the taste, nodding in approval of the fish salad. Once he swallowed the bite, he looked up at Isikiro. ”This salad is delicious. A good sign of things to come for the rest of the night, I think.”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Isi chuckled. "Well... Ah kin handle quaht alot... but I s'pose we'll see where th'naht takes us... 'long as Ah dun' lose th'dress completely..." she was not implying that there was no way it would come off--just that she didn't want to have to go home without it, if that made sense. Hey, a girl couldn't be too careful.

she hardly needed to be told about the salad, and she would make sure that it was cleaned off--something she did not think would be very difficult to do with how tasty it was. It was just that Isi was abhorrent to waste food, and so she'd eat just about anything that wasn't rotten. She was not a picky eater. Luckily at a place like this, she didn't need to be. Everything was just so divine.

"Ah'll say." she agreed, "it's d'licious! gettin' me all excaht'd f'er th'rest've th'naht." she chuckled softly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Elegys

”Well, we wouldn’t want to lose such a beautiful dress,” he said. [coloe=#E02900]”I’ll make sure we put it somewhere safe.”[/color]

He continued to eat his salad, but glanced up at Isikiro every now and then with a flirtatious smile. The salad was devoured quickly, and the nomad put his cutlery upon the empty plate before picking up his champagne flute. He drained the rest of it before picking up the bottle and looking inquisitively at Isikiro.

”Would you like some more champagne?” he asked, filling up his own glass. If Isikiro wanted it, he would fill up her glass too. ”I wonder what the next course will be – I can hardly wait.”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Isikiro couldn't help but chuckle. She wasn't exactly the flirtiest woman out there, but there were a few things she liked. "oooh... so y'er implyin' that m'dress is comin' off t'naht?" she laughed, "a'ight then..."

Isi also drained her glass, enjoying the strong but delicious taste of the liquid as it slid down her throat. She nodded at his offer. "would Ah ever!" she grinned, holding out her glass. "thank'ee. me too... Ah'm still purdy hungry, an' this food's divahn!"

She might not have been the most ritzy and sophisticated girl in the world either, but she had enough manners that she didn't look like a savage in a dress or anything. She was quite dignified--and definitely polite.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:06 am

Elegys

”You can’t exactly sleep in it now, can you?” he said, winking at her. ”Or do anything else, for that matter.”

The waitress came over and took their plates away, and Elegys leaned forwards to get closer to Isikiro. ”Hopefully there’s a lot more food to come – and of the same quality!”

At this, the waitress returned with a pair of plates with bowls upon them. She placed them carefully upon the table and stepped back, clenching her hands behind her back. “The soupe à l'oignon gratinée. Enjoy.”

Elegys looked down at the soup that had been placed in front of him, and closed his eyes as the smell wafted into his nostrils. He grabbed his spoon and tucked in, relishing in the delicious taste of the onion soup.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:15 am

Isi chuckled. "A fair 'nuff point." it did make her wonder how the rest of the night would go, but she figured that she would learn when all was said and done. She was in no hurry for it to end, after all, although a nagging feeling in the back of her mind wondered if this was an elaborate ploy to try and get her to soften up and teach lavabending. That was something she did not intend to sway on, but she decided not to think about it. There was no point in killing the mood.

At the presentation of the onion soup, Isi grinned. "Ah think we jus' got our wish." she chuckled, having at the soup rather eagerly, although remaining polite. it was delicious, and bursting with flavor. onions usually had that effect, even if they weren't too thrilling on their own. Of course, Isi would also eat anything, so maybe she was biased...

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Elegys

The nomad ate his soup quickly, eager to get the delicious liquid into his mouth. His stomach growled in appreciation, and he put his spoon down as soon as he was finished, eagerly looking around for when the next course would be delivered. He looked back at Isikiro with a smile, and took another sip of champagne.

”Tell me about your family, Isikiro. I feel like I know nothing of you outside of your bending abilities.”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Taking another sip of the liquid herself, she smiled. "well... we're jus' a fam'ly of miners really. well... most of us were... mah next younger siblin' is 14, 'n then one's 11, and th'other's 9... so Ah'm quaht a'bit older'n 'em all, ye?"
"Me mother..." she continued, "useta be a cripple, till mah bes' frien' n' Ah helped git her lahf back on track. She wuz crippled th'same tahm... well, the same tahm mah dad dahd." she frowned a bit at that, remembering the day her life had changed forever. It had been because of this single incident--the mine explosion that had killed her father and crippled her mother, that the entire family's workload fell to Isi's shoulders--and she carried it almost miraculously, for years, before it was finally relieved of her.

