The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tempest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:43 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek took a deep breath of the fresh ocean air as he stepped off of his Lion Tiger. He was dressed very formally, wearing his very official-looking military uniform. Badges on his shoulders made known his position as Head General of the Fire Nation and numerous medals pinned to his chest, glimmered in the morning sun. Tarek hated dressing like this, but it was a special occasion. Tarek, and a few other important members of the Fire Nation military were invited to take part in the maiden voyage of the largest and most powerful ship in the Fire Nation Navy, the flagship Nemisis.

The Nemisis was a marvel of engineering and arguably the most powerful warship in the entire world. It was twice the size of a normal Fire Navy battleship and packed nearly three times the firepower. Its construction was an ambitious project, and took many years and resources to complete. The best scientists and engineers the Fire Nation had to offer were involved in its construction and although there were some slight concerns with the ships balance the engineers were confident that it was ready.

After Tarek boarded the magnificent ship and went through a short tour with the Captain, he walked to the front of the Nemisis and stared off into the expanse. The skies were clear and there wasn’t even a breeze, but Tarek could feel something stirring in the distance, something very large and very powerful. It troubled him greatly, but his thoughts were interrupted as he spotted a familiar face approaching. “Kako! My old friend!” he said stepping towards him with open arms. “They actually let you aboard?” he chuckled jokingly.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:28 am

Kako Anthropos

The man in question hugged back. "Well they weren't really okay wi-you know what never mind, i'm here now." The spymaster in question fidgeted slightly, slipping on his sunglasses. "I'm surprised I could make it though, i've been occupied lately. But you know me, I got it done."

-- IN THE FIRE NATION CAPITAL --

A slim figure falls through mountains of paper, attempting to avoid the dark creatures laying within it. He calls a guard into the room "You there! How does he handle all of these GOD DAMN RACCOONS?" The guard doesn't say a word, instead he seems to split in half as three raccoons leap out of what is now revealed to be a bodysuit of sorts.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

-- Back to the 'plot' --

"Anyway..." The spymaster gestured to the crowds of leaping citizens on the pier. "Where's the ship heading?"

Mood: Fine

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyTue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek chuckled. “I see... well I’m glad you made it.” He said as he turned to look at the crowds of leaping citizens, excited to see the Nemisis set sale. “It’s just the maiden voyage of the ship, a shakedown run, skeleton crew and only essential equipment onboard, we are just going out as far as Ember Island and then turning back” Tarek explained in answer to Kako’s question. “I am surprised Shula let us on the same ship so quickly after that… misunderstanding back in the lab.” He chuckled. There were of course, no hard feelings, and Tarek was making light of the event.

Tarek turned back towards the ocean, leaning on the rail. “So how’s Jake?” he asked, before suddenly being interrupted as the ship's horn let out a long and very loud blast. It wasn’t long before the Nemisis set off. Tarek grinned as the ship sped forward cutting through the water, heading for the great gates of Azulon. “What do say we continue this conversation in the ships officers bar?” he said giving Kako a knowing look.

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyTue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako chuckled back, knowing that he didn't have to worry as he totally won that fight. He nodded at his friend's suggestion, grinning slightly "I like your thinking, perhaps we stop off at Ember Island, eh? Gimme a min, i'm gonna have a few words with the barkeep." He left Tarek there for a moment, surely enough, several seconds later a scream could be heard from his general direction. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE A NON-ALCOHOLIC BAR? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'LL BURN YOUR GODDAMN HOUSE D- taking a deep breath, the spymaster calmed himself. Sternly, he pushed past the barkeep, and began to inspect the floor extremely carefully, returning soon after. He straightened his tie "alright, all seems well, no secret tunnels. Where were we? Ah yes." With that he thumped the barkeep in the face, and walked away, returning to Tarek. "No beer. No bakery either. I don't know what to do man."

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:23 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned and shook his head; he knew that his friend probably still had his delusions about winning the fight, but Tarek knew better. “My thoughts exactly,” he replied to Kako’s suggestion of stopping at Ember Island. He watched as Kako walked off towards the barkeep and was hardly surprised when he heard Kako shouting at him when he found out there wasn’t any alcoholic beverages. He followed Kako into the bar, just in time to see him introduce the barkeep to his fist.

