The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Search for a Master [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaila
Zaila

EXP : 900

Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Zaila

When the woman appeared to accept his proposal, Zaila almost leapt out of his seat with joy. Finally, he would get some hands on experience with bending, and hopefully learn a thing or two. While his body wanted to go outside and start straight away, his mind was more cautious – surely it would be better to be fully rested when learning something new, otherwise he might overexert himself.

”How about tomorrow? Are you free?” he asked, his eyes moving slowly to the window. ”It’s getting late after all, and I want to see if these beds are really as comfortable as you’re making out!” His face flushed slightly as his naïve mind made insinuations about the bedroom, and he cleared his throat before looking out the window again, admiring the growing darkness and trying to hide the red of his cheeks.

Mood: Ecstatic
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

EXP : 9600
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok

"Ah should be free, yeh... well, later in'th'afternoon anyhoo." Maybe it was just the worker in her, but Isi didn't want *too* many days off to be left to her own devices. She wasn't exactly a workaholic, she just found that earning her keep was often a nice way to pass the time, now that she didn't work in such oppressive circumstances.

"heh... well, Ah guess Ah'll see y'tomorrow then? Ah dunno when they'll kick ya out of th'room, but if y'give me a tahm 'n a place, Ah kin probably meetcha there." she stayed seated for the time being though, and finished sipping her tea. She had never really taught anyone her skills or her style. Isi's earthbending styles would not be found at academies. There might be a few tricks of earthbending and metalbending, but Isikiro also knew how to manipulate lava, which was a powerful and destructive tool that she did not want to share.
but, if Zaila didn't mind a rather foreceful approach to earthbending, perhaps the coal miner could teach him a thing or two...
Mood: Calm
Condition: Blushing
Link: Isi

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Zaila

The teenager smiled at her words, nodding vigorously. ”The afternoon sounds great to me! How about we meet just outside the hotel here? I don’t really know anywhere else in the Middle Ring,” he said, shrugging as if in apology. When is seemed like the woman was getting ready to leave, Zaila made a strange noise of complaint.

”There’s still more tea if you want another cup? Or do you have to be somewhere?” he asked, genuinely wanting for Isikiro to stay. He hadn’t had anything that even closely resembled a friend for years now, and he was eager to continue to spend time with the woman who may become his teacher.

Mood: Ecstatic

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:46 am

"sounds good t'me." Isi smiled. "maybe sumday' sum'un kin giva y'a tour 'r sumthin'. Ah dunno." she shrugged. She explored a bit of the area, especially since she usually looked for work around these parts, but it wasn't like she was really a powerful authority on the names and places of the Ba Sing Se Streets. "if y'er lookin' for sum' good ol'fashin'd labor tho... Ah kin def'nitely halp y'out. y'look lahk a strappin' young man..." but then again, Isikiro was very old-fashioned in that regard. To her, when someone was strong and healthy, they would be using their time best while hard at work somewhere. Not that she preached to everyone and blamed people for being slackers, but to her, the best way to earn one's keep was to work and to work hard.

"Oh... Ah kin stick 'round f'er a bit Ah rekon." she shrugged, pouring herself another glass, "Ah jus thought y'had wanted sum privacy 'r sumthin'. if not, Ah kin basically spend all naht here till mornin', anyhoo. Ah ain't got nuthin' tonaht, but Ah gotta work tomorrow... how 'bout you? y'good at any particular kind'o work?" That was always an interesting question for Isi to ask. Hopefully it wasn't too personal.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:45 am

Zaila

”Oh, you know, a little bit of this and a little of that,” he said with a shrug. ”I worked in a factory whenever they would let me, and did some basic labour jobs around the Lower Ring. And some, heh, less legal activities too.” He smiled slightly, although it was nothing to smile about. ”Some of the gangs in the Lower Ring are always looking for fresh hands, and it was the only thing I could do to feed myself. Fortunately I never got too deep in the organisation, or I might never have left!”

He poured himself another cup of tea as well, recoiling slightly as the steam heated his face. ”And what do you do now? I know you said you used to work in the mines.”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Isi shrugged. She was not really one to judge on that sort of thing. "well... y'do whatcha gotta do, raht?" she tilted her head slightly. "s'not lahk Ah'm about to'judge y'on it 'r nuthin'." Isikiro knew the struggle to make money more than most--for not only did she have to try and support herself, but also her family, since her three other siblings were all under the age of 12, and her mother was a cripple. She did not ever speak much about that terrible incident that had forced them into this situation.

"Nowadays?" she asked, "Ah mostly work f'er one'o m'friends in th'Upper Ring. When Ah ain't with her, Ah'm usually in th'Lower r' Middle Ring helpin' wit' c'nstrucshin 'r sumthin. They purdy much always 'r lookin' f'er earthbenders t'halp'em out thar. jus' a thought..."
she took another sip of her tea, getting herself fairly comfortable in her seat.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 am

Zaila

Zaila nodded as she spoke, genuinely interested in what she did with her time. His eyes widened slightly when she said she had friends in the Upper Ring, and his view of her changed entirely. When she mentioned that they were always looking for Earthbenders to help with construction, he ran a hand through his hair, thinking hard.

”That does sound like a good opportunity,” he said slowly, his eyes glazing over slightly as he imagined the amount of money he would earn from working in the Middle Ring. ”But I don’t think I’m ready yet – I can barely control my bending at the best of times, and sometimes…” He leaned closer to the woman, putting his cup down on the table. ”I see things. Well, not see exactly – I’m not sure how to explain it, but I can just feel people around me, even if I can’t see them. It’s extremely creepy, y’know?”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:37 am

It wasn't that Isi had all kinds of Upper Ring friends, but her friend Shi-Hao from the Upper Ring was definitely her best friend ever (besides perhaps her boyfriend, but the two were very different things), and so she always spoke very highly of the woman.

"well... 'en 'haps Ah shuld teech y'a thing 'r two 'en, uh?" she chuckled. Someone had helped her get onto her feet before, and so she felt obligated to do the same to someone else. "y... kin see things? lahk... th'sahzmic sense?" she lifted her foot, flipping the metal of her boots away to reveal her soles. she stamped the ground and concentrated.
"er's a spahder in th'corner under th'bed." she chuckled. "n a gold piece behahnd th'counter. we kin probably halp y'master that trick too, if y'wanted." she shrugged, sitting back down and actually metalbending her boots right off. the power of Isi's earthbending wasn't really something she thought about much. She simply *did* it, and so she wondered if she'd be a decent teacher at all.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 am

Zaila

The teenager’s jaw dropped. Not only did this woman possess the same talents that he did, she could bend metal! He collapsed backwards onto the sofa as his mind tried to take in all the new information, struggling to keep himself from babbling incomprehensibly.

”T-that would be amazing!” he finally managed to get out, his breathing becoming heavier with the excitement. ”And Metalbending, too? Could I learn that?”

Zaila felt like a child at Christmas. Only yesterday he had been scavenging on the streets, and today he not only had two potential teachers, but a pocketful of gold and a nice hotel room to boot. Life was beginning to look up, it seemed.

”Hey, Isi,” he said, growing more serious. ”Do you know anything about the Dai Li we met today? The man named Kyorin?”

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:02 am

Isi paused for a moment. "Ah rekon' so. Ah dunno when 'r how Ah learned it tho, so Ah could be a bit rocky... no pun 'tended." she chuckled. "but otherwahz, yeh, Ah reckon we culd do that..." she didn't mention lavabending, which was another of her talents, because frankly, she was not sure that she wanted to share such a dangerous and destructive talent. She had only learned it out of a cross between luck and being trapped in a tight spot anyways, but she was getting off subject.

"Ah dunno a whole lotta 'bout 'em, but Ah think that guy works f'er th'queen diractly 'r sumthin'... that's th'word 'round th'middle ring anyhoo. whah? did'e do sumthin' to ya ''r sumthin?" she took another sip of her tea as she relaxed, crossing her massive feet at the ankle.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Calm

\

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 3:21 am

Zaila

Zaila shrugged. ”I’m just not used to people being so nice to me, I guess. I’ve never had anybody to look after me, but this guy just came along, saved me from the other Dai Li and gave me a sack full of gold. He even said he’d come and check up on me, see how I was doing. I miss that, y’know?”

He sighed, draining the rest of his tea from the cup. Night was beginning to fall, and tendrils of darkness started to creep through the window. The urchin yawned, having almost forgotten what a traumatic day he had had. What he needed now was some sleep, and the comfortable bed in the next room seemed like heaven right now.

”I think I’m gonna call it a night, Isi,” he said, barely managing to hold back another yawn. ”Trying out that bed will be fun – I think I have a good night ahead of me!”

Mood: Tired

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:21 am

Isikiro nodded understandingly, thinking back to the time when she was helped back onto her feet by a benevolent benefactor. "aye... thas' more 'r less how it feels, Ah reckon." she agreed, "it's kinda hard t'wrap y'er head 'round it at firs'... but 'en when'it sinks in... it's a'mazin' feelin'.

Isi drained her tea sooner or later, and before she knew it, the darkness of the night was creeping in on them.
"welp... Ah reckon Ah best git goin' too then," she suggested, "Ah gotta git home t'make sure m'siblin's 'n me mother are alraht... 'n then gotta do a bit o' work t'morrow mornin'... Ah kin swing bah here 'gain later in th'afternoon if y'er still 'round. If y'ar, we kin' practice a bit've earthbendin' 'r wut-have-yeh. how'z that sound?"
Assuming he was fine with it, she would thank him for the tea and then bid him farewell, and would stick to her word, aiming to meet him there tomorrow.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Zaila

The young Earthbender smiled and nodded at the woman’s suggestion. He waved as she left the room, the smile still on his face as he leaned back in his seat. Life was good at the minute – something that he could say for the first time in years. He pulled himself to his feet slowly, stretching his arms out as he yawned. He entered the bedroom and looked around, looking forwards to sleeping somewhere that wasn’t the streets for once.

He removed his clothes quickly and dived into the bed, throwing the duvet off as he lay upon it. The room was already hotter than he was used to, so he didn’t think he would need it tonight. His thoughts were correct, and he fell asleep within a few seconds of lying upon the bed.

Peaceful dreams were the only events of the night, and Zaila woke up refreshed and ready for some action. He quickly re-dressed into yesterday’s clothes and left the room, smiling to himself as he walked downstairs into reception.

“Thank you, sir; we’ll be seeing you later,” the receptionist said to him, and Zaila gave a half-wave in reply. He walked out of the hotel and onto the streets, looking left and right as he thought of what to do.

Mood: Ready for Adventure

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Isi went home and attended to her nightly business as she always did, making sure the little rascals were in bed, and also helping her mother given her disabilities. All was as it should be, and so she was able to go to bed at a decent hour.

The next morning was similar to the one before it, except that Isi went to work and spent most of the morning doing her business as usual. It was not that she had forgotten about the promise she had made to Zaila--she told him she would swing by in the afternoon, since that was when she finished her shift.

and so, when that happened, she went home, made sure her family was in order, so to speak, before making her way back to the hotel where the boy had been earlier. That had been where they said they would meet, after all.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

EXP : 3005

Character Description
Position: Dai Li Elite
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin was leaning against the wall to the right side of the hotel door. It wasn't hard to find out where he went. He had his ways. He had been waiting for a little over an hour, not knowing if this kid was an early riser and didn't want to miss him.

When Zaila walked out of the hotel doors, Zaila seemed to gaze right over him as he looked left and right. He smiled inwardly. "How did a night in comfort feel?" Kyorin called out, not giving any premonition that he was there. He hoped to startle Zaila a little.

Mood: Ready
Condition: Healthy
Link: "https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1749-kyorin-the-snake-acer"

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:54 am

Zaila

The young Earthbender almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice behind him. He spun around quickly to see the man he had met the day before – Kyorin, the man with the golden touch. Zaila waved to him and walked over, a broad smile upon his youthful face.

”It felt strange; but the good kind of strange!”

He was cut off as a rumbling noise emerged from his stomach. He looked down at it, realising that he hadn’t eaten since lunch the day before. With an apologetic look at Kyorin, he gave an awkward smile. ”I don’t suppose there’s somewhere around here we could grab some breakfast? Comfort is all well and good, but this man needs some food!”

Mood: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Kyorin

This man needs some food? Kyorin raised his eyebrow at Zaila's words. Had this boy grown a little overconfident? Before he had been scared but practical. Maybe Kyorin was fussing over nothing, and that was just his way of saying he was hungry. Sighing, he gave in. "Sure, there is a good tea place I know around here that also serves breakfast. Let's walk and talk."

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Zaila

The teenager almost jumped in the air with excitement as Kyorin replied to him. They started walking towards the shop, and Zaila realised why the man had been looking at him weird. His excitement was obviously showing, and his attempts to appear confident were obviously making him seem strange. He tried to calm himself, pushing the intense happiness down and trying to quell his excitement.

”So, I talked with that girl last night, Isikiro,” he said as they walked, trying to spark up a conversation. ”She said that she could help with my Earthbending as well! We said we’d meet up this afternoon, isn’t that great?”

He smiled, rubbing his hands together slightly as they walked. ”How are things with you? What have you been up to?”

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:48 am

Kyorin

"Isikiro? That's her name huh?" Kyorin had heard a lot about her before. "And she'll help you? Well, that's somethign unexpected. And other than normal business, nothing." He wasn't about to tell this kid anything. They only reason he was willing to do this, was because of Zaila's talents. He was a powerful bender, and with his seismic sense, he could be a very difficult enemy if taught by the wrong people. But Maybe Isikiro was alright. Kyorin looked distant as he walked and thought.

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Zaila

Zaila looked curiously at Kyorin as they walked. It was obvious that he was hiding something; but, then again, he had only just met the strange Dai Li Agent. If he had revealed all of his comings and goings, the teenager would have been seriously worried about the security of the most secretive agency in the entire world.

They continued walking nonetheless, and eventually stopped outside of a small tea shop. Zaila glanced nervously at Kyorin before walking in, holding the door open for the other man. As soon as they entered, a cute waitress came over with a smile on her face.

“Welcome; how can I help you today?”

Zaila blushed – it wasn’t often that he had the chance to talk to girls, let alone pretty ones. He stumbled over his words slightly before clearing his throat. ”Hi, erm, a table for two please!”

She smiled nicely at him, motioning them over to a table. “And will you be eating today, sir?”

”Y-yes, we will be,” he said, face still a fiery red. She smiled agiain, still looking at him. He was nonplussed as to why for a few seconds, until he realised that she wanted to take his order. ”Oh, erm, I’ll take anything! You can decide!”

Again the woman smiles, but he could tell that she wasn’t really happy. Surely she got that same request when people walked in, and would probably prefer them to just make up their own minds about what to eat.

“And for you, sir?” she said, looking to Kyorin.

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 am

Kyorin

Kyorin sighed as the young man told her to order him whatever she wanted. She was a pretty girl, and his stumbling was mostly because of that. "He'll have a jasmine tea, with 8 ounces of whatever is your cheapest steak. I'll have just the Tea."

The waitress smiled and nodded to Zaila first, then Kyorin, then turned around and walked off.
Kyorin turned to Zaila. "Don't say 'whatever you want', because then they'll get the most expensive thing on the menu. Best to just take the time and look at the menu."

"Now, about your bending. I want to tell you why I offered you the gold and my time. You have a very unique talent not many people have nowadays. Seismic Sensing. I am able to offer you a deal. I teach you how to use sand better along with basic and some advanced earthbending techniques, as Isikiro is most likely going to teach you metal. In return, I want you to at least try to teach me Seismic Sensing. It will greatly help me in my career." He raised his eyebrow. Something like this wasn't a deal you just say yes too. He might want to think about it for a moment.

Mood:Anticipation
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Zaila

The teenager grinned as Kyorin ordered for him. His words were wise, and he obviously had experience in such matters. When Kyorin got down to the important business, Zaila leaned forwards slightly.

”Seismic Sensing? Is that what it’s called?” he asked quietly. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought on what the other man had said. Teaching was never something that Zaila had expected to get involved in, at least not this way round. And was it even possible to learn this skill? Hell, Zaila didn’t even understand it, let alone be able to teach it to someone.

A flash of a thought crossed the young man’s mind. This seemed like the only way that he would be able to learn Earthbending, the only way for him to train his talents. What did it matter if he failed to teach his own talents to Kyorin? He couldn’t exactly take away any of their training that had already happened, right?

”I guess I could try and teach it to you,” he said slowly, a small smile flitting onto his face. ”But maybe we should do some Earthbending first – I don’t really know how to control this yet, but hopefully learning Earthbending will help, right?”

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin studied him. He was right, learning to do some basic movements would greatly improve his understanding of his talents. He's the one that has it, so he has to be the one to understand it. "You're correct. Basic moves will help you. When would you like to begin?"

He tried to be as open as possible. Even though the young boy probably didn't have a schedule happening in his orphan life, Kyorin wanted to gain his trust a little. The Dai Li would make time around Zaila.

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Zaila

The Dai Li's eagerness to start was not lost on the young boy. Obviously this Agent wanted to learn Zaila's own talent just as much as he wanted to learn from Kyorin. With a grin, he leaned back on his chair, eyes scanning the restaurant for any sign of the waitress with his food.

”Well, the only thing I have planned today is a steak, so how about we start after that?” he said, smiling broadly. He should have known that today would be a good day – a steak and training; what could be better?

”But before that, how about I give you some training, huh? Lets see what we're working with,” he said with a grin, before sitting forwards and resting his elbows on the table. ”Now, I want you to tell me how many people are in this restaurant. With your eyes closed would probably be better, but if you can't do that then feel free to open them and have a look round. You are a beginner, after all!”

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin raised his eyebrow at Zaila for the second time that day. "See, the problem with that is, I've already taken into account the amount of people an their locations. Their are 15 people in all, including us. There is a North Exit, and South Exit, and an East entrance, and I know that this cafe has no West entrance. Of the 15, 5 of them are women and 10 of them male. Five couples, and then 2 men having tea together, and another alone." He smirked. He had relayed all of this information to Zaila without flinching or moving his eyes from Zaila's. "It's part of my training as a Dai Li."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Search for a Master [OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next