"Nun've 'em are benders tho, funny 'nuff... Ah dunno where Ah got it 'en, other'n maybe th'fact that we've got gen'rationz've Earth Kingdom stock."

"What 'bout you?" she asked, "any family on y'er end?"

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Elegys

Elegys looked sympathetically at Isikiro as she spoke. ”That must have been difficult.” He took another sip of his drink as the woman finished, and then shrugged nonchalantly.

”I’ve never met my parents – well, technically I met my mother, but we were parted as soon as I was born. I was born out of wedlock, so the monks raised me. They were kind enough, but I never really connected to any of them. I’ve been alone my whole life, really – I guess I just haven’t found the right people yet. But that seems to be looking better already,” he said with a wink.

The waitress reappeared and took their bowls away, and the nomad finished his drink. Picking up the bottle once more, he filled up his own glass and topped up Isikiro’s without even bothering to ask.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:38 pm

"Y'were raised bah monks?" she asked curiously. not that she had anything against it, but it was not exactly a common thing in the Earth Kingdom. Maybe among the Air Nomads, but even with the nearby Northern Air Temple, they were mostly mechanists,. and if any group of Air Nomads would advance their civilization, it'd be the northerners. The Southern Air Temple had the most monks.

"were y'born in an air temple 'r sumthin'?" just curious..." her tone was clearly just one of curiosity. She didn't care where people came from, as long as they were decent people. as the waitress picked up their soup bowls, Isi giggled. "wuuuuuut are y'tryin'a suggest?" she asked teasingly.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Elegys

”I was – the Southern Air Temple. The scenery was nice, but the people not so much. I was always an outsider.”

He stopped himself there. He didn’t want to give anything away to make her thing that he was an Airbender – revealing himself as the Dark Avatar wasn’t high on his to-do list. He chuckled at her last question, and shrugged slightly.

”Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m really enjoying your company,” he said, before reaching across the table slowly and attempting to take her hand. ”I like you, Isikiro.”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 pm

"ah..." she shrugged. "Ah s'pose th'most multiculturalism Ah've got in me iz that Ah wuz born in'a place that wuz once a Fah'r Nash'n colony, but Ah s'pose that duzn't really count." she chuckled. "glad t'see ya finally found a place in lahf tho."

She giggled. "n Ah'm glad y'lahk mah company, accent and all..." she chuckled. Not that she had ever been ashamed of her accent (quite contrarily, she embraced it), but she had been teasaed or mocked for it before.
When she saw him reaching for her hand, she offered it--her dominant hand no less (Isi was right-handed). On her fingernails were little black and gold designs that looked almost like something seen on a noblewoman's nails. (she was particularly fond of these). "Ah'm havin' a wunderful naht too..."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Elegys

He squeezed Isikiro’s hand gently as he looked into her eyes, a broad smile on his face. Just then though, the waitress returned with more plates, so he retreated his hand back across the table, looking greedily at the food as she placed it in front of them.

“Seared Elephant Koi with caviar beurre blanc, straight from Kyoshi Island,” she said before walking off again. The food, again, looked delicious – the fish was coated in the caviar source, and served on a bed of mushrooms and various vegetables. Smacking his lips, he grabbed his next set of cutlery and started to eat, once again giving out a slight moan of pleasure as the taste entered his mouth.

I don’t eat meat! What are you doing?

”Did you know,” he said to Isikiro. ”That they don’t eat any meat at all in the Air Temples? For the first thirty years of my life I’d never so much as seen any meat or fish. I only know now what I’ve been missing out on!”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Isi had fairly large hands for a woman, but they were also soft, as if she had also lotioned her body before meeting up with Elegys for the date. she saw nothing wrong with being seen holding hands, and so she was not embarrassed when the waitress saw them retract their hands across the table.

as their next dish was placed in front of them, Isikiro took a huge whiff of the scent, her mouth watering. She had always been something of a meat-eater (a lot of miners were, actually), but this smelled just downright glorious.

"Ah did know that most of 'em never ate meat... but aye... Ah couldn't live without it... Ah dunno how they do it!" she chuckled, soon feasting upon the delicious food in front of her. it was a medley of delicious flavors, even for a girl who was totally not a picky eater. she certainly enjoyed it, and it showed.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Elegys

The nomad smiled at the words, taking another bite of the fish in front of him. ”It has certainly been an enlightening few weeks, I’ll tell you that much.” Each bite of the delicious food seemed better than the last, and before he had even realised the entire plate had been cleared.

He nimbly picked up his glass and washed down his last bite of food, smiling with pleasure as he did so. The bottle was quickly running out, much to his dismay. He poured the last drops into both his and Isikiro’s glasses, placing the empty bottle back in the cooler and looking at the woman across from him.

”Another bottle? Or would you like something different?”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 pm

"Ah'd cer'nly say so," Isi chuckled in agreement, also savoring each delicious bite of food. she'd have to find out how much a place like this costs regularly--she was amassing a small fortune of money that she really didn't even know what to do with, having been used to having so little in life. Whatever the case, it was clear that she would need to become a somewhat regular patron of this place.

"Ah'm down f'er anuther bottle," she chuckled, "that's delicious." and it was. Isi might have felt a little looser than normal but she wasn't tipsy, let alone drunk. Either way, she was in an amazing mood, and would likely be for the rest of the night.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Elegys

Elegys’ eyes darted to the rest of the room for a moment, trying to attract the attention of the waitress from earlier. When she looked over at the pair, he raised his hand and she came over quickly.

”Another bottle please,” he said, tapping the champagne bucket with a smile. She took the bottle with a nod and walked away, and Elegys turned to Isikiro. ”I wonder how many we can get through tonight,” he said, grinning at his date.

I wonder how you can afford all this. That champagne is worth more per bottle than a house in the Lower Ring!

We’ll be fine, Elegys; trust me. I have enough.

The waitress returned with the bottle and uncorked it, pouring it into each of their glasses and placing it in the bucket. ”Thank you,” he said, taking the glass in his hand and having a drink.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Isi couldn't help but chuckle. "are y'tryin' t'git me drunk 'fore we 'kin even get home?" she chuckled, "cuz that maht take a while!" she'd theoretically be fine with being a little bit tipsy, but she was not exactly one to get trashed. She had never had time before that, and she had made a fool out of many a drunk guy in her life before. She did not want to be one of those chumps.

she sipped her drink happily. "this is all maghty tasty!" she beamed. "thanks 'gain." let it not be said that Isikiro did not have any sense of gratitude--for that was far from the truth.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:13 am

Elegys

”So we’re going home together, then?” Elegys said with a suave smile. He chuckled softly before drinking another sip of the champagne, eyes still locked onto Isikiro’s. ”And you seem very confident in your drinking ability, even though you have such a small figure. I’m willing to put that confidence to the test if you are,” he said, smile still on his face.

”There is no need to thank me; it should be me thanking you for keeping me company this evening. But there is still more to come, you can count on that!”

As if by clockwork, the next course arrived. The plates were placed in front of the pair, with the large slab of meat still sizzling upon them. “Steak au Poivre. Enjoy,” the waitress said, this time offering the pair a smile. Elegys’s attention was on the food, however – the large piece of meat was slathered in a delicious looking red wine sauce, topped with peppercorns and with a side of home-made fries and a green salad.

He looked up at Isi approvingly. ”Now this is what I’ve been waiting for.” Not waiting for a response, he grabbed his fork and steak knife and eagerly cut into the meat, blood dripping from the blade as he did so.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:39 am

Isi chuckled. "well... it's gettin' purdy late already... 'n it ain't safe f'er a drunk lady t'be staggerin' down th'streets at naht..." she joked, knowing that the Upper Ring and most of the Middle Ring were generally fairly safe and crime free, and she wasn't even that tipsy, but she figured that they might as well end their night with a bang (no pun intended) if Elegys was okay with it, and so she'd just go with the flow.

"but nah... Ah dun' wanna get trashed n' fall flat on m'face... Ah wanna at least have *sum*' recollection of t'naht!" she chuckled. "still... if there's more t'eat... Ah'm game f'er it!" let it not be said that she was not enjoying ehrself, for few things could be farther from the truth.

"Bah th'gods, this is wut Ah've b'in looking forward to!" she laughed before digging in (politely) to the succulent-smelling (and tasting) meat. it was as delicious as it looked, and Isikiro couldn't help but give a few delighted little "mm!"-like squeals of delight as she took each savory bite and let the flavors careass her mouth before swallowing.
"s'wonderful!" she nodded happily.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Elegys

Elegys grinned. ”I’m sure you need me to look after you on the way home; who knows what might happen,” he said with a wink. After he spoke he continued to tuck into the steak, eating with a greater fervour than all of the other courses combined. The taste of the meat invaded Elegys’ taste buds like nothing else he had ever tasted. The juices swirled in his mouth as he ate, and he let out a groan of pleasure.

The steak was gone in minutes, and it held the nomad’s full attention until it was gone. Once the last piece of succulent meat passed down his throat, he sat back with a contented grin on his face. It had easily been one of the best meals of his life – and the first that wasn’t just various different vegetables. He grabbed his glass and finished it, smiling at Isikiro across the table.

”I don’t think I could have enjoyed that any more. It was simply delicious.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hunger for Knowledge   A Hunger for Knowledge - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Hunger for Knowledge
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next