The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Enjoying a day off

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrad
Cyrad

EXP : 3355
Birthday : 1993-08-12

Character Description
Position: Smith, Merc, Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Cyrad woke early and went through a series of sword strikes and stances slowly to wake and stretch his muscles.  He was fluid moving through a routine that he had mastered years ago, his mind had learned to take this time too shake off the doziness of sleep.  After stretching he washed himself and dressed one of better sets of clothes, if he was to be seen out with a girl as well dressed as Kozue he had to look at least presentable.  As he ate a large breakfast he combed his beard with the rocks that had persevered through every washing.

Cyrad glanced over to the door and the bag that wrapped Kozue's present was still there.  He had made it for her last night and hopped it would work as an apology for falling asleep and having to leave at such a rash rate.  He cleaned up after breakfast and bagged out some coin from his stash in the house, not sure what he was to do today but sure at some point the city will bleed him for money.

He made his way and checked himself out.  His hair and beard was clean and he wore a dark brown shirt with a single sleeve under a forest green vest.  He wore a pair of tan pants and decided to don sandals for he didn't foresee a need to bend.  Happy that he would not look the fool, Cyrad went into his room and looked at his sword and hammer, laid beside his bed.  Tempted as he was he Cyrad decided to leave the weapons behind, knowing that an armed man often is drawn into a fight, and that was his last desire for the day.

He felt naked as he walked to the door, grabbing the present, and walking out.  It wasn't a far walk from Cyrad's home to Master Naseru's, and consequently Kozue's.  He kept stopping throughout the entire trip reaching for weapons that weren't there, though he was sure he hadn't forgotten anything else as his mind wouldn't stop nagging about him going back and he already had searched for a reason to go back and give in to temptation.  Finally he arrived, Master Naseru's house looked like a truly nice home and Cyrad felt himself slightly jealous.  He shook his head, flinging the thought out into the world, and knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

EXP : 1105
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Fire Nation

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

That morning had had Kozue lingering around the front room of the house excitedly, and it brought a smile to Naseru's face in knowing what her reasoning was. He saw nothing wrong with this. Kozue had every right to be excited. She had her own life to live, and while Naseru was there to help her when she needed it, he also worked on understanding that he did not need to be hovering over her shoulder all the time.

when the knock as at the door, Kozue felt it, and with her keen senses, could even tell who it was (or at least who she thought it was). She didn't exactly know very many people with rock arms, to the point where Cyrad marked the first of such a kind.

her senses were directed at the left arm of the figure as a result, and upon noticing that it did not emit heat the way the rest of the figure's body did, her face lit up, and she knew who it was.

Excitedly (but politely) she opened the door, and smiled cheerfully up at the man she recognized. Naseru stood behind her, having gotten up to answer the door as well, but Kozue had beaten her to it.
"do come in." he called out as Kozue stepped aside to grant him entry. "make yourself at home."

Naseru (and even Kozue) figured that he would say why he was here and what he wanted to do, and so neither one asked, but Kozue did smile up happily at Cyrad as he shut the door behind him. She was clearly in a very good mood.
Mood: Excited
Condition: Focused
Link: Kozue

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 am

Cyrad stepped into the room taking his shoes off so he didn't track dirt inside. He bowed towards his master and waved hi to Kozue.

"How are you doing today?" Cyrad asked Naseru then pointed at Kozue and shrugged, it was vague but he hoped she understood. He lifted the prestent he brought for Kozue. "I come with another gift for her, I hope you do don't think I have an alteriour motive I just have extra time on my hands." It was several pieces of metal bended and shaped together that when moved in the right way would split into several pieces that could be reassembled. He didn't plan on explaining this but instead would let her figure it out if she ever did.

"I found this nice park the other day that had several wonderful flower beds. I was hoping that we could take a stroll through there and then maybe grab some food at a local restaurant. And after lunch there is a local market that we can walk around, I'm hoping that will help us build more on our communication skills. After we do all that I don't have an exact plan but I few ideas depending on how we feel but before anything Master do you think you could show me how to ask if Kozue is tired?" Cyrad said. The entire time Cyrad kept switching his eyes between Kozue and Naseru because he was always told to look someone in the face when he spoke to them. "Aside from all that do you think there is anything Kozue would particuarly like to do today?"

(Occ: sorry it took so long for me to post such a small reply today I was running a dnd session til twelve and I came home to a non working computer so I had to write this on my itouch)
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 2:29 am

[OOC--I understand, man. shit happens. But hey, it was still a great post. ^^]

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Naseru smiled as he made his appearance alongside Kozue. "I am well, and I am sure from her excitement that Kozue is as well.
Kozue nodded vigorously, although had also noticed Cyrad's gesture, which she responded to with a jubilant little grin, flashing her cute, white little teeth proudly. A grin that big definitely meant a happy little young lady
When Cyrad mentioned the gift, Naseru shook his head. "Kozue is a girl of simple pleasures. I do not think she minds, although I also certainly don't think she expects tribute or anything either. I'm sure she'll li..."
he did not even get to finish before Kozue had received the item from Cyrad, examining it curiously and very interestedly in her hands. Those hands... those sweet, cute, petite little delicate hands of hers were very intimate and sensitive, and were the reason the girl could still get around so well without sight or hearing.

She balled her hand around the object as best she could, before gratefully giving the larger man a hug to show her appreciation. Kozue was a very sweet little thing that was not afraid to openly express her cheerfulness like that.

As Cyrad began explaining what he had planned for the day off with Kozue, he smiled at what he heard.
"Kozue is fond of the small and simple things in life." he explained, "I am sure she trusts that she is in good hands--for I certainly do. As for Kozue being tired... she usually shows it fairly obviously. She will yawn or will put her hands together against her cheek while closing her eyes, so if you want to ask if she's tired, just imitate that motion or imitate yawning" he opened his mouth as if to yawn, covering it with his hand. Kozue could sense that kind of thing, although the way Naseru did it made it clear to the small girl that Master Naseru was simply explaining things.

Kozue was gazing right at Cyrad this whole time, although with her milky white, glazed eyes it was hard to make out the detail of them. Despite her seemingly lifeless eyes though, the girl had one of the liveliest smiles and expressions around.
"Other than what you've just mentioned," Naseru suggested, also making respectful eye contact, "Kozue enjoys dancing. She doesn't need music or a beat--just an open space where she can flow and fly the way she likes. As you surely know, she is a very patient and understanding girl--a brilliant little thing too. Naseru ruffled the smaller woman's hair, causing her to emit a tiny, almost toddler-like giggle. Deaf people had some of the most adorable laughs.

"I best not waste too much more of your time then, huh?" he chuckled, gently coaxing Kozue to step towards Cyrad, which she did, placing her hands around his rock arm as if to ensure herself that that was where she was, before she "looked" up and smiled at him. OH yes, she was definitely ready for today. Naseru didn't mention it, but he had to tell Kozue three times that night that it was still too early and that she needed to go back to bed.
Condition: Focused

[OOC2--feel free to take Kozue out to their first stop in your next post if you want (unless there are more questions?) Kozue's eager to get started, and of course, is very patient and understanding of his attempts to communicate with her, since she is aware that a lot of it is her fault since she's the blind and deaf one. She's a sweetheart. <3]
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Master Naseru answered Cyrad's questions and then sent the two of them on their way."I best not waste too much more of your time then, huh?"

Kozue wrapped her arm around Cyrad's rock one and looked up to him, Cyrad could see a sense of excitement on her face even if her eyes tried to shroud her emotion.  With a bow and a farewell Cyrad left Master Naseru's home.  At first during the walk Cyrad was "silent", it was always a difficulty to make conversation with a pretty girl let alone one hanging off his arm with communication disablilties.  When he finally built up the courage Cyrad signed a question asking how she was today then swept his arm across in front of him, the flesh one so Kozue could see it, then pressed two fingers to his eyes and then held them before him before finally putting his hand on his heart.  He wondered if his poor attempt at speaking of the beautiful day would get through to her.  As subtly as he could, with every step, Cyrad bended his rock arm smoothing the surface so Kozue's sensitive hands wouldn't be bothered.  Cyrad tried to work on his signing skills remarking on anything he could as they walked toward their destination, a man's funny hair, a cart of particularly delicious fruit some of which Cyrad bought for the two of them, or a beautiful building which Cyrad had the toughest times explaining.

Finally the two of them reached the park.  The day was really nice, the weather was cool but not chilly and the sky had just enough clouds to keep you from getting a sun burn.  The park wasn't particularly large but it was really nice.  Each tree bloomed in wonderful flowers of a thousand different shades and colors.  The two of them walked inside and Cyrad deposited the remains of his fruit into the mulch the trees grew from figuring the plants could use what little was left.  They continued along and when they were out of sight of everyone Cyrad plucked a flower, he wasn't sure if it was not allowed but rathered not to risk it, then took a deep sniff and allowed his face the relaxed look of extacty(sp?) it craved.  He repeated the sign from earlier instead this time speaking of the park they were in and did his best to repeat the face the flower had shown, then he looked at her and shrugged wondering.  Cyrad was focused on interpreting her repsonse that he didn't notice the rock in front of him and tripped and though he could have easily caught himself he allowed his body to drop onto a lush bed of grass, and instead of a "ouuph" Cyrad chose a hearty laugh.

(Occ:give me a bit of time and I'll build up the lengths of my rps again)
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

One of the many things that made Kozue such pleasant company apart from her elegant dresses and the natural beauty of the body they concealed was that her personality was just as sweet to match. Despite her lack of two senses and her simplistic pleasures, Kozue was a very intelligent young lady, and was moreover very understanding. She was well-aware that there was a serious communication barrier between her and the rest of the world, and so as long as people were patient while she tried to express what she wanted to say, she was similarly patient as she tried to decipher their responses.

However, those heat senses of hers--that primal firebending--it did wonders. She was aware of most signing, and her sensitive skin could sense even slight differences when touched. Moreover, during the day she could feel the energy of the sun flow through her, almost empowering her further.
When asked about her day, Kozue's smile returned, and she nodded vigorously, clapping her hands as if to express approval for how she was doing. With a nod and a motion towards him, she asked the same question.

It seemed she did understand that the older man was trying to indicate that it was a beautiful day. She seemed acutely aware of the details Cyrad pointed out to them as they walked (or what she assumed they were), which still amused her to the point of smiles and giggles. When she was given the fruit, she cheerfully expressed her gratitude. Oh yes, she was growing quite fond of this gentle and polite man. No wonder Naseru held him in high regard.

Kozue had a very keen sense of smell, as indicated when she reached the park and took a large whiff of the medley of aromas around her. She closed her eyes and spread her arms, like someone basking in the beauties of nature, which was her way of showing that she thought the place was beautiful. Sure Kozue might have been fairly easy to please, but she was grateful to Cyrad for bringing her here.

The aromas of the flowers were wonderful, and when she was presented with one herself, she sniffed it and smiled, only to be slightly taken back when Cyrad tumbled into the grass. She could not hear him, but the fact that he remained there and seemed to be enjoying himself had her thinking along the same lines. With a giggle, she let herself fall backwards, tumbling onto her butt and then her back as she lay on the grass next to him, giggling cutely. Simple pleasures--nature and such... those were some of the easiest ways to Kozue's heart.

Condition: Perfect ^^

[OOC--well, your posts are pretty substantial so far, so keep up the good work. ^^]
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Cyrad was glad Kozue was seeming to joy herself as much as he was.  The consistent joy on her face reminded him of a child at a festival yet she clearly had the beauty of a woman grown.  He was quickly growing attached to her giggle that often drew a smile to his face.

The lush grass was soft and wonderful to lay in.  Kozue dropped to her butt then onto her back next to him and let out another of the intoxicating giggles.  An overwhelming feeling of happiness took root inside Cyrad as he looked up to the beauty of the clouds in the sky moving through the canopy of the trees above them.  He, as he often did, felt bad for Kozue who couldn't see all the wonders of the world but when he looked at her he knew she was enjoying it as much as he was though maybe through different conduits.  He laid there next to her just taking in the world until he figured they should get moving again.  He sat up then stood up, and stood over Kozue offering a hand to help her up, it took him a bit to realize how stupid he was being offering his stone arm so he readjusted his body and offered his arm she could see.  He rubbed his stomach in a circle then shrugged asking if she was hungry, he wasn't particularly yet and would spend more time walking about the aromatic park if she wasn't but didn't want to make her wait.

When she did finally decide that she was hungry Cyrad walked her out of the park, he didn't mention anything but he got turned around at one point and passed the place where they had fallen into the grass, he wondered if she had noticed.  There was a couple of places to eat nearby but Cyrad knew that Kozue liked spicy food so he chose a place with Fire Nation cuisine, not his personal favorite but on the road you learn to enjoy all foods.  

As they were brought to their table and Cyrad ordered water for the two of them, he didn't want to bring a unsightly drunk girl home to his Master, he felt a pang of panic as he didn't know what to order for Kozue.  He looked at her across the table and touched his stomach then shrugged his shoulders but then mimed eating noodles and then meats and then veggies which as he was doing sort of all looked like the same thing, mild frustration made his face blush slightly.  He tried again miming him chewing on his arm then prentending to pick something from the ground and eating it.  As he did he noticed someone from another table looking at him with the craziest face of bewilderment and he couldn't control himself and laughed heartily for a short stretch of time.  He bowed in appology to Kozue but was back at the beginning of his problem.

Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

There was a childlike innocence to Kozue's demeanor and her expressional noises and giggles, although these masked what was undoubtedly a very mature and intelligent young lady. Simple as she might have seemed, it was merely a communication barrier that could give people the illusion that she was naive or simple-minded.

For a while, she simply lay on her back, enjoying the caress of the sun's rays against her hands and face. Perhaps one "perk" of being blind was that Kozue could stare directly at the sun with no real effect. She enjoyed the soft grass under her body, and occasionally a few blades tickled against her ankles, which peeked out from her dress between it and her shoes, which she was tapping together happily. It was just one of her little quirks.

After he got up, she gently took his hand, pulling herself to her feet. One easily noticable aspect of the young red-clad lady with the very warm hands was that she was particularly light--the kind of light that could probably be scooped up in one arm. When asked if she was hungry, she kind of just shrugged and wiggled her fingers as if to say "sort of, but not too much so". The way she tilted her head and the expressions on her face could also tell a lot about what she was trying to say. in fine, she was quite okay with strolling around the park and enjoying the comfortable temperatures and the blissful aromas. When she was finally hungry enough, she politely expressed it, not wanting to be a bother or come off that she was complaining.

Other than a soft giggle as they passed over the place where they had both fallen on their backs, Kozue was fairly quiet as they left the park to grab a bite to eat. While it was true that Kozue did particularly enjoy spicy food, it was also true that the girl would eat just about anything placed in front of her. As sweet and dainty as she was, she did not possess a spoiled mentality. Perhaps being blind and deaf had made her humbler, or she had simply been reared well.

Once there, Kozue couldn't help but giggle at what she could only describe as erratic motions from Cyrad as he was trying to tell her something. Those cute little giggles might have also helped save face with the older man simply because with both of them laughing it seemed more like a silly performance or an inside-joke rather than him making a fool of himself. In response, she mimed herself tearing something off with her teeth--meat, and fanned her mouth as if to say spicy. However, she then wrapped it up by signing to say "anything", because truth of the matter was that she would eat anything--both out of politeness, but also because she had yet to find a food she didn't like. Clearly, her giggles and pleasant attitude meant that she had easily accepted his apology.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 pm

Cyrad was glad that Kozue was taking his attempts at conversation with a light heart though he was starting to know her to the point where he expected little else from the kind hearted girl.  She answered his question though showing her tearing into something as well as doing the universal sign for spicy so when the waiter came to take their order Cyrad got both of them spicy bowls of meat and noodles with side of bread in case Cyrad found the cuisine too intense.  Sitting next to across from her the comparisson was almost commical, Kozue looked like a flower with a beautiful long dress and elegant features while Cyrad looked like a stump all scarred and rustic.  He pointed at her than ran his hand down his torso like he was admiring nice clothes then pointed at his chest and tugged on his shirt like it was worthless, and pointed at her again then ran his hand down the side of his head like he was combing long hair then pointed at himself rubbing his bald head.  He pointed at her and stroked his chin the best he could to immitate a beautiful face the again at himself and tugged on his beard.  Then he spread one of his arms out and swept around the room pressed to fingers at his eyes and pointed at the two of them and chuckled.  He waited, curious to her response.

The food came out shortly after and the two of them ate, Cyrad didn't rush through the food and enjoyed it mostly because he didn't want to make a mess of himself in front of Kozue, thinking back he could have and she wouldn't have noticed but Cyrad tried to keep a certain aspect of class about him.  He didn't try to speak much while they ate aside from about half way through when he asked her how she thought the meal was.  After eating Cyrad sat there for a little while telling Kozue that he both enjoyed the meal and was pleasantly full, hopping that she was the same.  After a short while of digestion Cyrad tilted his head and indicated towards the door.  

When she affirmed he led her out.  His next destination wasn't a destination in itself instead it was the market that the two of them would walk about.  He hadn't spent a good amount of time in here before rather wanting for this experience to be his first true delve so he brought a large purse of coins.  He wasn't against buying Kozue anything and if she expressed interest in anything he might buy it for her.  It was a short walk there but Cyrad felt like had been leading her so much that during the walk he was sign silent instead ready to answer/interpret anything that she said to him.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

There was an intimate level of understanding from Kozue's end that had her as quite the pleasant person to be around, despite the communication barrier. As she noticed Cyrad pointing out what Kozue could only see as opposites, it made her smile, and after she realized that he was not-so-subtly pointing out to her that they were being watched, the just gave out a loud and hearty little laugh. So it was not actually that loud given that Kozue was a tiny little thing not capable of producing too much noise.
But then she imitated his actions, pointing out how different they are by running her hands through her hair, stroking her cheek or pinching her dress to show it. She even put her hand into a fist as if to imitate earthbending, and then produced a thin, spiraling purple flame on her hand briefly before closing her hand around it (simply to show that she was a firebender, rather than to show off a flame that she did not think was unusual, even if it was). But then... she smiled. she was a very accepting person, and the differences between people were not something that got in the way of that.

When the food arrived, Kozue unsurprisingly ate in a very professional and dignified manner fitting of a girl so fancily dressed as she was. The lack of speaking (or communication) was not awkward to her. there were times to speak and times not to, and it wasn't like Kozue felt cold or unwelcome, and she hoped that she was not conveying that message either because few things could be farther from the truth. When he asked her about the meal, she simply smiled cheerfully and nodded her head to express her approval. Oh yes, she was gobbling it up. (well, metaphorically speaking).

Once finished though, she relaxed for a few moments before nodding in agreement that she was ready to leave. after all was said and done, she found them walking towards the market district, which she could recognize as such from Naseru's trips here--from all the motion and activity around them.
she made various gestures with her arms and hands, and then shrugged curiously, wondering if there was a reason they had come here. She was just curious, of course, and so also asked if they were just here to browse or walk around. If they were... well, Kozue wouldn't mind that at all. She did of course like presents (who didn't?) but was usually not the type to ask for them. If she noticed something she liked though, she would not hesitate to show interest in it. Kozue was honest--that was one of many good traits the girl had.
Mood: Extremely Happy

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:05 pm

To answer Kozue's question Cyrad signed that they were here to browse and look around, he hoped that the answer wouldn't confuse.  He went from kiosk to kiosk looking at fresh fruit, remembering where had the best prices for what, to stands with weapons or jewelry.  Nothing in particular caught his eye, which made him a little sad as he was hoping to find a diamond in the rough.  He signed to Kozue a question on what she thought of the various places wears.

He spent the most time at a little shop filled with various animals.  There were dozens of animals that all caught his eye and he spent a little time looking at each, though he spent most of the time beside Kozue he wasn't trying to smother her, that didn't keep him from not losing sight of here the entire visit.  Finally he found a polar bear dog pup that was absolutely adorable that tugged on all of his heart strings.  He called Kozue over and the two of them played with the pup for a short while.

After they exited the shop they continued on their merry way and approached the end of the market, one of the last places they past was selling a delicious chocolate candy which Cyrad bought for the two of them.  He looked at Kozue as they ate their mocha treat and mimed a question asking where she would like to go next, the day was still young and Cyrad didn't plan on bringing her home until she desired so.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 am

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Kozue did take a particular interest in jewelry or other smooth trinkets. She enjoyed feeling things, and so anything that might be nice to touch or caress curiously would definitely take her fancy. She was amused with little odds and ends; opr fine pieces of craftsmanship. Similarly, she did love clothes and fabric. she expressed this by taking her sleeve or her skirt now and again and stroking it fondly, to show that she loved pretty clothes and silky fabrics. She was a lady of simple pleasures.

Thus, when they visited a little pet shop, Cyrad would discover that Kozue was most certainly amused by the little animals. Obviously she was not about to go roll in the mud with any of them or anything, but she defintiely enjoyed interacting and playing with them. The polar bear dog pup that Cyrad discovered tugged her little heartstrings in a similar way, and it was adorable to see it and the little blind and deaf girl playing so well despite the lady's lack of two senses.

Incidentally, as they continued their journey through the market, Kozue did freeze at one point, sniffing the air. The girl had a nose like a bloodhound, and when there was something she liked in the air... by golly she would go for it.
Welp... Cyrad noticed it and Kozue's nose led them to a little shop selling chocolate candy. Well... Kozue was a lady, and chocolate was one of those things that ladies universally enjoyed. Even a little blind and deaf girl was no exception, and so as she munched on her new treat, she made sure to happily express her gratitude for the man who had bought it for her. Naseru had raised her well, and had raised a polite, dignified little young lady.

when asked what she wanted to do next, she began moving her arms in swift motions, as if to indicate finding an empty, clear spot of wilderness, and then made motions imitating earthbending, and then produced a teal-colored flame in her hand to indicate firebending. There was actually a story behind the colors of flame the girl produced, but that was something she would have great difficulty trying to explain without a spiritual expert like Naseru. PErhaps later tonight.
Otherwise, it seemed that Kozue wanted to find a place to dance or express some bending moves. It was definitely something that greatly interested the youngster given her own very high spirituality.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Kozue expressed a desire to find an open courtyard or field for which the two of them could bend in or at least that's what Cyrad was thinking she was trying to get across.  So off he went, he didn't have a particularly well grip on the layout of the city but he did know where several courtyards were, he often went to these to supplement his bending training or to blow off steam on the rare occasion he felt anger in his belly.  So after only making half a dozen or so wrong turns Cyrad found what they were looking for.  

The courtyard was an open space large enough for a score of people to bend without bothering one another and surprisingly today there was no one there.  It was littered with pocket holes where earthbenders had ripped up earth and there was even a couple of pools of water should the occasional waterbender visit the city.  Cyrad wanted to let Kozue see the place and an idea formed in his head, he was of the understanding that Kozue saw with heat so Cyrad, using his recently gained sandbending skills from several desert excursions, bended rock beneath him into sand then started spinning the sand around quickly against itself making it warm like when a man rubes his hands together quickly.  On e he thought it was sufficiently hot Cyrad quickly lifted the sand up and bended it across the courtyard.  He watched Kozue to see if it had any sort of effect.

Now that they were at a spot the two of them could bend Cyrad wasn't sure how to proceed, first thing he did was bend a circle around the two of them filling in all holes and moving excess rock into a pile at the edge and smoothing out the surface.  Cyrad didn't want Kozue to fall.  He knew Kozue wouldn't be able to see his earthbending so he waved his hand at belly level to let her go first, while he thought.  He watched her bending transfixed.

When she was finished Cyrad had come up with an idea, though he had no clue if it would work.  Now Cyrad had never learned how to dance, as a mercenary and a wanderer there was little need for the skill but his mother had taught him a little when when he was a child. So the first thing he did was bend several rocks into the air, a couple were different sizes, before dropping them and letting them thud into the ground before bending them back up again.  As he started to do that with his feet Cyrad extended a hand for Kozue to grasp.  Now Cyrad was doing his best to drop the rocks in a rhythm and though he could hear the basic tune he could also feel it in his feet, this was the best he could do for Kozue, and Cyrad started to dance with her.  It wasn't gracious, Cyrad's lack of practice and use of his legs to keep the rocks beating the tune made for a pretty poor performance but he was trying.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Dancing... if there was anything that could (perhaps ironically) make Kozue stand still for a moment, it was knowing that she would be able to dance soon. She went almost completely silent as she patiently followed Cyrad around as he searched, not making any type of complaint even when the man doubled back or zigzagged this way or that in trying to find a place. She was patient, and was still in a wonderful mood, except that now she was also excited.

Soon they arrived at what was obviously a courtyard, where they started out with displays of their own to let off some steam or express themselves. Her keen heat senses and Cyrad's motions did help her get an idea where they were, and she nodded vigorously with an enormous smile on her face to indicate that she was very satisfied with the area they had found.

He used his earthbending to help set up the area for her, and at his sign, she began to dance, streams of flames following her arms and legs as she twirled and flipped and danced. for a girl in a dress and heels, Kozue certainly had a beautiful air of elegance to her movements, and her fire was like nothing ever seen before. it was a rainbow of colors, which were rare abilities that came from excess spirituality and connection with the primal aspects of the element. It had been part of why Naseru took such interest in the girl to begin with. However, he had also wanted her to live a happy life and not just be a test subject, so he treated her with kindness and love, raising her like his own daughter.

When Cyrad offered to dance with Kozue, she happily accepted and just like before, she flowed with elegance (although without the streamer-flames on her hands), and her nimble footing made up for Cyrad's blunders or missteps, which didn't seem to bother her. She was patient and understanding, and so that was simply a part of who he was--he did not have to be the graceful dancer that she was... he was trying his best, and Kozue was enjoying it... what more did she need?

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Kozue danced like she dressed, beautifully. When she danced around spraying forth fire like rainbows Cyrad was amazed, he wanted to investigate how she had such a skill but knew that without Master Naseru there would be no chance of true understanding the concept, so he banked the question for another time. Shortly after her amazing display the two of them danced together, Cyrad wasn't the most graceful but Kozue made up for it and if he could read her at all he guessed that she was having a good time. The danced for a while and he was sure if he let her Kozue would have been content to dance all night but time seemed to pass quickly and Cyrad was thinking they should press onward.

He there was still sun but it wouldn't be too long before it tried to his behind the ever distant horizon, he would gladly stay out with Kozue if she wanted to but first he wanted to make sure he was in a place that he knew, it would be a disaster if he got lost with Kozue in the dark and he really didn't want to embarrass himself. So he brought her along a path that led to a part of town that he knew pretty well. He signed a few broad gestures to Kozue asking what she would like to do next.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:59 am

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Naseru would be happy to speak with Cyrad about Kozue's impressive dancing skills and such, as well as her unusual firebending skills, which many people had taken great interest in given that they were... well, unusual. However, Naseru had ensured that the small girl would not be forced to live her life as a freak-show or anything of the sort, and so he studied her and then published his results when he made a breakthrough. Thus, Kozue got to live a peaceful and happy life as well as a blind and deaf girl could. Given her expressions and reactions right now, it was clear she had a nice life.

She smiled and expressed with a happy gesture how grateful she was for the dancing time they had had, and that she had definitely enjoyed it. after a bit more walking and him asking her what she wanted to do next, she expressed the desire to eat something again, most likely something sweet. She wanted a nice little dessert before they went back, and it was clear from her many other gestures that she was trying time and time again to express how happy and grateful she was today.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:17 am

Kozue made it quite apparent that she had enjoyed their time dancing just as Cyrad had. It made Cyrad glad because he was sure life owed the girl enjoyment for the taxes it had already levied. When he asked Kozue what she would want to do next she signed to him a desire to eat, though Cyard was sure she wasn't requesting a meal instead a treat or a dessert. Cyrad knew a place that sold delicious pastries and that kept baking late into the day so that their product would be fresh and good even late. It was something that made the place really stick out and kept it busy often but Cyrad had a good relationship with the man who owned it so when they entered the shop he was able to cut to the front of the line, much to the despair to waiting customers. Cyrad got Kozue and himself some type of fluffy and crunchy bread that held a scoup of jam inside and a light powdering of sugar on top. He didn't know how they got the jam inside but he did know that it was very tasty and he thought Kozue would enjoy it. Outside there were chairs they could sit at and Cyrad gestured to the chairs and the road, asking Kozue which she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Kozue was certainly a bright little lass and also a very polite one. She made sure that Cyrad knew time and time again that he was making her extremely happy and that she was so very grateful for everything he had done for her. This was not a date, per se, but it was definitely pretty close. It wasn't like they had to have a romantic relationship for this to be meaningful though. Kozue was a woman of simple pleasures. Despite her lavish clothing and elegant physique, she had proved that she enjoyed the small things in life--dancing in a courtyard, playing with cute animals, practicing her bending, skipping through a park, laying in the grass, eating a few tasty treats, and interacting with a friend. Small and simple things, most of these were, and she felt little need for much else.

The pastries they got from the delicious-smelling bakery were certainly a treat too, and she expressed her gratitude in the form of a grateful little hug before he asked whether she'd like the chairs or the road. She elected to sit in the chairs, seating herself accordingly and then munching on the jam-filled treat. Oh yes... a perfect ending to a perfect day. ^^

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 am

Cyrad had enjoyed the day quite a bit, it was a simple one spent with a friend and those were often the best. To not only simply enjoy a day but to share the pleasure with someone was something that Cyrad didn't often do so it made today particularly special. Kozue gave Cyrad a hug as a thank you then they just sat and enjoyed their pastries. Cyrad was sure that he had entertained Kozue for the day, she had been smiling quite a bit and he was glad she had enjoyed it as much as he had.

Finally when the two of them were finished Cyrad started down the path back to Kozue's house. Though the day was coming to an end Cyrad was not upset, they had done several fun things and created peaceful memories, something Cyrad did not have enough of. He didn't speak, sign, much on the way back but rather reflected on the day. The walk back didn't seem that long and though they had spent a day active and about Cyrad wasn't feeling too tired. When they got close Cyrad thanked Kozue for spending the day with him and signed that they should try to do it another time, though he wasn't sure if he properly conveyed the latter, before knocking on the door. He wasn't sure if he was going to be asked to come in and speak about the day, something he was willing to do but he was not going to ask to do so as he wasn't trying to impose on Master Naseru he was sure was going to speak to Kozue about it, it just seemed like the type of relationship the two of them had.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm

[augh! I thought I had posted here!]

Kozue Maziki Zenava

And so the wonderful day began to gradually draw to a close. It was bittersweet in a way, because that meant it was over, but on the other hand, it had been such a lovely day that was totally worth cherishing. Sure Kozue might have enjoyed the simple things in life, and sure she might not have known Cyrad very well apart from that he was mentored by her guardian Naseru, but at the same time, sometimes people didn't need to closely know each other for them to just lay all their differences aside and enjoy life together. That was what Kozue had felt like they had done, and in turn, they had, well... gotten to know each other.

Kozue was naturally quiet given her inability to see or hear (and thus speak), although sometimes she made a cute little noise when she expressed fondness of something she thought about. Even then, she didn't sign much either, figuring that ruminating on the day's events was a worthy way to spend the walk home. It wasn't like they were ignoring each other either. Sometimes, there was just nothing that needed said.

The good news was that Kozue definitely agreed that they should do it again, which had her nodding vigorously and happily in agreement as Cyrad knocked on the door.
Naturally, Naseru welcomed them both in, giving Kozue a hug and shaking Cyrad's hand as a sign of respect.
"so how did it go?" he asked, almost rhetorically, given how elated Kozue clearly was.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Master Naseru opened the door and welcomed the two of them into his house, which was also Kozue's house.  He hugged Kozue and it made Cyrad feel nice as seeing loving family always did for him, then shook Cyrad's hand.

"So how did it go?"  Cyrad was pretty sure that Kouze's demenor spoke for how the day went but Cyrad answered anyway for he was sure Master Naseru was only asking to be polite so to answer was the same.

"I went wonderfully, Kozue is a true pleasure to be around."  Cyrad didn't quite notice as a smile crept up onto his face as he said it.  "And as long as you don't object I'm sure that I'll be spending another day with her another time."  With it being late and him already taking up so much of Kozue's time he didn't dare impose on the hospitality of his master so instead he spoke again.  "Master Naseru, it is getting late and I have a erin or two I would like to run before I turn in for the night so I must beg your forgiveness and make a swift retreat."

Of couse he waited for Naseru's response before he stepped to the door and offered his Master a shake goodbye, then told Kozue goodbye as well before he left the residence and went for a stroll, he didn't quite have business to attend to but rather reflected on the day in solitude.
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

Character Description

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 am

Kozue Maziki Zenava

Naseru smiled at Cyrad's admissions. It made him happy to see his little girl so happy, especially since so many people had said that she could never be happy since she could neither see nor hear. Naseru knew better, knowing full well that despite her disabilities, that Kozue was still a very capable and talented young woman--and he was right.

"I certainly don't mind if you wish for another day with her sometime soon," Naseru smiled, "of course, Kozue would have to approve as well, but I don't think that would be a problem." he traced a symbol into Kozue's hand, and the smaller girl nodded vigorously to say that she was definitely game for it. In fact, she gave Cyrad a goodbye hug before the larger man departed, leaving Kozue and Naseru alone again. Moments later, Kozue launched into a silent but excited ramble of everything she did that day, essentially explaining how wonderful of a time she had had, and how positively she thought of Cyrad and what he had done for her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enjoying a day off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enjoying a day off   Enjoying a day off Empty

Back to top Go down

Enjoying a day off
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Ba Sing Se-