The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Determining One's Values

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Determining One's Values Empty
PostSubject: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Kei

Kei was on his way located to a village located outside of Shu Jing because they him a job. Kei got this job when a man from this village came all the way to the Fire Nation Capital to Kei’s apartment over Aldo Ching’s Ramen Restaurant. He came to offer Kei a job. The job simply consists of eliminating a bandit who has been stealing the crops from the village. No one from the village could fight this bandit and as a result, they have been forced to submit to him. Fire Nation Police were not willing to go that far out of the city to stop a single bandit and the village couldn’t afford an actual mercenary which was the reason why they came to Kei. They wanted Kei to stick around the village for the bit until the bandit came back and they wanted him to defeat the bandit.

Admittedly it was very low pay  for a job like this, but truth was that was the only job he has gotten all week and had no choice but to accept it despite how far it was. Kei only went on the condition that the food was free.

Upon arriving at the village, it was clear to him why the pay was so low. Nearly most of the buildings in the village were falling apart. He noticed it wasn’t because someone destroyed them, but rather years of weathering and clearly no upkeep on them. The villagers themselves were in no better condition and half of them simply wore rags. Unfortunately, the food was just as bad as well.

Kei and a notable amount of other villagers were all inside the dining hall enjoying a large hearty meal (Or at least that’s what they said, it was small by Kei’s standard and he was not enjoying it). At the end of one table Kei sat next to an elderly man. This man was the village elder and served his best as the leader of these people. Everyone at the table was happy except Kei, who
was having trouble eating their food.

“Thank you so much for accepting our request!”, The village elder happily exclaimed, “I haven’t seen everyone this happy in years! You’ve given us a sense of hope!”
“No problem…”, Kei quietly said not bothering to hide his unhappiness. The walk here was long and left him hungry but the food looked so awful he wouldn’t have been surprised if it got up and started strangling him.
“Rice wine?” The Village Elder offered.
“No thank you.” Kei feebly said, it smelled like shit.
The Village Elder held his cup up and pointed to Kei, “I’d like to make a toast to this man here by my for promising to kill the man who has been giving us much hardship!”

The other villagers began cheering and celebrating loudly.
“Wait a second,” Kei began to ask, his voice barely audible to the village elder because of the cheering, “I thought that this Bandit has only been stealing crops, isn’t killing him a bit far?”
“Nonsense!” The happy elder loudly exclaimed, “Any evil should face the full fury of justice right?”

Kei was about to question the elder on his logic when a woman burst through the door of the dining hall.
“It’s him!” She shouted in fear, “Umar Toman has come once again to steal our crops!”

Mood: Unhappy
Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

EXP : 585

Character Description
Position: Run-Away

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Alyza had been traveling for days on end with no food, at least she still had enough water, barely. Even Evelyn was exhausted, her head hanging low and her gait weak and slow. Alyza laid across the Elk's back on her stomach, feebly holding the reins. Her tummy grumbled loudly. Luckily, Lyn just ate the grass so her tummy was full. But she was just as exhausted as Alyza was. She hadn't had time to go hunting for herself, and the few edible plants she's been able to identify and eat weren't enough to keep her healthy.

Hair messy, scrapes covering her face and clothing slightly tattered, the two travelers shuffled to the outskirts of this run down town. She managed to sit up straight just as they entered the village, looking around observantly. Barely anyone gave her more than half a glance. She cocked an eyebrow curiously, wondering what was wrong with everyone here. Normally her Red Elk caught quite a bit of attention, but not here. How odd she thought wonderingly, then her stomach growled again and she winced, focusing on food again.

Carefully she slipped from Evelyn's back and landed awkwardly on her feet, stumbling to regain her balance. Lyn scratched at the ground with her hoof, snorting and taking a couple steps to the side. Alyza stood up and ran a hand through her hair, then grabbed Lyn's reins. She led her to the outside of a building she believed to be a restaraunt or some kind of dining hall. Lyza tied Lyn's reins to a wooden pole, petting the side of her face lovingly.

