The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeing Spirits

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Noriko
Noriko

EXP : 2200

Seeing Spirits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

True to her word, Noriko would show up to the predetermined location, but she had been there, waiting and watching, for about two hours. While she didn't expect an ambush, she wasn't about to start slacking off; that was the first step to failure, shortly followed by death. When Naseru arrived alone - save for the little girl - she felt that it was safe to show herself. Pushing off the wall that she'd been apparently lounging against, though constantly on the alert, she made her way over.

Rather than her Crimson Spirit garb, which would have stuck out like a sore thumb, she had worn civilian clothes. Her white work pants, covered with an orange and white jacket over her black shirt, had been purchased that very morning at a small shop on the outskirts of the nearby village. Noriko had not given up her boots, but they were hidden quite well within the rest of the outfit. All in all, she looked like a working class woman.

Though she headed right for Naseru and Kozue, raising a hand in greeting, her eyes were still on a swivel, glancing every which way - just in case. Because of their odd meeting, the previous evening, she'd be easily recognizable, despite the overall change to her appearance. "Hey," Noriko greeted them both, trying to keep her voice light as she got close. Finally, she allowed her gaze to settle on the pair of them.

Mood: Alert
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Scholar
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Luckily it seemed they wouldn't have to wait at all, because only a few seconds after they arrived, Kozue's nose twitched, and she stepped forward as if sniffing something. tugging Naseru's hand, she pointed, and sure enough, there was Noriko approaching them. she was dressed in something different, but Naseru's eyes recognized details of her face, and Kozue's nose had recognized her scent.

"Hey." Naseru nodded in response. "Good timing then."
It was more just an observation rather than an approval or a reprimand or anything else. He wondered if Noriko knew about Kozue's ability to sniff people out, or if she even believed him at all when he said that.
Either way, shortly after their little greeting, Kozue reached forward, poking a curious finger into Noriko's belly button, which was exposed. an innocent little smile was on her face. Naseru kept a neutral expression, waiting to see how the older woman would react before seeing if chuckling would be appropriate or not.
Mood: Content
Condition: Rested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

After the young girl had sniffed her out, Noriko would be an idiot to not believe him; and she was not a fan of stupid people. Though she didn't smile, she did make an effort to look relaxed... and then her stomach was poked. Blinking, she stopped whatever she had been about to say, to stare down at Kozue. It wasn't a mean stare, by any stretch; just her normal expression.

Several moments passed, in which she did not move. "...Do I poke her back?" She finally asked, her tone neutral, still watching the small child, "I do not know the protocol, for dealing with children." Clearly Noriko wasn't mad, just a little confused, or out of her comfort box, so to say. Soldiers were often told to stay away from children during a war, because, unfortunately, the enemy often used their innocence as a disguise for mayhem; giving children explosives or poisons to sneak into soldier camps.

Mood: Unsure

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. "You can if you want." he responded, right as Kozue softly poked her belly button again. "she might be a bit ticklish, but she won't hurt you at all."

Naseru was honest, and he would never use Kozue in ways like that. She was literally just a harmless little child having childish fun. She was not necessarily harmless all the time, since she could defend herself with powerful and dangerously intricate firebending movements, but she was one of the least aggressive people to ever live, so she would never try to provoke someone.

He waited to see how she would react, mostly because he expected that she had a plan, and that he was just here to help share information and maybe kick a bit of ass. however, if she expected him to say something, he would if he caught the signs.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

After a moment of hesitation, Noriko carefully stuck her finger out, poking Kozue on the cheek. "...Tag, you're it?" Her brows were knit together, still really unsure if she was doing the right thing. The girl didn't worry her, of course, but she didn't want to hurt her, or make things worse.

Once that was done with, however, she looked up at Naseru, a bit more businesslike. "My expertise is in operation detail. Yours is intel, right?" Noriko continued, without waiting, "If you act as support, I can get things done faster, taking out the target objectives quickly and quietly."

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Kozue giggled softly when Noriko poked her cheek, and responded by softly squeezing the older woman's exposed belly lightly before giggling again and stepping back into line. She was generally well-behaved, but she was also curious about this girl, and feeling was one of the ways she got to know things.

"sorry if that made you uncomfortable or anything," Naseru said with a casual smile. He wouldn't blame Kozue because she had not done any real harm.
"but you are correct. I've got intel, and Kozue and I are both able to defend ourselves well. "If you've got an operation already in the works, just fill me in on what you've got and where you're heading with it, and I'll follow-up with what I know and how I can help."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:04 am

Noriko Tatsumi

"I am not uncomfortable," Noriko protested, "As I said; I do not know the protocol for children. Procedure in the army is distance and dispel, neutralization if all else fails." It was a bit dark, but it was how it was. Then, in much the same tone, "Currently, the objective is simply to target the kingpins of the drug rings in Ba Sing Se."

While she may be acting like it was a real operation, it was simply Noriko on her own, trying to clean up the streets.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:21 am

Naseru & Kozue

"well." Naseru shook his head briefly. "Please don't do any of that."
changing the subject back to the task at hand, he continued.

"well then... I can point out where a few of them might be provided we get the right trail. Others I might need Kozue to sniff out for us. obviously we're closest to half-baked Dragon territory, which is why they're all over the place here."
he continued to give details as to what streets he knew they roamed, and some possible locations of some of their hideouts.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:53 am

Noriko Tatsumi

At his request, Noriko gave him a withering look, "I am not a monster, nor an idiot. She is safe with me."

Listening carefully, there was one bit of information that she noticed was missing. "Who is the leader, of the Half-Baked Dragons?" Noriko asked, placing her hands on her hips, "I have not been able to find the information, as of yet... none of the street suppliers have squealed."

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 am

Naseru & Kozue

Unfazed, Naseru replied in a deadpan tone "That is all I need to hear in that regard."
He would take her word for it. at her question, he paused for a moment.
"I do not know his name, although I know the general area where he lurks. Kozue is pretty sure there is a large hideout under a certain area of town, and we've always avoided it simply because two against who knows how many is not a fair fight, especially with one being just a little girl in a dress."

"However..." he smirked, "Two and a masked vigilante... should make it about right."
he didn't really know what else to call her, but it wasn't intended to be a rude term either. He waited to see how she would react to this situation, while Kozue seemed to be playing with her hands.
Condition: Excellent
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:49 am

Noriko Tatsumi

While she allowed Kozue to do as she liked, Noriko didn't really interact with her, either, betraying her complete lack of experience with children, being both a soldier, and the youngest of her own family. Though, once the small girl was done, she would probably give her head a small pat.

"Underground... that is problematic," Her eyes narrowed a bit, in thought, "We would require blueprints of the space, to form a proper onslaught. For that, we would need a very experienced earthbender, which would add both to our strength, and to our probability of being discovered." She did not, after all, know that Naseru was an earthbender, just yet.

Glaring off into space, she added, "Underground also insinuates one entrance and one exit - though there may be more, considering that it is an illegal drug operation... Stealth will be essential." Glancing at Kozue, and then at Naseru, she added, "Which means that I will likely be unaccompanied."

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 am

Naseru & Kozue

When Noriko patted her head. Kozue gave a happy little smile, bouncing in place a couple times.
Naseru listened to Noriko's assessment, and a smirk slowly grew on her face.
"Sweetheart," he said in a non-intimate tone, "there's a reason I'm so knowledgable about the underground, and it's not just because I look good and have a soothing voice."
Stamping his foot, be popped a small rock out from the ground, catching it in his hand.

"I may not have seismic senses, but I have a good idea of how to detect underground lairs. The beauty of little Kozue here is that she doesn't need light to see.She knows if someone is coming, even from behind. She helps negate enemy stealth."

Kozue beamed as Naseru squeezed her shoulder. he was holding her hand, and seemed to be tracing things into it as he spoke.

"So..." he said coolly, "what was that about you going in alone?"
He had intel, yes, and she was probably still more skilled than him, but he was much more useful than just being an intel unit.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 am

Noriko Tatsumi

Noriko gave a small snort and rolled her eyes, when he mentioned looking good. Maybe it was because of her time in the military, but skinny, unscarred, well-kept men weren't exactly her type; if one based such things solely on appearances. The soothing voice bit... well, she wouldn't dispute it, but she liked voices with a little gruff to them, too.

"If our cover is blown, you realize that we'll have to fight our way out," She explained her reasoning, "Including Kozue," She used the little girl's name, this time, "The Half-Baked Dragon will not show us mercy. Think very carefully for the both of you, before you decide to accompany me; I can not be responsible for each of us."

Despite what she had just said, Noriko would damn well protect them both as best she could, with her life even, if they came along. She couldn't help but do so.

Last edited by Noriko on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:44 am

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru was not really fazed by her disapproval of his appearance. He knew what he looked like quite well, and wasn't hard on the eyes in his opinion. Little else mattered much.

Naseru laughed. "you DO realize that you're telling an earthbender that he'll have to fight underground, right?"
He'd totally be in his element. Kozue, while small and sweet, knew how to defend herself, but more than that, she had almost absurdly swift reflexes, and so what she would mostly do was avoid getting hit and stay out of trouble, as opposed to trying to take down her opponents. The little girl was a passive little sweetheart.

"I've got your back." he reassured her. "if I'm surrounded by earth, I'll have just as much of an edge as they do. Besides, other than some of the bosses, gang members aren't exactly very clever. We won't need to back down."

Maybe it was just his charisma shining through, but Naseru sounded quite confident that they would succeed--or at the very least, not lose more than they gained.

"so... you ready, or is there anything else you feel we should know?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

"I'll take point," was her response, "You'll cover me. Barring death on my part, I take the kingpin while you keep our exit clear. Got it?" Her voice wasn't overly harsh, but Noriko wasn't sure about his abilities, and so she didn't really feel comfortable leaving the crux of the operation in his hands, just yet. Were it a smaller mission... maybe.

Glancing around, she began to step away from the two of them, presumably returning to her 'secret base'. "We'll meet back here in two hours; prepare yourself for a mid-day strike." Her reasoning, for the time, was that most police raids too place at night, and so they wouldn't be as heavily guarded.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru nodded simply. "I'll make that my objective. We'll see what happens."
This was not necessarily referring to him deviating from the plan; this was him simply anticipating changes that might need to happen depending on gang activity.

"I'll be waiting then." he nodded as he took Kozue by the hand and headed towards the market to get himself and the youngster something to eat. He was a man of his word and so would be back there provided that she was.
Besides... he was pretty sure that some of the hideout was deep underneath downtown, and so perhaps he or Kozue could pick up traces or something while they were there.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

When Noriko returned to that spot, it was by rooftop. She was wearing her Crimson Spirit clothes - sans mask - and didn't want to be spotted; especially if she was going to become well-known here, as well. Her two hours was mostly spent gathering up her supplies and eating half a rations pack. There was nothing much else for her to do, except come back and wait.

She was still hesitant to bring anyone with her. Her impression, currently, was that Naseru might be capable, but that he was also a bit conceited - as well as foolish, for bringing a young girl along to a den of crime. Noriko always know that, should she fail, her death was the only consequence; no one directly relied on her. For this man, it was different, and so she did not agree with his choice.

Still, he was useful to her, and so she waited.

Mood: Conflicted

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru and Kozue seemingly did not glean many results, but that was not what they were on the lookout for anyways. Naseru had long since instated standard protocol for what Kozue should do if Naseru were ever to die or be mortally wounded in battle. She was young, but Kozue was a very brilliant little girl.

Naseru was a man who took high risks and generally got high returns. Kozue was something that was a part of his life to add to the challenge, but also because he liked the company of the youngster, and loved her dearly. She knew a way out of most problems, and Naseru had often underestimated just how intelligent she was often thinking less so because of her disabilities. However, she compensated for them quite well.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Noriko Tatsumi

Spotting them both, Noriko hopped down from the rooftop, landing close by. When she straightened up, she also waved, having seen - from up top - that no one was close enough to spot them; though her eyes are still watching the surrounding area. "Hey," She greeted them both.

"You ready?" Came her next question, "Where's the location?"

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru waved lightly.
"hey."

He was already subtly analyzing her clothes and appearance as if to remember it, and Kozue was softly breathing through her nose, also remembering her scent and how to distinguish it from others. it was certainly better than the smell of gangster, which she had been smelling a lot earlier.

"There are numerous entrances and exits, as I assumed. After all, if the police surround one, they would need another way out. the closest one from here is that way." he motioned with his hand, "although there are also some over there as well."

he motioned in the directions, also pulling out a small map of the area and pointing to where they were.
"I could technically break us into one of the less-used ones with earthbending if needs be, but other than perhaps knowing how many people are in an area at one time... I am not sure what we will find down there any more than anyone else."
he paused and waited to see her thoughts on the matter.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 am

Noriko Tatsumi

Cursing, Noriko ran through the options in her head. If she had a full squad, she could assault each of the entrances at once, cutting off all hope for escape. With just the three of them - technically two of them - there was no way; she didn't even want them to split up, as it was. Then, she had an idea.

"Can you use your earthbending to block the exits?" Raising a brow, she looked up at Naseru, "Even if they have earthbenders, it will slow them down - especially if you can put up several barricades at each point." It wasn't amazing, but it was the best plan she could come up with, at this point...

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:39 am

[quote="Naseru"]

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru nodded. "I could do that... although do you have any idea how many might be in there at a given time?"
he knew the gang wasn't small, but this was also not their only hideout. Many of them were certainly nonbenders, most likely hired for their muscle rather than bending skills or smarts. That was what made skinny little Naseru stand out.

"But..." he continued, "I did not earn the rank of 'master' for being the scrawny little kid who happened to know all the right textbook answers. I got it through application. I can probably get a good number of the entrances at once if I stand in the right place, but we'd then have to move quickly. Earthbending isn't exactly quiet."
Using a pencil to mark his map, he pointed out the entrances and exits that he and Kozue had found.
"Most of them are probably dimly lit, if even lit at all. pick an entrance for me to leave open, and I can start at your signal."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 am

Noriko Tatsumi

"This one," Noriko indicates the chosen tunnel almost immediately, "It has the least amount of branching off, which means that less men will be running up it, to escape. We can rush in, complete the objective and be out before we're noticed; if we're lucky."

It was a slim chance, but she'd survived slimmer chances before; it was worth the gamble. Besides, if there were a lot of men, they would just fight their way out.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 am

Naseru & Kozue

"Sounds good to me." Naseru nodded. "Let's go."
Naseru proceeded to lead them to where the opening was. It was in some back alley through a back door of a building, which then sloped downward into an underground "cavern", which was one of the tunnels of the hideout.

"Kozue..." Naseru tapped the youngster on the back, tracing a couple of lines into her shoulders through her silky dress.
the kid squatted down, placing her fingertips gently on the ground, pausing for a moment as if focusing.
Turning around to face Naseru, she held up 6 fingers.

"There are 6 in the area..." he warned Noriko, "although that means about "within a 100-foot radius of us give or take... so there aren't too many around here. You ready to go in?

he could definitely knock down a good couple of exits from where he was standing, as he was a master at his art, and so knew exactly where his earthbending would strike once he stamped his foot.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noriko
Noriko

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:25 am

Noriko Tatsumi

"On my mark," Noriko agrees, getting into position. Reaching back, she pulls up her cowl and mask, placing them carefully over her face and hair, to hide her features. Once that was taken care of, she draws her wakizashi blades, holding them both in a more defensive manner.

"Go," She muttered through the mask, taking off at a run. Naseru knew his job; hers was to keep anyone from getting past her, to get to him and Kozue, as well as getting them deeper into the compound.

Mood: Focused

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Spirits   Seeing Spirits - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeing Spirits
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Ba Sing Se-
Jump to: