The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To find a Tinkerer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrad
Cyrad

EXP : 3355
Birthday : 1993-08-12

Character Description
Position: Smith, Merc, Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

To find a Tinkerer  Empty
PostSubject: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Surprisingly work wasn't what was taking Cyrad back to the Fire Nation, he had no people to protect or kill, this trip was to find an engineer.  With him was Kei, a firebender who Cyrad was starting to consider a pretty close friend.  Kei was part of a group Cyrad had formed whose goal was to build a prosperous city the the Si Wong desert.  Kei had told Cyrad that he knew of a girl in the Fire Nation capital that was a pretty good engineer so the two of them were on their way to the city to see if they could convince her to join their mad quest.

The boat the two of them was on had several other passengers but they had been left alone most of the trip which suited Cyrad pretty well.  He didn't like boat rides that much mostly because of the lack of earth so when he finally saw the harbor Cyrad was twice as excited as he should have been.

"So Kei, you know how to get to her shop or are we going to have to ask for directions?"  Cyrad had to distract himself with conversation, looking at the land slowly creep towards them was making him rather anxious to finally rejoin the land and the more he wanted it the slower time seemed to pass.

Finally the two of them made landfall, gathered up their stuff and started off.  "So how'd you meet this girl, it has something to do with weapons I'm guessing right?"  Cyrad knew Kei had a crazy wire device that helped him get around, and those light grenades.  He was actually one of the more techonosavvy fighters Cyrad had ever seen, very different from himself who relied only on martial weapons and his earthbending.  It's actually one of the reasons Cyrad asked Kei to come along, he didn't trust himself to be able to properly explain what they were going to need of this engineer.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Kei

Kei was accompanying Cyrad on the quest to find a certain engineer. Kei had met this engineer before when had the MULDMAL constructed so that's why Cyrad had asked Kei to go with him. They wanted to build a mechanical pump for their future city and Kei was confident that this engineer could do it.

"Don't worry," Kei assured Cyrad, "I can assure you my navigation skills are top notch, I won't need directions."

On their way too the Fire Fountain City, Cyrad had asked Kei how he met the girl.
Kei replied, "I was trying to simply get some Flash-Bangs made, but somehow that got carried away and she ended up making this for me instead."
Kei took the MULDMAL out of its holster and showed it to Cyrad (Description In equipment list in my character sheet).
"This is basically a six shot grenade launcher," Kei told Cyrad, "It can fire different ammunition types making it useful in many different situations.

Upon arriving at the Fire Fountain City, Kei actually got lost as they were looking for the Toys Of The West. Kei didn't tell Cyrad that he got lost hoping that the Earth Bender wouldn't notice. Thanks to sheer luck, Kei and Cyrad happened to just walk in front of the store.

Kei tried to play it off as if they never got lost.
"Well, we are here, Toys Of The West. Come on, lets go inside and see if the engineer is here today."

Kei walked through the front door of Toys Of The West and called out, "Hello?!"

Mood: Casual
Condition: Healthy but a little Tired

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

EXP : 12380

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Minali Otoyome

When the front door of the toy shop had opened, setting off a pair of tiny mechanical birds that began chirping (as a sort of alarm), Minali had been at the front counter, fiddling with a bit of repair work. Looking up from the minor project, the engineer smiled and waved, greeting both of the customers, "Welcome t'Toys've th'West - Oh, s'th'dolphin guy!" Yes, she had remembered.

Tilting her head to the side, her brows knit together in confusion. "Did'ya need more rounds a'ready? Doesn't seem like s'been very long since Ah gave ya th'MULDMAL..." She asked, though it's not like Minali knew what Kei had been doing with it.

She didn't recognize the man that had followed the first into the store, either. Therefore it could only be assumed that they had a project for her - or at least that the newcomer did. Minali stood up from her seat, brushing her palms off on her shorts, "Ah see y'brought a friend this time, though. Nice t'meetcha; Ah'm Minali. Ah run this place."

Mood: Interested
Condition: Working

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:13 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet was relaxing in the back, making a sketch of some conceptual designs he and Minali had worked on while his sweetheart tended to the shop. He heard some customers come in at one point or another, but figured that when (or if) it came down to business, Mina would call for him to help finalize it or something.

The two of them had a lot that they did together. While Akhet's specialties were different from Minali's, he had definitely contributed to a lot of it. He was good with his hands, and had built up and/or renovated parts of the store and the house in the back of the building where they lived. He was also responsible for sketching some of the blueprints since he was precise. Minali had experience in this regard too of course though, but she was better at the actual inventing process and figuring how to put it all together. Akhet, when involved, usually just followed the blueprints they designed and built it after Mina told him what went where.

Anyways, his ears perked when he heard the conversation begin, but was otherwise calm and mellowly sketching his design some more. Minali knew where he was, and so knew where to call him if she needed.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Sketching
Link:Akhet

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 am

As they walked over Kei told Cyrad about how he met this engineer and how she built him a device that would fire out different types of exploding projectiles. They traveled around the city for a decent amount of time, Cyrad didn't have the best geographical skills so he didn't notice that Kei was lost at some point, but in the end the two of the arrived.

"Well, we are here, Toys Of The West. Come on, lets go inside and see if the engineer is here today." Kei stepped through the door and called inside. "Hello?!"

A young lady was sitting behind the counter fiddling with something in her hands. When a chirping bird went off as they stepped through the door she looked up and addressed Kei as "dolphin guy" which surprised Cyrad into a chuckle. She asked him if he needed more ammo for something that Cyrad guessed was the name of the gun she made for Kei. When she saw Cyrad follow Kei through the door she stood up and brushed her hands off on her pants, remarking.

"Ah see y'brought a friend this time, though. Nice t'meetcha; Ah'm Minali. Ah run this place."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Minali," Cyrad said as he walked forward and went to shake her hand. "My name's Cyrad. Kei here seems to have good faith in your engineering skills so he said we should come to you with our problem, do you think we can talk about hiring you for a project?" Cyrad tried to sound as polite as he could, he wasn't sure if she would accept his proposal but the Fire Nation was the most technologically advanced of the nations he thought so if she wouldn't he was sure he could find someone who would be willing to.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 am

Kei

Kei frowned at "Dolphin Guy". He hoped the woman wasn't making fun his fashion choice. He didn't take to kindly to that.

Kei also noted that there was a proper introduction between him and the woman finally, so Kei had finally learned that the woman's name was Minali.

After saying hi, Kei didn't say much else and let Cyrad do most of the talking for now.

Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Minali Otoyome

"Oh! Yer name's Kei?" Mina asked, turning to look at her previous customer, before answering the new man's questions, "Ah never asked before, so Ah wasn't sure what else t'call ya. Can Ah call ya Kei, now that Ah know?" She had meant no offense by calling him "dolphin guy", but that was the most distinguishing characteristic from his previous visits, so...

Then, turning to Cyrad, she brightened, "Ah guess that depends on whatcha need?" Mina gestured to the various toys and gizmos around the room, "Ah'm assumin' y'don't need stuff like this, but Ah'm good at makin' other things, too. In fact, Ah made Jill - m'sure Kei showed ya?" She spoke of the MULDMAL by its nickname (or part of it), so Cyrad and Kei might not understand what she meant, at first.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 am

"Ah guess that depends on whatcha need?  Ah'm assumin' y'don't need stuff like this, but Ah'm good at makin' other things, too. In fact, Ah made Jill - m'sure Kei showed ya?"  Cyrad wasn't sure who Jill was and didn't really know why Kei had this engineer build him a robogirl, or at least didn't want to know why, but he had seen the gun she had made which looked fancy enough to inspire confidence.

"Umm...He didn't show me Jill but he did show me his MUDFALL," Cyrad didn't stumble over the word at all so they would hopefully see the honesty in her mistake. "And that made it seem like you have some skill."  Cyrad took a seat and heard Minali's response, if she called him out on his mistake he would apologize.  "So anyway, why we're here.  Me and a few of my compatriots are setting out to build a city in the Si Wong desert and of course the top priority would be water.  We've thought of wells but there's no way we could bring enough up from low enough to sustain any sizable population so we decided on looking for an engineer that could help us with the problem.  Now I don't really know machines, I'm more of a bang on something til it works for me. I think it was Kei who was saying we, and by that I suppose I mean you, could make something to pull the water up for us and I have an idea or two to toss around as well."  There was some humor there but Cyrad was very poor with deliveries. "So we were wondering if that's a challenge your up to or really if something like it is even possible?"  Cyrad was looking at Minali intently now.  Though his true desire if for Minali to agree to come with him but he wouldn't be upset if he was sent away only with the knowledge that such a feat was possible but just out of her technical reach.
Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

Minali Otoyome

MUDFALL? That made Mina's smile quirk slightly, both in humor and in slight offense to her invention's (ridiculously difficult) name being misspoken. She didn't bother correcting him, however, as she'd learned that she was the only one who really cared about such things. "Th' MULD-MAL is Jill - Ah call 'er th' Jill of all Trades, fer short. Ah try t'give 'em all nicknames, so folks won't git confused over th'full names."

With that, however, she listened to Cyrad explain what they wanted this time, and her brows knit in thought. As fate would have it, she and Akhet had recently been working on something similar, though with cranks. Mina didn't think that they'd have someone to crank the pump at hour-long intervals all day. Maybe something to keep the water going... maybe the water itself?

As she was no expert on water, Mina held up a finger, wordlessly asking for a moment, before turning and walking toward the door that lead into her home. "Akhet..?" She called, leaning through the doorway without stepping through it, "Y'got a minute?" This was more up his alley - or, at least, he was good with this sort of thing and Mina valued his input.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet was otherwise still fairly calm and quiet whilst the conversation continued, and it amused him to know that they were talking about a device that they had only recently invented. sure there were a few kinks to iron out or whatnot, but otherwise, it was a working contraption, and one that they could surely both expand on and capitalize on. Yeah... money was kind of important for Akhet in this situation, because there was a lot of time and effort put into these kinds of things.

Ah, but Minali's sweet voice was a song to his ears. He smiled as he saw her poke her head into the house, and he got up, his sketchbook still in hand.
"Aye, I'm here." he nodded. "I heard a bit of the conversation, but not all of it. What can I getcha?" he was already kind of following her back out into the store to see who these people were, and more importantly, what they wanted. He therefore asked them the same question.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Sketching

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm

"Th' MULD-MAL is Jill - Ah call 'er th' Jill of all Trades, fer short. Ah try t'give 'em all nicknames, so folks won't git confused over th'full names." Minali explained to Cyrad, who enjoyed the way it coincided with the way Kei refereed to himself as a jack of all trades.

Shortly after saying that she listened to Cyrad explain roughly what they needed and watched as the engineers face scrunched up in the way that smart people's often do when they fall into thought.  She signed for him to wait a moment and walked to a doorway, which she then called into.  Akhet..?  Y'got a minute?"

A man followed Minali out from the doorway and he's skin identified him as a waterbender, but the look and aura emanating from the duo told Cyrad that they were most likely lovers.  He carried a sketchbook in his hand and when he got to Cyrad and Kei he asked what he could do for them.  Cyrad explained to him also about their plan to build a settlement inside the Si Wong desert and how they were facing the hurdle of supplying water for any long term survival there.

"So Kei told me to head to,"  Cyrad paused not knowing what word to use for the two engineers relationship so instead chose her name. "Minali and see if she could do anything about it.  Now I understand that this isn't an easy feat, and I fear that we might need to borrow your presence for a bit of time while you set it up but we do have finances to pay for both your time and your skills."  Cyrad felt like there was a good chance this might move forward, mainly because Minali didn't throw them out and instead got another person.  A thought though also crept in the back of his head saying she just might be bad at turning people away.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 am

Kei

Kei had completely zoned out from the conversation between Minali, Akhet, and Cyrad. This was because he was once again caught under the trance of the many strange and unique gadgets inside the Toys Of The West.

Kei caught and stopped himself from daydreaming about the possibilities at what everything in the shop did and returned to the conversation between Minali, Cyrad, and Akhet hoping he didn't miss anything important.

Luckily, Cyrad was asking if Minali was willing to come back with them to the site of the future city to build a well. As a result, Kei was easily able to jump in without making it too noticeable he wasn't mentally with everyone for the past several minutes.

Kei added onto what Cyrad had said, "That's right, we currently have a few wealthy backers, so funding isn't a problem at the moment. Usually I wouldn't want to ask you to come all the out to the Earth Nation, but the well has to be decently large in order to support a large city in the middle of the desert, so building it here and trying to ship it all the way out there is out of the question. I feel as though building it at the site is the only way this would work."

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 am

Minali Otoyome

Going to the Earth Kingdom... that seemed to be the most problematic part of the commission, at least in Mina's opinion (and she wasn't even thinking about all the logistics behind it). They'd have to close the store for who knew how long, and pack up all of their things, and find a place to live out in the middle of the desert. She was thinking that they already had a town started; which was definitely not the case.

Rather than say any of this aloud, Mina glanced at Akhet, who stood next to her in the room. She wanted to know what he thought of the project overall, as well as this new information regarding travel. While not completely against it right off the bat, herself, she would also have wanted Akhet to go with her - which made this his decision as well (though it would have been no matter what).

Last edited by Minali on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet found himself in something of a quandry at the moment. the commission itself seemed fine, but they'd literally have to travel across the world. He was fairly certain that the Si Wong desert was on the opposite side of the globe from their current locale.
"I don't mind the idea of building this thing, obviously..." he turned to Cyrad, "although I guess it also depends on what kind of settlement or city do you have going out there? is there already a little village built up, or would we all be in tents or something till this thing took shape?"

"Admittedly," he didn't want to sound like the wet blanket here, "if there's less development at that point, I'd have to say it would be problematic for us, especially since we're sort of in the process of building a home and a family ourselves." it wasn't exactly clear from just glancing at the couple as they stood in the toy shop, but Akhet's words were true. he wasn't entirely sure if Mina was pregnant yet or not, but if she was, then he definitely did not want her traversing half the world and having to sleep in a tent.
Mood: Concerned
Condition: Calm

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 pm

"Admittedly, if there's less development at that point, I'd have to say it would be problematic for us, especially since we're sort of in the process of building a home and a family ourselves."Akhet said, and Cyrad couldn't blame him. If they were at that point in their life it would be a tough decision to uproot and move so far just for a job.

"I'll be honest with you, currently the city is just a few huts built on a foundation on the edge of an oasis. But don't let that disuade you for it won't take long for us to build a pretty decent settlement and we won't need your services right away. Perhaps you would be willing to travel to Ba Sing Se with us and while myself, Kei and others go about laying the ground works of the town you can stay, rent free of course, at my apartment in the city." Cyrad really hoped that they would at least consider his proposal because he was sure the very concept would scare other engineers away and these two merely feared the lack of luxury, admittedly reasonably so. Cyrad wasn't sure if Kei had anything to add but he had knocked that ball back into the couples court.
Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Minali Tallarico

More than anything else, it was the mention of going to Ba Sing Se that gave Mina pause. Sure, she'd been there before (and even had family there, though she didn't know them very well), but that would mean closing down the shop and transporting all of her tools and equipment... Unless they simply got these 'benefactors' to finance new materials in the Earth Kingdom.

Still, the idea of building such a huge, mechanically advanced pump was something that she would love to do - especially before her engineering career was put on hold in the foreseeable future.

Looking back to Akhet, she decided to voice her opinion on the whole matter. "Ah'd like t'build somethin' huge like this," was the first thing she said, "But... Ah'm not sure about th'other bits. Leavin' the shop closed fer so long would be hard, an' Ah'd have'ta either transport all our tools an' supplies, or we'd have'ta buy all new stuff in Ba Sing Se."

Mood: Apprehensive

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 pm

"You wouldn't have to worry about transporting your supplies because everything you will need to build the device you will be provided, tools included for after you are done we will still need to own them in case of repairs." Cyrad paused for a moment and tried to see how they were feeling about the offer, he honestly though he had about a 50-50 chance of getting them to join. "As for what you would do with your shop I'm sorry but I don't have any way to persuade you aside from the pay I'd offer for the job itself." Cyrad suited in his seat and glanced over at Kei to see if he had anything to add.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 am

Kei

Kei stood aside Cyrad nodding along to what he was telling Minali and Akhet. He didn't have much to add to what Cyrad had just said, but he added a somewhat humorous comment to lighten the mood.

"I'd offer to watch over the Toys Of The West myself, but I wouldn't trust myself with such task so you probably wouldn't either."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To find a Tinkerer    To find a Tinkerer  Empty

Back to top Go down

To find a Tinkerer
Page 1 of 1