"I'll be right back Lyn" she smiled, walking into the building. She looked around inside, the dining hall seemed as run down as broken as the rest of the town, an probably wouldn't have very good food. But at this point Alyza didn't care, she just wanted something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Kei

The name Umar Toman was familiar to Kei, but he couldn’t quite pin where he knew it from. At this time, the rest of the villagers were panicking as they didn’t expect the bandit to return so soon. Kei remained sitting there in his seat thinking quietly to himself in the midst of this chaos. Then it struck him.

Back in the Fire Nation Capital, Kei remembered listening in on a conversation between a couple of soldiers. They were talking about a captain in the army who was charged with treason for killing captured prisoners. In order to escape punishment, the captain deserted the army. The captain’s name was indeed Umar Toman.

Kei turned to the village elder a bit mad that this information was kept from him. “Why didn’t you mention that the bandit was Umar Toman?”
“We told the Fire Nation soldiers,” The village elder weakly began, “but they decided it wasn’t worth coming this far out to stop a single individual from stealing in a village that hardly exists. When we decided to hire a someone, we decided to keep Umar’s name a secret so we wouldn’t have to offer as much money for the job.”

Kei sighed and shook his head. These people were hopeless. To expect that any normal mercenary is strong enough to beat Umar was stupid.
I guess I better go stop him Kei thought to himself.

Kei began to get up when the dining hall doors opened. The entire hall was suddenly quiet and everybody had frozen. At the door there was a teenage girl with violet eyes and an red elk. He didn’t doubt that she could easily force the villagers to submit to her (These villagers were really hopeless after all), but he didn’t feel an evil aura coming from her.

Kei was dumbfounded for a second and turned to the village elder breaking the silence in the room and simply asked, “That’s Umar Toman?"

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Alyza blinked, her eyes remaining half open as she looked around. Everyone seemed to have stopped whatever they were doing and were staring at her, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She reached up and scratched her head, dirt poofing from her mass of unclean hair. She squinted at the people, her ear twitching when she heard someone speak.

"That's Umar Toman?" Alyza tilted her head to the side, slowly becoming even more confused. There was a small scratch under her eye, and another running along her chin. The backs of her hands were covered in small scrapes she'd earned from travelling through an uncut forest. Evelyn looked inside from where she stood curiously.

"Who's Umar Toman?" Alyza asked in a quiet voice. She was about to say something more, but instead broke into a fit of coughing, even doubling over as she tried to get it to stop. How undignified She told herself, shaking her head and standing up straight again.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Kei

Kei could see the girl was just as confused as he was when she walked. The girl had asked who Umar was then started coughing. At first, no one interrupted the coughing and the noise echoed alone through the hall.

“Liz you idiot!” The village elder broke out over the coughing, pointing to the woman who had warned of Umar’s coming. “How did you mistake this girl for Umar?!”
Liz was embarrassed and avoided eye contact with the elder, “She… She was really far away… All I knew was a stranger was approaching from the village… I feared for the worst…”

At that point, half of the villagers sighed, relieved it was not Umar. The rest were busy getting mad at Liz. All of them however, had forgotten the girl was standing there. Kei had gotten up and began approaching the girl. It appeared she was not from this village and was instead a traveler. Since she was not from here, Kei had hope that this girl could save him from his misery.

Villagers become quite as Kei stood in front of the girl, curious to what he was about to do. Standing in front of the girl, he placed both of his palms together in front of his face and begged, “Please tell me you have some food you’re willing to give away,” He pointed at the table behind him, “I can’t eat that crap.” Kei then faced another villager (He appeared to be the cook due to his appearance) who looked enraged at his comment and simply said, “I meant no offence of course.” He returned facing the girl afterwards awaiting her response.

[OOC: I made in my last post thinking that both you and the elk walked in the dining hall, I’ll fix it.]

Mood: Confused

Last edited by Kei on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 pm

((That's okay I've made such mistakes too ^.^))

Alyza's face went from desperate to incredibly annoyed. Her eyes narrowed and she gave the man a steely glare, ignoring the happenings of someone shouting at someone else. Lyza leaned to one side and rested a hand on her hip, a deep frown tugging at her lips.

"Do I look like I've eaten anything recently?" She asked scathingly, looking the man up and down in a judging manner. She sneered angrily at him, her violet eyes squinting. "And if you're not going to eat that food that's been prepared for you, I'll gladly take it as I'm hungry enough to eat anything edible." On any other day, she would have eaten already, something delicious and hearty. Though, even in a good mood, she would still be stubborn enough to say no. She didn't care much for the health of others, as long as she and Lyn were fine.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Kei

Kei sighed again, He had a feeling the girl would say no. She looked very worn and tired from travel.
“Suit yourself.” Kei said and stepped away from in front of the girl, offering the food behind him.
“Wait a second,” The village elder spoke up before the girl took a step, “I would like to strike a deal with you. You seem like you could handle yourself pretty well,” he pointed at Kei, “and honestly I’m starting to lose a bit of faith in that man.”
“Help defend our village from Umar alongside that man,” Said the Village Elder pointing at Kei again, “and we’ll feed you as much as food you want.”

Kei was worried, sure the girl looked as if she could hold her own in the wilderness, but Umar was an entirely different level of difficulty. Kei would feel a bit guilty should harm become of her. Plus he was worried his small reward for the job would become even smaller.
Kei warned the girl, “Umar is an ex-captain of the Fire Nation army. Although he is only a bandit right now stealing crops from a nameless village like this (He meant every offence this time), his strength should still be feared.”

[OOC: I’m going to be out all day today so I won’t be able to reply until much later]

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:48 pm

((That's okay, as you can see, I'm not very good at replying quickly to posts anyways. Plus I can't post during weekdays until about 5:30. Hopefully this'll end this week...sorry >.<))

"Ooh thanks!" Alyza grinned widely, starting towards the food the strange man had offered her. You can imagine how annoyed she was when the elder stopped her. An angry look soon consumed her face, darkening her eyes as her brows furrowed. Her lip even lifted up in the beginnings of a snarl, though no sound came out.

"Look old man, I don't accept mercenary work unless I'm at my best. Though in this case it doesn't matter. I don't like to put myself in too much danger, which would include fighting an ex-captain of the Fire Nation army. I'd rather not die, thanks." Alyza sneered, brushing past the elder, giving Kei a look that said 'Thanks but I don't care anyways,' and rushing towards the food.

She plopped down and began to chow down. The horrible taste didn't bother her, she was too hungry to mind. Through a mouthful of half-chewed food, she said over her shoulder, "Beshidesh, ah dorn't need a deal wif shome random town jusht sho I can eat." She stopped for a moment, swallowed, then spoke again, "I can hunt just fine when I'm not starving to death."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:30 am

Kei

The girl entirely ignored the Village Elder and Kei ran straight for the food and immediately began chugging down as much as she could. Kei was legitimately impressed with her eating speed. Nobody moved for about ten seconds watching this girl as she began to consume everything at the table.

“Hey!” The village elder called, “Your eating all of our food you freeloader! Someone, stop her!”
None of the other villagers were taking a step toward Alyza because they were afraid she might attack them and Kei didn’t bother stepping in until he was offered pay.

Suddenly, a loud and thunderous voice could be heard outside, echoing throughout the village. “I’M BACK ALL OF YOU PETTY VILLAGERS! GIVE UP YOUR PAYMENT NOW OR I WILL START BURNING YOUR DIRTHOLE OF A VILLAGE TO THE GROUND!”

Everybody in the village froze. They all knew who it was. Umar Toman had finally come.
“Daddy,” a small girl cried at her father’s leg, “The bad man ish here…”
All of the Villagers stood there silent, simply looking at Kei. Kei did a couple of arm stretches and turned toward the villagers and Alyza. Kei spoke with a voice and a attitude more serious than previously.
“Stay inside everyone, in a few minutes, it will be dangerous for anyone outside the building (The Elk is outside but no one knows that save Alyza). Wait until I finish this.”

With that, Kei exited the dining hall.