“If only Jake was here,” Tarek said in response to Kako’s comment, “then we could order him around a bit for fun.” He chuckled. “But…” he started, putting his arm around Kako’s shoulder, “luckily for you, I just happen to have a plan.” He said with a mischievous grin. “I’ve invited the Captain down for a game of poker,” he chuckled holding out a deck of cards, “I spoke to him earlier and he couldn’t bluff to save his life.”

Tarek chuckled again. “And then we can celebrate with that well hidden bottle you brought along,” Tarek said pointing to Kako’s coat. xD

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

[Short post because tired]

Kako Anthropos

Kako smirked at Tarek's clever plan. "Good idea my friend, I propose we inject a little teamwork, if you know what I mean." He nudged Tarek, winking "Just like in Gaoling, remember Gaoling?" His smile faded, however when Tarek pointed out a certain object he'd brought with him. "Oh yeah!" He chuckled "I brought that for us to share...yeah"

Last edited by Chief Whip Anthropos on Sun May 12, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek found it strange that Kako’s voice seemed to change for a second, but he disregarded it and nodded. "Aye, if we…uh…play our cards right, we might win enough for another bar/bakery filled night on Ember Island when we arrive.” He chuckled. His recent acquisition of his wife’s unique heat senses made bluffing games like poker especially profitable for Tarek, of course there was Kako’s legendary poker face as well. Between the two of them, the win was certain.

When Kako mentioned Gaoling, Tarek’s eye twitched slightly. The tale of Tarek and Kako’s adventures in Gaoling was legendary. It had been sung by bards all over the world, declaring to the four nations the wondrous, fabled acts of heroism, bravery, skill and unmatched power of the two men. Tarek didn’t remember much, as he was pretty sure they were both drunk at the time. All he remembered for sure was a ferret in his trousers at one point, and a crazy jester who kept repeating: “Why so serious son!?” over and over.

It wasn’t long before the poker game had started, and things were looking good for Tarek and Kako. However, with a loud crash, the massive ship lurched to the side. Suddenly, one of the engineering crew ran in. “Captain! The Storm! It was bigger than we thought! Things are looking bad!”
The captain instantly stood up and dramatically slammed his hands into the table. “Dammit Scott!” he shouted, “get us…out of this…storm!” he shouted with odd pauses between every couple of words.
“We’re giving her all she’s got captain!” the crewman insisted before the ship lurched sharply again and began to tilt. “Captain! We aren’t going to make it! This is the biggest storm I have ever seen!”

With that the captain raised his fist in the air and cursed dramatically. Tarek promptly stood up and planted a right cross firmly on his jaw. “Get a hold of yourself man!” he shouted. Unfortunately it seemed the captain was now out cold. Tarek gave Kako a look while stuffing the money they had won into his pocket. “We need to go see what the hell is happening!” he insisted as water began pouring into the room they were standing in

Mood: Winning

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako facepalmed, shouting to Tarek "You need to stop knocking out every goddamn person you run into. Good idea about investigating though." He took a moment to perform some pre-awesome stretches (he isn't as young as he once was) and ran up to the large window, overlooking the deck (they were on the bridge) and smashing through the glass with a kick, flying out into the open in the process. He did not plummet, however, as he quickly began firebending, jetpacking up to the top of the bridge in a moment. There wasn't much to be seen, aside from storm clouds and a hell of a lot of rain. He was, however, thrown off his perch when the ship violently lurched to the side, capsizing.

Needless to say, the spymaster went plummeting towards the ocean floor. If he were an earthbender, he would probably have been able to feel the earth move, but as he was not all he was able to do was hold his breath, and count to ten. Ten of course, being the point at which he began to rise to the surface again, which he did, spluttering, swearing and in a generally bad mood. Still swearing, he knocked a young lady off a large, floating piece of door, picking her up by her collar and sitting her on a log. It was only a moment later that he noticed another guy holding on to the edge of the boat, around the same age as the girl before him. He rolled his eyes, picking that one up too. "There was space on the door for you too, you know." Sitting him on the same log, he crossed his legs, took out the beer and waited to see where Tarek had gotten to.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tempest   The Tempest Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tempest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Other :: The Seas-
Jump to: