The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Topic Has A Title: The Topic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

EXP : 505

Character Description
Nation:

This Topic Has A Title: The Topic Empty
PostSubject: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 pm

"Oh boy, here we go again." Reflected Ambrosia, as she approached the great walls of Ba Sing Se, and by extension, the guards outside it. "Halt!" Said one, and as if they were some sort of comedy act, the other decided to chime in. "What's your business here?" Ambrosia sighed, preparing for the inevitable. "I'm here from the Northern Air Temple, i'm here to collect ores and metals for my projects, i'm a weapons expert."

The guards paused to look at each other, expressing concern through their glances. "Right, well what weapons do you currently have on you?" The girl rolled her eyes, giving the impression she was used to this. She took off her coat, revealing that she was absolutely littered in weaponry. She didn't even need a moment to think, intent on getting it over with as quickly as possible. "As of now I have one bladed staff, two cutlasses, a crossbow, several throwing knives, three daggers, a sledgehammer, an axe, four flintlock pistols, three daggers and some poison." The guard's jaws practically dropped. The first looked like he wanted to say something, but decided against it, the second shuffled awkwardly and both looked more than a tad intimidated. "...Very well, you can go through." The young expert smiled, picked up her coat, let out a hearty thanks and practically skipped through.

--An hour--

The shopping spree had begun. Ambrosia had managed to acquire a sizable sack in which she could store all of her goods. Though she'd only managed to get some crossbow bolts and an axe so far, she was sure it was going to get better. She was, however, getting tired and the thought of a bench seemed to get more and more attractive the longer she walked for. Which was precisely why she was overjoyed when she saw one! Taking a seat, she let out a sigh of relief, stretching for a moment and balancing her staff next to her, leaning it on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

EXP : 2220

Character Description
Position: Part-time Hostess
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Rui meandered down the streets of Ba Sing Se, a small shopping bag hanging from her arm. She hummed a cheerful tune, taking in the sights of Ba Sing Se. With only a few days left until their return to the Southern Water Tribe, Rui and her companion Tai decided to take a day or two to see Ba Sing Se for themselves. The young waterbender threw her long, obsidian braid over her shoulder, and proceeded to move a pesky piece of hair out of her face. It was relatively warm today; Rui was dressed in a simple high-collared sleeveless shirt and her favorite pair of poofy pants that were stuffed into her boots. She looked very out of place among the crowd; her blue clothes stood out among the sea of green fabrics.

The waterbender looked around, hoping to spot a tea shop her father had told her about. He had many stories about Ba Sing Se—he lived here prior to marrying Rui's late mother. This tea shop went by the name of the fiery phoenix, and her father used to brag to his mates all the time about how it was the most inexpensive yet delicious tea he'd ever had. Finally, Rui stumbled upon it. It was a decent sized tea shop, though on the inside it looked to be a little outdated. Wallpaper was peeling off the walls, and some of the floorboards looked loose. Nevertheless, Rui went up to the counter and paid for a regular cup of tea. They actually let her keep the cup, which Rui thought was quaint.

Now equipped with a nice cup of tea and some souvenirs for when she returned, the young waterbender strolled down the street once more. Rui was very content for once; this mini vacation left her feeling very refreshed and content. Nothing at this point could be better than this. Her mind trailed off as she walked, leaving Rui to look very dazed on the outside.

Suddenly, everything came crashing down all at once. Rui tripped over what appeared to be a staff, spilling her tea all over the lady sitting on the bench. The china cup fell to the ground, shattering everywhere. "Oh shit! I-I'm so sorry! Here, let me help you!" Rui bended as much of tea as she could out of the soaking wet woman's shirt and trousers.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Ambrosia wasn't too phased by the sudden edition of tea stains to her outfit, she did however noticeably twitch once they were removed via waterbending. Despite this, however she made an effort to remain calm. "Don't worry about it" She said, shrugging. "It's gonna come off eventually. I was more worried about you hurting yourself on this thing." She pointed to the bladed staff. "This baby can do some serious damage."

She leaned against the said weapon, using it to push herself up, and stretching out her back. "Man, I love stretching. I'm Ambrosia, by the way." She extended a hand with a confident smirk. "We don't get many folks from the Water Tribe around here, not that i'm from here either, I just visit a lot."
Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Rui was taken back by the stranger's kindness. In the past couple days of being here, the young waterbender figured out that the people of Ba Sing Se didn't take to foreigners such as herself very well. One man even had the audacity to spit on her; Tai ended up kicking his butt though. Rui nodded, truly at a loss for words. Maybe she one of those types who wait until they apologize until they beat you up.. Rui gulped, hoping─praying─that this wasn't the case. She'd just gotten rid of her black eye from the tournament.

"I'm Rui Ching of the Southern Water Tribe," she looked up at the woman who called herself Ambrosia, giving her a nervous smile. "I should really make it up to you. I feel awful about all of this." Rui gestured to broken china and the stains on Ambrosia's clothes. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. "If you'd like, I could treat you to a cup of tea from the tea shop I just left. From what I tasted, the tea was quite excellent."

Back to top Go down
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Ambrosia shuffled slightly, not exactly sure of what to say. After all, she had just met this girl, that is if one counts meeting as getting a hot shower and a quick chat courtesy of the water tribe. Nevertheless, this girl was awfully nice, and Ambrosia would feel more than a little guilty if she turned her down. As such, she decided to take this girl up on her offer, despite the fact she wasn't really that into tea in the first place.

She slung the staff over her back, making her best effort to seem pleased. "Yeah, that sounds like a great treat. Thanks..." She looked down for a moment, noticing her coat was flapping open. She stared at the array of weaponry for a second, and looked back up with a smile and an awkward laugh. "Wanna get going?"
Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:01 pm

A sense of relief grew in Rui's chest. She exhaled sharply, not realizing she'd held her breath after she had invited the woman to tea. Rui crossed her arms out of habit, turning her head to the side a bit. The young woman was surprised at her own actions; she was being unusually social. Rui dismissed the thought, figuring that her sense of gratitude was fueling her new found lack of shyness. After Ambrosia had expressed her gratitude, Rui followed her gaze downward and instantly noticed the coat full of weapons. She gulped, but decided to let it pass instead of making it obvious that she was now scared shit-less.

Rui turned around and began to walk alongside Ambrosia. The tea shop was further down the road; about a half a mile walk. An awkward silence occurred, and Rui tried her hardest to make some semblance of small talk. "S-so.." She stammered, looking off to the side with an embarrassed look. "What brings you and you're, uh, lovely array of weapons to Ba Sing Se?" She added the weapon bit as a last minute thought. Rui was honestly curious as to why this woman was holding so many weapons on her. The thought made Rui instantly feel weak; all she had on her was a pouch of water.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Ambrosia exhaled rather dramatically as she walked, slightly glad for Rui's attempt to break the silence. "Basically, I want weapons, and materials to make more weapons. Some people call me a collector, others call me an inventor, but really I just like these things." She twirled a pistol in her hand to demonstrate her point, holstering it again soon after. From then on, they walked, with Ambrosia not exactly sure where she was going, but with no intention of revealing that fact.

The silence had descended again, and as she strolled along the young girl decided to look back to Rui's example. She was pretty confident she could replicate it. "So, Rui. What brings you and your..." Nevermind. "Lovely..." She wracked her brain. "Braid to Ba Sing Se?" Though she didn't show it, the small Ambrosias in her head were uncorking champagne bottles in glee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Topic Has A Title: The Topic   This Topic Has A Title: The Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

This Topic Has A Title: The Topic
Page 1 of 1