The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grounded [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lyndis
Lyndis

EXP : 6000
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis chuckled. "well... that sounds like something we have in common then." It wasn't like the friends or families of the dead criminals she had killed would just lie down and take it. No, they'd swear to do all kinds of horrible things to her, the kindest of which was usually something along the lines of "stick you and gut you".

but at the same time, it wasn't like Lyndis was about to turn to violence against Kei either, provided he gave her the same respect. Thus, all was well it seemed. Lyndis certainly wasn't complaining anyways. Besides. if nothing else, he was not too hard on the eyes himself.

"everyone has stories," she chuckled, "I'm sure there's a story behind why I was given this kind of voice despite my personality." it almost seemed weird hearing her talk about crazy shenanigans and murder when her voice sounded very motherly and gentle; the kind of voice that would probably be good for singing or for rocking a child to sleep.

"well then..." she smirked playfully. "which story would you like to hear?"
Mood: Curious
Condition: Awake
Link: Lyndis

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Kei

"How about the story of your first kiss?" Kei asked with a poker face to hide his amusement.

He didn't actually want to know the story itself, he was just wondering how Lyndis would react to such a question. He quickly intervened before she would tell her story.

With a light chuckle, Kei said, "That's a joke, you don't actually have to tell me it, I figure that's something that's a bit... personal."

"Very well then," Kei continued, "How about about how you came about this life style? At first glance, many would say it doesn't match a girl such as yourself."

Condition: Alive

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:49 am

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis chuckled. Nope, he had asked, so she was going to tell. it wasn't like a storybook romance or anything, anyways. It was still kind of cute though (even if it had only resulted in a few temporary flings).
"well... not counting the time I was dared to make out with my cousin, which I did because there was 50 silvers riding on me to do it, it was with a guy I met in the Fire Nation Capitol. "he got me a cute set of earrings, and I think I pierced my belly button later that week." she lifted her tunic just enough to reveal a little red jewel hanging from a ring attached to her navel. a second later, she let it go back down to cover her midriff up again (and in Kei's defense, she had not even come close to revealing her breasts).

"what lifestyle?" she tilted her head curiously, "the mercenary life, or the free-spirited 'act-like-a-little-shit' life?" she cracked. "the mercenary life kind of just found me when I was strapped for cash. the carefree-little-shit life was something I adopted after deciding that it sounded like a good idea. Air is the element of freedom, after all." she smiled.
"so how 'bout you? those are some of my exploits... what are some of yours?"
Lyndis actually had many more stories she could tell, but she'd tell them when or if they came up, rather than rattle them all off.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 am

Kei

"Ahh..." Kei said awkwardly nodding along to First kiss story that Lyndis was sharing despite not needing too.

Kei was also a bit dissapointed at Lydis's story about how she came about her current lifestyle. It seemed as though she left out a lot of detail in her story. The way Lyndis had shared it, it sounded like his usual afternoons as he usually spent his time looking for cash or finding someway to entertain himself. As a result, Kei decided to tell her a wholly uninteresting story when Lyndis had asked for one.

Doing his best to hide his smug look with a poker face, Kei began to share his entirely uninteresting story.

"Very well then, I've got quite the tale for you." Kei said lying to Lyndis. "I was on my way back to my apartment from the farmers market when I encountered a stray dog. I got along suprisingly well with the dog and took a liking to it. As a result, I took the dog home that night. That night was a glorious night, perhaps one of the best I've ever had. I had learned what people meant by the phrase 'Man's Best Friend'."

Kei took a deep breath to add a not so dramatic effect.

"I awoke the following morning only to find that the friendship I thought I found was all a lie. It turns out that 'dog' was actually a little boy in a dog suit. He only got close to me so that he could eat all the food in my apartment, which he had successfully done."

With a clearly fake look of sadness in his eyes, Kei concluded, "I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't EVER trust a man in an animal suit."

Mood: Vengeful  

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:06 am

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis listened with curious skepticism at Kei's story, as silly and wacky as it was. She was frankly about this close to calling bullshit on it, no less. But, on the other hand, what would that accomplish? It brought her giggles, and so the story itself was harmless, and it wasn't like she was about to judge him for one crappy untrue story. Heck it might have been true anyways.

"fine, fine... I get the gist." she grunted, getting comfortable, "I'll tell you what happened. So oriignally I applied to become one of the Tekina-Kaze... the elite airbender warriors that defend the air temples. Well... that's where I got most of my training, and so I trained under them for a while, except I failed my "admittence exam", claiming I was too hostile and too violent."

she paused. "so I set out, and became a mercenary. here I am, admittedly doing odd jobs and random work... including protecting a cargo I didn't even know about... and now it's gone just like this ship... alas."
"But aye... that's my mercenary story in 4 sentences or less. what's yours?"

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 am

Kei

Kei sighed, "Well I usually don't like telling people this but you don't seem like someone who's easily intimidated so here is the truth. Back around the time of during The War  Of Tipped Scales, I worked as a Freelancer specializing in the assassinations of High ranking war officials of each of the 4 nations. I worked to bring peace by killing those who were leading the war. It took the death of someone very close to me to realize that this approach wasn't going to end conflicts, only further push them, and so I retired from the business."

Kei paused for a moment then continued, "Since I had no job, I needed to find some other way to make money, but I didn't want to join the army or work at some second-rate restaurant. As a result, I ended up working as a Jack Of All Trades because I figured all I would have to do is find lost pets or babysit for wealthy families. Unfortunately, I never do get the easy jobs like that and as a result I have to do harder ones like these."

Kei shook his head and sighed jokingly, "That is my tragedy."

Mood: Casual
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Crazy as Lyndis might have been, she listened rather attentively. his story was similar to hers, except her was more formal and organized about it, it seemed. She was no assassin, but she had definitely executed war criminals in her day. Heck, she had not even exactly given up that lifestyle--just that she ran into less criminals now than she used to.

"well, it seems you've done good then," she complimented, "well, sorta. I mean, shit happens to everyone, as we both surely know by now..." she glanced around, reminding herself that they were in the cabin of a wrecked airship, on some god-forsaken island somewhere in the middle of the ocean.
"speaking of which... do we have any idea how we're gonna get outta here?" she chuckled.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Kei

"Well to begin, I have no idea where we are." Kei said, "As we were crashing, I saw from above that this is an Island that we are currently on but that's all I know."

Kei looked up and began scanning the skies, "I'm sure that our clients will realize that the cargo hasn't reached it's destination within the next few days. When they do realize it, I have a feeling they will send out a search party. Other than sitting tight and waiting for that search party to come, I am at a lost on what to do."

Kei was good at waiting and was perfectly fine with this course of action despite how lazy it may have seemed.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 am

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis nodded. "well, that's a given. I mean, not like I know either... but it's still a given that we're hopelessly lost on some god-forsaken rock in the middle of the water. we're doomed unless I can build a glider and fly us out of here..."

she paused. "on the other hand, if they do send out a search party for us, we could maybe try and salvage what we could of the wreckage... maybe the cargo survived? The ship might be down, but it seems that there are some parts that might be intact. bonus points if they send and earthbender to help dig us out."

she was thinking rather optimistically, but also intelligently.
"or we could explore the island. No telling what's out there... but maybe we're not far from a mainland or something? maybe locals and a village? or nothing at all, and we can rule this island as we please." she laughed. "take your pick."
Mood: Strategizing
Condition: Rambling

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Kei

"Hmm," Kei said thoughtfully, "I don't actually mind the idea of ruling the island. Let's go for a walk and see what we can find."

So Kei began his trek around the island hoping Lyndis was following him. During their walk, it began to rain, but thankfully there was a cave nearby that they could take cover in. The cave was embedded in the side of small mountain and was dark inside. It was impossible to tell where the end of the cave was from the entrance.

Kei hurried into the  cold damp cave to  avoid the rain. The light from outside only illuminated a small portion of the cave and it was still very dark in the cave. Kei pulled out one of his hand flares and lit it, lighting the entire area with a red tint. It was now clear that the rear of the cave continued to go on further inside of the mountain and into the earth.

"You wanna see what's down there?" Kei asked Lyndis.

Mood: Casual
Condition: Alive but a little wet

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis slowly got to her feet and nodded. "well I ain't got any reason to stick around here, so I'm right behind ya." Kei could therefore take reassurance in knowing that Lyndis was in fact following him, rather than just trying to lead him out of the cabin. there was exploring to do.

she didn't mind the rain, and whistled as they walked, given that the airbender in her quite enjoyed music, and she could manipulate the air in her mouth to create quite a dashing little tune. luckily for Kei, who seemed to always be uncomfortable around beautiful women, Lyndis' slightly damp clothing did not stick to her otherwise rather curvy form, and so the looseness of said garments kept her figure concealed.

She follwed him into the cave to get out of the rain, and looked around once his flare illuminated the room.
"I'm game." she shrugged, "right behind you." she was no coward... but he had the light, so he needed to go first. If anything, she was more right beside him rather than behind him.
Condition: Damp

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:32 am

Kei

So with that, Kei and Lyndis began their journey traversing the cave. The passage got narrow very quickly and the two were forced to walk in a single file line. Kei wasn't claustrophobic, but after walking through the narrow passage way for about 45 minutes, he was beginning to get a bit terrified.

His fear was replaced with curiotsity when they had walked into a room. The room was small and plain besides the pool of water in the center of the room. The pool of water was glowing pink.

"What do you think this is?" Kei asked Lyndis.

He then joked, "Maybe we just found the fountain of youth, wanna test it?"

Mood: Excited
Condition: Healthy but a little wet

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 am

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis followed rather quietly, humming a little tune and capping her hip as she walked to give herself a beat. She was light on her feet, and enjoyed music. It was definitely an airbender thing. She was glad that she had water with her, for she was also somewhat thirsty... and this narrow walk in this tiny little mysterious cave was longer than she thought.

45 minutes in though, and she was completely unfazed. She might have cracked a joke or two to Kei to tell him to calm down, but otherwise, she simply hummed.
Of course, coming across a fountain of pink water might have been enough to spark Lyndis' curiosity, but no... there had to be more to it. "well... should we try it? I'm pretty much in the peak of my prime... so I'm youthful enough..." she closed her eyes, flipping her long brown hair rather sexily. "or do you want me to topuch th mysterious pink water first?"
Condition: Damp

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 am

Kei

"Well I guess you don't have to drink it straight off the bat, I guess sticking your hand is okay." Kei told Lyndis after thinking about it for a moment, "It's probably safer that way anyway."

"If you stick your hand in there and it starts to burn really bad, it probably isn't a good thing."

Kei then realized he might have been scaring Lyndis off from stick her hand in there which wasn't good, because Kei didn't like the idea of putting his own body parts in vats of mysterious liquids.

"I mean that's probably not the case," Kei quickly added in order to reassure Lyndis so she would stick her hand in the pink water, "I bet it's a pool of healing or something."

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Like a certain lion from the Pridelands, Lyndis laughed in the face of danger. It was unlikely that she'd live to be very old because of this crazy, risk-taking life of hers, but she enjoyed almost every minute of it, so it was hard to argue with her results.

"Well... I guess we'll never know if one of us doesn't try... so here goes nothing..."
Lyndis stuck her hand into the pool, and for a moment, seemed frozen. her eyes lit up, and she gasped a second, before she was suddenly pulled right into the pool and vanished.
Unbeknownst to either of them... Lyndis had just entered the spirit world.
Condition: Gone?!

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 am

Kei

Lyndis touched the water and suddenly disapeared. That's great, now Kei was alone on this island. He had no idea what happened to Lyndis and wasn't sure if he wanted to try and figure out for himself.

He decided he would let fate decide. Kei took a coin and flipped it, if it landed on heads, he would touch the pool of the water to learn what happened to Lyndis. If it landed on tails, he would turn around and take the safe path, not touching the water and not learning what happened to Lyndis.

Kei shook his head and sighed. The coin landed on heads. Before he started worrying too much about what would happen, Kei just stuck his hand in the water, letting the same fate that befell Lyndis fall upon him.

Mood: Worried

[OOC: Did you want to start a new thread like you suggested earlier?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded [Closed]   Grounded [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grounded [Closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2