Mood: Serious

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Alyza looked up from her meal, a piece of stale bread could still be seen partly out of her mouth. She paused for a moment to chew and swallow, once again ignoring the elder. She hadn't meant to eat all the food, but it didn't matter she could pay them back by hunting down some meat for them anyways. Once she'd finished the piece in her mouth, she stood.

"Dangerous for anyone outside the building? Evelyn's out there, and I don't think anyone would like her inside..." She mumbled to herself. She then turned to the village elder and bowed, "Thanks for the food, I promise I'll pay you back. I just have something to take care of first." She flashed them a smile, less cranky since she had a full stomach now. She smirked and sauntered out of the building just after Kei. She strolled out casually, barely even casting a glance at Umar.

She walked to her Red Elk, patting the creature on the nose. She rested her head against Lyn's neck and stroked her fur for a moment, whispering to the elk. "I'm going to need you to leave for a bit okay? I just have to take care of something, so I can pay these villagers back for the food I took. Go graze for a bit okay?" She smiled, pulling Lyn's bridle off and dropping it on the floor outside of the dining hall. She then turned towards Kei.

"I know I said that I wouldn't help, but that ass interrupted my meal so he must pay for that." She grinned widely, and confidently, at the man. "Name's Alyza, by the way." She added, offering Kei her hand in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Kei

Kei didn’t want to girl to become involved, but it was too late now and whether he liked it or not, she was in the fight.
“My name is Kei,” Kei said as he introduced himself to Alyza, “When this battle starts, keep your distance and dodge all of his flames. If you feel you can provide support from a distance, I would appreciate it.”

Kei turned away from Alyza and approached Umar but still kept a decent amount of distance between them. Umar was a big man and stood at nearly 7 feet. He was buff and wore a set of light leather armor. In his right hand, he held a massive lance.

“I suppose I couldn’t convince you to surrender and leave this village in peace?” Kei asked Umar, hoping that one day a fight could actually be stopped like this. It didn’t work of course.
Umar threatened, “I suggest you move before I beat you to a pulp”
Kei didn’t respond to Umar but simply turned his head to Alyza and said, “Get ready.”

Kei began moving forward with a blinding speed. There was little cover that he and Alyza could use to avoid Umar’s flames, so he decided to make up for it in speed. Umar sent the first columm of flame toward Kei, but Kei easily sidestepped it. Kei closed the distance between him and Umar in that short time and Umar attempted to stab Kei with his lance. Using his dagger Kei pushed the lance to the side and reached out with empty hand toward Umar’s face. If he could grab Umar, Kei would have been able to end the fight immediately with his lightning affinity.

To Kei’s surprise, Umar had released a Flame Breath from his mouth at Kei who was at point blank range. In order to avoid getting burned by his flame breath, Kei had to pull back his hand before it had reached Umars face and rolled behind Umar away from the Flame breath.

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Alyza burst into cocky laughter when Kei told her to stay out of the way. As if she was weak-minded enough to do that! The very idea was simply hilarious. Once Lyza made up her mind, few things could change it. A man warning her away from fire certainly was not one of those things.

Wearing a wide, conceited grin, Alyza watched Kei's short exchange with Umar. The concept of believing in the negotiation with villains made no sense. That and Lyza preferred action above talking. When Umar attacked, Lyza ran across to the building behind Umar and scaled it with ease. She jumped up and grabbed onto a low ledge covering the entrance with shade, flipping herself up onto the flat, wooden canopy.

She climbed quickly up to the top of the building and stared down at the two men fighting. She dropped into a crouch, staying on the tips of her toes. She looked much like a bird about to take flight, which she seemed to be about to do. Still smirking like a mad woman, she leaped off the building and landed on Umar's back, just after he almost killed Kei. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, attempting to cut off the flow of oxygen.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Kei

Alyza had provided support, but definitely not in the means Kei had originally meant. After Kei had rolled behind the ex-captain to avoid the Flame Breath, Alyza had jumped onto Umar and began choking him out. The Alyza’s grab had caught Umar off guard, but it wasn’t enough to take him off his feet. Kei saw Umar reach for a knife on his belt and moved it toward Alyza in order to get her off.

Although Alyza had Umar well immobilized giving Kei a perfect chance to use his Lightning Affinity on Umar, Kei couldn’t. The electricity would only conduct from Umar into Alyza causing the both of them to be hurt. Kei however had to remove Alyza from Umar’s back before she got stabbed. Kei had quickly gotten back up on his feet and put a powerful kick directly into Umar’s back knocking him off of his feet. He had hoped the force of the kick would be enough to make Alyza fall off of Umar.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Alyza, still grinning, had noticed Umar moving a knife towards her. She was about to take care of the situation herself, when Kei shot a kick into Umar's back, causing him to fall over with her landing on top of him. At this moment, she placed her right hand in the center of his back and applied light pressure. That is, until her hand started to heat up.

The girl cackled maniacally as she was sent upwards in the air by the force of her fire. She carefully aimed so she would land ontop of another building, then jumped down from it. Landing lightly on her feet like a cat, she padded back to wear Kei was. Then she saw Umar getting up, a formidable hole in the back of his shirt/armor(?) along with a small burn on his back. Alyza glanced at Kei, wondering if he had a plan. Her random acting and completely naive attack hadn't amounted to much. Though, she thought it had been pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Kei

So she is a Fire Bender afterall, Kei thought after seeing her display of abilities. Alyza had done damage to Umar’s back, but Kei knew it wouldn’t enough to take him down. Alyza stood beside Kei as Umar made his way back onto his feet. He looked madder than ever.

Kei sighed, Fire Benders can use their passion and anger to fuel the strength of their flames. Umar getting angrier would only make him tougher. The exchange Kei had with Umar less than a minute ago showed that Umar’s Fire Breath would be a pain to get past. Kei decided he would try something else. He grabbed a couple of Shurikens from a pouch on his thigh and held them in his left hand. Kei turned around to Alyza and gave her a small nod that said, “I’m about to do something.”

Before Kei did anything however, Umar gave a battle cry and rapidly punched the air in front of him. Each punch launched a Fire Ball in the direction of Kei and Alyza. Within seconds, Umar had sent a little over ten Fire Balls in the direction of Kei and Alyza.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Alyza's expression deepened into an angry frown and creased eyebrows. She watched with annoyance as Umar started shooting Fire punches at them. She reflexively raised her arms up to cover her face as she sidestepped swiftly away.

Unfortunately, she wasn't quite fast enough. One of Umar's attacks hit her right in the left knee, and the other in the right arm. She clenched her teeth and held back a screech of pain, stumbling backwards a bit. She seemed to have just gained back her strength from starvation, and now she had two most likely third degree burns. Well this day was going well.

Of course, Lyza really should have expected this. But her idiotic confidence in herself was eventually going to get her into some shit, so, guess what that shit was? You guessed it! She got burned. Literally. But that wasn't going to stop her, for long. She stood weakly one on foot, her left leg lifted off the ground, holding her right arm with the left. Still wincing, she hopped backwards a bit.

"I gotta take a sec," She mumbled, flinching. She pressed her hand against the wound on her arm painfully.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 am

Kei

When Umar launched the Fire balls toward Kei and Alyza, Kei was on the move again. Kei began running in a wide arc around Umar. Umar had to turn his body in order to keep Kei directly in front of him and kept launching Fireballs toward Kei, but the Kei was moving too quickly to remain in the Umar's path of attack and get hit by the Fire Balls.

From the corner of his eyes, Kei saw that Alyza got hit by a couple of the Fire Balls. She seemed like she was injured, but it didn't seem to threaten her life, so Kei continued on his path around Umar.

Kei had suddenly stopped which had caught Umar off guard as the ex-captain kept turning his body and was no longer directly facing Kei. Kei began sprinting straight toward Umar even though there was a Fireball headed directly toward him. Kei threw the two Shurikens he had drawn earlier directly at the Fire Ball, dissipating the Flames making most of its heat and power quickly disappear. Kei didn’t worry about running straight through what flames were left of the fire ball, his speed and protective apparel would protect him from the heat. To Umar, it appeared as though Kei had ran straight through the Fire Ball.

Umar was not ready for this and poorly tried to slash at Kei with his lance. Kei dodged the slash easily by sliding under the lance. Despite being within reaching distance at this point, Kei didn’t reach for Umar but instead reached toward his belt. Umar released his Fire Breath at Kei who was currently sliding past him. Kei threw the end of a weighted metal wire from his belt causing it to wrap around Umar’s ankle. Kei safely slid past Umar’s Flame breath with one end of the wire around Umar’s ankle and the other still attached to his belt. Kei grabbed the wire with his hand and charged up electricity in his hand using his Lightning Affinity.

Kei sent electricity running through the wire directly into Umar. Umar gave a scream of agony and fell to the ground. Umar wasn’t dead however, Kei had only sent enough electricity through the wire to knock him unconscious.

With that over with, Kei got up and walked over who appeared to have suffered some burns to make sure she was at least somewhat alright.

Character Info Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1576-kei-heiwajima#16933

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:29 am

Alyza watched helplessly as Kei finished Umar off. She was still cradling her injuries, wishing she was a water bender so she could just heal the burn. Oh well, she liked her fire bending abilities anyways. She observed with wide eyes when Kei seemingly burst directly through the fire, though she'd been at an angle where she could see he'd thrown something that dispersed most of the fire ball.

It was quite an amazing trick though, in Alyza's opinion. She wasn't much of a magician or trickster, merely a teenage run-away with a few skills to call her own. Oh that and a Red Elk. She looked over at Kei as he approached her, Umar lying unconscious on the ground. Her violet eyes glanced between the two, finally realizing how powerful this man was. Any normal person would be scared, but the very word wasn't in Alyza's vocabulary. She refrained from speaking for a moment, instead regarding the man in front of her.

"Well that was.....impressive." She finally admitted after a moment, then winced when she remembered her lovely new burns. Well that's going to leave a scar....
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Kei

"Well that was.....impressive." Alyza had said as Kei stood in front of her.
Kei scratched the back of his head and smiled humbly, “Ahh, I just got a bit lucky back there. Let me check your injuries real quick as well.”
Kei had kneeled over to inspect Alyza’s burns. They were pretty bad and would leave ugly scars if left untreated. Kei reached in his coat and retrieved a small jar which appeared to have a green, goo-like substance inside and handed it to Alyza.
“Here,” Kei told Alyza, “It’s got a… (Kei decided it was better not to tell her) ‘unique’ substance inside. Apply this to your burns and it will help them heal faster as well as preventing most of the permanent scarring.”

Many villagers had begun leaving the Dining Hall and various buildings that they had been hiding in. For a while, no one had said anything.
The village elder finally spoke up, “Did you kill Umar?”
Kei said, “No, but he is not waking up anytime soon. I should be able to get him into the custody of authorities at Shu Jing before the day is out.”
“That won’t be necessary,” The Village Elder spoke with a commanding voice, “Kill him right here, it’s what he deserves.”
Kei argued, “All he did was steal crops from your village, that’s hardly worth death.”
The Village elder spoke with an angry tone, “The iron fist of justice must be dealt, someone as evil Umar must not be allowed to live!”

The village elder continued on his rant of how Kei should kill Umar because it was the right thing to do. According to the village elder, since Kei was letting Umar live, Kei was just as bad as Umar. The village elder also threatened to cancel Kei’s pay if he didn’t kill Umar. Other villagers started joining in with the village elder and soon, the whole town was against Kei trying to push him into killing Umar.

Kei had soon stopped trying to speak and his face remained emotionless.

Mood: Annoyed
Character Info Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1576-kei-heiwajima#16933

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm

"Thanks." Alyza growled rather ungratefully. She wasn't one to accept help, really. But it wasn't like she had any burn cream laying around. So she took it, angrily, but still. She set the jar on the ground and opened it-with some struggling-with one hand. She dipped two of the fingers on her good hand into the cream and smoothed it onto the burn, sighing with relief as she did. She then did the same with her leg burn.

Upon finishing, she stood weakly. Alyza limped over to wear Kei was talking to the people of the village, though she tried to hide her injury. She stood, slightly slumped, beside Kei and faced the elder. When she realized what he was saying, she cocked an eyebrow and wore an expression that was a mix between confusion and a scowl.

"If I might cut it in," She said quietly, stepping forwards, "This man just did as you asked, Old man you shouldn't take his reward away just because he won't kill someone? Do you know how fucked up that is? You don't have to kill just to prove you won. It's not like this 'Umar' did more than steal. That's not all that harmful, you greedy bastards. Something is clearly wrong with you. You should be thanking him! Once Umar's been locked away, you and your crops will be safe and you won't be starving anymore! Kei has just saved all of your ungrateful asses!" Alyza was breathing hard now, her little speech having taken up quite a bit of her energy. The burns were hurting her more than she thought they would, and winced visibly. After taking a few deep breaths, she said "Just give him his damned reward, you worthless cowards."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Kei

Alyza had begun doing her best to argue with the village elder but the situation didn’t change and the whole village was now entirely against Kei and Alyza. Kei still didn’t say anything and his face remained neutral.

Kei honestly couldn’t believe how the entire village he had just saved had immediately turned against him. The villagers demand for vengeance was too strong in order for him and Alyza do anything other than to comply with what they say.

Kei headed over to Umar’s massive body and heaved the ex-captain over his back.
The Village elder yelled at Kei, "You’re not saving our village from his threat at all, only delaying if he whenever he comes back!”

Kei snapped at that part and couldn't handle the villagers anymore.
“I didn’t save your village because I wanted you morons to admire me, I did it because I wanted to!”
His voice had stunned the villagers and no one spoke.
“Keep your payment.” Kei told the villagers with a softer voice.

Kei then turned to Alyza and said, “Come on, lets go” And began walking away from the crowd of villagers with Umar on his back.

Mood: Annoyed

Back to top Go down
Alyza
Alyza

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 am

Alyza stuck her tongue out childishly at the villagers before turning and running to catch up with Kei. She slowed to a walk when she reached him, hunching her shoulders up and sneering angrily at the ground.

"You're just going to let them get away with that? You did what they asked, you should demand a reward!" She was quiet for a moment, but before Kei could respond she realized something. "Hey! You just ordered me around like some sort of dog!" She complained, referring to when he'd called to her to "come on, let's go."

She folded her arms and scowled, staring straight ahead as she walked. Now she was just pissed off. This was the exact reason she didn't like travelling with other people. And so, she put two fingers in her mouth and whistled a piercing whistle. Off in the distance, Evelyn stopped grazing and looked up, before she began to run towards the sound.

A galloping Red Elk cantered into the village, running right past the Elder, and continued on till she reached Alyza. Lyza, in turn, pulled Lyn's reins from where they rested on her belt and swung them over the elk's head. She then clambered up onto her back, with some difficulty due to her burns (which still hurt a bit).
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 am

Kei

On their way out of the village, Alyza had told Kei, “You're just going to let them get away with that? You did what they asked, you should demand a reward!"

Kei knew that she was right. Oddly enough however, Kei didn’t have any desire for a reward and felt contempt with the choice he had just made. Before Kei said anything else, Alyza had realized something.

"Hey!” She complained, “You just ordered me around like some sort of dog!"
Kei plainly told her, “You listened didn’t you?”
His comment only seemed to anger her.

Alyza had called for her Elk and hopped on her. They had left the village and headed toward Shu Jing. There, Kei had given up Umar to the people and both he and Alyza received a small payment from the village leader.

Kei and Alyza had then shortly separated paths afterwards.

Mood: Contempt

--------------End Of Story---------------

[OOC: This was a fun thread, if you ever want to start up another one with me, let me know.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Determining One's Values   Determining One's Values Empty

Back to top Go down

Determining One's Values
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Fire Nation :: Shu Jing-
Jump to: